What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Variance in your lineups? (1 Viewer)

Ebaker5

Footballguy
So far I have put together one lineup for H2H's and 50/50's. I feel confident in this lineup and have set it across eight games (7 50/50's and 1 GPP). Considering the low amount of games I am playing currently. is one single lineup enough or should I go into 2 or 3 games and move a few guys around?

Also, I typically avoid the Thursday night slate. Playing only the Sun-Monday games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typically I run 2 lineups for each of two 2 major slates for cash games. I will be in about 45 cash games this week. Even with the small number your playing I would likely at least go with 2 different DTs and unless your really high on one QB over all others I would go with two QBs. I do tend to have a lot of cross over in the my lineups, typically a few players Im real high may be in all lineups.

Also at least on weeks you don't like any of the Thursday players you might want to play the Thursday slate and fade the players in the game. Because those players will be over owned and if they don't produce it will give you an edge. How I think the Thursday game will go determines how I break down my games between Thursday and Sunday starts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so here's my "core". My thought process is to switch Carr for maybe Palmer? Then Lacy for L. Murray. Only reason Murray isn't in that lineup is due to Cooper and Carr already being stacked up.

Carr v Chi

Gore c Jax

Lacy v SF

Cooper v Chi

Julio v Hou

Hurns v Indy

Clay v NYG

Jamaal Charles v Cin

Eagles D v Was

I'm doing things a little differently based on some of the posts here.

1 cash lineup (no stack) for all the doubleups. 50% of my cash budget (16 contests)

2nd cash lineup very similar to above but with a stack for all the triple ups and quintuple ups. (14 contests)

Putting the 2nd lineup into 2 10X boosters since I couldn't find enough quintuple ups.

Doing all Thu-Sun contests since I want Steve Smith for cash.

I'd do 1 lineup for the 50/50s and a different one for the GPP if I were you. I usually run a couple different (but similar) cash lineups every week, but that's not really necessary if you are only playing in a few contests.

1 cash lineup (no stack) for all the doubleups. 50% of my cash budget (16 contests)

2nd cash lineup very similar to above but with a stack for all the triple ups and quintuple ups. (14 contests)

Putting the 2nd lineup into 2 10X boosters since I couldn't find enough quintuple ups.

Damn, you guys have a lot more money going into this than I do.

Question: What size of double ups to you guys go for, or do you vary that as well? Better to go with the 100-200 entry ones or giant ones with 1000s of entries?

Question: What size of double ups to you guys go for, or do you vary that as well? Better to go with the 100-200 entry ones or giant ones with 1000s of entries?
I prefer large 200-300 single entry ones most of the really big ones are multi entry which I tend to avoid.

I prefer large 200-300 single entry ones most of the really big ones are multi entry which I tend to avoid.
I was noticing that too. I assumed that most who were really into it would be submitting multiple times in something like that, but that was just a guess.

I was noticing that too. I assumed that most who were really into it would be submitting multiple times in something like that, but that was just a guess.
Pros(sharks) will often train large number of the same entry into small dollar double ups because the cut line will be lower than entering one large dollar double up. If my bankroll was such that I couldn't get enough games at the low dollar single entry level I would do the same but I am just a smaller bank guy currently and can spread my play over a number of single entry contests.

Users who are viewing this thread