What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Veteran who LOST value because of the Draft (1 Viewer)

Boone22

Footballguy
Deuce McAllister- With the addition of Bush, McAllister's carries take a hit. At best for him it'll end up being a RBBC

DeShaun Foster- By adding DeAngelo Williams, Carolina shows how much faith they have in Foster staying healthy for a full year.

Kurt Warner- Yeah he's old and we probably couldn't count on him for much longer anyway but the addition of Leinhart makes Warner's years numbered in Arizona. At best you could probably get another year out of Warner in Arizona.

Corey Dillon- Another older guy who only has a few years left. Well his years are number now too with the addition of Laurence Maroney.

Jake Plummer- With the addition of Jay Cutler, Plummer will probably be on his way out of Denver in a year or two.

Eric Johnson- Not that anyone was counting on Mr Glass, but the addition of Vernon Davis probably makes Johnson's value zero.

Dominic Rhodes- I'm sure nobody was counting on Rhodes to carry the load for Indy but the addition of Joseph Addai just made that possibility even more remote. We'll probably see some kind of RBBC in Indy in the near future.

Chris Brown- Another Mr Glass just took a big hit value wise with the addition of LenDale White. Say what you will about the recent rumors swirling around Mr White but he should at least be healthy for most of the games.

There are a few "Value Question Marks" that come up too...

Steve McNair with Vince Young or if he gets traded to Baltimore

Fred Taylor & Greg Jones with the addition of Maurice Drew. Sure Drew won't beat out Taylor but what role will Drew have in that offense? Will he steal touches from someone?

Kevin Jones with the addition of Brian GCalhoun. Sure Calhoun probably won't replace Jones, but jones has been less than stellar and Calhoun could steal some touches.

Who else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rod Smith?

Goes from De Facto #1 to a posession #2. Maybe Javon takes some heat off him though.
Doubt it. Lelie is the guy who really gets hurt by this. I figure adding Walker will make the whole Broncos passing game more productive. Smith may get a relatively smaller piece of a bigger pie, but he's too entrenched in the Broncos offense and too good to lose out big time. If he does lose production, it'll be because he's getting old.The Vince Young certainly didn't help McNair's value in Tennessee. Not that he seemed really likely to continue to play there. So maybe the real damage was to the marginal value of Kyle Boller.

Rod Smith?

Goes from De Facto #1 to a posession #2. Maybe Javon takes some heat off him though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doubt it. Lelie is the guy who really gets hurt by this. I figure adding Walker will make the whole Broncos passing game more productive. Smith may get a relatively smaller piece of a bigger pie, but he's too entrenched in the Broncos offense and too good to lose out big time. If he does lose production, it'll be because he's getting old.The Vince Young certainly didn't help McNair's value in Tennessee. Not that he seemed really likely to continue to play there. So maybe the real damage was to the marginal value of Kyle Boller.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good call on Lelie. I completely forgot about Walker to Denver.

Rod Smith?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rod Smith?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your initial analysis was very comprehensive. It was very hard to think of anyone you didn't include.

I'm not sure about Kevin Jones. Could his value get any lower than the end of last season? Even when Marshall Faulk was king of the NFL he didn't regularly run 25 times a game. Jones could still get this 10-15 carries (yawn). If Calhoun works his way into the mix, he'll likely vulture time away from Bryson and Pinner. Those two already did a good job of MOOCHing Jones' touches last year.

I like Calhoun plenty and think he could be a nice fit in Mike Martz's system. If anything, I think Calhoun's presence puts Pinner and Schlesinger in danger of not making the roster. Bryson is expected to lineup as a fullback more this year putting Schlesinger's role in doubt somewhat.

Jones, Bryson and Calhoun will be there in the end. The last roster spot or two will come down to Arlen Harris, Pinner and Schlesinger.

If Jones struggles with nagging injuries again, then Calhoun could really get some opportunities with his multi-dimensional talents.

sorry if you have these guys on yoru team but

pinkston and lewis suffer with avant there

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's actually not true...Avant is a threat to Billy McMullen, first and foremost. Avant is a slow, possession receiver and will, at best, sit at WR4 this year barring an injury to Pinky or Lewis.I can't imagine either Pinkston or Lewis had significant dynasty value in any event.

I'm not sure about Kevin Jones. Could his value get any lower than the end of last season? Even when Marshall Faulk was king of the NFL he didn't regularly run 25 times a game. Jones could still get this 10-15 carries (yawn). If Calhoun works his way into the mix, he'll likely vulture time away from Bryson and Pinner. Those two already did a good job of MOOCHing Jones' touches last year.

I like Calhoun plenty and think he could be a nice fit in Mike Martz's system. If anything, I think Calhoun's presence puts Pinner and Schlesinger in danger of not making the roster. Bryson is expected to lineup as a fullback more this year putting Schlesinger's role in doubt somewhat.

Jones, Bryson and Calhoun will be there in the end. The last roster spot or two will come down to Arlen Harris, Pinner and Schlesinger.

If Jones struggles with nagging injuries again, then Calhoun could really get some opportunities with his multi-dimensional talents.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pinner and Corey are in trouble. they better stand out on specials teams to stay on .

Julius Jones- The Cowboys tried to deal him away to the Jets. In my opinion, this says a lot about how the Cowboys feel about Julius, maybe they are tired of his constant injuries and they are starting to lean towards MB3.

The rumor I was hearing were that the Cowboys were interested in L. Maroney, maybe to team him up with MB3 again.....

Rod Smith?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Rod Smith is more of the possesion WR now, while Javon will slowly become more and more the focus of the passing game.

Rod Smith?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Rod Smith is more of the possesion WR now, while Javon will slowly become more and more the focus of the passing game.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rod Smith will still be money in a PPR league for the next couple of years. I love the Javon walker signing for Rod Smith, he did great things with Easy Ed on the other side of him.

How has nobody mentioned Corey Dillon yet?

I'd also add Dominic Rhodes to this list.

Here's an IDP pick - Justin Tuck. I don't understand why the Giants got a fourth front-line DE.

Users who are viewing this thread