What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (4 Viewers)

I’m disappointed to hear that Fallout 76 is an online game. I heard unconfirmed, there are no NPCs and all human interactions are other players. Who knows if that’s 100% truth though. The beauty of Elder Scrolls & Fallout was based on the single player experience. A whole world with just you, not some 12 year old #### griefing you as you’re trying to complete a mission.
I am also, but at the same time I'm not worried about it. It makes sense to try to put a multiplayer game into the great fallout world. Sounds like the basis of it was developed as a part of FO4, then turned standalone. Could be a lot of fun for those that like multi player. As long as the next full fallout comes back to single I'm ok with this.

I’m disappointed to hear that Fallout 76 is an online game. I heard unconfirmed, there are no NPCs and all human interactions are other players. Who knows if that’s 100% truth though. The beauty of Elder Scrolls & Fallout was based on the single player experience. A whole world with just you, not some 12 year old #### griefing you as you’re trying to complete a mission.
He did make it clear that each instance of the world would be only dozens of people.  With 4x the size of FO4 the population density should be very low. Should.

You can still play single player.  They mentioned the human interaction part, but I find it hard to believe there will be no NPCs.
Just watched a documentary where they talk about this more.  Looks like there is a faction of ghouls who are kind of a cross between ferals and ghouls from other Fallout games.  I expect some to be lucid enough to give you quests, as well as your standard variety ghoul.  But meeting other humans is supposed to be special and rare. 

There are a LOT of games coming over the next year that I'm interested in.

BLOPS 4 (first COD in many years that has my attention)

Battlefield V (probably will only get one of these first two)

Red Dead 2

Fallout 76

Crackdown 3

Anthem

The Division 2

Dying Light 2

Gears 5

Cyberpunk 2077 - could be very cool

Worm said:
There are a LOT of games coming over the next year that I'm interested in.

Red Dead 2

Fallout 76
Red Dead comes out 3 weeks before Fallout 76, can't believe I am saying this but Fallout may have to wait for me.

So I turned 41 today.

My wife gave me a switch and MK8.  What do I need to know.

ohh downloading Fortnight as we speak also.
Congrats.  I turn 41 in August and when my wife asked what I wanted I said Nintendo eShop gift certificates.

Zelda and Mario are the premier must have games on the Switch.  MK8 is also excellent.  For RPGs, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is pretty good if you can stand anime.  Octopath Traveller comes out next month and is supposed to be amazing.  There are also some really good platformers, one being donkey kong, the other Shantae out, but I havent played them.  

Glad I am not the only old timer here.  I am getting Nintendo labo(?) for my 7 year old.  Already told my wife to expect a few purchases, I.E. Zelda, Mario and possibly splatoon.... So far....

How do I do friend requests?  I am LSUWhodat

Turn 42 Monday.  Asked for a PS+ renewal and PS gift cards.  I'll play MLB the Show until RDR2, when I can play w/ all the little kids online...

Got my first Fortnight victory last night!*

*Thanks to the 20 v 20 matchups!  Stayed as a bush the entire game... got 1 kill!
LOL, I've had a few victories in squads mode but just this weekend got my first victory in single player mode and then again this morning. The first one was a legit battle, the victory this morning? Started on the fringe, worked my way in and then hid under the dock at Fatal Fields for a couple of iterations of the storm, popped up and nailed the one guy left.

Fortnite 
:hifive:

We should put a list together of Fortnite players and squad up...once I figure out how to get voice chat to work on my ipad :wall:

lol. My first system was not until the original XBOX, my parents were thrifty. Before that I had a cousin with an old Atari and could not get enough Pitfall. I had a neighbor with an N64. But the most popular kid in my neighborhood at a younger age was the one with an original Playstation and Twisted Metal. We were too young to realize that Sony was the brand and not the console, so everyone wanted their turn to "play the Sony". 

they should make an over forty division for this game.   I maybe wouldn't die every time I run into someone then. :D
Or have a 10 and under and 40+ division.  I figure I can own 10 yr olds pretty easily as well.  Probably 12 and under.  Once they get 13, though, it is like the video game gene really kicks in. :bag:

Played Xcom 2 for a bit yesterday. I’ve never played an Xcom before but I know that you can lose the late game if you screw up too much in the lead up. Because of that, this game has me stressed out the entire way. Every little decision I’m worried about what it will do long term.

The combat I’ve made a lot of mistakes. Leaving people out in the open, getting too close to enemies, taking low probability shots and so on. The stress levels make the game less fun while I’m playing but having your actions matter instead of just “oh well, I guess I will just try again” is pretty fun. It also has me running the missions again in head trying to come up with better strategies. 

Users who are viewing this thread