What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vince Williams (1 Viewer)

Bronco Billy

Footballguy
Surprised there isn't some thread on him. With Shazier out he's put up some eye popping numbers at LB for PIT.

Granted that Shazier regains his spot when healthy, but knowing that Timmons is in a walk year and that when an extension was discussed in preseason that Timmons and PIT were a long ways apart, Williams could be a very nice dynasty add.  It is not unprecedented that PIT lets Timmons go in FA knowing that Williams appears ready to start in the middle. 

I just added him for the minimum in FA with my sights on a potential future tackle hog. Thoughts?

added him in all my dyno leagues where he was available. Probably not a lot of value this year but next year with Timmons being an UFA he could be a stud

from John Norton:

After a second consecutive big game I am starting to feel the urge to join Sig and Jene on the Vince Williams bandwagon. He is now an impressive 22-3-2 in two starts. As we like to say, two games is a trend. Lawrence Timmons owners should be feeling a little uncomfortable about now. The 30 year old ten year veteran still has plenty of game but he may be the third wheel in the near future.

From the IDP nation article on roto:   The Steelers are also playing a Dolphins offense that has been a terrible IDP matchup simply because their offense isn’t on the field enough. The last two weeks Miami has provided less than 30 tackle opportunities to opposing defenses so in general it isn’t bad idea to keep all your Steelers riding pine. What we do know is Vince Williams has shown the last two weeks that he has IDP appeal when given snaps and all signs point to him being the ILB of the future next to Shazier in 2017 and beyond. He signed a three-year extension this offseason and overpriced Lawrence Timmons will be a free agent next year so Williams makes an interesting buy in deep dynasty leagues right now if you can afford to stash him on your bench for the rest of the year.

Watch for him to be dropped once Shazier comes back and his numbers decline. Great buy in dynasty right now but some owners may not be that savvy.

Watch for him to be dropped once Shazier comes back and his numbers decline. Great buy in dynasty right now but some owners may not be that savvy.
Steelers seem like they OK in cap space next year, maybe a coin flip if he gets resigned right now?

But their O-Line is in shambles and Vince does have pass rushing skills. While his tackle numbers are low his Big Play upside is there. Fins just cut 2 starting linemen this week their Right Tackle James is a basically a turnstile, and both Tunsil and Albert are less than 100% even if they play. I would predict a line of about 5-6 tackles and a sack for this week. 

adrn005 said:
But their O-Line is in shambles and Vince does have pass rushing skills. While his tackle numbers are low his Big Play upside is there.

Not sure what kind of league you play in, but in my league 22 tackles and 3 assists the past 2 weeks are pretty strong numbers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what kind of league you play in, but in my league 22 tackles and 3 assists the past 2 weeks are pretty strong numbers. 

I think what he meant is that while his tackle opprtunities this week will be low his pass rushing skills may make up for it as he might get a sack or two.

Yeah, but Miami was just killing the clock and running the whole time at that point. From watching the whole game as a steeler fan no LB in the 4th quarter hit Ajayi till he got a few yards past the line. They were all gassed on a hot humid day in Miami. Anyone see Timmons lose his lunch on Ajyai first TD? Just rough conditions for them already a man down with Shazier down. What was interesting is that I saw Chick lining up in the middle with Vince lined up on the outside left. 

Users who are viewing this thread