What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Virginia question (1 Viewer)

belljr

Footballguy
Does it say in your DMV manual "pick any lane on the freeway as long as you are 1 mph under the speed limit"

### #### driving in a parade today

:angry: :rant: :wall:

Driving on any part of 95 in Virginia is like driving on the devil's taint. The whole thing is awful. Accidents all over the place and traffic slowing to a complete stop over and over for no discernable reason. Just the worst.
I can confirm. Maryland drivers are just NY/NJ drivers with slightly better attitudes and stuffed with crab meat.

VA cops are pretty bad, which slows down traffic as well.  I once got a ticket for going 73 in a 65 on an interstate, which, I mean, okay, I was speeding, I guess, but really?

A good part of my twenties was spent in Virginia, during which I observed that the classic local move is for a car preparing to enter one of their many four lane highways (non-interstate) will wait for a substantial time of no traffic to pull out right in front of the only car on the road and immediately get into the passing lane, at which point they accelerate to somewhere far below the posted speed limit. 

I live here and can confirm, we have some of the worst drivers.  As bad as I-95 and I-66 are, I-81 is absolutely terrifying.  Nothing like having a semi doing 80 tailgating you down a mountain.  And then passing each other at 35 mph going uphill for miles.

As bad as I-95 and I-66 are, I-81 is absolutely terrifying.  Nothing like having a semi doing 80 tailgating you down a mountain.  And then passing each other at 35 mph going uphill for miles.
I live off of I-81 and agree. It's a damned mess and it's the semis causing the bulk of the problem.

I live here and can confirm, we have some of the worst drivers.  As bad as I-95 and I-66 are, I-81 is absolutely terrifying.  Nothing like having a semi doing 80 tailgating you down a mountain.  And then passing each other at 35 mph going uphill for miles.
Agree!  Never had issues with I-66 but I-95 from Fredericksburg north is always stopped even in the middle of the night it seems and I-81 is both frightening and frustrating.

66 is always a disaster, no matter what time of day or what day.  Summer weekends make 95 in either direction a nightmare. 

81 is a beautiful drive, but those semis don't mess around.  81 also goes for approximately 964 miles through the state of Virginia.  You hit Roanoke, and you're only halfway....

I drive I81 every so often, and it seems like there is always twice the amount of traffic going south than there is going north.

§ 46.2-802. Drive on right side of highways; penalty.

Except as otherwise provided by law, on all highways of sufficient width, the driver of a vehicle shall drive on the right half of the highway, unless it is impracticable to travel on such side of the highway and except when overtaking and passing another vehicle, subject to the provisions applicable to overtaking and passing set forth in Article 4 (§ 46.2-837 et seq.) of this chapter. A violation of this section is punishable by a fine of $100.

Users who are viewing this thread