What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wagner? (1 Viewer)

bigal0303

Footballguy
Anyone watch this game is he only in for 2 downs he cost me my game so if anyone has insight on wagner that be great

Anyone watch this game is he only in for 2 downs he cost me my game so if anyone has insight on wagner that be great
Search this forum and you'll find that people knew he was a 2-downer last week.He may not be worth much this season except against running teams.

See that fluorescent green dot? It's on the back of KJ Wright's helmet.

Wright was, is, and will be by far the best SEA LB to own.

Don't give up on Wagner he will become an every down backer early in this season. If you notice yesterday the Seahawks had the ball most of the time, and Arizona rarely ran the ball. All AZ D players had big stats, where SEA not so much. Wagner's value will increase, it's only 1 game.

so, sea has this great match up vs nep this week, and I don't want to turn this into a wdis, but let's say some random everyman was able to pick up either kj or wagner --- I'd say go with kj, but wagner now gets all the snaps and is also mlb.

on the other hand, kj's been pretty productive at his wlb position.

now, let's say this hypothetical everyman is me -- who would I pick up?

any outside teh boxscore opinions?

With Killa Ray probably being shelved, I'm having some extreme man-love for Bobby on a couple teams right now. Hopefully he keeps the train rolling.

Just be sure to lower expectations a little this week when Wagner heads to SF, the land of zero assists.
I don't like assist, they aren't worth much in our league. If that makes them give him solos instead, I like it.4 solos in first quarter is fine by me.

Just be sure to lower expectations a little this week when Wagner heads to SF, the land of zero assists.
I don't like assist, they aren't worth much in our league. If that makes them give him solos instead, I like it.4 solos in first quarter is fine by me.
In this week's EOTG Norton was saying this was a nice matchup. Evidently the SF scorekeeper somewhat makes up for minimal assists by being generous with solos.

In this week's EOTG Norton was saying this was a nice matchup. Evidently the SF scorekeeper somewhat makes up for minimal assists by being generous with solos.
It is good to know that even when there is an assist that a solo will be awarded on EVERY play as opposed to the semicolon (2 assist) method.

'johnnyboy8102 said:
'PhantomJB said:
'G-King said:
It is good to know that even when there is an assist that a solo will be awarded on EVERY play as opposed to the semicolon (2 assist) method.
I was wondering wth was going on with all the SF tackles, that really sucks when your playing someone that has 3 9'er D guys going and some plays 2 get a full tackle. He may be the best scorekeeper in the league, because most times assists are only worth half as much as a tackle, when you got 2 guys getting full tackles... that adds up quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
'johnnyboy8102 said:
'PhantomJB said:
'G-King said:
I was wondering wth was going on with all the SF tackles, that really sucks when your playing someone that has 3 9'er D guys going and some plays 2 get a full tackle. He may be the best scorekeeper in the league, because most times assists are only worth half as much as a tackle, when you got 2 guys getting full tackles... that adds up quick.
That's not how it works in SF or any other NFL stadium. The SF scorekeeper seldom credits assists on plays but even if he does it will be scored like this: (Willis, Bowman). Willis would get the solo and Bowman the assist due to a comma being used. Now some stadiums, like Washington/Indy/New England, will score like this: (Fletcher; Riley) were both of them get assists due to the semicolon being used. However a place like Washington credits 2 tackles on 75% of all plays while a place like SF may on 15%. Hence, London Fletcher has 17 tackles every home game and the Washington Team will have 85 tackles as a team due to 2 tacklers getting credit on almost every play.NO stadium in the NFL gives 2 Full/Solo tackles.

'johnnyboy8102 said:
'PhantomJB said:
'G-King said:
That's not how it works in SF or any other NFL stadium. The SF scorekeeper seldom credits assists on plays but even if he does it will be scored like this: (Willis, Bowman). Willis would get the solo and Bowman the assist due to a comma being used. Now some stadiums, like Washington/Indy/New England, will score like this: (Fletcher; Riley) were both of them get assists due to the semicolon being used. However a place like Washington credits 2 tackles on 75% of all plays while a place like SF may on 15%. Hence, London Fletcher has 17 tackles every home game and the Washington Team will have 85 tackles as a team due to 2 tacklers getting credit on almost every play.NO stadium in the NFL gives 2 Full/Solo tackles.
I just misunderstood what he was saying, thats normal to me, most places give a tackle and an assist, There are few that give no assists, but I try to avoid those players.

Wagner actually had a tackle taken off on a penalty, and a DB was credit with a tackle that Wagner actually had the RB first by the ankles and got lost under the pile, so he wasn't awarded it. I know that happens the other way too, but I still like the way Wagner was calling the D and always around the ball.

Wagner actually had a tackle taken off on a penalty, and a DB was credit with a tackle that Wagner actually had the RB first by the ankles and got lost under the pile, so he wasn't awarded it. I know that happens the other way too, but I still like the way Wagner was calling the D and always around the ball.
The 49ers Stat keeper makes some questionable calls on tackles.

Wagners value will only increase as his experience does. The MLB is always the value play on the defensive side of the ball

Thoughts on Wright's dynasty value? He's an LB 1 so far in my league. Worth keeping if he can maintain #s with Wagner taking more snaps.

Thoughts on Wright's dynasty value? He's an LB 1 so far in my league. Worth keeping if he can maintain #s with Wagner taking more snaps.
They are both playing every down per the Every down LB thread. As long ast hat keeps happening they will both be LB1.

The 49ers Stat keeper makes some questionable calls on tackles.
I am sick. I lost by a half point which to me means 1 assisted tackle. Wagner should have got more than 8 total tackles.

It seems as if there are enough tackles to go around for Kam, KJ, and Wagner.

Pretty much start all 3 w/ confidence every week.

It seems as if there are enough tackles to go around for Kam, KJ, and Wagner. Pretty much start all 3 w/ confidence every week.
Chancellor seems more sensitive to matchups. His good games are against the better offenses in the league who forced Seattle into subpackages and created higher tackle opportunity (ie. Dallas, GB, NE, Det). When Seattle is able to shut down the other team, he seems to fall flat on his face.

I really like Wagner. In an IDP Dynasty I am keeping him for sure. But really, he seems to be getting good point totals. Maybe it's cause I play in a 16 team league, but he seems more valuable than a lot of established LB.

It seems as if there are enough tackles to go around for Kam, KJ, and Wagner. Pretty much start all 3 w/ confidence every week.
Chancellor seems more sensitive to matchups. His good games are against the better offenses in the league who forced Seattle into subpackages and created higher tackle opportunity (ie. Dallas, GB, NE, Det). When Seattle is able to shut down the other team, he seems to fall flat on his face.
I agree with what you are saying but:Kj Wright: 65 tackles (50 solo) Bobby Wagner: 62 tackles (40 solo)Kam Chancellor: 60 tackles (45 solo)I meant to say that 8 games in all three players are very close in total tackles and solos.

Users who are viewing this thread