What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver - Drop Gallup? (1 Viewer)

Quilman83

Footballguy
Standard 10 Team PPR (1/rec) (FLEX RB/WR/TE)
Diggs, Allen Robinson, Diontae Johnson, Brandin Cooks are my other WRs. I have Hockenson, Jared Cook, and Hunter Henry at TE
Mixon, Miles Sanders, Damien Harris at RB. Murray, Hurts, and Winston at QB
My starting WRs are 75 points better than the league average,  backups are slightly under the league average. The league hoards RBs, so I am trying to build value elsewhere and trade up. Wanted Mitchell, but wasn't gonna spend a bunch of my FAAB the first week.
Should I drop Gallup? I'm thinking yes. Beginner tho.

You don't need three TE's or three QB's.  I would drop Henry or Cook.  With Hockenson you just need a single week bye week fill in.  Keep Gallup....once healthy he will put up some big games and if Cooper/Lamb get injured even better for him.  That passing offense is elite.  

You don't need three TE's or three QB's.  I would drop Henry or Cook.  With Hockenson you just need a single week bye week fill in.  Keep Gallup....once healthy he will put up some big games and if Cooper/Lamb get injured even better for him.  That passing offense is elite.  
It's a fairly competitive league. RBs went quick. It's also a keeper league, and I took over a team for a guy who didn't play. The guy probably didn't play again because he's terrible at it. Keepers get recycled after one year. Tyreek Hill was his keeper the year before, and the best choice for me was Allen Robinson. Everyone had someone much better.

I definitely know I don't need 3 TE&QBs. Hurts and Winston are an investment. It's 6/Pass TD, and I like the looks of Hurts, watched Winston, and he was always amazing at FSU, I'm guessing footwork is the last piece for him. I like them both to keep improving.

I will drop Henry if he doesn't have a big game against the jets.

I felt 'inspired', so I dropped Gallup not long after I posted, and picked up the other NE RB. Figured having them both would ensure I chose right when one emerges. Then I remembered that Belichik may very well split the carries, and never make one the main back. So I didn't feel as smart after that. Might pickup Gallup if I can next week after waivers clear.

If it's a one person keeper it is basically irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.  It wouldn't warrant keeping that many QB's or TE's.  Anyway looks like you already dropped Gallup (who is a FA and may be elsewhere next year if you are concerned about an upside keeper).  I would try and get him back if you can.  

Users who are viewing this thread