What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (4 Viewers)

In our league, teams that are no longer in playoff contention cannot trade with those who are to avoid imbalanced trades and it's looking like we're going to eliminate three teams this next week and a fourth is very close to elimination. Should I be looking to grab a little more firepower for my playoff run or should I stand pat and be well set-up for next year? If it matters, I'm currently 10-0. :excited:

It's a keep-5 12-team auction league with escalating salaries after the second year. 2 QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/1 K/1 DST with 18 roster spots + IR. Standard scoring, with 4 for PaTD, 1 per receiving first down (averages to 0.3 PPR for RB's, 0.5 for TE's, 0.6 for WR's), plus bonuses for 60+ yd TD's. DST is weighted heavily towards points allowed and TD's.

My current roster (along with estimated salaries for next year, N/E = not eligible to be kept) is as follows:

[*]QB: Vick (~$30-35), Roethlisberger ($26), Garrard ($16), Romo ($61), Kitna (N/E)

[*]RB: A. Peterson ($74), Mendenhall (~$35-40), Brandon Jackson ($1), Choice ($2), Ringer ($2), Huggins ($6)

[*]WR: Fitzgerald ($30), Smith (CAR, $24), Owens ($8), Edwards ($1)

[*]TE: Davis (~$6-8), Moeaki (N/E)

[*]K: Rackers ($1)

[*]DST: Lions (N/E - I play D by committee from waivers)

I'm pretty happy with that roster, although I feel that my WR's are a little weak (starting Fitz/Owens, currently).

Here are the relevant rosters from the soon-to-be-eliminated teams:

[*]Team A: WR: Andre Johnson ($50); RB: Bradshaw (~$30-40), S. Jackson ($60)

[*]Team B: WR: Amendola (N/E), James Jones (N/E); RB: Gore ($65), Turner ($71); TE: Witten ($5); DST: Jets ($3)

[*]Team C: WR: Nicks ($20-25), Steve Johnson (N/E); RB: Tomlinson ($7); DST: Giants (N/E)

[*]Team D: WR: Calvin Johnson ($32), Jennings ($30)

Of those teams, AJ, Nicks and CJ seem like the likely upgrades for WR (and Nicks is potentially still worthwhile as a keeper next year) and Gore is arguably an upgrade over Mendenhall (not suggesting that I trade Mendy, only starting Gore over him).

Thoughts? Should I try to deal Jackson at $1 for a WR upgrade or Gore? Try another deal? Or stand pat with what I have?
I think I would move Jackson for Stevie Johnson. Jackson will lose the starter's job back to Grant next year and you could use Johnson this year. One other move might be to try to move smith and Brandon Jackson for Nicks, Jennings, etc, but might be asking for too much.

I have to drop 1-2 DT's. Which are droppable in 16 team leagues? This is a dynasty

1 DT is required to start in the lineup

Garay

R Miller

Mincey

C Peters

S Rogers

Is it time to drop Rogers? He didn't have a very good last year either.

hey jeff,some notables on the waiver wire right now, do i go after any or stand pat?auction keeper league, all listed reasonably priced and potential keepers at their respective values. no limit on amount of players keptMY TeamQB Vick, CutlerRB Foster, Charles, Addai, Wells, StewartWR Owens, Harvin, Wallace, Garcon, VJaxTE Celek, MeoakiRecently dropped: Stafford, Pierre Thomas, Clinton Portis, Austin Collie, Mark Clayton, Ryan Grant (little steep)anyone worth dropping/adding?Thanks
Moeaki is a drop for Collie. Would be a great move.
my fault Jeff, i do that to you everytime. . .can only drop/add within position played. we have roster limits
you are stacked at RB/WR ... I would be tempted to drop Garcon for Collie but that is it
yea, thats what i bid on. figure harvin, wallace and owens will be a solid start here on out and if vjax or collie come back for playoffs ill be set. . .was just offered Andre Johnson for Jamaal Charles. . . not bad, however, im worried about my rbs a little cuz stewart and wells have been busts so far. plus, addai has been injured. We start 2 rbs, 2 wrs and 1 flex so i dont know who id go at RB2 each week. we're a PPR league, reward return yardage too (harvin!). the guy offering Johnson, also has Roddy Roddy White. both are too pricey to keep but Charles will be a no-brainer at his cost, stick with what i got?

hey jeff,some notables on the waiver wire right now, do i go after any or stand pat?auction keeper league, all listed reasonably priced and potential keepers at their respective values. no limit on amount of players keptMY TeamQB Vick, CutlerRB Foster, Charles, Addai, Wells, StewartWR Owens, Harvin, Wallace, Garcon, VJaxTE Celek, MeoakiRecently dropped: Stafford, Pierre Thomas, Clinton Portis, Austin Collie, Mark Clayton, Ryan Grant (little steep)anyone worth dropping/adding?Thanks
Moeaki is a drop for Collie. Would be a great move.
my fault Jeff, i do that to you everytime. . .can only drop/add within position played. we have roster limits
you are stacked at RB/WR ... I would be tempted to drop Garcon for Collie but that is it
yea, thats what i bid on. figure harvin, wallace and owens will be a solid start here on out and if vjax or collie come back for playoffs ill be set. . .was just offered Andre Johnson for Jamaal Charles. . . not bad, however, im worried about my rbs a little cuz stewart and wells have been busts so far. plus, addai has been injured. We start 2 rbs, 2 wrs and 1 flex so i dont know who id go at RB2 each week. we're a PPR league, reward return yardage too (harvin!). the guy offering Johnson, also has Roddy Roddy White. both are too pricey to keep but Charles will be a no-brainer at his cost, stick with what i got?
i would stand pat

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for your help so far, I just picked up VJax for the stretch run on your recommendation. Wondering who you would pick as my flex for this week. Performance scoring, no PPR, I need one of these three...

Tampa Mike @ SF

Blount @ SF

MAustin vs Det

Thanks for help!

Hey Jeff,Thanks for your help so far, I just picked up VJax for the stretch run on your recommendation. Wondering who you would pick as my flex for this week. Performance scoring, no PPR, I need one of these three...Tampa Mike @ SFBlount @ SFMAustin vs DetThanks for help!
Miles Austin ... even tho difficult after the past few weeks

Hi Jeff.

Week 11 WDIS.

I assume I'd be an idiot for even considering starting Kitna (vs DET) over Vick (NYG).

Gronkowski (IND) or Marcedes Lewis (CLE).

Def/ST I have no idea who to start. I've had back to back weeks with negative points. NE 2 weeks ago and Arizona most recently.

I'm on the WW for KC(Arizona) who someone dropped yesterday but I'm last on the WW.

Free agents include Oakland(Pittsburgh)..Dallas(Detroit)..Cincy.(Buffalo).San Diego(Denver)..Atlanta(St Louis)

Thanks for the help Jeff.

Hi Jeff,

Week 11 WDIS...1 pt per 20yds passing/10 yds rush/rec and all TDs 6 pts

1. Orton or Hill? I like Hill's matchup, but I know Denver is going to have to throw the ball a lot.

2. Greene or Leblount? I know Greene is on an even timeshare and my only worry on Leblount is if TB gets behind and the switch to Caddy.

Any help is welcomed.

Finn

Hello Jeff, Standard Scoring Redraft 1 qb, 2rb 2wr 1rb/wr flex, te,k,def. WDis and beyond(kind of rb whore i guess)

McCoy,Bradshaw and Blount may never come out of the lineup:

Vick,

Kolb

McCoy

Bradshaw

Blount, Hart,Harrison,Goodson,Choice

K Smith and Ivory on wire.....trying to have some choices later on.

C. Johnson

M. Williams

Colston,

S. Moss

Hernandez

Chiefs

Carpenter

Colts on wire, but I think i like the chiefs and probably only keep 1 def.

Thanks for ALL the GREAT help this year....

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to drop Favre or Fitzpatrick.

Eli is my starter. Is Favre done? Fitzpatrick has been more consistent, looking for opinions.

Thanks.

Hi Jeff.

Week 11 WDIS.

I assume I'd be an idiot for even considering starting Kitna (vs DET) over Vick (NYG).

I like Kitna a lot this week, but would not sit Vick

Gronkowski (IND) or Marcedes Lewis (CLE). Lewis

Def/ST I have no idea who to start. I've had back to back weeks with negative points. NE 2 weeks ago and Arizona most recently.

I'm on the WW for KC(Arizona) who someone dropped yesterday but I'm last on the WW.

Free agents include Oakland(Pittsburgh)..Dallas(Detroit)..Cincy.(Buffalo).San Diego(Denver)..Atlanta(St Louis)

KC or Atlanta, prefer Atlanta.

Thanks for the help Jeff.
good luck

finnmaccoul said:
Hi Jeff,Week 11 WDIS...1 pt per 20yds passing/10 yds rush/rec and all TDs 6 pts1. Orton or Hill? I like Hill's matchup, but I know Denver is going to have to throw the ball a lot.2. Greene or Leblount? I know Greene is on an even timeshare and my only worry on Leblount is if TB gets behind and the switch to Caddy.Any help is welcomed.Finn
Orton, he throws a ton. Hill has a great matchup, but risky. I like Greene, but go with LGB since he will get the majority of carries

Hello Jeff, Standard Scoring Redraft 1 qb, 2rb 2wr 1rb/wr flex, te,k,def. WDis and beyond(kind of rb whore i guess)McCoy,Bradshaw and Blount may never come out of the lineup:Vick, KolbMcCoyBradshawBlount, Hart,Harrison,Goodson,Choice K Smith and Ivory on wire.....trying to have some choices later on.C. JohnsonM. WilliamsColston,S. Moss HernandezChiefsCarpenterColts on wire, but I think i like the chiefs and probably only keep 1 def.Thanks for ALL the GREAT help this year....
Good lineup, just start the three RBs. I think I would go with Johnson and Williams. Johnson is a great start against the BAD dallas defensive backs.

Hey Jeff,

little late for advice as I've accepted the deal already, deadline was kickoff last night. just wanted to get your input.

12 team, auction keeper league

PPR, Return yardage, 6td

Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, Flex, TE, K, DEF

I got: ADP and Steve Smith (NYG)

Gave up: Jamaal Charles and Terell Owens.

My Team: (now) (currently 3rd place @ 6-4)

QB- Vick, Cutler

RB- Foster, ADP, Addai, Stewart, Wells

WR- Wallace, Harvin, Smith, Collie, VJax

TE- Celek, Meaoki

K- Hartley, Gostkowski

DEF- GB, Philly

His Team: (now) (tied for 4th at 5-5)

QB- Ben, Eli

RB- SJax, McCoy, Charles, Betts, Jacobs

WR- Owens, DJax, MWill(SEA), Moore, Breaston

TE- Keller, Scaife

K- Gould,

DEF- Chicago, KC

good trade or did I spread myself too thin at WR? Charles and Smith or reasonable keepers, as is Owens. ADP will be a bit steep. I'm basically going for the gold this year.

Hi Jeff,

A second opinion on players this weekend?

Ben vs. Oakland or Eli at Philly?

And do I stick with my big three of Gore, Bradshaw, and Rice, or do Blount and Reggie Bush get any consideration yet? Thanks again Jeff!

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

Already got a zero at K b/c I was too cheap to follow my gut this week and drop Carpenter for Graham...

Here's the deal: I have Mike Williams Tampa at flex and Blount as RB2. MW has this DUI thing, so I have a couple things I can do:

1. Insert Bernard Scott as RB2 w/ Benson banged up. Play Blount or MW in flex, deciding just before their afternoon kickoff

2. Keep Blount in, start Santana Moss at flex.

3. Keep Blount AND MW

4. Blount is a bad start, go with Moss and Scott.

Because Moss and Scott both play at noon, I have to decide before the games. What are you thoughts?

I'm 7-3. With Schaub and Favre under performing and the trading deadline just passed, I have an injury move to pick up a free agent QB for the "out" Finley. I have decided that this is the area that is most needs shoring up for the playoffs. With that in mind, the question is- just WHO to pick up tonight?

All with nice week 14, 15, 16 schedules, a couple 14, 15 with Schaub's Mile High shootout week 16:

Josh Freeman

Jon Kitna

Matt Hasselbeck- still standing

Shaun Hill- Stafford?

Tyler Thigpen- not so impressive last week, and Henne?

Jason Campbell- reeally digging

Who? :lmao:

Roster

Schaub, Favre

Gore, Hillis, Blount, Hightower

White, Marshall, VJAX, Ocho

Hernandez, Finley(out)

Tynes, Crosby

Steelers

Hey Jeff,

little late for advice as I've accepted the deal already, deadline was kickoff last night. just wanted to get your input.

12 team, auction keeper league

PPR, Return yardage, 6td

Start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, Flex, TE, K, DEF

I got: ADP and Steve Smith (NYG)

Gave up: Jamaal Charles and Terell Owens.

My Team: (now) (currently 3rd place @ 6-4)

QB- Vick, Cutler

RB- Foster, ADP, Addai, Stewart, Wells

WR- Wallace, Harvin, Smith, Collie, VJax

TE- Celek, Meaoki

K- Hartley, Gostkowski

DEF- GB, Philly

His Team: (now) (tied for 4th at 5-5)

QB- Ben, Eli

RB- SJax, McCoy, Charles, Betts, Jacobs

WR- Owens, DJax, MWill(SEA), Moore, Breaston

TE- Keller, Scaife

K- Gould,

DEF- Chicago, KC

good trade or did I spread myself too thin at WR? Charles and Smith or reasonable keepers, as is Owens. ADP will be a bit steep. I'm basically going for the gold this year.
I like it for you since you will have Collie and Vjax back very soon. Getting AD help

Hi Jeff,A second opinion on players this weekend?Ben vs. Oakland or Eli at Philly? And do I stick with my big three of Gore, Bradshaw, and Rice, or do Blount and Reggie Bush get any consideration yet? Thanks again Jeff!12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.
I think Ben at QB just because the Philly/NYG game could be low scoring. For your RBs, stick with your studs unless you want Blount over Bradshaw

Already got a zero at K b/c I was too cheap to follow my gut this week and drop Carpenter for Graham...

Here's the deal: I have Mike Williams Tampa at flex and Blount as RB2. MW has this DUI thing, so I have a couple things I can do:

1. Insert Bernard Scott as RB2 w/ Benson banged up. Play Blount or MW in flex, deciding just before their afternoon kickoff

2. Keep Blount in, start Santana Moss at flex.

3. Keep Blount AND MW

4. Blount is a bad start, go with Moss and Scott.

Because Moss and Scott both play at noon, I have to decide before the games. What are you thoughts?
I would not play Scott, so Blount and Moss would be my first choice, with MW second

I'm 7-3. With Schaub and Favre under performing and the trading deadline just passed, I have an injury move to pick up a free agent QB for the "out" Finley. I have decided that this is the area that is most needs shoring up for the playoffs. With that in mind, the question is- just WHO to pick up tonight?

All with nice week 14, 15, 16 schedules, a couple 14, 15 with Schaub's Mile High shootout week 16:

Josh Freeman

Jon Kitna

Matt Hasselbeck- still standing

Shaun Hill- Stafford?

Tyler Thigpen- not so impressive last week, and Henne?

Jason Campbell- reeally digging

Who? :yucky:

Roster

Schaub, Favre

Gore, Hillis, Blount, Hightower

White, Marshall, VJAX, Ocho

Hernandez, Finley(out)

Tynes, Crosby

Steelers
I think Kitna and Hill are best bets and both should be playing deep into the season. Stafford is out for year and Romo could be ruled out soon.

Hey Jeff!

I'm nervous about J.Best going forward and am looking into trading away some WR depth for a decent RB. Considering targeting Wells or B.Jackson from another team. I have never been one to trade in the past. I offered up Garcon for Wells to initiate talks. Good start? Who would be untouchable? I should add that I can potentially keep one player for next year (Wallace or Bryant). Would love to be able to get S.Jackson, but don't think I could get that. Suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask, eh?

MY TEAM

M Vick

A Peterson

J Best

D Jackson

L Fitzgerald

J Witten

N Folk

Giants

M Ryan ®

M Lynch ®

T Gerhart ®

D Bryant ®

M Wallace ®

P Garcon ®

HIS TEAM

J Freeman

P Hillis

S Jackson

R Moss

S Smith

J Tamme

R Bironas

Vikings

D Garrard ®

R Fitzpatrick ®

B Wells ®

B Jackson ®

T Jones ®

J Finley ®

1 pt per 10 yd rush/receiving

10 pts per TD.

Thanks again and God bless.

Ben

Hey Jeff!

I'm nervous about J.Best going forward and am looking into trading away some WR depth for a decent RB. Considering targeting Wells or B.Jackson from another team. I have never been one to trade in the past. I offered up Garcon for Wells to initiate talks. Good start? Who would be untouchable? I should add that I can potentially keep one player for next year (Wallace or Bryant). Would love to be able to get S.Jackson, but don't think I could get that. Suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask, eh?

MY TEAM

M Vick

A Peterson

J Best

D Jackson

L Fitzgerald

J Witten

N Folk

Giants

M Ryan ®

M Lynch ®

T Gerhart ®

D Bryant ®

M Wallace ®

P Garcon ®

HIS TEAM

J Freeman

P Hillis

S Jackson

R Moss

S Smith

J Tamme

R Bironas

Vikings

D Garrard ®

R Fitzpatrick ®

B Wells ®

B Jackson ®

T Jones ®

J Finley ®

1 pt per 10 yd rush/receiving

10 pts per TD.

Thanks again and God bless.

Ben
I would offer Garcon and Lynch for Hillis, Jackson, or Wells. Garcon for BJax is good for you.

Hi Jeff,

Well the commish of my league has transitioned our league again to a contract salary cap league. It seems like an awesome system, but it now leaves me with a ton of questions. My team is in the signature below. This is a big question so there's no rush. It's more of long term strategy of how I go about offering contracts and to which players and what is the max I should sign players for?

I'm looking for a successful strategy going forward and this is pretty complicated to sort out. Thank you for your help!

The bottom line takeaways are:

1. To keep a player beyond one year we must sign a player to a multi year contract. The values will be based on sportsline auction values for next August and there is a one time cut down to $50 this season only to reset the league. Thereafter will not be a cut down and the cap will be $100.

2. Players values over $10 will be paid based on a sliding scale (see below). Players under $10 will be paid by $2 every year. The value does not change from year to year so the total increase is paid in year one. Example, if I want to keep Lesean McCoy at $10 for one year versus $12 for two years and $13 for three years etc. This is paid to McCoy every year.

3. We have a college roster of 3 players max and a college draft. Rookies are going to be either $1 or $2 and will rise by $2 every year up to $10. Then they will increase as other players.

4. There is a buyout option where owners can cut a player but must repay 50% of the entire deal the next season as a one year penalty.

Formal Rules:

SALARIES & CAP MANAGEMENT:

An auction will be held each off-season to fill your rosters with available Free Agents. The rules and execution of the auction will be exactly as they have been in the past year. However, at the conclusion of the auction, owners will have decide how long to sign their auction-acquired players (1-5 years), and that amount will determine how much is added to the salary (wining bid):

For players with salaries over $10

1 Year - No change in salary

2 Years - Add 20% to salary

3 Years - Add 30% to salary

4 Years - Add 40% to salary

5 Years - Add 50% to salary

etc...

Players with salaries under $10 are simply $2 per additional year.

PLAYERS:

Minimum Salary for any player is $1. There is no maximum. Salary Cap for each team will be $100 per season. Teams can have a maximum of 18 players and a minimum of 15 on their roster. At no time may a team be over the cap or over/under the roster limit.

DRAFT:

The draft (for college recruits) will be held annually in May/June. Similar to that of the NFL Draft, the draft order will be decided by teams’ playoff and season records. The defending Super Bowl champion will draft last; the runner-up second to last; and so on. Ties will be decided by total fantasy points.

** NOTE...Existing college keepers and associated rules remain untouched.

Drafted players automatically receive a $2 salary and a 1 YEAR contract. At the end of their Rookie season, they are RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS, in that the drafting team can re-sign them at the SPORTSLINE value, plus any uplift if they opt to sign the player to a multi-year deal.

At the conclusion of the 2010-2011 season, we will have a ONE-TIME salary cut-down to $50, to draw more talent back into the available player pool. Future seasons will have NO mandatory cut-down, but be driven instead by the $100 salary cap. ALL PLAYERS under 1 year contracts will automatically fall back into the Free Agent pool at the end of each season.

CUT-DOWN:

At the conclusion of the 2010-2011 season, we will have a ONE-TIME salary cut-down to $50, to draw more talent back into the available player pool. Future seasons will have NO mandatory cut-down, but be driven instead by the $100 salary cap and contracts. ALL PLAYERS under 1 year contracts will automatically fall back into the Free Agent pool at the end of each season.

FREE AGENTS:

Free agents (during the season) will be allocated by the existing rules and carry a $5 value and 1-year contract. All mid-season picked up Free Agents therefor re-enter the auction pool at the conclusion of the season.

TRADES:

Future draft picks for the league's next rookie draft can be included in trades, as well as players. Trades must be approved by the league commissioner. In a trade, a team cannot go over the salary cap. Traded players take with them BOTH their salary and their contract length, so the new owner is bound to pay that player for the defined term, re-trade him, or buy him out (see below).

BUYING-OUT:

Players can also be cut from a team’s roster for a fine, or “cap hit.” To buy out a player’s contract, the owner must pay 50% of the player’s remaining contract. A cap hits counts against a team’s salary cap for the remainder of the season. Players in the last year (or single year) of contract can be released at any time without penalty. A player will be added to the team roster in the instance of a cap hit, with the salary amount of the penalty, for administrative purposes. For example, if Joey Bagadonuts has 3 (FULL) years remaining at $20 per year ($60 total), it would cost $30 to immediately cut the player from the team’s roster. A player entry of "JB BUYOUT" at $30 is placed on the team's roster for the next full season, thereby limiting that player to only $70 of available cap space. Joey Bagadonuts is then an unrestricted Free Agent and can be bought at auction or picked up in Free Agency by another team. If Joey has 3 years left on contract but I buy him out in the middle of the season, it's only 2 years value (the number of FULL years remaining on his contract)

OFF-SEASON:

Except for the players whose contracts have expired, all teams will keep the same players they have already signed. When their contracts have expired, players enter the auction pool.

Teams can trade and buy out players in the off-season.

HI Jeff,

Just one question?

Which would you start at flex in non-ppr league this week:

Austin vs DET

Best @ DAL

Thanks in advance, and have a great Thanksgiving!!

Hi Jeff,

Well the commish of my league has transitioned our league again to a contract salary cap league. It seems like an awesome system, but it now leaves me with a ton of questions. My team is in the signature below. This is a big question so there's no rush. It's more of long term strategy of how I go about offering contracts and to which players and what is the max I should sign players for?

I'm looking for a successful strategy going forward and this is pretty complicated to sort out. Thank you for your help!

The bottom line takeaways are:

1. To keep a player beyond one year we must sign a player to a multi year contract. The values will be based on sportsline auction values for next August and there is a one time cut down to $50 this season only to reset the league. Thereafter will not be a cut down and the cap will be $100.

2. Players values over $10 will be paid based on a sliding scale (see below). Players under $10 will be paid by $2 every year. The value does not change from year to year so the total increase is paid in year one. Example, if I want to keep Lesean McCoy at $10 for one year versus $12 for two years and $13 for three years etc. This is paid to McCoy every year.

3. We have a college roster of 3 players max and a college draft. Rookies are going to be either $1 or $2 and will rise by $2 every year up to $10. Then they will increase as other players.

4. There is a buyout option where owners can cut a player but must repay 50% of the entire deal the next season as a one year penalty.

Formal Rules:

SALARIES & CAP MANAGEMENT:

An auction will be held each off-season to fill your rosters with available Free Agents. The rules and execution of the auction will be exactly as they have been in the past year. However, at the conclusion of the auction, owners will have decide how long to sign their auction-acquired players (1-5 years), and that amount will determine how much is added to the salary (wining bid):

For players with salaries over $10

1 Year - No change in salary

2 Years - Add 20% to salary

3 Years - Add 30% to salary

4 Years - Add 40% to salary

5 Years - Add 50% to salary

etc...

Players with salaries under $10 are simply $2 per additional year.

PLAYERS:

Minimum Salary for any player is $1. There is no maximum. Salary Cap for each team will be $100 per season. Teams can have a maximum of 18 players and a minimum of 15 on their roster. At no time may a team be over the cap or over/under the roster limit.

DRAFT:

The draft (for college recruits) will be held annually in May/June. Similar to that of the NFL Draft, the draft order will be decided by teams’ playoff and season records. The defending Super Bowl champion will draft last; the runner-up second to last; and so on. Ties will be decided by total fantasy points.

** NOTE...Existing college keepers and associated rules remain untouched.

Drafted players automatically receive a $2 salary and a 1 YEAR contract. At the end of their Rookie season, they are RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS, in that the drafting team can re-sign them at the SPORTSLINE value, plus any uplift if they opt to sign the player to a multi-year deal.

At the conclusion of the 2010-2011 season, we will have a ONE-TIME salary cut-down to $50, to draw more talent back into the available player pool. Future seasons will have NO mandatory cut-down, but be driven instead by the $100 salary cap. ALL PLAYERS under 1 year contracts will automatically fall back into the Free Agent pool at the end of each season.

CUT-DOWN:

At the conclusion of the 2010-2011 season, we will have a ONE-TIME salary cut-down to $50, to draw more talent back into the available player pool. Future seasons will have NO mandatory cut-down, but be driven instead by the $100 salary cap and contracts. ALL PLAYERS under 1 year contracts will automatically fall back into the Free Agent pool at the end of each season.

FREE AGENTS:

Free agents (during the season) will be allocated by the existing rules and carry a $5 value and 1-year contract. All mid-season picked up Free Agents therefor re-enter the auction pool at the conclusion of the season.

TRADES:

Future draft picks for the league's next rookie draft can be included in trades, as well as players. Trades must be approved by the league commissioner. In a trade, a team cannot go over the salary cap. Traded players take with them BOTH their salary and their contract length, so the new owner is bound to pay that player for the defined term, re-trade him, or buy him out (see below).

BUYING-OUT:

Players can also be cut from a team’s roster for a fine, or “cap hit.” To buy out a player’s contract, the owner must pay 50% of the player’s remaining contract. A cap hits counts against a team’s salary cap for the remainder of the season. Players in the last year (or single year) of contract can be released at any time without penalty. A player will be added to the team roster in the instance of a cap hit, with the salary amount of the penalty, for administrative purposes. For example, if Joey Bagadonuts has 3 (FULL) years remaining at $20 per year ($60 total), it would cost $30 to immediately cut the player from the team’s roster. A player entry of "JB BUYOUT" at $30 is placed on the team's roster for the next full season, thereby limiting that player to only $70 of available cap space. Joey Bagadonuts is then an unrestricted Free Agent and can be bought at auction or picked up in Free Agency by another team. If Joey has 3 years left on contract but I buy him out in the middle of the season, it's only 2 years value (the number of FULL years remaining on his contract)

OFF-SEASON:

Except for the players whose contracts have expired, all teams will keep the same players they have already signed. When their contracts have expired, players enter the auction pool.

Teams can trade and buy out players in the off-season.
12 team salary cap league (salary cap; $50 keeper cap; $100 total cap). Values of kept players increase by 20% each year. Rookies are $2 in year one and then rise to Sportsline values in year 2. Thereafter rookies increase by 20% like every other player. Bonus pts awarded for long TDs. It is a 0.5 PPR league. We have a FLEX (RB/WR) position:QB (start 1): Tony Romo $12; Matt Ryan $7

RB (2 or 3): LeSean McCoy $8; Jonathan Stewart $5; Reggie Bush $4; CJ Spiller $2; Marshawn Lynch $1; Tashard Choice $1; James Stark $1;

Bernard Scott $1

WR (3 or 4): Calvin Johnson $18; Michael Crabtree $4; Arrelious Benn $1; Louis Murphy $10

TE (1): Tony Moeaki $1; Rob Gronkowski $1

K: Steven Graham $1

DST: Patriots $1

College Roster (keep 3 max): Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Bryce Brown

I would invest in studs, and play the cheap route on depth. The studs will be cheap in comparison in the early years, as the $s start to rise. Also, the Qbs will good value, I would trade away players like Calvin Johnson for equal performing lesser names. Calvin & Murphy are the two names I would look at moving.

Ok Jeff PPR LEAGUE

QB (1)

Vick v GIANTS (Can he do it against this Defense?)

Kitna v DET (Trap game?)

RB (2)

Reggie Bush v SEA (He's Back & I am itchin' to start him)

L McCoy V Giants

K Williams @ TEN

Fred Jackson @ CIN

J Best @ DAL

WR (3)

H Nicks @ PHI

R Moss v WAS (Is this the week he & VY get going? )

P Garcon @ NE

M Williams @ SF ( What's the DUI stuff? )

THANKS & GOOD LUCK to you Jeff!

Ok Jeff PPR LEAGUE

QB (1)

Vick v GIANTS (Can he do it against this Defense?) no need taking the risk on Kitna

Kitna v DET (Trap game?)

RB (2)

Reggie Bush v SEA (He's Back & I am itchin' to start him)

L McCoy V Giants

K Williams @ TEN

Fred Jackson @ CIN

J Best @ DAL

Would consider KWilliams over McCoy if Portis does not play

WR (3)

H Nicks @ PHI

R Moss v WAS (Is this the week he & VY get going? )

P Garcon @ NE

M Williams @ SF ( What's the DUI stuff? )

Moss too risky for my taste. Let's see him do something first

THANKS & GOOD LUCK to you Jeff!

Thank you! Who in your mind, are the studs in a 0.5 PPR league? I was thinking that Calvin would qualify and that I should lock him into a 3-5 year deal. Also I'm going to lock up one of my young QBs (or both and trade one) to 3-5 year deals. RBs I'm more hesitant to lock into long term contracts because of the injury risk. It's going to be hard to pry away Adrian Peterson or a top 5 RB from someone, although with a $50 keeper cap next year, there should be 1-2 of these backs available. I might be able to get Frank Gore.Or I should I try to get Dez Bryant and something for Calvin Johnson? I could then lock Bryant and Crabtree up to long term deals and be set at WR. Plus Bryant should be cheaper than Calvin. Then I could lock up Ryan or Romo at QB and be set there. This could then free me up to spend big money to acquire a stud RB or 2. Lastly, what do you think of Lesean McCoy and should I sign him to a long term deal?

I would invest in studs, and play the cheap route on depth. The studs will be cheap in comparison in the early years, as the $s start to rise. Also, the Qbs will good value, I would trade away players like Calvin Johnson for equal performing lesser names. Calvin & Murphy are the two names I would look at moving.

Thank you! Who in your mind, are the studs in a 0.5 PPR league? I was thinking that Calvin would qualify and that I should lock him into a 3-5 year deal. Also I'm going to lock up one of my young QBs (or both and trade one) to 3-5 year deals. RBs I'm more hesitant to lock into long term contracts because of the injury risk. It's going to be hard to pry away Adrian Peterson or a top 5 RB from someone, although with a $50 keeper cap next year, there should be 1-2 of these backs available. I might be able to get Frank Gore. I would stay away from the top 4-6 RBs this yr, just due to price

Or I should I try to get Dez Bryant and something for Calvin Johnson? I could then lock Bryant and Crabtree up to long term deals and be set at WR. Plus Bryant should be cheaper than Calvin. Then I could lock up Ryan or Romo at QB and be set there. This could then free me up to spend big money to acquire a stud RB or 2. this was more of what I was thinking. Once you get a young guy starting cheap, he will be cheap for a while.

Lastly, what do you think of Lesean McCoy and should I sign him to a long term deal? Others I like better as a RB1 ... ok for a cheaper RB2

Ok Jeff---

I am in a tight race, currently in 4th place.

My Team

QB's = Vick & Kitna (Do you see Romo coming back? )

RB's = L McCoy - Reggie Bush - Fred Jackson - Keiland Willaims - J Best

** I think Best hasn't been worth much since his first 2 weeks so I am ready to say Bye Bye!

OMG!! Now I just read that my best WR H Nicks is out for 3 weeks so I guess I am going to drop BEST because I need to grab DEREK HAGAN he was targeted a lot last night and with Nicks and Smith out I like to have one of Eli's WR's.

WR's = H Nicks - M Williams (TB) - P Garcon - Randy Moss - NOW D Hagan

** I need to upgrade here anywhere I can -- 2 weeks time to end the Randy Moss Project!

Here are the guys who have my attention on the WW:

--James Jones - Jacoby Jones ?

Or drop MOSS to pick up & keep ROMO in case he is back for my Playoff run week 15 & 16?

**Or am I safe with VICK?

Or drop MOSS to pick up an extra TE, I have A Hernandez....I like Dreesen and Jimmy Graham with the Saints (Shockey still may not go Thurs)

Dreesen was 4-106-1 v TEN Wk 12

Graham was 5-72-0 Face Dallas Thursday

So, what's my best pick up/play for Randy Moss????

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!

Hi Jeff,A second opinion on players this weekend?Ben vs. Oakland or Eli at Philly? And do I stick with my big three of Gore, Bradshaw, and Rice, or do Blount and Reggie Bush get any consideration yet? Thanks again Jeff!12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.
I think Ben at QB just because the Philly/NYG game could be low scoring. For your RBs, stick with your studs unless you want Blount over Bradshaw
Wow! Jeff, you really are that good! Both were nice calls! :lmao:

Wow! Jeff, you really are that good! Both were nice calls! :)
I hope it turned out well for you ...

Ok Jeff---

I am in a tight race, currently in 4th place.

My Team

QB's = Vick & Kitna (Do you see Romo coming back? ) If Romo comes back it will be week 16 so do not worry about it now

RB's = L McCoy - Reggie Bush - Fred Jackson - Keiland Willaims - J Best

** I think Best hasn't been worth much since his first 2 weeks so I am ready to say Bye Bye! McCoy and Fred Jackson (until Spiller gets back), then Bush. Play Keiland if a good matchup AND Torain still out (Portis out for year)

OMG!! Now I just read that my best WR H Nicks is out for 3 weeks so I guess I am going to drop BEST because I need to grab DEREK HAGAN he was targeted a lot last night and with Nicks and Smith out I like to have one of Eli's WR's.

WR's = H Nicks - M Williams (TB) - P Garcon - Randy Moss - NOW D Hagan

** I need to upgrade here anywhere I can -- 2 weeks time to end the Randy Moss Project!

Here are the guys who have my attention on the WW:

--James Jones - Jacoby Jones ?

Or drop MOSS to pick up & keep ROMO in case he is back for my Playoff run week 15 & 16?

**Or am I safe with VICK? - Stay with Vick

Or drop MOSS to pick up an extra TE, I have A Hernandez....I like Dreesen and Jimmy Graham with the Saints (Shockey still may not go Thurs)

Dreesen was 4-106-1 v TEN Wk 12

Graham was 5-72-0 Face Dallas Thursday

So, what's my best pick up/play for Randy Moss???? drop Moss for Blair White, WR, INDY

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!

Hey Jeff,

Rate these for going down stretch:

McCoy

Bradshaw

Blount

Can play three per week with flex position.

Harrison

Hart

Goodson.....looked ok last few weeks.

Ivory

Choice

k. williams

Thanks.... getting down to gut check next few weeks.

Heya Jeff~

I'm 5-5 and I need some good things to happen from here on out. I'm tired of Best's non-performance, so I'm going to upgrade. Who do you like out of Brown, Nance, Ivory, McCluster, Greene. My team is in my sig, do you see any other position I should upgrade for the playoffs?? /crosses fingers

Thanks man!

Hey Jeff,Rate these for going down stretch:McCoyBradshawBlountCan play three per week with flex position.HarrisonHartGoodson.....looked ok last few weeks.IvoryChoicek. williamsThanks.... getting down to gut check next few weeks.
McCoyBlountBradshawK Williams (With Portis out for year)IvoryThen would stash for pure upside:HarrisonHartChoiceGoodson does ok, but cannot find the endzone and Stewart will be back soon

Heya Jeff~ I'm tired of Best's non-performance, so I'm going to upgrade. Who do you like out of Brown, Nance, McCluster, Greene. My team is in my sig, do you see any other position I should upgrade for the playoffs?? /crosses fingersThanks man!
Greene and hope he can stop fumbling. I think he gets hot again.I would look at TE options available just for optimal points/week

Hello everyone, I will be around tomorrow night, but not back again until Friday night or Saturday. We are busy with Thanksgiving activities and I cannot know if I will be around.

Good luck this week.

So, what's my best pick up/play for Randy Moss???? drop Moss for Blair White, WR, INDY

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!

Hi again Jeff - saw this comment about White for Moss and wondered if I ought to do the same with Britt...I have Fitzgerald, Calvin, Brandon, and Britt. With Gore, Rice, Bradshaw, and Blount I'll probably start 3 RBs and only 2 WRs, but White would be a nice option to have. Seems like White will be at least as valuable as Britt would be from now thru week 16, don't you think?

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for all you offer us out here in fantasy land! :popcorn:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING JEFF!!!

You told me to drop Randy Moss for Blair White BUT my problem is I have Pierre Garcon

Do you like Garcon better than White or vice-versa?

I can drop Garcon for White?

Then who would I drop Randy Moss for:

--James Jones (GB)

--Robert Meachem

Or stand pat again for now and just don't play him?

Ok WDIS?

PPR LEAGUE

QB-1

Kitna v Saints

Vick @ Bears ( Scares me )

RB-2

McCoy @ Bears

Fred Jackson v PIT

Keiland Williams v MIN

Reggie Bush @ Cowboys

WR-3

M Williams (TB) @ BAL

P Garcon or Blair White v SD ( YOU tell me which Indy WR )

No Nicks so Derek Hagan v JAC

VJAX @ INDY ( He's BACK! )

Randy Moss @ HOU

TE-1

A Hernandez @ DET

Dreeson v TEN

THANKS!!!!

I have a trade offer on the table from an owner that is probably not going to make the playoffs, although he could knock me out if he wins 2 and I lose 2. I am currently on the fringe of the playoffs (though I am 2nd in points).

This is an 10 team NON-PPR IDP Dynasty League with standard scoring. Here is my roster (minus IDPers) below:

QB- Peyton, Ryan

RB- ADP, Turner, Charles, Torain, Greene, Lynch, Gerhart, Choice

WR- CJ, Smith South, Smith North, Malcom Floyd, Ochocinco, Britt, Branch, Collie, MSW

The offer on the table is the following:

I give up Turner and 2 of the WR (my choice- probably Branch and MSW)

I receive: Terrell Owens and his first round pick in 2011 (should be #4) and his first round pick in 2012 (Should be Top 5)

I'm nervous about giving up Turner and relying on Haley to let Charles to be my RB2 during a playoff run, but this is the last time I will ever get anything for Turner. I would hope the upgrade to TO as my WR2 (this year) would negate what I would lose by giving up Turner.

What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread