What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (3 Viewers)

.5ppr we start 1 each qb, rb, wr, te w/ 2 flex, 1 each lb, dl, db and k. qb's do get 5 pts for td's but other than that pretty standard scoring. Just looking to see if you would make any changes to my team this year preseason. Obvious my weakness is QB and RB. The two moves I could possibly see are to drop Powell for either Tanner or Jacobs-that way I have a starter for sure in Dallas or if Gore goes down. Or maybe adding Tebow as a lottery pick and dropping DJ Smith.qbRivers, Palmer(available are Sanchez, Tebow, Skelton, Kolb, Bradford, Weedon, Tannehill)RB's Murray, Richardson, Ingram, Felix Jones, Kendall Hunter, Bilal Powell.(available are Phillip Tanner, Brandon Jacobs, Dryer, Kieland Williams)WR Calvin Johnson, Steve Johnson, Roddy White, Heyward-Bey, Alshon Jeffery(no need to go for anyone here)TE Gronkowski, Fleener (no need to go for anyone here)I have JPP for DL, Kam Chancellor for DB, Prater Kicker and 2 LB's D'qwell Jackson and D.J. Smith
I think your team is in good shape. The players I would watch in week one are Palmer (if he flops, pick up Russell Wilson), and may look to pick up J Dwyer and drop Fleener as long as you can pick up a a TE2 midseason. Get the upside at RB
Wilson was drafted. The QB's available are Sanchez, Tebow, Skelton, Kolb, Bradford, Weedon, Tannehill. Thanks

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
Hi Jeff, 1QB, 2WR, 2RB,1FLEX, 1TEREDRAFT....FROM 10 HOLE 1. MURRAY2. CHARLES3. NELSON4. BRYANT5. VICK6. D. BROWN7. F. DAVIS8. D. MOORE9. REDMAN10.BOLDIN11.SCHAUB12. LAfELL13. BALDWIN14. HUNTER OR CAN GET POWELL15. JETS16. HARTLEYWHAT DO I NEED FOR THIS TEAM...NOTE WE ONLY START 2WROne other question is who are some rb/wr's your avoiding like Matthews/McFadden for instance?THANKS
Since you only start two WRs, I would look for upside bench players at rb/wr (Vincent Brown, Hunter, J Rodgers, K Wright, etc)Also, I am avoiding McFadden and Mathews like the plague. Too much risk unless in the mid 2nd or later .... rather have Peterson
How do you like Davis compared to Gresham? And Wright vs Baldwin? and would you drop baldwin or lafell for Cobb?Still like to see your rankings.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Team Auction Draft

PPR, Return yardage points, standard otherwise

Start 1 QB 2 RB 1 WR 1 FLX 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF

$125 budget - after everyone is out of money, snake draft to fill out rosters (can spend as much or as little as you want in auction on any given player)

Keeping

Stafford $13

Foster - $17

Graham - $7

REMAINING - $88

***Do I keep Wallace for $12 or let him go? Not sure he'll be up to speed for a few weeks.

***Thoughts on the strategy to go for broke on Ray Rice (McCoy kept) and have Foster/Rice starting RB combo and waiting to scoop up cheap WRs and RBs? (Thinking he'll go for around $40-$50 in this league)

Look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks!

Kevin

Picking 5th overall in 12 team, standard scoring with 6 pts all TDs, no PPR, starting lineup QB/RB/WR/flex/flex/PK/TD. Quarterbacks are very highly valued in this league (and RBs less valued) because...

Passing TDs 6 pts;

Only need to start one RB (although there is some advantage to having RBs as flex, there is much greater depth at WR/TE and teams can be very strong with only one starting caliber RB);with VBD, the baseline therefore is RB12, not RB 24 so the value selecting a RB early is much less;

No PPR.

I'm confident Rodgers/Brady/Brees go 123 in this league. With my pick at 1.05, do I grab AFoster or RRice and get an edge at the RB spot, or do I reach for Stafford or Newton, knowing I may be chasing the top 3 teams a bit? If I take a stud RB first, do I aim for a 3rd tier QB at 2.08 (Romo, Eli or MRyan, or load up on RB/WR/flex depth that I may not need, taking the 10th-12th QB off the board in the 5th or 6th round? Is there a big drop off from QB7 (somebody like Eli, who I might have to take in 2nd or 3rd) to QB 11 (Griffin or Rivers, who I could probably get in 5th or 6th)?

The big question...can I win this QB-heavy league without the best possible QB I can draft?

Appreciate your input Jeff...thanks for help!

I'm in a small, 8 team league. The scoring is no PPR,4 pts QB TDs, 6 pts rest. QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/flex/PK/TD. So...I picked the following team that I like at QB, love at RB (these RBs just kept falling to me) and hate at WR. This is a brand new league, only its second year, and there were zero trades last year. So, I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck with a bunch of RBs on my bench. First, do you think I'm fine at WR and need to calm down. Second, how do you deal with a low-trading league? I figure now that's it's the second year, things will loosen up but...perhaps you've been in this kind of league before.

Thank you.

QB-Ryan, Vick

RB-Charles, F.Jackson, D.Martin, McCoy, Ridley

WR-Bowe, Floyd, Heyward-Bey, DeSean Jackson, Torrey Smith, Wayne

TE-Graham

D-Patriots

12 team standard espn scoring

ryan, fitzpatrick

mcfadden, lynch,doug martin, ryan matthews, rashad jennings, ryan williams, leshoure

maclin, garcon, crabtree, cobb

antonio gates

hanson

patriots

i just traded lynch for jimmy graham to start in the flex spot and be my defacto wr1. the more i think about it though the more i think i may have actually lost value by giving up my ability to field 3 rbs each and every week. now i'm considering trying to trade graham or gates away for an 'actual' wr.

i'd love some fresh eyes, tia

Jeff:

I traded away one of my draft picks last year (2nd rounder). I'm in a keeper league and have been offered a draft pick (4th round) in exchange for one of my players that I don't keep. The draft pick is below value, which typically happens prior to the draft. Player in question is Stafford.

Is it worth picking up the draft pick for a guy I plan to drop, or should enchance the player pool by simply releasing him.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

.5ppr we start 1 each qb, rb, wr, te w/ 2 flex, 1 each lb, dl, db and k. qb's do get 5 pts for td's but other than that pretty standard scoring. Just looking to see if you would make any changes to my team this year preseason. Obvious my weakness is QB and RB. The two moves I could possibly see are to drop Powell for either Tanner or Jacobs-that way I have a starter for sure in Dallas or if Gore goes down. Or maybe adding Tebow as a lottery pick and dropping DJ Smith.qbRivers, Palmer(available are Sanchez, Tebow, Skelton, Kolb, Bradford, Weedon, Tannehill)RB's Murray, Richardson, Ingram, Felix Jones, Kendall Hunter, Bilal Powell.(available are Phillip Tanner, Brandon Jacobs, Dryer, Kieland Williams)WR Calvin Johnson, Steve Johnson, Roddy White, Heyward-Bey, Alshon Jeffery(no need to go for anyone here)TE Gronkowski, Fleener (no need to go for anyone here)I have JPP for DL, Kam Chancellor for DB, Prater Kicker and 2 LB's D'qwell Jackson and D.J. Smith
I think your team is in good shape. The players I would watch in week one are Palmer (if he flops, pick up Russell Wilson), and may look to pick up J Dwyer and drop Fleener as long as you can pick up a a TE2 midseason. Get the upside at RB
Wilson was drafted. The QB's available are Sanchez, Tebow, Skelton, Kolb, Bradford, Weedon, Tannehill. Thanks
Keep Palmer for now and see how the NYJ & AZ situations develop

Hi Jeff, 1QB, 2WR, 2RB,1FLEX, 1TEREDRAFT....FROM 10 HOLE 1. MURRAY2. CHARLES3. NELSON4. BRYANT5. VICK6. D. BROWN7. F. DAVIS8. D. MOORE9. REDMAN10.BOLDIN11.SCHAUB12. LAfELL13. BALDWIN14. HUNTER OR CAN GET POWELL15. JETS16. HARTLEYWHAT DO I NEED FOR THIS TEAM...NOTE WE ONLY START 2WROne other question is who are some rb/wr's your avoiding like Matthews/McFadden for instance?THANKS
Since you only start two WRs, I would look for upside bench players at rb/wr (Vincent Brown, Hunter, J Rodgers, K Wright, etc)Also, I am avoiding McFadden and Mathews like the plague. Too much risk unless in the mid 2nd or later .... rather have Peterson
How do you like Davis compared to Gresham? And Wright vs Baldwin? and would you drop baldwin or lafell for Cobb?Still like to see your rankings.
rankings went up earlier in week. I like Davis over Gresham esp with QB upgrade. Love Wright longterm, but he and Baldwin need injuries to be fantasy viable. So, I would go with LaFell

12 Team Auction Draft

PPR, Return yardage points, standard otherwise

Start 1 QB 2 RB 1 WR 1 FLX 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF

$125 budget - after everyone is out of money, snake draft to fill out rosters (can spend as much or as little as you want in auction on any given player)

Keeping

Stafford $13

Foster - $17

Graham - $7

REMAINING - $88

***Do I keep Wallace for $12 or let him go? Not sure he'll be up to speed for a few weeks.

***Thoughts on the strategy to go for broke on Ray Rice (McCoy kept) and have Foster/Rice starting RB combo and waiting to scoop up cheap WRs and RBs? (Thinking he'll go for around $40-$50 in this league)

Look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks!

Kevin
Definitely go for the RB/RB combo but try to leave enoug $$ for Ben Tate since RB depth will be tough without $$. Prefer this over keeping Wallace

Picking 5th overall in 12 team, standard scoring with 6 pts all TDs, no PPR, starting lineup QB/RB/WR/flex/flex/PK/TD. Quarterbacks are very highly valued in this league (and RBs less valued) because...Passing TDs 6 pts;Only need to start one RB (although there is some advantage to having RBs as flex, there is much greater depth at WR/TE and teams can be very strong with only one starting caliber RB);with VBD, the baseline therefore is RB12, not RB 24 so the value selecting a RB early is much less;No PPR.I'm confident Rodgers/Brady/Brees go 123 in this league. With my pick at 1.05, do I grab AFoster or RRice and get an edge at the RB spot, or do I reach for Stafford or Newton, knowing I may be chasing the top 3 teams a bit? If I take a stud RB first, do I aim for a 3rd tier QB at 2.08 (Romo, Eli or MRyan, or load up on RB/WR/flex depth that I may not need, taking the 10th-12th QB off the board in the 5th or 6th round? Is there a big drop off from QB7 (somebody like Eli, who I might have to take in 2nd or 3rd) to QB 11 (Griffin or Rivers, who I could probably get in 5th or 6th)?The big question...can I win this QB-heavy league without the best possible QB I can draft?Appreciate your input Jeff...thanks for help!
I would take the RB in the first and try to come out of the first three rounds with one qb and two RBs

I'm in a small, 8 team league. The scoring is no PPR,4 pts QB TDs, 6 pts rest. QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/flex/PK/TD. So...I picked the following team that I like at QB, love at RB (these RBs just kept falling to me) and hate at WR. This is a brand new league, only its second year, and there were zero trades last year. So, I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck with a bunch of RBs on my bench. First, do you think I'm fine at WR and need to calm down. Second, how do you deal with a low-trading league? I figure now that's it's the second year, things will loosen up but...perhaps you've been in this kind of league before.Thank you.QB-Ryan, VickRB-Charles, F.Jackson, D.Martin, McCoy, RidleyWR-Bowe, Floyd, Heyward-Bey, DeSean Jackson, Torrey Smith, WayneTE-GrahamD-Patriots
In a no PPR league, you will be fine at WR. I would start Bowe, Smith, and Wayne .... I think all you can do is make it known a RB (like Ridley is available to pair with a WR like Jackson for a small WR upgrade and try to make one small trade to start)

12 team standard espn scoringryan, fitzpatrickmcfadden, lynch,doug martin, ryan matthews, rashad jennings, ryan williams, leshouremaclin, garcon, crabtree, cobbantonio gateshansonpatriotsi just traded lynch for jimmy graham to start in the flex spot and be my defacto wr1. the more i think about it though the more i think i may have actually lost value by giving up my ability to field 3 rbs each and every week. now i'm considering trying to trade graham or gates away for an 'actual' wr. i'd love some fresh eyes, tia
I would look to trade a RB and TE for MJD since you have Jennings ... either that or trade him Jennings and Gates for stud RB/WR

Jeff:I traded away one of my draft picks last year (2nd rounder). I'm in a keeper league and have been offered a draft pick (4th round) in exchange for one of my players that I don't keep. The draft pick is below value, which typically happens prior to the draft. Player in question is Stafford.Is it worth picking up the draft pick for a guy I plan to drop, or should enchance the player pool by simply releasing him.Any thoughts are appreciated.
I would do that deal since it helps you ... dont sweat if it helps the other owner more

rankings went up earlier in week. I like Davis over Gresham esp with QB upgrade. Love Wright longterm, but he and Baldwin need injuries to be fantasy viable. So, I would go with LaFell
Where are the rankings located? FBG Or ?

here at fbg, under the forecase button on home page

Thanks!! Also notice you have Floyd and Boldin very close....would you drop Boldin for Floyd?

Hello Jeff, THIS IS PPR 1QB,2RB,3WR,FLEX,1TE,K,D MOCK DRAFT

This will probably be one of the last times I ask for your drafting opinion. My last big draft is this weekend. I used your rankings on this one(rate MY team didn't like it to much) I landed about 10 of your top 60. Always appreciate your feedback.

Rivers

Dalton

MJD

CHARLES

SPROLES.....THESE THREE IN YOUR TOP 10 FOR PPR

SPILLER

REDMAN

THOMAS

AUSTIN

BLACKMAN

FLOYD SD

GONZALEZ

RUDOLPH

JETS

THANKS BROTHER!

Thanks!! Also notice you have Floyd and Boldin very close....would you drop Boldin for Floyd?
yes, because you have to hope you never start Boldin ... no upside

Hello Jeff, THIS IS PPR 1QB,2RB,3WR,FLEX,1TE,K,D MOCK DRAFTThis will probably be one of the last times I ask for your drafting opinion. My last big draft is this weekend. I used your rankings on this one(rate MY team didn't like it to much) I landed about 10 of your top 60. Always appreciate your feedback.RiversDaltonMJDCHARLESSPROLES.....THESE THREE IN YOUR TOP 10 FOR PPRSPILLER REDMANTHOMASAUSTINBLACKMANFLOYD SDGONZALEZRUDOLPHJETSTHANKS BROTHER!
Wpould love that start at RB and there are enough WRs. I think that team is a winner. Given your QB/TE combo, I might take a QB2 like Locker a round before TE in Rudolph - even though I like both. The one thing about MJD is the holdout. I have him high just because I do not expect it to drag too far into the season. In fact, if he misses week one, I will likely start moving him down. The good news is that MJD usually goes at the 1/2 turn -- if not later -- and you can get Jennings for insurance around the 7th or 8th. Just think that is a strong combo and Charles/Sproles will catch a lot of passes as long as they can stay healthy.

Hi Jeff,

I'm in a 12 team .5 PPR league with all TD's= 6pts. We also use the 3rd round reversal which sort of balances out the teams not getting the high draft slots. We start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (wr/rb/te), K, D.

I have the 5th pick and I figure Rodgers, Foster, Rice, McCoy will be off the board. Last season 2 QB's taken in 1st and 4 in the 2nd. I'm leaning towards Brady/Brees if they are there, but should I be thinking RB ( especially if one of the big 3 falls) or Megatron? My thinking is Elite QB since I pick towards the bottom of the round 2 and 3 due to the 3rd round reversal, all TD's worth 6pts, and only .5PPR?

What would be your approach to this? Thanks for your help!!

Hey Jeff,

Hope you had a good off-season with the family.

I have a keeper question for you.

I will be drafting from the 10 slot out of 12 teams.

Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, DEF/ST

10pt per TD run/catch and 1 pt per 10 yards offense.

At the end of last year I was set on my keeper, AJ Green, but we don't have to declare until tomorrow. And since that time and prior to the preseason games starting, I got caught up in the Ryan Mathews hype as he is my other choice. But then Mathews got hurt and here I am going back and forth.

I ran some Mock Drafts with DD, and using the adp_user tells me that the ten slot is good for drafting RB,RB or perhaps RB,WR. Am I over thinking this? According to the draftboards, Mathews is higher on the list. What is the smart way to think about it?

Thank you.

Hello Jeff, THIS IS PPR 1QB,2RB,3WR,FLEX,1TE,K,D MOCK DRAFTThis will probably be one of the last times I ask for your drafting opinion. My last big draft is this weekend. I used your rankings on this one(rate MY team didn't like it to much) I landed about 10 of your top 60. Always appreciate your feedback.RiversDaltonMJDCHARLESSPROLES.....THESE THREE IN YOUR TOP 10 FOR PPRSPILLER REDMANTHOMASAUSTINBLACKMANFLOYD SDGONZALEZRUDOLPHJETSTHANKS BROTHER!
Wpould love that start at RB and there are enough WRs. I think that team is a winner. Given your QB/TE combo, I might take a QB2 like Locker a round before TE in Rudolph - even though I like both. The one thing about MJD is the holdout. I have him high just because I do not expect it to drag too far into the season. In fact, if he misses week one, I will likely start moving him down. The good news is that MJD usually goes at the 1/2 turn -- if not later -- and you can get Jennings for insurance around the 7th or 8th. Just think that is a strong combo and Charles/Sproles will catch a lot of passes as long as they can stay healthy.
Yea...so your saying MJD's falling right now, and that's one of the biggest things figuring when to take them picking 8th. I also took Calvin the other day and got two of those guys in the second and third. (Sproles probably goes in 2nd or third as well since it's ppr)Charles is there at 1.8 and Sproles or MJD in the second with Richardson falling around the 2nd as well. (Hard not to take three with the Wr's being deeper and our Flex. ??

Hi Jeff,I'm in a 12 team .5 PPR league with all TD's= 6pts. We also use the 3rd round reversal which sort of balances out the teams not getting the high draft slots. We start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (wr/rb/te), K, D. I have the 5th pick and I figure Rodgers, Foster, Rice, McCoy will be off the board. Last season 2 QB's taken in 1st and 4 in the 2nd. I'm leaning towards Brady/Brees if they are there, but should I be thinking RB ( especially if one of the big 3 falls) or Megatron? My thinking is Elite QB since I pick towards the bottom of the round 2 and 3 due to the 3rd round reversal, all TD's worth 6pts, and only .5PPR? What would be your approach to this? Thanks for your help!!
All comes down to your comfort level of CHrist Johnson vs the QB. I definitely would take at least one RB - and no WRs - in first two rounds. There are plenty of very good wrs for rounds 3+

Hey Jeff, Hope you had a good off-season with the family.I have a keeper question for you. I will be drafting from the 10 slot out of 12 teams.Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, DEF/ST10pt per TD run/catch and 1 pt per 10 yards offense.At the end of last year I was set on my keeper, AJ Green, but we don't have to declare until tomorrow. And since that time and prior to the preseason games starting, I got caught up in the Ryan Mathews hype as he is my other choice. But then Mathews got hurt and here I am going back and forth.I ran some Mock Drafts with DD, and using the adp_user tells me that the ten slot is good for drafting RB,RB or perhaps RB,WR. Am I over thinking this? According to the draftboards, Mathews is higher on the list. What is the smart way to think about it?Thank you.
I usually like to keep rbs over wrs, but keep green and go rb/rb in first two rounds .... I guess I just do not trust Mathews

Yea...so your saying MJD's falling right now, and that's one of the biggest things figuring when to take them picking 8th. I also took Calvin the other day and got two of those guys in the second and third. (Sproles probably goes in 2nd or third as well since it's ppr)Charles is there at 1.8 and Sproles or MJD in the second with Richardson falling around the 2nd as well. (Hard not to take three with the Wr's being deeper and our Flex. ??
You can get great WRs in the 4th ... like Marshall or Steve Smith ... but the RB depth is lacking

Thanks, Jeff.I was leaning the AJ way also and was hoping for some independent support.I got burned by Mathews a few times last year and AJ feels better. I can live with Mathews having a breakout year and passing on him vs AJ having a super year and passing on HIM.Thanks again!

Hey Jeff, Hope you had a good off-season with the family.I have a keeper question for you. I will be drafting from the 10 slot out of 12 teams.Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, DEF/ST10pt per TD run/catch and 1 pt per 10 yards offense.At the end of last year I was set on my keeper, AJ Green, but we don't have to declare until tomorrow. And since that time and prior to the preseason games starting, I got caught up in the Ryan Mathews hype as he is my other choice. But then Mathews got hurt and here I am going back and forth.I ran some Mock Drafts with DD, and using the adp_user tells me that the ten slot is good for drafting RB,RB or perhaps RB,WR. Am I over thinking this? According to the draftboards, Mathews is higher on the list. What is the smart way to think about it?Thank you.
I usually like to keep rbs over wrs, but keep green and go rb/rb in first two rounds .... I guess I just do not trust Mathews

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'bighead2000 said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
You can get great WRs in the 4th ... like Marshall or Steve Smith ... but the RB depth is lacking
OK...one last time...sorry..trying to use your suggestions...I think I like this one:Real one coming up....pprPicking 8th 12 teams:CharlesSprolesWelker.....Mjd,"Richardson,Murray gone at this pointAustinRyan...in the 5thD. ThomasSpillerGonzalezL. MooreSchaubLittleStarksRudolphGrostkowskiBuffaloMaybe should of gotten one more Rb...but i liked this one. Hopefully I have a good idea what i need to do now.

Jeff, PPR 1qb,2rb,3wr,1flex,1te,1k,1d

Thanks for all the help this preseason. Here is what I got in my real draft, and If I counted right I ended up with 10 out of your top 60 list.

Rivers

Schaub

Charles

Sproles

Spiller

Hunter

Starks

Harvin

Colston

D. Thomas

Austin

L. Moore

Hill

Brown

Gonzalez

Keller

Buffalo

Hanson

Anyhow thanks again....I tried to hammer your list, and I think this league should be really fun this year.

Take care,

Rob

'bighead2000 said:
Another league...no pprDaniels or Pead for depth?Nelson or Sanders?Thanks
For this year, I think Thomas since Bush has a lengthy injury history and I would go with Nelson even though I do not love either

I will be writing a Fantasy mailbag column during the season. I pull some of the questions from here (along with Twitter and email) for the column.

Hey Jeff-

Didn't work out grabbing Ray Ray in my auction draft (to go with Foster) as he went for $62. In hindsight, I could have landed him for a few bucks more and still ended up with two of Stevie Johnson, Miles Austin or DeSean Jackson as my WR corp. That being said, my whole strategy fell apart and I'm not sold on how it ended up.

To reiterate, we're a PPR, PPC, return yardage league. QBs get 4pt for passing TDs, 6 for all others. Standard otherwise.

1. Thoughts on the lineup in general (12 team, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF)

QB - Stafford, Dalton

RB - Foster, Peterson, Hillis, Gerhart, RWilliams

WR - Marshall, L Moore, D Moore, R Cobb

TE - Graham, Rudolph

K - Janikowski, Henery

DEF - Philly, Detroit

Bolded are the penciled in starters, barring health. WRs are very weak but hoping Cobb is solid in the return category and breaks out as a recieve with ARod. I think it's too early to start looking at waivers so I'll ride this out a week or so unless you think otherwise.

2. Staffords bye week is 5. Dalton has Miami. Would you stick with that for now or look at Locker/Ponder who play each other? Who has best upside, let alone best week 5 matchup?

THANKS!

Kevin

What do you think about these start sits?

1) RB2 - DeAngelo Williams @ ARI, Spiller @ KC or Redman @ BAL in PPR

2) Flex - Any of the rbs not taken in 1 or Nate Washington @ JAC, Nate Burleson @ TB, or Titus Young @ TB - Also PPR

3) Flex - NON PPR - Jon Baldwin vs ATL, Mario Manningham @ GB, or Evan Royster @ NO

4) QB- Cutler vs IND or Locker vs NE

5) WR2 - Stevie Johnson @ NYJ, TItus Young @ TB, OR Kendall Wright vs NE (NON PPR)

6) Bills defense at NYJ or Patriots defense @ Tennessee

Hey Jeff-

Didn't work out grabbing Ray Ray in my auction draft (to go with Foster) as he went for $62. In hindsight, I could have landed him for a few bucks more and still ended up with two of Stevie Johnson, Miles Austin or DeSean Jackson as my WR corp. That being said, my whole strategy fell apart and I'm not sold on how it ended up.

To reiterate, we're a PPR, PPC, return yardage league. QBs get 4pt for passing TDs, 6 for all others. Standard otherwise.

1. Thoughts on the lineup in general (12 team, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF)

QB - Stafford, Dalton

RB - Foster, Peterson, Hillis, Gerhart, RWilliams

WR - Marshall, L Moore, D Moore, R Cobb

TE - Graham, Rudolph

K - Janikowski, Henery

DEF - Philly, Detroit

Bolded are the penciled in starters, barring health. WRs are very weak but hoping Cobb is solid in the return category and breaks out as a recieve with ARod. I think it's too early to start looking at waivers so I'll ride this out a week or so unless you think otherwise.

2. Staffords bye week is 5. Dalton has Miami. Would you stick with that for now or look at Locker/Ponder who play each other? Who has best upside, let alone best week 5 matchup?

THANKS!

Kevin
you did well and will be in great shape in a couple of weeks when DMoore gets 100%. I would keep Dalton at Miami ... that team is a wreck

What do you think about these start sits?1) RB2 - DeAngelo Williams @ ARI, Spiller @ KC or Redman @ BAL in PPR - Lean toward DWill just due to tight Pitt/Bal matchup2) Flex - Any of the rbs not taken in 1 or Nate Washington @ JAC, Nate Burleson @ TB, or Titus Young @ TB - Also PPR - Nate Washington3) Flex - NON PPR - Jon Baldwin vs ATL, Mario Manningham @ GB, or Evan Royster @ NO - Royster and hope for best4) QB- Cutler vs IND or Locker vs NE - Cutler5) WR2 - Stevie Johnson @ NYJ, TItus Young @ TB, OR Kendall Wright vs NE (NON PPR) - Stevie lit up NYJ last year, Wright second choice6) Bills defense at NYJ or Patriots defense @ Tennessee - Bills defense with way NYJ has played
Good luck

Hey guys, first post :) ....

Wanted to get some input on my team 12 team H2h regular yahoo scoring 3 keepers (mine were gronk rodgers and peterson) ... This is a yahoo auction keeper league....

I feel my WR are weak and I should set out to get a WR1...

QB Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)

WR Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR)

WR Pierre Garcon (Was - WR)

WR Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR)

RB Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)

RB Doug Martin (TB - RB)

TE Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)

W/R/T Matt Forte (Chi - RB)

K Matt Prater (Den - K)

DEF Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)

BN Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)

BN LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)

BN Toby Gerhart (Min - RB)

BN Mario Manningham (SF - WR)

BN Nate Burleson (Det - WR)

BN Steve Breaston (KC - WR)

Are their any WR I should really keep my eye on that would most likely be on the waiver wire?

Thanks Guys

Hey Jeff.....always GLAD to see you here!

We carry 6 WRs and start 3 or 4 if we use a WR for our flex WR/TE spot

I have:

CAR-Steve Smith

Eric Decker

Santonio Holmes

Titus Young

I get to pick up 2 more WR's:

I can't decide on the second one - This is a PPR LEAGUE

My first pick is

Danny Amendola

My second options are:

--James Jones (GB)

--Emmanuel Sanders (PIT)

--Reuben Randle (NYG)

**Leaning towards James Jones over Sanders but I NEED your advice---Randle is a ROOKIE that I like

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get 4 RBs..... I need to pick up 1 more....

I have: (WE START 2 Weekly)

DeMarco Murray

Reggie Bush

Donald Brown

My WW options are:

--Rashad Jennings

--Toby Gerhart

--Isaiah Pead

--Jaquizz Rodgers

**Leaning towards Jennings

THANKS!

'MCRIZZ said:
Hey guys, first post :) ....Wanted to get some input on my team 12 team H2h regular yahoo scoring 3 keepers (mine were gronk rodgers and peterson) ... This is a yahoo auction keeper league....I feel my WR are weak and I should set out to get a WR1...QB Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB) WR Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR)WR Pierre Garcon (Was - WR)WR Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR)RB Adrian Peterson (Min - RB) RB Doug Martin (TB - RB)TE Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE) W/R/T Matt Forte (Chi - RB)K Matt Prater (Den - K)DEF Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)BN Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)BN LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)BN Toby Gerhart (Min - RB)BN Mario Manningham (SF - WR)BN Nate Burleson (Det - WR)BN Steve Breaston (KC - WR)Are their any WR I should really keep my eye on that would most likely be on the waiver wire? Thanks Guys
Looks like you should start Gerhart over AP in week one from what I have read. Of your WRs, the one I like least is Boldin. I think I would target Torrey Smith, Eric Decker, Jerome Simpson (for weeks 4 on), or Nate Washington or Kendall Wright for the first few weeks (filling in for Britt - both good starts)Good luck

'tate516 said:

I have:

CAR-Steve Smith

Eric Decker

Santonio Holmes

Titus Young

My first pick is

Danny Amendola

My second options are:

--James Jones (GB)

--Emmanuel Sanders (PIT)

--Reuben Randle (NYG)

**Leaning towards James Jones over Sanders but I NEED your advice---Randle is a ROOKIE that I like -> I try to stay away from rookie WRs if possible. Is Kendall Wright or Nate Washington available? I Like both much better than the three you list. How about Brandon LaFell?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DeMarco Murray

Reggie Bush

Donald Brown

My WW options are:

--Rashad Jennings

--Toby Gerhart

--Isaiah Pead

--Jaquizz Rodgers

THANKS!
Jennings is a great pick up.

I Got Cobb and M. Floyd for this team....How you like J. Baldwin comparatively...no ppr>>>team abovedropped the other Baldwin

I Got Cobb and M. Floyd for this team....How you like J. Baldwin comparatively...no ppr>>>team abovedropped the other Baldwin
I like him much more in dynasty than for 2012

'tate516 said:

I have:

CAR-Steve Smith

Eric Decker

Santonio Holmes

Titus Young

Danny Amendola

My first pick is

Danny Amendola

My second options are:

--James Jones (GB)

--Emmanuel Sanders (PIT)

--Reuben Randle (NYG)

**Leaning towards James Jones over Sanders but I NEED your advice---Randle is a ROOKIE that I like -> I try to stay away from rookie WRs if possible. Is Kendall Wright or Nate Washington available? I Like both much better than the three you list. How about Brandon LaFell?

DeMarco Murray

Reggie Bush

Donald Brown

My WW options are:

--Rashad Jennings

--Toby Gerhart

--Isaiah Pead

--Jaquizz Rodgers

THANKS!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------LaFell is available but I already have Steve Smith from Carolina, I don't want two WRs from 1 team, right?

Kendall Wright is available....SO I GRABBED HIM PER YOUR ADVICE!

Do you think Wright will be relevant after Britt's 1-week suspension?

PLEASE help me make my decision!

Would you start Kendall Wright in my Flex WR/TE slot this week?

Here are my WRs:

CAR-Steve Smith @ TB

Eric Decker v PIT

Santonio Holmes v BUF

Titus Young v STL

Danny Amendola @ DET

I need to start 3 WR and 1 at FLEX.

====================================

PPR LEAGUE

Also, I need 2 RBs

DeMarco Murray @ NYG

Reggie Bush @ HOU

Donald Brown @ CHI

Rashad Jennings @ MIN

THANKS!!

Hey Jeff-

Here we are, Week 1.

Need some assurance at RB and WR. The weather is concerning a bit for tomorow nights game so I'm reaching out to get your thoughts.

PPR

RB (NEED 2)

DeMarco Murray vs NYG

Steven Jackson vs DET

Fred Jackson vs NYJ

Benjarvis Green-Ellis vs BAL

Really only need the DeMarco Murray decision. Have him and SJax penciled in for now, stick with that?

WR (NEED 3)

Hakeem Nicks vs DAL

Percy Harvin vs JAC

Roddy White vs KC

Pierre Garcon vs NO

Star Hakeem or am I save to go with Pierre this week? Afraid the weather and foot aren't a good combination for Nicks.

What do you think, am i overreacting?

Thanks!

Kevin

Jeff,

I have Gonzlez and Rudolph on a couple my teams. Also just dropped Celek for Rudolph. I'm thinking about starting Rudolph over Tony this week.

Also Keller vs Gonzalez this week on one team?

'Would you start F. Jackson or Hillis this week?

Rivers or Schaub?

And you rank Austin much Higher than Dez for the year....wondered about that(would you trade Dez for Austin? Guess their good to play tomorrow.

Thoughts

Thanks!

Jeff,

I know you are very high on Spiller. Why are so many people so high on Fred over Spiller this year.

I had Fred last year, and he Was great before he was hurt.

Thanks,

Rob

I have:

CAR-Steve Smith

Eric Decker

Santonio Holmes

Titus Young

Danny Amendola

My first pick is

Danny Amendola

My second options are:

--James Jones (GB)

--Emmanuel Sanders (PIT)

--Reuben Randle (NYG)

DeMarco Murray

Reggie Bush

Donald Brown

My WW options are:

--Rashad Jennings

--Toby Gerhart

--Isaiah Pead

--Jaquizz Rodgers

THANKS!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------LaFell is available but I already have Steve Smith from Carolina, I don't want two WRs from 1 team, right?

Kendall Wright is available....SO I GRABBED HIM PER YOUR ADVICE!

Do you think Wright will be relevant after Britt's 1-week suspension?

PLEASE help me make my decision!

Would you start Kendall Wright in my Flex WR/TE slot this week?

Here are my WRs:

CAR-Steve Smith @ TB

Eric Decker v PIT

Santonio Holmes v BUF

Titus Young v STL

Danny Amendola @ DET

I need to start 3 WR and 1 at FLEX.

Smith, Decker, Wright, and Amendola - love Wright this wee

====================================

PPR LEAGUE

Also, I need 2 RBs

DeMarco Murray @ NYG