What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (3 Viewers)

Hi Jeff!

Must win at 4/5 and half my team off or injured.

Must pick between Mathews, Vereen or Fred Jackson.

Sick of Mthews and his lack of use in all phases. Plus TB very strong run D.

Should I play Jackson and hope for decent production from him and Spiller who I am starting?

Right now I have Vereen in hopes he can do what Boldin did last time NE faced Buff.

And lastly, I could outright cut DMC and sign Sanders and play 1 RB and 3 WRs.

TIA!

Jeff,I have another trade question in a different league:My Team:QB - Big Ben, SchuabRB - DMC, Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, LeShoureWR - Brandon Marshal, Percy Harvin, Stevie Johnson, Andre RobertsTE - Pettigrew, GreshamHis Team:QB - Rivers, FlaccoRB - McCoy, Sproles, DwyerWR - Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Antonio Brown, Brandon LloydTE - Jimmy Graham, Martellus Bennett We start:QB - 1RB - 2WR - 2TE - 1It's a PPR redraft league (12 teams) with the following scoring:1 pt per 20 yards passing1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving1 pt per reception for all positions6 pts for all TDs-2 per INT-2 per fumbleHe really wants Percy Harvin...still. I'm in first place with the league lead in total points as well, he is in last place.He has offered up:Percy and DMCForRoddy and McCoySchuab and PercyForRivers and RoddyPercy and any RBForMcCoy and any WRMy team has been solid all year but Percy has been the only constant scorer, everyone else has been up and down.I like McCoy in the second half of the year as their schedule gets easier, but I'm not sure it's worth gambling on a sure thing with Harvin.Any suggestions...? Last time you suggested "I like WHite for Harvin straight up but might offer McFadden/Harvin for McCoy/Bowe first. " but that was before the season started...what are your thoughts now that you've seen half the season?Thanks Jeff,-Eric
To be honest, I would not trade Harvin unless you beenfit mroe than these offers. These are all assuming White and Harvin are valued closely, but Roddy has cooled off some. So, I would not move him unless you can upgrade your starters in a deal like: Harvin/Pettigrew for Brown/Graham
Jeff,So the guy has since dropped Darren Sproles, he's on waivers and I have the 6th priority. I think there is one other guy ahead of me that would consider picking Sproles up. Of my 4 backs:McFadden - Possible High Ankle SprainRyan MathewsChris JohnsonMikel LeShoureWbo would I drop to pickup Sproles now that reports are suggesting only a 1 to 2 week layoff instead of the 4-6 weeks they were originally diagnosing? I can only carry 4 RBs. I guess I will have time to hear what the Diggy Diggy DOC has to say on the Waiver Wire podcast about Sproles' Injury and McFadden's injury.Thanks,-Eric
Sorry I did not get to this in time, but I would go with who you have unless you can do without Leshoure until Sproles is back (prob 3-4 weeks to full health)

Hi Jeff, I’m considering another idea, and hope you have the time to comment.I’d offer Turner for Jamaal Charles, assuming that he’s tired of Charles’ carry limitations in KC. I’ve perked up a bit after a couple of the trades you’ve coached me on, so am now 5-4. He’s also 5-4.Thoughts or suggestions?Thanks again Jeff!This is a 12-team PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, (7 total RB/WR/TE, I usually try to go 3-3-1), 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 20 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards (decimals) rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Vick/7, Luck/4RB: McCoy/7, Spiller/8, Turner/7, Reece/5, Woodhead/9, Andre Brown/11, Bryce Brown/7 (for McCoy), Forsett/8 (lottery), Tanner/5 (another lottery) WR: Welker/9, Austin/5, Britt/11, Broyles/5, Simpson/11 TE: Pitta/8 DEF: Bears/6, Bucs/5 K: Suisham/4His Team: QB: Cutler/6, Weeden/10RB: Charles/7, Richardson/10, Ronnie Brown/7, Chris Wells/10WR: Calvin/5, Dem Thomas/7, Malcom Floyd/7, Boldin/8, Golden Tate/11, Shorts/6, LaFell/6, Meachem/7 TE: Pettigrew/5, Myers/5 DEF: Packers/10, Broncos/7 K: Akers/9, Barth/5
I like the trade idea and am anti-Turner. He offers little upside. You can always hope the KC coaching staff realize what they have in Charles

Hi Jeff, Here’s another one I’m noodling over. This owner started out 8-0, but has been doing it with smoke and mirrors, at least as far as I can tell. He lost this weekend to go to 8-1, so he’s certain to make the playoffs. But he may be willing to trade to strengthen his team for the playoffs. I play him in week 11 though, so don’t want to do anything that hurts my chances of beating him that weekend!He's weak at RB, having lost McFadden, at least for the time being, but has great depth at TE. Although we can play a TE flex, his strength there might mesh with my weakness at TE, and perhaps his need at RB. So I’m thinking of offering him his choice of Reece, Woodhead, Andre Brown, Forsett, or Tanner, for Vernon Davis. I’ve perked up a bit after a couple of the trades you’ve coached me on, so am now 5-4. Thoughts or suggestions?Thanks again Jeff!This is a 12-team PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, (7 total RB/WR/TE, I usually try to go 3-3-1), 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 20 player roster. Pass TDs = 4 pts, all others 6. 1 for 10 yards (decimals) rushing or receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team: QB: Vick/7, Luck/4RB: McCoy/7, Spiller/8, Turner/7, Reece/5, Woodhead/9, Andre Brown/11, Bryce Brown/7 (for McCoy), Forsett/8 (lottery), Tanner/5 (another lottery) WR: Welker/9, Austin/5, Britt/11, Broyles/5, Simpson/11 TE: Pitta/8 DEF: Bears/6, Bucs/5 K: Suisham/4His Team: QB: Newton/6, palmer/5RB: McFadden (injured?), Daryl Richardson/9, Hunter/9, Ingram/6, Ivory/6, David Wilson/11WR: Dez/5, Antonio Brown/4 (injured?), Hilton/4, Blackmon/6, Manningham/9, Wright/11, Hankerson/10 TE: Gronkowski/9, Vernon Davis/9, chandler/8 DEF: Texans/8 K: Janikowski/5
You can even add Pitta to the offer if need be. ALso might consider a Turner for McFadden deal

Jeff,Who do you like as my last starter this week? My first three are ADP, BMarshall and RJennings. Standard scoring, no PPR...DMoore @ BaltJCharles @ PittBowe @ PittMFloyd @ TBTSmith vs OakThanks for help!
I would normally say Charles, easily, but I cannot rely on him and cannot recommend. I would say either Moore or Bowe with hopes Bowe racks up garbage time numbers which is likely

12 team ppr league 6 per td, Ive traded all year and ended up with Ryan Foster R. Rice Marshall Julio Hernandez Flex: Desean Jackson or Stewart I would stay put unless upgrading Stewart to a more reliable RB.... nice tradingShould I trade Julio Jones and Jonathan Stewart and desean jackson for AJ Green and Stevie Johnson He may do it. I have Ryan do I break up my QB-WR combo?

Jeff,I have another trade question in a different league:My Team:QB - Big Ben, SchuabRB - DMC, Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, LeShoureWR - Brandon Marshal, Percy Harvin, Stevie Johnson, Andre RobertsTE - Pettigrew, GreshamHis Team:QB - Rivers, FlaccoRB - McCoy, Sproles, DwyerWR - Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, Antonio Brown, Brandon LloydTE - Jimmy Graham, Martellus Bennett We start:QB - 1RB - 2WR - 2TE - 1It's a PPR redraft league (12 teams) with the following scoring:1 pt per 20 yards passing1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving1 pt per reception for all positions6 pts for all TDs-2 per INT-2 per fumbleHe really wants Percy Harvin...still. I'm in first place with the league lead in total points as well, he is in last place.He has offered up:Percy and DMCForRoddy and McCoySchuab and PercyForRivers and RoddyPercy and any RBForMcCoy and any WRMy team has been solid all year but Percy has been the only constant scorer, everyone else has been up and down.I like McCoy in the second half of the year as their schedule gets easier, but I'm not sure it's worth gambling on a sure thing with Harvin.Any suggestions...? Last time you suggested "I like WHite for Harvin straight up but might offer McFadden/Harvin for McCoy/Bowe first. " but that was before the season started...what are your thoughts now that you've seen half the season?Thanks Jeff,-Eric
To be honest, I would not trade Harvin unless you beenfit mroe than these offers. These are all assuming White and Harvin are valued closely, but Roddy has cooled off some. So, I would not move him unless you can upgrade your starters in a deal like: Harvin/Pettigrew for Brown/Graham
Jeff,So the guy has since dropped Darren Sproles, he's on waivers and I have the 6th priority. I think there is one other guy ahead of me that would consider picking Sproles up. Of my 4 backs:McFadden - Possible High Ankle SprainRyan MathewsChris JohnsonMikel LeShoureWbo would I drop to pickup Sproles now that reports are suggesting only a 1 to 2 week layoff instead of the 4-6 weeks they were originally diagnosing? I can only carry 4 RBs. I guess I will have time to hear what the Diggy Diggy DOC has to say on the Waiver Wire podcast about Sproles' Injury and McFadden's injury.Thanks,-Eric
Sorry I did not get to this in time, but I would go with who you have unless you can do without Leshoure until Sproles is back (prob 3-4 weeks to full health)
Thanks Jeff, I'm 8-1 with a 2 game cushion and am 1st in points. So at this point I'm building for the playoffs. If it would have happened two weeks ago I would have dropped LeShoure in a heart beat but the 3 TDs last week made me throw on the brakes...So from that perspective, you would drop LeShoure instead of Mathews for Sproles for the playoff push? I

PPR I give Rice or Foster and Hernadez I get Graham and AJ Green12 team PPR leaguestart 2RB 2WR- 1TE 1 FLEXJonathan Stewart would then be my 2.2 for 2My lineup now:RyanFosterRiceJulioMarshallHernandezDesean Jackson/Jon stewartor Ryan Foster Stewart Aj Green marshall Graham Julio Jones
no, stay put. Keep your rbs

Hey Jeff,12 team h2h keeper auction league$200 salarygeneral scoringKeep 3 players for 3 years. Can also keep unlimited rookies from rookie draft(salary depends on the round they were drafted and you can keep 1st rounders for 5 years, 2nd for 4 years and 3rd for 3 years)My team absolutely sucks after winning it all last year(lost rodgers, megaton, adrian peterson to FA) and injuries have hurt me(Jennings, garçon)Possible keepers for me after this year would be denarious Moore at $7(can keep him for 2 more years after this one). Pierre Garcon for $11(can keep him for 2 more years after this one). Rivers at $34( 2 more years after this one), Shane Vareen $1 (2 more years ...), Greg Jennings $50(3 more years), Celek $6(3 more years), Donald Brown $21(3 more years), and Mike Williams(rookie Keeper) $5 at 2 more years... I also have Jahvid Best at $10 and 2 more years.. I was just offered David Wilson at $10 and he hasn't been activated from rookie squad yet. Once he is he can be kept for 5 years. The owner is looking for Mike Williams in return and my 2nd round rookie pick(likely will be the first pick in round 2). I think i will have the first pick overall next year and a late 1st round pick as well. Should I try to get his 2nd round pick thrown in(which will be a late 2nd round pick) or should i accept the trade. Thanks
I see your current keepers as DMoore and Garcon ... and possibly MWilliams. Without understanding the picks, let me answer this way:If the picks are rookie picks I would accept as is, but try the counter getting his 2nd "to even it out"If the picks are used for some type of auction to get veteran players, too, I would keep the high pick.

Here's one for ya'll...Who's the TE to own the ROS: Miller or Hernandez?Miller is starting to come into his own in the PIT short game, and has the backing of his QB. Always a RZ target and the offense is moving the ball.Hernandez is coming off of injury and has to timeshare with Gronk. But Brady spreads the ball around well, and Hernandez is more of a WR in a TE body. Can easily get the YAC and makes up for any loss of TDs. But does this injury slow him down?Right now I'm leaning towards Miller, but looking for some input from the collective minds here. What are your thoughts?
I think Miller is safer. He should produce close to the same. Hernandez has a higher ceiling but is risky give injuries and situation. Right, now, I would stick with Miller considering A Brown is out for PITT

I was wondering what your thoughts were on this1) My Willis McGahee and Titus Young for his Reggie Bush and Steve Smith. Non keeper non ppr.Oops I defecated Gold QB - BreesusRB - DMC, MJD, Willis McGahee, Rashad Jennings, Alfred MorrisWR - Brandon Marshall, Jeremy Maclin, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Titus YoungTE - Aaron Hernandez, Greg OlsenK - Greg ZuerleinD- Seahawks is my full team and other players of interest on his team are AP, Gronk and Owen Daniels if you think I should make a counter. We can't play tight ends at flex. -> I would keep Willis in non-PPR considering Bush has played less than Daniel Thomas last two weeks. I might see what you would need to add to Hernandez to get Gronk. 2) My Matt Ryan for his Randall Cobb. This is a keeper that keeps 5. My full team isNorthern Enders QB- Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan,RB - Fred Jackson, Kevin Smith, Cedric Benson, William Powell, Dexter McCluster, Travaris CadetWR - Welker, Lance Moore, Manningham, Jon Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Andrew HawkinsTE - Kyle RudolphKicker - Greg ZuerleinD - LolphinsOther players of interest on his team are Forte, AJ Green, Percy Harvin, Hartline and Alfred Morris if you think I should counter -> I do not like it and think Ryan is worth a lot more. He is worth Harvin range

Hi Jeff!Must win at 4/5 and half my team off or injured.Must pick between Mathews, Vereen or Fred Jackson.Sick of Mthews and his lack of use in all phases. Plus TB very strong run D.Should I play Jackson and hope for decent production from him and Spiller who I am starting?Right now I have Vereen in hopes he can do what Boldin did last time NE faced Buff.And lastly, I could outright cut DMC and sign Sanders and play 1 RB and 3 WRs.TIA!
Vereen has scored a short TD, but little else last two weeks. I think he is safely penciled in for that. The other two are riskier but much higher upside. I am growing weary of FJax/Spiller getting underused. But, I think you go with the pair and hope NE jumps out to lead where each rack up catches like last week. I agree with Mathews/TB. Only upside for him is in passing game, imo. Good luck

Thanks Jeff, I'm 8-1 with a 2 game cushion and am 1st in points. So at this point I'm building for the playoffs. If it would have happened two weeks ago I would have dropped LeShoure in a heart beat but the 3 TDs last week made me throw on the brakes...So from that perspective, you would drop LeShoure instead of Mathews for Sproles for the playoff push? I
Yes as one division is much easier than the other. Plus, the SD coaches stuck with Mathews even after the fumble

Hi Jeff

Standard PPR League with -3 pts per interception and 1 pt per 25 pass yards. My QB RG3 is on his bye week.

Which QB would you start this week?

1. Fitzpatrick at NE

2. Tannehill vs Tenn

3. Locker at Mia

Thanks

My roster is in my signature.

I'd give up: Rivers, Colston & Morris

I'd Get: Roethlisberger, Cruz & Turner

does this trade make sense for me? More of a yardage heavy league.

I'm 5-4, 4th place in my division, 1 game outta first and also in the last playoff spot. Very tight division.

I know Cruz has been down lately but I feel he's more consistent that Colston especially in terms of yardage & Roethlisberger is definitely an upgrade.

Thanks!!

Which line wins in non ppr

Martin Leshoure

Marshall Cruz Andre Johnson bench :Nicks V Davis(no TE league)

Rice Leshoure

Marshall Cruz Andre Johnson Bench: V Davis

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jeff,

This is a PPR league. 1pt per reception for a WR and .5pt per reception for a RB.

Which one of these three should I start this week?

Dwayne Bowe WR KC vs. PIT

BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB CIN vs. NYG

Jamaal Charles RB KC vs. PIT

I'm leaning towards Bowe because it wouldn't surprise me to see KC get down early and big to Pittsburgh so I figure that Bowe might get some nice garbage time receptions. What do you think?

TIA Jeff

Hi JeffStandard PPR League with -3 pts per interception and 1 pt per 25 pass yards. My QB RG3 is on his bye week.Which QB would you start this week?1. Fitzpatrick at NE2. Tannehill vs Tenn3. Locker at MiaThanks
I think I would go with Locker. Even though he could throw picks, much more upside

My roster is in my signature.I'd give up: Rivers, Colston & MorrisI'd Get: Roethlisberger, Cruz & Turnerdoes this trade make sense for me? More of a yardage heavy league.I'm 5-4, 4th place in my division, 1 game outta first and also in the last playoff spot. Very tight division.I know Cruz has been down lately but I feel he's more consistent that Colston especially in terms of yardage & Roethlisberger is definitely an upgrade.Thanks!!
I see the WRs and RBs close but huge upgrade at QB so I would do that deal.

Hi Jeff,This is a PPR league. 1pt per reception for a WR and .5pt per reception for a RB.Which one of these three should I start this week?Dwayne Bowe WR KC vs. PITBenJarvus Green-Ellis RB CIN vs. NYGJamaal Charles RB KC vs. PITI'm leaning towards Bowe because it wouldn't surprise me to see KC get down early and big to Pittsburgh so I figure that Bowe might get some nice garbage time receptions. What do you think?TIA Jeff
I would go with Bowe. He and Cassel rack up the garbage time stats. Good luck

Am I crazy to think about moving Roddy White? I have had some interest in him from a few teams but the offers had sucked. Should I counter back to the teams looking to make the playoffs with big WR holes? If I have a bad week this week I am out of the playoffs so... I was thinking of seeing what I could get for White since he is 31 and only aging more and more with a great Julio Jones on the other side of him. I know he is still elite but is it wrong to try and shop him around to see if I can get some young WR talent? I already have a good amount of it but I think i could move him for someone better(in the long run). I have three solid RBs for the future Jstew, MJD, and Charles. What do you think of targeting Hakeem Nicks, Danarius Moore, Antonio Brown, D Thomas (shooting for the stars with that one). I could try and offer of Roddy White and Pierre Thomas for Hakeem Nicks and Daryl Richardson? Or Roddy white and Turbin for Moore and Ronnie Hillman and a 1st round rookie(I am giving too much)? Or Roddy White and Turbin for D Thomas? These are all thoughts what do you think? Team posted below

10 team .5ppr Dynasty League

QB Peyton Manning

WR Michael Cratree

WR Danny Amendola

WR Roddy White

RB Pierre Thomas

RB Rashad Jennings

TE Kyle Rudolph

W/R Randall Cobb

BN Ryan Broyles

BN Jamaal Charles

BN Maurice Jones-Drew

BN Jonathan Stewart

BN Titus Young

BN Alex Green

BN Alshon Jeffery

BN Robert Turbin

BN Dustin Keller

Pos Kickers

K Robbie Gould

Pos Defense/Special Teams

DEF New York

BN Baltimore

Am I crazy to think about moving Roddy White? I have had some interest in him from a few teams but the offers had sucked. Should I counter back to the teams looking to make the playoffs with big WR holes? If I have a bad week this week I am out of the playoffs so... I was thinking of seeing what I could get for White since he is 31 and only aging more and more with a great Julio Jones on the other side of him. I know he is still elite but is it wrong to try and shop him around to see if I can get some young WR talent? I already have a good amount of it but I think i could move him for someone better(in the long run). I have three solid RBs for the future Jstew, MJD, and Charles. What do you think of targeting Hakeem Nicks, Danarius Moore, Antonio Brown, D Thomas (shooting for the stars with that one). I could try and offer of Roddy White and Pierre Thomas for Hakeem Nicks and Daryl Richardson? Or Roddy white and Turbin for Moore and Ronnie Hillman and a 1st round rookie(I am giving too much)? Or Roddy White and Turbin for D Thomas? These are all thoughts what do you think? Team posted below10 team .5ppr Dynasty LeagueQB Peyton ManningWR Michael CratreeWR Danny AmendolaWR Roddy WhiteRB Pierre ThomasRB Rashad JenningsTE Kyle Rudolph W/R Randall Cobb BN Ryan Broyles BN Jamaal CharlesBN Maurice Jones-DrewBN Jonathan StewartBN Titus Young BN Alex GreenBN Alshon JefferyBN Robert TurbinBN Dustin KellerPos KickersK Robbie GouldPos Defense/Special TeamsDEF New York BN Baltimore
With White producing the way, I would try to move him for a young WR like Nicks and D Thomas. Add all of the misc pieces you can to get either. Guys like Pierre Thomas, Rashad Jennings, etc are good to use to upgrade your team for future

Am I crazy to think about moving Roddy White? I have had some interest in him from a few teams but the offers had sucked. Should I counter back to the teams looking to make the playoffs with big WR holes? If I have a bad week this week I am out of the playoffs so... I was thinking of seeing what I could get for White since he is 31 and only aging more and more with a great Julio Jones on the other side of him. I know he is still elite but is it wrong to try and shop him around to see if I can get some young WR talent? I already have a good amount of it but I think i could move him for someone better(in the long run). I have three solid RBs for the future Jstew, MJD, and Charles. What do you think of targeting Hakeem Nicks, Danarius Moore, Antonio Brown, D Thomas (shooting for the stars with that one). I could try and offer of Roddy White and Pierre Thomas for Hakeem Nicks and Daryl Richardson? Or Roddy white and Turbin for Moore and Ronnie Hillman and a 1st round rookie(I am giving too much)? Or Roddy White and Turbin for D Thomas? These are all thoughts what do you think? Team posted below10 team .5ppr Dynasty LeagueQB Peyton ManningWR Michael CratreeWR Danny AmendolaWR Roddy WhiteRB Pierre ThomasRB Rashad JenningsTE Kyle Rudolph W/R Randall Cobb BN Ryan Broyles BN Jamaal CharlesBN Maurice Jones-DrewBN Jonathan StewartBN Titus Young BN Alex GreenBN Alshon JefferyBN Robert TurbinBN Dustin KellerPos KickersK Robbie GouldPos Defense/Special TeamsDEF New York BN Baltimore
With White producing the way, I would try to move him for a young WR like Nicks and D Thomas. Add all of the misc pieces you can to get either. Guys like Pierre Thomas, Rashad Jennings, etc are good to use to upgrade your team for future
What do you think about Roddy White and Pierre Thomas for Daryl Richardson and Hakeem Nicks?

What do you think about Roddy White and Pierre Thomas for Daryl Richardson and Hakeem Nicks?
I like it a lot and would add to the offer if need to in order to get the deal done.

I like it a lot and would add to the offer if need to in order to get the deal done.
Thank you for all the help! I will give it a shot!

One quick waiver question. In PPR, which 3 out of Hartline, Andre Roberts, Titus Young, Cecil Shorts, Danario Alexander and Golden Tate would you roster

6pt PPR league

12 teams I trade alot

start 2rbs 2wrs 1te 1 flex

TRADE Ray Rice, Stewart and Desean

for AJ Green, McFadden and Reece?

I start

Rice

Foster

Marshall

Julio

Hernandez/Chandler at TE

Desean at FLEX..

Jeff,

This week I need to start one RB, one WR, and any two flex from this group. Standard scoring, no PPR...

JCharles vs Cinc

BMarshall @ SF

RJennings @ Hou

TSmith @ Pitts

Bowe vs Cinc

DMoore vs NO

Malcom Floyd @ Denv

I'm a bit down on Jennings because he hasn't produced; I'm worried about Marshall, with a tough matchup and without Cutler; I'm not sure what to think of Charles and Bowe; Torrey is high risk/high reward and may be due for a down week;and I like Moore's matchup against the Saints. I'm all over the board this week, and could definitely use your input. Thanks!

Hi Jeff! Man you've been money so far!

This week with no Fred Jackson, I have to play either Mathews, Ivory or Reece to go with Spiller. I'm leaning Reece.

Assuming Jordy Nelson is a go, do I use both him and Cobb for my two WRs? I also have Danario Alexander and Shorts.

Keller or Hernandez at TE?

TIA!

Jeff,

I need some advice on a possible trade for the playoffs. I keep trying to find a solution for my RB2 spot, and I'm still not happy there. Should I trade a top WR to get Chris Johnson?

10-team Yahoo redraft, 13-week regular season, six teams make the playoffs with the top-2 teams getting a bye in week 14. I'm in third place and in for the playoffs at 7-3. I might catch up and get one of the top two slots, but it's iffy at best.

Start 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, one flex R/W/T, K, and DST. Pass TDs are 5 points, 0.5 PPR, additive bonuses that favor pass catchers over RBs and QBs. Outsized performances thus get outsized scoring. As an example, Jimmy Graham's week 10 performance was good for 39.10 points.

My roster is:

Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman

LeSean McCoy, Steven Jackson, Jonathan Stewart, Alex Green

A.J. Green, Percy Harvin, Victor Cruz, Denarius Moore, Sidney Rice, James Jones

Jimmy Graham

Shayne Graham

Denver DST

We only have five bench spots, so owners have had to make tough drops during bye weeks. There are always enticing prospects on the wire, where I got James Jones and Jonathan Stewart. I got Rice when an owner had a bye week crunch. I traded RGIII, Mathews and Fitzgerald for McCoy, Cruz and Rivers, and promptly dumped Rivers for Freeman.

Looking to improve at RB2, I offered Steven Jackson and Sidney Rice for Chris Johnson and Jeremy Maclin. That team owner would be out of the playoffs now, but has a shot to get there. The fact that Johnson is on a bye this week seems to help. He countered with Steven Jackson and Percy Harvin for Johnson and Maclin.

I'd take a slight hit in week 11, since I'd have to replace Jackson with Maclin. However, I really like the thought of having Johnson and Tennessee's favorable run schedule alongside McCoy, who's value is looking a bit shaky with Foles at bat. I also think I have WR depth to compensate for losing Harvin.

What do you think?

One quick waiver question. In PPR, which 3 out of Hartline, Andre Roberts, Titus Young, Cecil Shorts, Danario Alexander and Golden Tate would you roster
Hartline, Alexander, and Young in order (would like Roberts more if different QB). I want to like Tate, but fear he will have some very poor games.

6pt PPR league 12 teams I trade alot start 2rbs 2wrs 1te 1 flex TRADE Ray Rice, Stewart and Desean for AJ Green, McFadden and Reece? I start Rice Foster Marshall Julio Hernandez/Chandler at TE Desean at FLEX..
Yes, I think I would do that with the thought that Reece could outscore Rice this week and hope DMC comes back soon

Jeff,This week I need to start one RB, one WR, and any two flex from this group. Standard scoring, no PPR...JCharles vs CincBMarshall @ SFRJennings @ HouTSmith @ PittsBowe vs CincDMoore vs NOMalcom Floyd @ DenvI'm a bit down on Jennings because he hasn't produced; I'm worried about Marshall, with a tough matchup and without Cutler; I'm not sure what to think of Charles and Bowe; Torrey is high risk/high reward and may be due for a down week;and I like Moore's matchup against the Saints. I'm all over the board this week, and could definitely use your input. Thanks!
I, too, am down on Jennings. I think Charles, Marshall, Bowe and Moore are your best bets.

'Kwai Chang Caine said:
Hi Jeff! Man you've been money so far! This week with no Fred Jackson, I have to play either Mathews, Ivory or Reece to go with Spiller. I'm leaning Reece.Assuming Jordy Nelson is a go, do I use both him and Cobb for my two WRs? I also have Danario Alexander and Shorts.Keller or Hernandez at TE?TIA!
Love Reece this week in a game I see NO up early and Palmer throwing a ton. I do not trust Mathews or Ivory (esp w/ Sproles possibly back).I would have NO problem starting both Packer WRs versus Detroit. This is the same Lions secondary that made Jarius Wright look good last week.I like Hernandez, but you might give him a week. it is a tempting matchup vs Indy, but hard to tell how healthy he is. Thank you for the kind words.

'Dork Matter said:
Jeff,I need some advice on a possible trade for the playoffs. I keep trying to find a solution for my RB2 spot, and I'm still not happy there. Should I trade a top WR to get Chris Johnson?10-team Yahoo redraft, 13-week regular season, six teams make the playoffs with the top-2 teams getting a bye in week 14. I'm in third place and in for the playoffs at 7-3. I might catch up and get one of the top two slots, but it's iffy at best.Start 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, one flex R/W/T, K, and DST. Pass TDs are 5 points, 0.5 PPR, additive bonuses that favor pass catchers over RBs and QBs. Outsized performances thus get outsized scoring. As an example, Jimmy Graham's week 10 performance was good for 39.10 points. My roster is:Matt Ryan, Josh FreemanLeSean McCoy, Steven Jackson, Jonathan Stewart, Alex GreenA.J. Green, Percy Harvin, Victor Cruz, Denarius Moore, Sidney Rice, James JonesJimmy GrahamShayne GrahamDenver DSTWe only have five bench spots, so owners have had to make tough drops during bye weeks. There are always enticing prospects on the wire, where I got James Jones and Jonathan Stewart. I got Rice when an owner had a bye week crunch. I traded RGIII, Mathews and Fitzgerald for McCoy, Cruz and Rivers, and promptly dumped Rivers for Freeman.Looking to improve at RB2, I offered Steven Jackson and Sidney Rice for Chris Johnson and Jeremy Maclin. That team owner would be out of the playoffs now, but has a shot to get there. The fact that Johnson is on a bye this week seems to help. He countered with Steven Jackson and Percy Harvin for Johnson and Maclin.I'd take a slight hit in week 11, since I'd have to replace Jackson with Maclin. However, I really like the thought of having Johnson and Tennessee's favorable run schedule alongside McCoy, who's value is looking a bit shaky with Foles at bat. I also think I have WR depth to compensate for losing Harvin.What do you think?
I think I would do it, but keep an eye on Maclin's back injury. Also, you might consider picking up Benson or Wells (prefer Benson) from the waiver wire. Wells is back in week 12 and Benson in two weeks, approx.

Hey Jeff,

I'm in a 10 team, start 2QB, keep 3 (standard scoring) league.

QB: Brady, Luck, Quinn

RB: Rice, Morris, Murray, Sproles

WR: Wayne, Steve Smith, Maclin, Rice, Malcolm Floyd

TE: Daniels, Myers

I'm 5-5 and would have to lose out to miss the playoffs.

Franchise QBs are always kept, and very rarely change hands in this league (Peyton Manning was only available as a rookie, for example).

The guy in last in my division has offered me Stafford, Peterson, and VJax for Luck.

This should make my team the favorite this season, and leaves me to choose 3 of Brady, Stafford, Rice, and Peterson to keep for next year. This league has been running over 20 years so it's really not a stretch to say I might pay for the wrong move here for many years.

Am I crazy not to jump on this deal?

1) Start Hartline @ BUF, Danario Alexander @ DEN, Andre Roberts @ ATL, or Titus Young vs GB in PPR?

2) Non PPR start Danario Alexander @ DEN or Titus Young vs GB?

3) Non PPR - Hartline @ BUF or Law Firm @ KC?

4)Non PPR - Do I dare bench Lloyd vs IND for Cecil Shorts @ HOU or Denario Alexander @ DEN?

Thanks

6pt PPR league 12 teams I trade alot start 2rbs 2wrs 1te 1 flex TRADE Ray Rice, Stewart and Desean for AJ Green, McFadden and Reece? I start Rice Foster Marshall Julio Hernandez/Chandler at TE Desean at FLEX..
Jeff same offer except its now:AJ GREEN, MCFADDEN, REECE, GRAHAMRICE, JULIO JONES, DJAX, HERNANDEZ

Jeff,

Well now I'm up a creek...If Ben is out until the playoffs (start week 14) I think I'm screwed. Right now in the free agent pool the best available QBs are:

Jake Locker

Sam Bradford

Vick

Weeden

Tannehill

Skelton

If I can't get a trade done, I'm going to probably end up grabbing Locker. There is a guy that has Brady and Carson Palmer, I'd like to target Palmer since it hopefully wouldn't cost me as much...

My Team:

QB - Big Ben, Schuab

RB - DMC, Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, Sproles

WR - Brandon Marshal, Percy Harvin, Stevie Johnson, Andre Roberts

TE - Pettigrew, Gresham

His Team:

QB - Brady, Palmer

RB - Demarco Murray, Marcel Reece, Ahmad Bradshaw, Andre Brown

WR - Marques Colston, Torrey Smith, James Jones, Jeremy Maclin

TE - Jason Witten

It's a PPR redraft league (12 teams) with the following scoring:

1 pt per 20 yards passing

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

1 pt per reception for all positions

6 pts for all TDs

-2 per INT

-2 per fumble

What would you offer up to get Palmer?

Jeff,

Kaepernick or Locker......how you see these going forward. Picked up K. just as swing for fence kind of thing.

Guessing Locker, but the other guy is really fast if he plays.

Another redraft league......Rivers or Eli for the rest of the year?

Prater or Bryant?

Hope you and yours are doing well!

Thanks,

Rob

Hey Jeff,I'm in a 10 team, start 2QB, keep 3 (standard scoring) league.QB: Brady, Luck, QuinnRB: Rice, Morris, Murray, SprolesWR: Wayne, Steve Smith, Maclin, Rice, Malcolm FloydTE: Daniels, MyersI'm 5-5 and would have to lose out to miss the playoffs.Franchise QBs are always kept, and very rarely change hands in this league (Peyton Manning was only available as a rookie, for example).The guy in last in my division has offered me Stafford, Peterson, and VJax for Luck.This should make my team the favorite this season, and leaves me to choose 3 of Brady, Stafford, Rice, and Peterson to keep for next year. This league has been running over 20 years so it's really not a stretch to say I might pay for the wrong move here for many years.Am I crazy not to jump on this deal?
I would do that deal for this year, then try to move Stafford and a RB (the one you will not keep) for a better QB

1) Start Hartline @ BUF, Danario Alexander @ DEN, Andre Roberts @ ATL, or Titus Young vs GB in PPR? Young, with Roberts next2) Non PPR start Danario Alexander @ DEN or Titus Young vs GB? Young3) Non PPR - Hartline @ BUF or Law Firm @ KC? BJGE4)Non PPR - Do I dare bench Lloyd vs IND for Cecil Shorts @ HOU or Denario Alexander @ DEN? LloydThanks

Jeff same offer except its now:AJ GREEN, MCFADDEN, REECE, GRAHAMRICE, JULIO JONES, DJAX, HERNANDEZ
i think i would do that deal and hope mcfadden comes back soon

Jeff,Well now I'm up a creek...If Ben is out until the playoffs (start week 14) I think I'm screwed. Right now in the free agent pool the best available QBs are:Jake LockerSam BradfordVickWeedenTannehillSkeltonIf I can't get a trade done, I'm going to probably end up grabbing Locker. There is a guy that has Brady and Carson Palmer, I'd like to target Palmer since it hopefully wouldn't cost me as much...My Team:QB - Big Ben, SchuabRB - DMC, Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, SprolesWR - Brandon Marshal, Percy Harvin, Stevie Johnson, Andre RobertsTE - Pettigrew, GreshamHis Team:QB - Brady, PalmerRB - Demarco Murray, Marcel Reece, Ahmad Bradshaw, Andre BrownWR - Marques Colston, Torrey Smith, James Jones, Jeremy MaclinTE - Jason WittenIt's a PPR redraft league (12 teams) with the following scoring:1 pt per 20 yards passing1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving1 pt per reception for all positions6 pts for all TDs-2 per INT-2 per fumbleWhat would you offer up to get Palmer?
I would try Schaub and Sproles for Palmer. Other owner needs a RB

Jeff,Kaepernick or Locker......how you see these going forward. Picked up K. just as swing for fence kind of thing.Guessing Locker, but the other guy is really fast if he plays. Kaepernick will only play if Smith is out so I would go with LockerAnother redraft league......Rivers or Eli for the rest of the year? -> Eli, and hope he snaps out fo funkPrater or Bryant? -> BryantHope you and yours are doing well!Thanks,Rob

Users who are viewing this thread