What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

I have Ben tate and R Hillman are they worth a roster spot
or should i cut bate

I am trying to get Jonas gray and Tre Mason
i mite can get mason but i am 8 on WW i dont think Gray will fall that far

Jeff, currently 6-5 in this PPR league. We start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex(WR/RB/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Roster:

QB

M. Sanchez

WR

Malcom Floyd

Emmanuel Sanders

Jordy Nelson

RB

Lesean Mccoy

Rashad Jennings

Jerrick McKinnon

Alfred Blue

Bishop Sankey

Denard Robinson

Jeremy HIll

Darren McFadden

Theo Riddick

TE

Larry Donnell

K

Mason Crosby

DEF

San Diego

Obviously I like to roster a lot of RB's and play best matchups, and almost always throw one in my flex as well. I could use some help with playoffs incoming, I need to win out to make it in. Currently 4th on the waiver this week, im just wondering who you would go for on waivers this week and who you think is safe to drop as well. With sanders being questionable as well this week, I may need a receiver (though I can probably pick up someone to throw in in free agency).

Notable Waivers available:

Jonas Gray, Charles Sims, Isaiah Crowell, Coby Fleener, Jay Cutler, Kenny Stills, Kenny Britt, Bryce Brown, Latavius Murray

Im 100% sure Jonas Gray won't be available as the #1 on waivers already said hes picking him up, so that leaves the rest. What should I do?

I have two kicker because of bye last week

which one should i keep Mason Crosby or Dan Bailey

Same thing i have 2 Def Den vs Mia and Mia @ DEN

I saw on WW
GB @ MIN
STL @ Sd
Bills vs NYJ

i have

J REED and G OLSEN (BYE)

what should i do with REED??

FREE AGENTS

J COOK,S CHANDLER,C CLAY,M LEWIS,M RIVERA,K RUDOLPH,A S-JINKINS

thanks

I have Ben tate and R Hillman are they worth a roster spot or should i cut bate

I am trying to get Jonas gray and Tre Mason

i mite can get mason but i am 8 on WW i dont think Gray will fall that far
tate will get claimed by someone and may be starting again soon ... is crowell available? hillman is more droppable than tate at this time

Jeff, currently 6-5 in this PPR league. We start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex(WR/RB/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Roster:

QB

M. Sanchez

WR

Malcom Floyd

Emmanuel Sanders

Jordy Nelson

RB

Lesean Mccoy

Rashad Jennings

Jerrick McKinnon

Alfred Blue

Bishop Sankey

Denard Robinson

Jeremy HIll

Darren McFadden

Theo Riddick

TE

Larry Donnell

K

Mason Crosby

DEF

San Diego

Obviously I like to roster a lot of RB's and play best matchups, and almost always throw one in my flex as well. I could use some help with playoffs incoming, I need to win out to make it in. Currently 4th on the waiver this week, im just wondering who you would go for on waivers this week and who you think is safe to drop as well. With sanders being questionable as well this week, I may need a receiver (though I can probably pick up someone to throw in in free agency).

Notable Waivers available:

Jonas Gray, Charles Sims, Isaiah Crowell, Coby Fleener, Jay Cutler, Kenny Stills, Kenny Britt, Bryce Brown, Latavius Murray

Im 100% sure Jonas Gray won't be available as the #1 on waivers already said hes picking him up, so that leaves the rest. What should I do?
drop mcfadden and denard for stills and crowell

also look to change from sd defense to either gb or sf

I need a TE since Julius is hurt, who should i go with

• tamme
  • cameron
  • clay
  • gresham
I am leaning Fleener but would like your advice.

Not sure who i should keep RoS, Eagles or Texans. Is there another option? Was hoping to plug and play both defenses for playoffs.

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]Was thinking of possibly dropping OBJ since i rarely use him. I usually play nelson, t.y and sanders.[/SIZE]

my team;

QB Peyton WR: Sanders, OBJ, M.Bryant, T.Y, Nelson, Gordon RB: Hill,Bell,Murray,FJax DST: Eagles,Texans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Koba said:

• tamme
  • cameron
  • clay
  • gresham

Not sure who i should keep RoS, Eagles or Texans. Is there another option? Was hoping to plug and play both defenses for playoffs.

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]Was thinking of possibly dropping OBJ since i rarely use him. I usually play nelson, t.y and sanders.[/SIZE]

my team;

QB Peyton WR: Sanders, OBJ, M.Bryant, T.Y, Nelson, Gordon RB: Hill,Bell,Murray,FJax DST: Eagles,Texans.
TE - > Fleener

Drop M Bryant (no ODB) and keep both defenses.

Koba said:

• tamme
  • cameron
  • clay
  • gresham

my team;

TE - > Fleener

:( someone picked up Fleener this am on ww. Who would be your second choice, and would you keep him RoS in case Julius gets hurt again?

Got a situation here, gotta pick three of these dudes to play this sunday in ppr

Gio- i'm a little nervous about the emergence of hill and that they may ease him back in

Lafell- he has Brady and that's good new but the Lions d is BAD NEWS

Jordan Mattews- he has really been my sexy boy as of late, thinking about sticking with um

Desean Jackson- boom or bust type of bro but you don't wanna miss the showstopper

Alfred Blue- only if Foster doesn't suit up of course, i like me some oh oh hoo Alfred Blue but he may be makin wishes that never come true

Input is greatly appreciated

Hi Jeff, crunch time in a couple leagues where my records are only OK but I have sick options. All leagues standard scoring w/5 point bonus for 100 yards.

League 1: must pick 5 RBs/WRs combination. Only rule is I have to have at least one of each position e.g. 1rb/4wr is fine

RB

Ingram

Hill

Mason

Anderson

WR

Calvin

Julio

ODB

Gordon

Also: QB Wilson or Mckown?

League 2:

RB: please pick one to go with Charles

Ellington

Anderson

Crowell

WR: pick 3

Julio

Hilton

Evans

ODB

Gordon

QB: Wilson or Sanchez?

League 3:

Rb: Ingram or Crowell?

Flex: Ingram, Crowell, Gordon (basically one of these guys has to sit)

Thank you so much Jeff!

Jeff, PPR

Pick 3 for 2 WR's and a FLEX (D. Robinson can be used as a WR in this league)

D. Robinson vs IND

C.Shorts vs IND

K. Stills vs Bal

J. Hill vs Hou

B. Sankey vs Phi

J. Mckinnon vs Chi

My other WR's are Sanders and Nelson (for sure starting Nelson, and probably Sanders if he plays)

Starting RBs are McCoy and Jennings

Jeff, PPR

Pick 3 for 2 WR's and a FLEX (D. Robinson can be used as a WR in this league)

D. Robinson vs IND

C.Shorts vs IND

K. Stills vs Bal

J. Hill vs Hou

B. Sankey vs Phi

J. Mckinnon vs Chi

My other WR's are Sanders and Nelson (for sure starting Nelson, and probably Sanders if he plays)

Starting RBs are McCoy and Jennings

Hi Jeff, crunch time in a couple leagues where my records are only OK but I have sick options. All leagues standard scoring w/5 point bonus for 100 yards.

League 1: must pick 5 RBs/WRs combination. Only rule is I have to have at least one of each position e.g. 1rb/4wr is fine

RB

Ingram

Hill

Mason

Anderson

WR

Calvin

Julio

ODB

Gordon

Also: QB Wilson or Mckown?

League 2:

RB: please pick one to go with Charles

Ellington

Anderson

Crowell

WR: pick 3

Julio

Hilton

Evans

ODB

Gordon

League 3:

Rb: Ingram or Crowell?

Flex: Ingram, Crowell, Gordon (basically one of these guys has to sit)

Thank you so much Jeff!

Got a situation here, gotta pick three of these dudes to play this sunday in ppr

Gio- i'm a little nervous about the emergence of hill and that they may ease him back in - would sit him until you see healthy

Lafell- he has Brady and that's good new but the Lions d is BAD NEWS

Jordan Mattews- he has really been my sexy boy as of late, thinking about sticking with um

Desean Jackson- boom or bust type of bro but you don't wanna miss the showstopper --- qb situation killing him

Alfred Blue- only if Foster doesn't suit up of course, i like me some oh oh hoo Alfred Blue but he may be makin wishes that never come true

Input is greatly appreciated

• tamme
  • cameron
  • clay
  • gresham

my team;

TE - > Fleener

:( someone picked up Fleener this am on ww. Who would be your second choice, and would you keep him RoS in case Julius gets hurt again?
tamme and just play the denver starter

Made the playoffs and now that J. Gordon is back have to pick 3 WR's to play this week. No PPR and we do get 10 points for any TD's over 50 yrds.

J. Gordon, J. Nelson, C. Johnson & M. Evans.

My other starters are P. Rivers, D. Robinson, J. Forsett, Gonk.

Actually thinking of sitting megaton but don't know if I can do it.

Hi Jeff. Need Kicker for rest of year after McManus got cut. Best options include Josh Brown, Randy Bullock, Greg Zuerlein and Connor Barth (Denver). Brown is best bet @ Jax this week, but I need somebody through week 16. Thanks for advice.

Hi Jeff,

Ppr 6 pt Tds 1 pt 25 yards pass/rush/rec

Pick one
Vereen

Fred

Ingram

Pick 2
Julio
Cobb
Gordon

Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving

I need a QB for week 14. I have Mark Sanchez but he's got the Seahawks next week.

4pt TD

4pt per 100 passing yards

Bonus point for 400 yards.

-1 for INT

On the WW:

Hoyer/Manziel, cle vs IND

Mettenberger, ten vs NYG

Stanton, az vs KC

Fitzpatrick, hou @JAX

McCoy, was vs STL

Only players I have from those teams are Josh Gordon and Isaiah Crowell, if that factors in.

Week 14 i have M Sanchez vs Sea

I cant belive playoff and i have ALL bad matchup, should i stick with sanchez

WW QB

C Newton @ NO

M Ryan vs GB

J Culter vs Dallas - Culter has so many up and down

A Dalton vs Phi

R Fitzpatrick @ Jac

C McCoy @ STL

Manziel Ind, Cin, @Car

if you had to cut one to pick up Ryan who would it be Julian Edelman or L Blount or G Olson i have C FLEENER

I have T Y Hilton and J Gordon

need on more who would it be

J maclin

or

A Jeffery

Hi Jeff! Need to win or go home. Standard scoring, 5 point bonus for 100 yards.

Please pick two WRs

Gordon

Hilton

ODB

Benjamin

Please pick a flex

A WR from above

Graham

Crowell

Edited to add: I just got blown up by Cutler/Jeffrey owner. Had Wilson in at QB but can replace with Tannehill. 5 point bonus for 300 yards passing and 5 for 100 yards rushing.

Do I now go with Tannehill as he may have a higher ceiling? He was highly ranked last week but didn't do much. I may be overreacting but now I'm thinking of using all upside guys.

Thanks again and may you have a fine playoff run yourself!

Jeff,

Playoffs are here
Ppr 6 pt Tds 1 pt 25 yards pass/rush/rec

Pick one

Fred

Ingram

Pick 2
Julio
Cobb
Gordon

Pick one D

Patriots

Broncos

I'm in a PPR league 12 teams we start QB,RB,WR,2FLEX, TE, K, D and only have 4 bench spots.

I own 5 RB's right now for 1 Spot. -please pick one RB

J. Hill vs. Pitt

J. Bell vs. TB

Andre Williams @ TEN

Tre Mason @ Was

Ryan Matthews vs NE

Would be real happy with 15 points.

Good evening everyone,

An owner in my league is offering up Shady for an off-season trade. That's as far as the details go at this point.

What I want to know is, was this year an anomaly for McCoy or will he now go the way of Ray Rice and Doug Martin, never to perform at an elite level again? Is he worth trading for? My guess is that the owner won't care who he gets as long as he gets draft picks to offset the loss. Our draft is 15-rds, I have picks in 1-14, plus a second 3rd round received in a trade for my 15th. What is Shady worth and based on my roster and the keepers I'm holding over, is he even worth going after?

I play in a 12-team Keeper / Dynasty league, TDs all 6-pts, 1-pt per 10yds for WR/RB/TE and 1-pt per 25yds for QB, starting lineup consists of QB; RB; WR; WR; WR/RB Flex; TE; K; DST.

We can keep 4 players for as long as we want, the 4 players kept must fit within the starting lineup criteria, i.e. we can't keep 2 QBs or 3 RBs - can only keep as many as we could potentially start on any given week.

My current roster looks like this:

QB - Tom Brady

QB - Mark Sanchez

QB - Teddy Bridgewater

WR - Calvin Johnston

WR - Julio Jones

RB - Jamaal Charles

RB - Knile Davis

RB - Joique Bell

RB - Jeremy Hill

RB - Charles Sims

RB - Jonas Gray

TE - Rob Gronkowski

TE - Travis Kelce

K - Caleb Sturgis

DST - Miami

Currently, I intend on keeping Calvin, Julio, Jamaal and Gronk.

If a trade for Shady, I'd drop Gronk and keep McCoy.

Again - the primary question is, based on my current roster and who I have available to keep, is Shady worth going after?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Horhay!

PPR with bonus for 50 yard TDs

My team. - HIs

Rodgers - Alex Smith

J Bell. - Lynch

D Thomas - A Brown

Beckham. - Sanders

Flex - Roddy

Graham. - Donnell

Bailey. Haushska

Car. Det

Mason vs NYG

Gordon at Car

Hill vs Denver

Drafting 10 of 10 in a redraft PPR league. 6 points all TDs.

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def, 7 Bench spots.

Here's the kicker: 4 RBs max per roster! (Was 12 team last year with this rule in place, and the rule remains even though there are fewer teams.)

I'm thinking about going WR/WR with my first 2 picks, as there will be more RBs available in later rounds than usual thanks to this rule. Thoughts?

Hi Jeff. I'm back with a complicated question. Hope you are well. Ready for another season???

So I have to sign Gronk in my salary cap league. How long of a contract should I sign him to? The league rules are:

--roster size of 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE and 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE)

--0.5 PPR

--6 points for all TDs including QBs

--The total cap is $200 and players cost their current salary plus $5 per year every additional year you want to sign them. For the first two years players are $2 for rookies or whatever salary you acquire them for in the auction.

Gronk has a current salary of $5. Crazy cheap which is great. I just need to balance locking him up long-term with making sure he doesn't become too expensive. For example, signing him for 2 years would be $15, 3 years would cost $20, 4 years $25, 5 years $30 per year. Every extra year costs more and means you lose some amount of near term advantage.

The rest of my team.

QB - Brady $18 for one year (could go two years at $28 but that seems high)
RB - Gurley $2, Gordon $2, Crowell $1, Abdullah $2 (these guys are super cheap for the next 2 years at least)
WR - Antonio Brown $3 (planning on signing to 3-4 year deal so $18-23), Sammy Watkins $2, Steve Smith $6, Nelson Agholor $2
TE - Gronk $5 (? How long to sign)
DST - Bills $1, Texans $1

All the cheap rookies are essentially on two-year, $2 contracts and then must be signed after that. Another consideration is that there is usually a scarcity in our auctions and the talented people usually go for way more than what would be fair value... Arian Foster went for $54 last season... Drew Brees $36... etc. So if I let Gronk - producing at last year's levels - back into the auction he would probably go for $40+.

Thank you for your help! :football:

Jeff,

I know you always advocate taking Rb's early, but my question is our league is 2rb and 3wr with the ability to use a Fourth Wr. I think it probably depends on where you pick from, but being able to take 2 or 3 stud Wideouts is very tempting this year.

Thanks,

Rob

I'm new to this forum. Just hope i'm in the right place. Looking for a good PPR (1pt per compl) Tier-based cheat sheet. I'm in a very competitive 12 team redraft PPR league that has bonuses for RB,& WR at 100 yds & 150 yds. Also QBs get .25 pts per completion just to add to the fun :) This has been going on now for 10 years. When I have a tier based sheet I seem to do much better in my draft. I've tried the Value Draft with ADP and the upside down with QB late and other variations. I haven't seen anything specific from the footballguys on tiers. Thanks Steve

my league starts QB 2WR 2RB TE K DE

who to start?

QB big ben,M Ryan

WR R Cobb,M Evans,A Jeffery

RB A Peterson,J Charles,L Miller

TE M Bennett,Z Ertz

K M Crosby,B Mcmanus

DE Cardinals,Colts

again we start QB 2WR 2RB TE K DE

thanks again in advance

NEED SOME ROSTER/WW ADVICE in a 12 team PPR league

Start 2 RBs/ 3WRs/ TE/ FLEX (RB/WR/TE)

My Roster

RBS

CJ ANDERSON

Latavius MURRAY

Alfred BLUE

Davonta FREEMAN

* I have to keep 4 RBs, if I drop one I have to replace 1

Looking at Christine Michael.......CRAZY? What about Benny Cunningham?

Would you DROP either FREEMAN or BLUE to take a chance on him taking over the #1 spot at some point?

I'm leaning more towards dropping Freeman bc of the Falcons Coleman and his upside, BLUE is in a loaded backfield until FOSTER returns but will he hang on to the top spot?

Does MICHAEL have more real potential long term than either of them?

WRS

TY HILTON

J MACLIN

John BROWN

Nelson AGHOLOR

Steve SMITH SR

Danny AMENDOLA

* I have to keep 6 WRs, if I drop one I have to replace 1

Leaning towards dropping AMENDOLA, here are my options:

*Charles JOHNSON / Greg JENNINGS / James JONES / Corey BROWN / Allen HURNS

Should I worry about having a MIA TE & GB TE? If not who is the better long term possible payoff JENNINGS or JONES?

Of should I just stand pat for now, its week 1?

MY TE's ( HAPPY )

Jordan CAMERON

Richard RODGERS

K

DAWSON

HOCKER

The kicking game has changed I love the upside of HOCKER its DAWSON that concerns me....there are a lot of rookies with big legs out there....

Rank the following if you were to recommend dropping DAWSON:

NUGENT or FRANKS?

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU THIS SEASON!

Standard, 14 team league

Players I've lost to injuries so far Alshon Jeffery, Andre Ellington, DeSean Jackson, Julius Thomas, Brian Quick (not injured but wtf), have to use a flier for this week for my flex spot to start in Jeffery's place

Karlos Williams, RB - hope that McCoy isn't 100% and that Karlos gets some action + vultures a TD
Lance Dunbar, RB - doesn't get carries, but seems to have a role in the passing game, especially with Dez out. My hesitation, I'm already starting Terrance Williams who will benefit the most
Cole Beasley, WR - should have a larger role now that Dez is out. My hesitation, I'm already starting Terrance Williams who will benefit the most
Allen Hurns, WR -
Bilal Powell, RB - sitting behind Ivory, but will get some touches

Who would you pick up and start?

For the win, PPR dynasty I am down 6 points

Opponent has Adams Safety Indy

I have Vinatieri and D Allen or TY Hilton.

Worried TY may be a decoy and that he will likely draw Revis.

1 pt PPR regardless of position. Who to start Allen/Hilton?

TIA

12 team Dynasty, non PPR, standard scoring

I have been offered A Williams for DeAngelo Williams. He owns Bell.

Unless there is an injury to Bell, I feel that DWill is back to backup roll. Roll the dice on A Williams?

Other option could be DWill for J Robinson, I own Gore

Users who are viewing this thread