What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (1 Viewer)

7 player keeper league, 10 teams, standard scoring with all TD's 6 points even for QB's & no PPR.My keepers as of nowHasselbeck, R. Brown, Westbrook, J. Lewis, T. Jones, R. Moss, S. Smith.I have the #2 & #10 picks in the 2008 draft.Should I offer this trade Lewis & Cotchery and the #10pick for McGahee. Do you think he would go for this trade. He told me he was interested in Cotchery and wanted to move either Portis or McGahee. The #2 pick is his from a earlier trade. I drafted Cotchery at 1.09 this year, just to let you know what will be out there for players in the draft. So the ten in not worth alot do you think I will need to up the pick ot the #2 position or do you think that is to much.
I like the deal if it includes the 10 pick. No way would I include the 2. If you pass on the deal, you might consider keeping Cotch instead of TJones.
He countered with Lewis , 1.02 & 1.10 for McGahee I don't think I will take this deal but wanted to know what you think of it.Starting lineup 1QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 Flex(RB, WR, or TE)
I do not like it either ..... who knows what the Ravens will look like in 2008 with all new coaches on a rebuilding team
Heres another trade in this league that someone has offered me. Addia for WestbrookI have not made any of the above trades so my keepers are still the same other then maybe cotch instead of Jones might be able to trade Jones for a 2nd round pick.I like Westbrook better then Addia for the next few years but I know Westbrook does not have that many more years so do I trade him know to get younger and do you think I should be able to get more for him.
I am a huge Westbrook fan that was down on Addai. But, I think I would do that deal. I might wait until the playoffs are over just to make sure Addai does not get injured, but I like his upside.
I did the trade except that I included my 1.10 for his 1.08. So the trade ended up loooking like this I get Addia and 1.08 and he got Westbrook and 1.10.Now I might trade the 1.08 for H. Ward or do you like Cotchery better then Ward. What about D. Driver or J. Walker for the 1.08. I really want to upgrade my 3rd WR but don't know if this is a Up grade over Cotchery.
I like Cotch better than those WRs. He is still real young. Also, I would hold picks as long as possible. They will be worth more the closer your draft gets. This is a good rookie class and the pick will be worth quite a bit.
What about Jones and my 4.01 for the 2.01 & 5.02. I offered Jones for 2.01 and this is what he countered with.I will need to cut either Jones or Cotch and would rather keep Cotch as my 3 WR and with the 2.01 pick it will give me 3 picks in the top 11( 1.02 & 1.08).
Would love it for you to sell Thomas Jones for that high. I, too, like Cotch much more than Jones.
Do you like L. Evans more then Cotch, just received another offer Jones for Evans. The only problem I have with this trade is that then I would have to cut one of my other players since we can only keep 7 players.

Jeff,I've been offered a trade:Give upA. JohnsonGetBoweT. BellFargasM Bush2008 pick 1.5I don't think I can do this, but it is a lot to offer for a WR that has yet to finish in the top, I value AJ too much. My concerns are Bowe on a bad offense, Dmac going to the Raiders, and value of the 1.5??? Do you think Bowe can be a FF #1 WR?1.5 = Rice or F. Jones, neither a sure bet. He also has Boldin, how do you compare Boldin vs Bowe vs AJ?What do you think??My team:QB-Shaub, Leinart, Warner, RodgersRB- A. Peterson (Minn), K. Jones, Bensen, A. Bradshaw, B. Jackson, A. Hall, M. MooreWR- A. Johnson, Cotchery, Driver, S. Rice, L. Robinson, J. Gage, M. WalkerTE- Winslow, O. DanielsPK- BironasDef-Colts
Boldin and Bowe are close for me, even though many on this board have Boldin much higher. I do not think you can afford to do this deal. If I owned AJ, I think I would want Boldin, Bowe, plus the pick. I know that sounds steep, but you are giving up a WR that many have as a top five wr.
I counter offered:GiveAJM MooreA HallJ GageGetBoldinBowepick 1.5FargasM BushEdit- Counter was rejected
that is ok, it is not a bad thing to hold AJ for now. That guy is being ranked as a top five receiver. His value is only going up this offseason.
Not to jump too much in here, but I think Bowe/1.5 or Boldin/1.05 for AJ is a very reasonable offer in a PPR. Boldin/Bowe for AJ/lesser is reasonable as well. If non-PPR, even more so.

Jeff,I've been offered a trade:Give upA. JohnsonGetBoweT. BellFargasM Bush2008 pick 1.5I don't think I can do this, but it is a lot to offer for a WR that has yet to finish in the top, I value AJ too much. My concerns are Bowe on a bad offense, Dmac going to the Raiders, and value of the 1.5??? Do you think Bowe can be a FF #1 WR?1.5 = Rice or F. Jones, neither a sure bet. He also has Boldin, how do you compare Boldin vs Bowe vs AJ?What do you think??My team:QB-Shaub, Leinart, Warner, RodgersRB- A. Peterson (Minn), K. Jones, Bensen, A. Bradshaw, B. Jackson, A. Hall, M. MooreWR- A. Johnson, Cotchery, Driver, S. Rice, L. Robinson, J. Gage, M. WalkerTE- Winslow, O. DanielsPK- BironasDef-Colts
Boldin and Bowe are close for me, even though many on this board have Boldin much higher. I do not think you can afford to do this deal. If I owned AJ, I think I would want Boldin, Bowe, plus the pick. I know that sounds steep, but you are giving up a WR that many have as a top five wr.
I counter offered:GiveAJM MooreA HallJ GageGetBoldinBowepick 1.5FargasM BushEdit- Counter was rejected
that is ok, it is not a bad thing to hold AJ for now. That guy is being ranked as a top five receiver. His value is only going up this offseason.
Not to jump too much in here, but I think Bowe/1.5 or Boldin/1.05 for AJ is a very reasonable offer in a PPR. Boldin/Bowe for AJ/lesser is reasonable as well. If non-PPR, even more so.
Hey Patoons, feel free to jump in anytime. The issue for me is his lineup. That is why if he trades his only top shelf WR, he needs to replace a starter. That is why I would want Boldin and Bowe. In the PPR league you and I are in, the AJ owner (on my side) would not consider Bowe and 1.05 and may not Bowe and Boldin. That is one of the things I am going by.

Do you like L. Evans more then Cotch, just received another offer Jones for Evans. The only problem I have with this trade is that then I would have to cut one of my other players since we can only keep 7 players.
Cotch way more than Evans. I am very sour on Evans. The guy has had one good year, and three disappointing seasons.

Hey Patoons, feel free to jump in anytime. The issue for me is his lineup. That is why if he trades his only top shelf WR, he needs to replace a starter. That is why I would want Boldin and Bowe. In the PPR league you and I are in, the AJ owner (on my side) would not consider Bowe and 1.05 and may not Bowe and Boldin. That is one of the things I am going by.
Fair enough.I own AJ in three leagues (2 ppr) and believe that I would consider Boldin & Bowe or Bowe and 1.05 to deal him. Bowe/1.05 given how deep the draft is at RB this year. Bolding is still, imo a top 10 dynasty WR, adding Bowe (top 20 currently and had the best rookie season of the rookie WRs last year) is definitely a decent deal.

Fair enough.I own AJ in three leagues (2 ppr) and believe that I would consider Boldin & Bowe or Bowe and 1.05 to deal him. Bowe/1.05 given how deep the draft is at RB this year. Bolding is still, imo a top 10 dynasty WR, adding Bowe (top 20 currently and had the best rookie season of the rookie WRs last year) is definitely a decent deal.
Also, I think that same owner gave away Bowe ... I mean gave a very good wr away. He gave Bowe and Trent Edwards and received the 1.08 and Michael Jenkins. I might be alone on this one, but Bowe is worth the 1.05 to me, and I own him nowhere.

Also, I think that same owner gave away Bowe ... I mean gave a very good wr away. He gave Bowe and Trent Edwards and received the 1.08 and Michael Jenkins. I might be alone on this one, but Bowe is worth the 1.05 to me, and I own him nowhere.
I'd agree with that.

Jeff Tefertiller said:
Packers4ever said:
Cotch way more than Evans. I am very sour on Evans. The guy has had one good year, and three disappointing seasons.
Now I have another offer. Chad Johnson & his 3.05 for T. Jones and S. Smith. I don't know how I like this offer with CJ what is being said about him and how he has played the last few years. I do see you have CJ rated above Smith in your dynasty rankings. He will not give up his 2nd round pick because it is too high and he does not have a 1st round pick. Do you think this is a good trade for me or should I try to see if he will give my his 2 round pick in 2009 instead of the 3rd rounder this year.

Now I have another offer. Chad Johnson & his 3.05 for T. Jones and S. Smith. I don't know how I like this offer with CJ what is being said about him and how he has played the last few years. I do see you have CJ rated above Smith in your dynasty rankings. He will not give up his 2nd round pick because it is too high and he does not have a 1st round pick. Do you think this is a good trade for me or should I try to see if he will give my his 2 round pick in 2009 instead of the 3rd rounder this year.
I do not like this deal for you. I would try to move TJones for a WR in a separate deal.

I do not like this deal for you. I would try to move TJones for a WR in a separate deal.
Would Jones and my 1.02 be enough to get Fitz or would this be giving up too much in future players.He has one to many players to keep so he needs to trade one and WR's are his strength and RB's are his weakness but Fitz is his best player.

Packers4ever said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Would Jones and my 1.02 be enough to get Fitz or would this be giving up too much in future players.He has one to many players to keep so he needs to trade one and WR's are his strength and RB's are his weakness but Fitz is his best player.
Jones and the 1.02 would prob be plenty for Fitz. But, I do not think I would do that deal unless I got a good pick back. The league is non-PPR, so the 1.02 might actually be worth more than Fitz, imo.

Hey Jeff,

I've been looking into moving LT. So far, only some warm interest, none with a very talented RB in return. Top 3 rookie pick owners haven't been interested really, and none have a young RB I'd prefer in return. I have found an offer...

I get: Lynch, Gates

I give: LT, Shockey

It's a PPR dynasty, 12 man roster, start 2-3 RB, 2-4 WR. Owner has 1.9 draft pick as well, but is not interested in throwing it in. The rest of his roster is really not important, as there's really nothing else I'm interested in him throwing in. My roster would be the following...

Romo, Schaub

Gore, Lynch, Turner, K. Jones, C. Williams, F. Jackson

B. Marshall, Plaxico, D. Bowe, K. Curtis, D. Hester

Gates, Lee

2.1, 3.7, 4.7

With a deal like this, obviously I get much younger at RB, with what should be a perennial top 10 RB, and a complete 180 at TE. Am I selling myself short in a trade involving LT? Am I better off waiting till the start of the season to deal LT? Or is the youth at RB and the TE upgrade enough to roll with? Second question, perhaps the most important of all. This team is built to contend right now. Should trading LT even be on my radar at this point?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff,I've been looking into moving LT. So far, only some warm interest, none with a very talented RB in return. Top 3 rookie pick owners haven't been interested really, and none have a young RB I'd prefer in return. I have found an offer...I get: Lynch, GatesI give: LT, ShockeyIt's a PPR dynasty, 12 man roster, start 2-3 RB, 2-4 WR. Owner has 1.9 draft pick as well, but is not interested in throwing it in. The rest of his roster is really not important, as there's really nothing else I'm interested in him throwing in. My roster would be the following...Romo, SchaubGore, Lynch, Turner, K. Jones, C. Williams, F. JacksonB. Marshall, Plaxico, D. Bowe, K. Curtis, D. HesterGates, Lee2.1, 3.7, 4.7With a deal like this, obviously I get much younger at RB, with what should be a perennial top 10 RB, and a complete 180 at TE. Am I selling myself short in a trade involving LT? Am I better off waiting till the start of the season to deal LT? Or is the youth at RB and the TE upgrade enough to roll with?
I am someone who recently acquired LT and have looked at what he might be worth in that league. I think LT is worth much more than that offer. What I might look at is getting a top WR (like Wayne or Fitz) and a RB like Willis or even E Graham (since you have Caddy).

Hey Jeff,I've been looking into moving LT. So far, only some warm interest, none with a very talented RB in return. Top 3 rookie pick owners haven't been interested really, and none have a young RB I'd prefer in return. I have found an offer...I get: Lynch, GatesI give: LT, ShockeyIt's a PPR dynasty, 12 man roster, start 2-3 RB, 2-4 WR. Owner has 1.9 draft pick as well, but is not interested in throwing it in. The rest of his roster is really not important, as there's really nothing else I'm interested in him throwing in. My roster would be the following...Romo, SchaubGore, Lynch, Turner, K. Jones, C. Williams, F. JacksonB. Marshall, Plaxico, D. Bowe, K. Curtis, D. HesterGates, Lee2.1, 3.7, 4.7With a deal like this, obviously I get much younger at RB, with what should be a perennial top 10 RB, and a complete 180 at TE. Am I selling myself short in a trade involving LT? Am I better off waiting till the start of the season to deal LT? Or is the youth at RB and the TE upgrade enough to roll with?
I am someone who recently acquired LT and have looked at what he might be worth in that league. I think LT is worth much more than that offer. What I might look at is getting a top WR (like Wayne or Fitz) and a RB like Willis or even E Graham (since you have Caddy).
Thanks for the quick reply. If I can get the 1.9 out of the deal, do you still think it's uneven? Will look into your suggestions though, thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply. If I can get the 1.9 out of the deal, do you still think it's uneven? Will look into your suggestions though, thanks!
still no deal for me

Jeff,

What would you offer with the 1.7 to move up to the 1.4. The other team needs RB help, his only RB is R. Brown.

Do you think there is any chance that Stewart falls to #4 in a FF draft with the injury concerns and pending the NFL team he ends up on?

My team:

QB-Shaub, Leinart, Warner, Rodgers

RB- A. Peterson (Minn), K. Jones, Bensen, A. Bradshaw, B. Jackson, A. Hall, M. Moore

WR- A. Johnson, Cotchery, Driver, S. Rice, L. Robinson, J. Gage, M. Walker

TE- Winslow, O. Daniels

PK- Bironas

Def-Colts

Jeff,What would you offer with the 1.7 to move up to the 1.4. The other team needs RB help, his only RB is R. Brown.Do you think there is any chance that Stewart falls to #4 in a FF draft with the injury concerns and pending the NFL team he ends up on?My team:QB-Shaub, Leinart, Warner, RodgersRB- A. Peterson (Minn), K. Jones, Bensen, A. Bradshaw, B. Jackson, A. Hall, M. MooreWR- A. Johnson, Cotchery, Driver, S. Rice, L. Robinson, J. Gage, M. WalkerTE- Winslow, O. DanielsPK- BironasDef-Colts
First of all, I see a 30-40% chance he slides to the 1.04. One big factor will be where Rice lands. If he is in a great situation, I could see many owners choosing him at 1.03. The only players I think you could offer with the 1.07 would be Benson or Bradshaw. I think I would hold Bradshaw for now. I doubt the other owner would take Brnson and the 1.07 for 1.04. You might have to thrown in your 2nd (maybe a WR or QB, too).good luck.

Jeff,What would you offer with the 1.7 to move up to the 1.4. The other team needs RB help, his only RB is R. Brown.Do you think there is any chance that Stewart falls to #4 in a FF draft with the injury concerns and pending the NFL team he ends up on?My team:QB-Shaub, Leinart, Warner, RodgersRB- A. Peterson (Minn), K. Jones, Bensen, A. Bradshaw, B. Jackson, A. Hall, M. MooreWR- A. Johnson, Cotchery, Driver, S. Rice, L. Robinson, J. Gage, M. WalkerTE- Winslow, O. DanielsPK- BironasDef-Colts
First of all, I see a 30-40% chance he slides to the 1.04. One big factor will be where Rice lands. If he is in a great situation, I could see many owners choosing him at 1.03. The only players I think you could offer with the 1.07 would be Benson or Bradshaw. I think I would hold Bradshaw for now. I doubt the other owner would take Brnson and the 1.07 for 1.04. You might have to thrown in your 2nd (maybe a WR or QB, too).good luck.
This is pretty much what I was thinking. Everybody talks about getting in the top 3, but with Stewart in question I would be happy with Rice or Stewart without having to pay for the top 3.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. Everybody talks about getting in the top 3, but with Stewart in question I would be happy with Rice or Stewart without having to pay for the top 3.
I hope you are right. In one league I have the 1.02 and 1.04 and would be :wub: if I could walk away with Mendenhall and Stewart. The 1.03 wants a ton to move up from the 1.04 so I think he is targeting Stewart but who knows.

I hope you are right. In one league I have the 1.02 and 1.04 and would be :goodposting: if I could walk away with Mendenhall and Stewart. The 1.03 wants a ton to move up from the 1.04 so I think he is targeting Stewart but who knows.
at 1.04, even if Stewart goes to 1.03, you can choose between one of the RBs who lands in a sweet situation. Felix Jones, Ray Rice, Charles, Kevin Smith, or Forte ... one will land in a great spot. 1.04 is a win/win for owners.

Jeff,

I was thinking of offering B. Jackson for C. Taylor

I own AD and the other owner owns R. Grant, giving each team the back up RB.

I originally thought there was a good chance that Jackson would have a chance to take over for Grant, but I'm starting to think that the Packers are committed to Grant being the feature back and I over valued Jackson last year.

Would you gamble that Jackson will not have much of a chance to produce in GB, and offer the trade?

Jeff,I was thinking of offering B. Jackson for C. TaylorI own AD and the other owner owns R. Grant, giving each team the back up RB. I originally thought there was a good chance that Jackson would have a chance to take over for Grant, but I'm starting to think that the Packers are committed to Grant being the feature back and I over valued Jackson last year.Would you gamble that Jackson will not have much of a chance to produce in GB, and offer the trade?
I would prefer Chester to BJax, independent of rosters. Having AD makes it even better.

Hey Jeff, question here for ya: what to do this offseason? What weaknesses should I take care of in draft? Via trade?

12 team PPR, start 1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1 DEF

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Warner, Kurt ARI QB

Leftwich, Byron FA QB

O'Sullivan, J.T. SFO QB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Jones, Kevin FA RB

Bell, Tatum DET RB

Booker, Lorenzo MIA RB

Arrington, J.J. ARI RB

Moore, Mewelde PIT RB

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

Johnson, Chad CIN WR

Rice, Sidney MIN WR

Walker, Javon OAK WR

Williams, Roy DET WR

Jackson, Chad NEP WR

Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR

Hilliard, Ike TBB WR

Randle El, Antwaan WAS WR

Wade, Bobby MIN WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

Folk, Nick DAL PK

Hanson, Jason DET PK

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

08 DRAFT PICKS:

Note, bold means potential starters.

Also note that my league allows for 4 WR + 1 RB that could be useful in PPR leagues. I tried to design my team that way, although that has backfired a bit (Kevin Jones).

Chunky Soup said:
Hey Jeff, question here for ya: what to do this offseason? What weaknesses should I take care of in draft? Via trade?

12 team PPR, start 1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1 DEF

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Warner, Kurt ARI QB

Leftwich, Byron FA QB

O'Sullivan, J.T. SFO QB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Jones, Kevin FA RB

Bell, Tatum DET RB

Booker, Lorenzo MIA RB

Arrington, J.J. ARI RB

Moore, Mewelde PIT RB

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

Johnson, Chad CIN WR

Rice, Sidney MIN WR

Walker, Javon OAK WR

Williams, Roy DET WR

Jackson, Chad NEP WR

Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR

Hilliard, Ike TBB WR

Randle El, Antwaan WAS WR

Wade, Bobby MIN WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

Folk, Nick DAL PK

Hanson, Jason DET PK

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

08 DRAFT PICKS:

Note, bold means potential starters.

Also note that my league allows for 4 WR + 1 RB that could be useful in PPR leagues. I tried to design my team that way, although that has backfired a bit (Kevin Jones).
I like your team. The only changes I see I would make would be to pick up a young qb or two from the waiver wire. Every league has a couple young QBs on the waiver. Guys like Shaun Hill, Grossman, Matt Moore, or even a guy like Stanton, Losman, or Pennignton. At RB/WR, I would look to drop a few players that could never start for you, no matter what. Arrington, Hilliard, ARE, and Wade will never see the field with that team. I would look for waiver wire guys like Antonio Bryant, Obamanu, Michael Jenkins, even Jeherme Urban or Stokely.

I would spend the 1.08 on a RB and the 2.02 on a WR. The 2.10 will net a decent QB or WR. I like the team, but owuld try to find some upside guys for the offseason. I also might see what Chester would cost.

Jeff could you check out the Keeper trade offer and let me know what you think.....TIA

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...p;#entry8488034
This is a 12 team 10 player Keeper league No PPR Standard scoring....1QB 2RB 3WR TE K DEFThis will also allow me to keep a player I would drop so that has to work into the trade

I get 1.3 and also keep M.Harrison or Irons or J Russell

I give Chad

My 10 keepers

Romo

SJAX

Turner

Rudi

KJ

Fitz

Holt

Chad

L.Evans

Cooley

ok, this is a tough one. Here is what I might try:

I would try to see if I could add Russell and Harrison to the deal and see if I could get a better keeper than Harrison or Irons. This is what I would try first.

I would do the deal anyway, but would try the above. Also, I have a tough time trying to figure out which one to keep. Brob comes down to Harrison's health. If a question still, I would go with Irons.

Jeff,

I've been offered this trade:

Give- Cotchery

Get- Fargas & M. Bush

1ppr start 1 qb, 2-3rb, 3-4wr, 1-2TE

Two issues- leaves me a little thin at WR and somewhat useless if Oak drafts Dmac

I'm thinking say no.

My team:

QB-Shaub, Leinart, Warner, Rodgers

RB- A. Peterson (Minn), K. Jones, Bensen, A. Bradshaw, B. Jackson, A. Hall, M. Moore

WR- A. Johnson, Cotchery, Driver, S. Rice, L. Robinson, J. Gage, M. Walker

TE- Winslow, O. Daniels

PK- Bironas

Def-Colts

Jeff,I've been offered this trade:Give- CotcheryGet- Fargas & M. Bush1ppr start 1 qb, 2-3rb, 3-4wr, 1-2TETwo issues- leaves me a little thin at WR and somewhat useless if Oak drafts DmacI'm thinking say no.My team:QB-Shaub, Leinart, Warner, RodgersRB- A. Peterson (Minn), K. Jones, Bensen, A. Bradshaw, B. Jackson, A. Hall, M. MooreWR- A. Johnson, Cotchery, Driver, S. Rice, L. Robinson, J. Gage, M. WalkerTE- Winslow, O. DanielsPK- BironasDef-Colts
I would pass very quickly. Cotch is a young wr in an offense that will better in a year. There is a strong chance Oak takes a RB, whether McFadden in first or Rice, CJohnson, or Kevin Smith in second. Since yours is a PPR league, not really that good of an offer.

I am looking to trade for D. Brees but don't really know what to offer for him. I know in your dynasty rankings that G. Jennings and Brees are about the same but I don't think he would go for that. He is in need of both RB's & Wr's and told me to make him an offer or do you like Romo better because he told me he would trade either one of his QB's but said Romo would cost me.

This is a 9 player keeper league or you can keep your whole team but then you do not get to be in the draft. My pick is 1.05 and his is 1.04. Starters are 1 QB, 2RB's, 3 WR's & 1 TE. Standard scoring with no PPR and QB's only get 4 pts/TD.

My players

QB's J. Cutler, V. Young,

RB's F. Gore, W. McGahee, M. Turner, Caddy & K. Jones

WR's A. Boldin, G. Jennings, S. Moss, S. Smith(Car), R. Williams,

TE's Winslow

His players

QB's D. Brees, T. Romo,

RB's W. Dunn, E. Graham, B. Jacobs, J. Jones, L. Maroney,

WR's D. Bowe, P. Crayton, D. Driver, D. Mason, H. Ward,

TE T. Gonzalez

So what do you think I should offer for Brees or Romo or do you think I should just stay with what I have.

I am looking to trade for D. Brees but don't really know what to offer for him. I know in your dynasty rankings that G. Jennings and Brees are about the same but I don't think he would go for that. He is in need of both RB's & Wr's and told me to make him an offer or do you like Romo better because he told me he would trade either one of his QB's but said Romo would cost me. This is a 9 player keeper league or you can keep your whole team but then you do not get to be in the draft. My pick is 1.05 and his is 1.04. Starters are 1 QB, 2RB's, 3 WR's & 1 TE. Standard scoring with no PPR and QB's only get 4 pts/TD.My players QB's J. Cutler, V. Young, RB's F. Gore, W. McGahee, M. Turner, Caddy & K. JonesWR's A. Boldin, G. Jennings, S. Moss, S. Smith(Car), R. Williams, TE's WinslowHis playersQB's D. Brees, T. Romo, RB's W. Dunn, E. Graham, B. Jacobs, J. Jones, L. Maroney, WR's D. Bowe, P. Crayton, D. Driver, D. Mason, H. Ward, TE T. GonzalezSo what do you think I should offer for Brees or Romo or do you think I should just stay with what I have.
ok. This should not be too bad. In a league where you keep nine players, there is little way that the other owner wants to keep both of his QBs. As of now, your top ten keepers are:CutlerGore, McGahee, TurnerBoldin, Jennings, Moss, Steve Smith, Williams (if Roy)WinslowIf that is Roy, I think I would offer Cutler and Jennings or Roy for Brees since you have one extra good keeper. If that is Reggie Williams, I would offer Cutler and Smith for Brees and Driver ... then drop Reggie Wiliams. You have a good team and Cutler is not bad. I would not think you had to give a ton in this deal with that team. You can afford to make that team wait it out. No way should the other owner want to keep 2 QBs in a 9 player keeper when one starts.good luck.

Passing TD 4 rushing/receiving TD 6 0.5PPR for TE/WR

Just took this team over. Thinking I need to upgrade WR corp.

Any advice helpful.

rookie picks 2.2 3.2 4.2

Losman, J.P. BUF QB

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Arrington, J.J. ARI RB

Dorsey, DeDe CIN RB

Hunt, Tony PHI RB

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB

Morris, Sammy NEP RB

Turner, Michael ATl RB

White, LenDale TEN RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

Bennett, Drew STL WR

Carter, Drew OAK WR

Curtis, Kevin PHI WR

Gage, Justin TEN WR

Hackett, D.J. CAR WR

Hagan, Derek MIA WR

Henry, Chris FA WR

Hester, Devin CHI WR

Holmes, Santiono PIT WR

Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR

Williamson, Troy JAC WR

Clark, Dallas IND TE

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE

Crosby, Mason GBP PK

Graham, Shayne CIN PK

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def

Passing TD 4 rushing/receiving TD 6 0.5PPR for TE/WRJust took this team over. Thinking I need to upgrade WR corp.Any advice helpful.rookie picks 1.2 2.2 3.2 4.2Losman, J.P. BUF QB Manning, Eli NYG QB Addai, Joseph IND RB Arrington, J.J. ARI RB Dorsey, DeDe CIN RB Hunt, Tony PHI RB Maroney, Laurence NEP RB Morris, Sammy NEP RB White, LenDale TEN RB Williams, Carnell TBB RB Bennett, Drew STL WR Berrian, Bernard MIN WR Carter, Drew OAK WR Curtis, Kevin PHI WR Gage, Justin TEN WR Hackett, D.J. CAR WRHagan, Derek MIA WR Henry, Chris FA WR Hester, Devin CHI WR Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR Williamson, Troy JAC WR Clark, Dallas IND TE Winslow, Kellen CLE TE Crosby, Mason GBP PK Graham, Shayne CIN PK Packers, Green Bay GBP Def
The two areas for concern for me are lack of WR stars and overall depth. There are a few players on the roster that should be dropped for better waiver options. QB:Eli is a good starter. You could use a decent backup. I would consider asking the Trent Edwards' owner what he would cost ... hopefully cheap. I might consider taking a rookie QB at 3.02. In most leagues, Flacco or Henne will be there.RB:Addai is a very good RB1. Maroney/SMorris is a good RB2 combo. White as RB3 and Caddy as RB4 is more than adequate. Arrington could be dropped for a better waiver option. Hunt and Dorsey are "holds" unless decent options on waiver. Getting a stud RB at 1.02 will help considerably as well. WR:Curtis, Hackett, and Berrian as starters is pretty bad (sorry to say). The rest of the WRs are decent depth guys. To me, you are only one stud WR away from really competing. I would definitely take a WR at 2.02 and 4.02. Also, I might consider trading Dallas Clark to a TE-starved team for a WR upgrade. TE:Winslow/Clark is a good combo.Since you will be drafting a good Rb at 1.02, I might look at trying to trade Maroney (and keep Morris) for a top flight WR. After his run throughout the playoffs, Maroney should be able to fetch almost any WR not named Fitzgerald or Wayne, imo. I would still consider a deal like Dallas Clark and Berrian for a guy like Cotchery if you can pull it off. Selling Maroney and getting a solid WR2 for Clark/Berrian would give you a good young team that can compete in 2008 and possibly go pretty far. First thing I would do is scour the waiver wire for upgrades to your bench. Maroney should be a hot commodity and I would not settle for a decent wr, you can get a good wr in return. Hope this helps.

Passing TD 4 rushing/receiving TD 6 0.5PPR for TE/WRJust took this team over. Thinking I need to upgrade WR corp.Any advice helpful.rookie picks 1.2 2.2 3.2 4.2Losman, J.P. BUF QB Manning, Eli NYG QB Addai, Joseph IND RB Arrington, J.J. ARI RB Dorsey, DeDe CIN RB Hunt, Tony PHI RB Maroney, Laurence NEP RB Morris, Sammy NEP RB White, LenDale TEN RB Williams, Carnell TBB RB Bennett, Drew STL WR Berrian, Bernard MIN WR Carter, Drew OAK WR Curtis, Kevin PHI WR Gage, Justin TEN WR Hackett, D.J. CAR WRHagan, Derek MIA WR Henry, Chris FA WR Hester, Devin CHI WR Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR Williamson, Troy JAC WR Clark, Dallas IND TE Winslow, Kellen CLE TE Crosby, Mason GBP PK Graham, Shayne CIN PK Packers, Green Bay GBP Def
The two areas for concern for me are lack of WR stars and overall depth. There are a few players on the roster that should be dropped for better waiver options. QB:Eli is a good starter. You could use a decent backup. I would consider asking the Trent Edwards' owner what he would cost ... hopefully cheap. I might consider taking a rookie QB at 3.02. In most leagues, Flacco or Henne will be there.RB:Addai is a very good RB1. Maroney/SMorris is a good RB2 combo. White as RB3 and Caddy as RB4 is more than adequate. Arrington could be dropped for a better waiver option. Hunt and Dorsey are "holds" unless decent options on waiver. Getting a stud RB at 1.02 will help considerably as well. WR:Curtis, Hackett, and Berrian as starters is pretty bad (sorry to say). The rest of the WRs are decent depth guys. To me, you are only one stud WR away from really competing. I would definitely take a WR at 2.02 and 4.02. Also, I might consider trading Dallas Clark to a TE-starved team for a WR upgrade. TE:Winslow/Clark is a good combo.Since you will be drafting a good Rb at 1.02, I might look at trying to trade Maroney (and keep Morris) for a top flight WR. After his run throughout the playoffs, Maroney should be able to fetch almost any WR not named Fitzgerald or Wayne, imo. I would still consider a deal like Dallas Clark and Berrian for a guy like Cotchery if you can pull it off. Selling Maroney and getting a solid WR2 for Clark/Berrian would give you a good young team that can compete in 2008 and possibly go pretty far. First thing I would do is scour the waiver wire for upgrades to your bench. Maroney should be a hot commodity and I would not settle for a decent wr, you can get a good wr in return. Hope this helps.
ThanksI just made a trade of 1.2 and BerrianForMichael Turner and Santiono Holmes. Think this was a good move?

ThanksI just made a trade of 1.2 and BerrianForMichael Turner and Santiono Holmes. Think this was a good move?
Love the deal for you

Hi Jeff,

My league recently went to a salary cap format. It's rough because in two years we'll only be able to keep $95 worth of talent. Currently, I have $125 on my roster. Should I attempt to make a deal to improve my QB situation. I was thinking of something along the lines of:

Carson Palmer ($12) and Laurence Maroney ($10) for Peyton Manning ($20)

This probably helps me this year as I'm stacked at RB. But longer term with the $95 cap I will have a hard time justifying keeping a QB. So am I better off just staying put and keeping Maroney in the out years. Also, Palmer is good value at $12. But unless he becomes a top QB again, I can't justify keeping him. Even then I may not keep a top QB. The good news is that I have 3 stud rookie RBs in McFadden, Stewart and Mendenhall all who can be kept at $3 each. Though in 2 years they each could be worth more than $10+.

So my two question are: 1) would you make this deal? 2) how would you position your roster for the long run if you were me?

My team info with starting requirements and salary cap figures is in the signature below. Thanks.

-Gandalf

You have a good team. The one question I have is whether the salaries escalate over time. The QB I would be looking to "sell" is Garrard, even though I like him. He, alone, would put you under next year's cap. Also, since it is non-PPR, I would look to pay less for WR3/4/5 (Evans and Roy). I would assume there are a bunch of WRs you could get much cheaper and save yourself some cap. My thinking is that if the salaries are static, you could get guys like Marty Booker, Gaffney, Curry, etc for $3-5 each and save some cap.

But, on your questions, I would not do that deal. If you could sell Garrard and Maroney, then I would consider that. In many leagues, Maroney is worth more than Peyton by himself.

You have a good team. The one question I have is whether the salaries escalate over time. The QB I would be looking to "sell" is Garrard, even though I like him. He, alone, would put you under next year's cap. Also, since it is non-PPR, I would look to pay less for WR3/4/5 (Evans and Roy). I would assume there are a bunch of WRs you could get much cheaper and save yourself some cap. My thinking is that if the salaries are static, you could get guys like Marty Booker, Gaffney, Curry, etc for $3-5 each and save some cap.But, on your questions, I would not do that deal. If you could sell Garrard and Maroney, then I would consider that. In many leagues, Maroney is worth more than Peyton by himself.
Good question. The salaries increase and decrease annually based on yahoo!sports salary cap game. Basically, young players having a good year can increase dramatically (Adrian Peterson is now $15). Salaries of older players with more of a track record is more fixed (i.e., a few poor games isn't going to decrease Peyton Manning's salary much below $20). Garrard definitely won't be on my team. My current keepers are:QB: Palmer RB: Jackson, Lynch, Maroney, Turner, McFadden, Stewart, MendenhallWR: Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Calvin JohnsonTE: GatesI like your thought about paying less for WRs 3-5. That would allow me to keep Palmer long term. RBs are critical in this league becaues we start 3. Also, they tend to get hurt obviously, so I like having a stable of backs. I've got 3 good looking rookies, but who knows who will emerge in two years. I'll keep all three if I can.What type of salary breakdown should I allocate to the 3 positions assuming $95 in 2010? Assuming that Palmer is a good long term hold my thought was something like 60% for RBs, 20% for QBs, and 20% for WRs. Does that make sense?

You have a good team. The one question I have is whether the salaries escalate over time. The QB I would be looking to "sell" is Garrard, even though I like him. He, alone, would put you under next year's cap. Also, since it is non-PPR, I would look to pay less for WR3/4/5 (Evans and Roy). I would assume there are a bunch of WRs you could get much cheaper and save yourself some cap. My thinking is that if the salaries are static, you could get guys like Marty Booker, Gaffney, Curry, etc for $3-5 each and save some cap.But, on your questions, I would not do that deal. If you could sell Garrard and Maroney, then I would consider that. In many leagues, Maroney is worth more than Peyton by himself.
Good question. The salaries increase and decrease annually based on yahoo!sports salary cap game. Basically, young players having a good year can increase dramatically (Adrian Peterson is now $15). Salaries of older players with more of a track record is more fixed (i.e., a few poor games isn't going to decrease Peyton Manning's salary much below $20). Garrard definitely won't be on my team. My current keepers are:QB: Palmer RB: Jackson, Lynch, Maroney, Turner, McFadden, Stewart, MendenhallWR: Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Calvin JohnsonTE: GatesI like your thought about paying less for WRs 3-5. That would allow me to keep Palmer long term. RBs are critical in this league becaues we start 3. Also, they tend to get hurt obviously, so I like having a stable of backs. I've got 3 good looking rookies, but who knows who will emerge in two years. I'll keep all three if I can.What type of salary breakdown should I allocate to the 3 positions assuming $95 in 2010? Assuming that Palmer is a good long term hold my thought was something like 60% for RBs, 20% for QBs, and 20% for WRs. Does that make sense?
I would invest the most in RBs, which is obvious. They have the most value and RB depth never goes out of style. one thing i might look at in the season .. not now .... is to move gates for a guy like daniels and a high pick. That will help you save some cap. I would only invest in two or three high dollar WRs, and fill the rest with cheap players. I think you are doing a good job and would be afraid to think too much about 2010.

Hi Jeff,

As a follow up, the guy who owns Peyton Manning ($20) is thinking of rebuilding. Would this make sense for me?

Carson Palmer ($12), Michael Turner ($4, but this will rise to $10-15 next season), and Lee Evans ($9)

For

Peyton Manning ($20), Noel Devine (college stud from West Virginia--he's small, but reminds me of Barry Sanders), and Sidney Rice ($7)

My thought is that this helps solidify my QB situation for the next 3 years. And I probably can't keep Turner or Evans beyond this year because our salary cap decreases to $110 next season. Thus, I'd get a college stud who would be dirt cheap ($3) his first year in the league and better at QB for the next 2 seasons probably (until Cincy figures out it's WR situation).

Thoughts?

Thanks.

-Gandalf

Hi Jeff,As a follow up, the guy who owns Peyton Manning ($20) is thinking of rebuilding. Would this make sense for me?Carson Palmer ($12), Michael Turner ($4, but this will rise to $10-15 next season), and Lee Evans ($9)For Peyton Manning ($20), Noel Devine (college stud from West Virginia--he's small, but reminds me of Barry Sanders), and Sidney Rice ($7)My thought is that this helps solidify my QB situation for the next 3 years. And I probably can't keep Turner or Evans beyond this year because our salary cap decreases to $110 next season. Thus, I'd get a college stud who would be dirt cheap ($3) his first year in the league and better at QB for the next 2 seasons probably (until Cincy figures out it's WR situation).Thoughts?Thanks.-Gandalf
Hey,I like it. I am one of the few that think Palmer's numbers will start to decline with Henry gone, and Chad/Housh getting older. Also, the Chad situation is a concern.Manning has shown that he can do well even without Marvin.Jeff

Jeff,

In your rookie dynasty you have C. Johnson ranked 4th and Rice 9th. I thought I saw a post where you advised Rice over Johnson???

I'm next up at 1.7 and I'm having a tough time choosing between Rice and Johnson, it is a 1 PPR league.

I'm leaning toward Rice, talent over situation in dynasty. Before draft he seemed to be the #4 RB but now behind McGahee he is not in a position to start for a few years at best. Johnson seems to be a wild card, Reggie Bush like in PPR or could be a bust.

Who do you like more?

7 player keeper league, 10 teams, standard scoring with all TD's 6 points even for QB's & no PPR.

My keepers as of now

Hasselbeck, R. Brown, Addai, J. Lewis, Cotchery, R. Moss, S. Smith.

Would you do this deal my 2008 1.08 for his 2008 2.04, 2009 1st & 2009 3rd. His team will probably finish in the middle of the pack.

Also traded TJ for a 2009 2nd and that looks to be a high pick, did this trade before the draft.

Packers4ever said:
7 player keeper league, 10 teams, standard scoring with all TD's 6 points even for QB's & no PPR.My keepers as of nowHasselbeck, R. Brown, Addai, J. Lewis, Cotchery, R. Moss, S. Smith.Would you do this deal my 2008 1.08 for his 2008 2.04, 2009 1st & 2009 3rd. His team will probably finish in the middle of the pack.Also traded TJ for a 2009 2nd and that looks to be a high pick, did this trade before the draft.
I would definitely trade down to the 2.04. The picks next year more than make up for the drop this year.

Jeff, trying to figure out a fair deal to aquire Graham/Cadillac or L. White. Other team is willing to trade these RB's and needs a WR and I need a RB, so far we have not been on the same page. Looking at the rosters what do you think might be fair and help both sides. Bottom line looking to trade WR for RB it is a 1 ppr.

My Team

Brohm, Brian GBP QB - 8 $0.00

Leinart, Matt ARI QB - 7 $18.00

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB - 8 $2.00

Schaub, Matt HOU QB - 8 $6.00

Warner, Kurt ARI QB - 7 $0.00

Benson, Cedric CHI RB - 8 $80.00

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB - 4 $1.00

Hall, Andre DEN RB - 8 $0.00

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB - 8 $51.00

Jones, Kevin FA RB - - $12.00

Moore, Mewelde PIT RB - 6 $0.00

Omon, Xavier BUF RB - 6 $0.00

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB - 8 $106.00

Rice, Ray BAL RB - 10 $0.00

Burton, Keenan STL WR - 5 $0.00

Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR - 5 $20.00

Driver, Donald GBP WR - 8 $36.00

Gage, Justin TEN WR - 6 $0.00

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 8 $54.00

Kelly, Malcolm WAS WR - 10 $0.00

Rice, Sidney MIN WR - 8 $2.00

Robinson, Laurent ATL WR - 7 $1.00

Walker, Mike JAC WR - 7 $0.00

Daniels, Owen HOU TE - 8 $3.00

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE - 5 $21.00

Bironas, Rob TEN PK - 6 $1.00

Colts, Indianapolis IND Def - 4 $1.00

His Team

Edwards, Trent BUF QB - 6 $0.00

Flacco, Joe BAL QB - 10 $0.00

Manning, Eli NYG QB - 4 $8.00

Rivers, Philip SDC QB - 9 $14.00

Choice, Tashard DAL RB - 10 $0.00

Graham, Earnest TBB RB - 10 $0.00

Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB - 6 $68.00

Norwood, Jerious ATL RB - 7 $42.00

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB - 9 $0.00

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB - 9 $0.00

Turner, Michael ATL RB - 7 $51.00

Walker, Darius HOU RB - 8 $0.00

White, LenDale TEN RB - 6 $17.00

Williams, Carnell TBB RB - 10 $75.00

Caldwell, Andre CIN WR - 8 $0.00

Crayton, Patrick DAL WR - 10 $7.00

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR - 9 $17.00

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR - 7 $1.00

Jones, Brandon TEN WR - 6 $3.00

Porter, Jerry JAC WR - 7 $4.00

Simpson, Jerome CIN WR - 8 $0.00

Williams, Demetrius BAL WR - 10 $5.00

Davis, Vernon SFO TE - 9 $30.00

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE - 5 $0.00

Dawson, Phil CLE PK - 5 $0.00

Bills, Buffalo BUF Def - 6 $1.00

Jeff, trying to figure out a fair deal to aquire Graham/Cadillac or L. White. Other team is willing to trade these RB's and needs a WR and I need a RB, so far we have not been on the same page. Looking at the rosters what do you think might be fair and help both sides. Bottom line looking to trade WR for RB it is a 1 ppr.My TeamBrohm, Brian GBP QB - 8 $0.00 Leinart, Matt ARI QB - 7 $18.00 Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB - 8 $2.00 Schaub, Matt HOU QB - 8 $6.00 Warner, Kurt ARI QB - 7 $0.00 Benson, Cedric CHI RB - 8 $80.00 Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB - 4 $1.00 Hall, Andre DEN RB - 8 $0.00 Jackson, Brandon GBP RB - 8 $51.00 Jones, Kevin FA RB - - $12.00 Moore, Mewelde PIT RB - 6 $0.00 Omon, Xavier BUF RB - 6 $0.00 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB - 8 $106.00 Rice, Ray BAL RB - 10 $0.00 Burton, Keenan STL WR - 5 $0.00 Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR - 5 $20.00 Driver, Donald GBP WR - 8 $36.00 Gage, Justin TEN WR - 6 $0.00 Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 8 $54.00 Kelly, Malcolm WAS WR - 10 $0.00 Rice, Sidney MIN WR - 8 $2.00 Robinson, Laurent ATL WR - 7 $1.00 Walker, Mike JAC WR - 7 $0.00 Daniels, Owen HOU TE - 8 $3.00 Winslow, Kellen CLE TE - 5 $21.00 Bironas, Rob TEN PK - 6 $1.00 Colts, Indianapolis IND Def - 4 $1.00 His TeamEdwards, Trent BUF QB - 6 $0.00 Flacco, Joe BAL QB - 10 $0.00 Manning, Eli NYG QB - 4 $8.00 Rivers, Philip SDC QB - 9 $14.00 Choice, Tashard DAL RB - 10 $0.00 Graham, Earnest TBB RB - 10 $0.00 Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB - 6 $68.00 Norwood, Jerious ATL RB - 7 $42.00 Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB - 9 $0.00 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB - 9 $0.00 Turner, Michael ATL RB - 7 $51.00 Walker, Darius HOU RB - 8 $0.00 White, LenDale TEN RB - 6 $17.00 Williams, Carnell TBB RB - 10 $75.00 Caldwell, Andre CIN WR - 8 $0.00 Crayton, Patrick DAL WR - 10 $7.00 Jackson, Vincent SDC WR - 9 $17.00 Jenkins, Michael ATL WR - 7 $1.00 Jones, Brandon TEN WR - 6 $3.00 Porter, Jerry JAC WR - 7 $4.00 Simpson, Jerome CIN WR - 8 $0.00 Williams, Demetrius BAL WR - 10 $5.00 Davis, Vernon SFO TE - 9 $30.00 Keller, Dustin NYJ TE - 5 $0.00 Dawson, Phil CLE PK - 5 $0.00 Bills, Buffalo BUF Def - 6 $1.00
This is a tough one. The salaries make it a little more difficult.If you get Caddy, his salary is high, so you need to give up Driver in the deal. I would look at a Driver/Kelly for Graham/Caddy deal. IMO, Rice and White or Graham is close. I think the way to make the deal work would be to use Rice as the basis of the deal. If he needs/wants a starter, I would only consider Driver and not Cotch or AJ. Hope this helps.

This is a tough one. The salaries make it a little more difficult.

If you get Caddy, his salary is high, so you need to give up Driver in the deal. I would look at a Driver/Kelly for Graham/Caddy deal.

IMO, Rice and White or Graham is close. I think the way to make the deal work would be to use Rice as the basis of the deal. If he needs/wants a starter, I would only consider Driver and not Cotch or AJ.

Hope this helps.

The salaries no longer mean nothing, they are just from the initial draft, no salary cap.

This is a tough one. The salaries make it a little more difficult.If you get Caddy, his salary is high, so you need to give up Driver in the deal. I would look at a Driver/Kelly for Graham/Caddy deal. IMO, Rice and White or Graham is close. I think the way to make the deal work would be to use Rice as the basis of the deal. If he needs/wants a starter, I would only consider Driver and not Cotch or AJ. Hope this helps. The salaries no longer mean nothing, they are just from the initial draft, no salary cap.
I still would look at moving Driver, and not the two stars. He needs WR starters so Rice might not be a great value to him, unless packaged with Driver. If given the choice, I think I like the Buccaneer backs more than White. It is close, though.

Hi Jeff,As a follow up, the guy who owns Peyton Manning ($20) is thinking of rebuilding. Would this make sense for me?Carson Palmer ($12), Michael Turner ($4, but this will rise to $10-15 next season), and Lee Evans ($9)For Peyton Manning ($20), Noel Devine (college stud from West Virginia--he's small, but reminds me of Barry Sanders), and Sidney Rice ($7)My thought is that this helps solidify my QB situation for the next 3 years. And I probably can't keep Turner or Evans beyond this year because our salary cap decreases to $110 next season. Thus, I'd get a college stud who would be dirt cheap ($3) his first year in the league and better at QB for the next 2 seasons probably (until Cincy figures out it's WR situation).Thoughts?Thanks.-Gandalf
Hey,I like it. I am one of the few that think Palmer's numbers will start to decline with Henry gone, and Chad/Housh getting older. Also, the Chad situation is a concern.Manning has shown that he can do well even without Marvin.Jeff
Jeff, Here's the latest counteroffer from the owner.I'd still get: Manning 20Rice 7Devine (0 while in college, $3 when a rookie) He gets: Palmer 12Turner 4J Stewart 3Calvin Johnson 8I think this is way too much but wanted to run it by you. This owner's argument is that these guys are "backups for me and I'd be even more stacked with my starters because of the upgrade at QB. Plus, I'd still have plenty of keepers and likely would need to shed salary in the next 2-3 years anyway." We're going down to a salary of $95 in two years.While I'd like to get Manning, I don't think the difference between Manning and Palmer is worth Turner, Stewart and Calvin Johnson. That just seems crazy to me. Do you concur?

Gandalf said:
Jeff, Here's the latest counteroffer from the owner.I'd still get: Manning 20Rice 7Devine (0 while in college, $3 when a rookie) He gets: Palmer 12Turner 4J Stewart 3Calvin Johnson 8I think this is way too much but wanted to run it by you. This owner's argument is that these guys are "backups for me and I'd be even more stacked with my starters because of the upgrade at QB. Plus, I'd still have plenty of keepers and likely would need to shed salary in the next 2-3 years anyway." We're going down to a salary of $95 in two years.While I'd like to get Manning, I don't think the difference between Manning and Palmer is worth Turner, Stewart and Calvin Johnson. That just seems crazy to me. Do you concur?
horrible offer. It does not matter who is on your bench. That is like charging a rich guy more than a normal guy because he has more money in the bank. You have done a better job building a team than the other owner, keep the riches.

Users who are viewing this thread