What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (1 Viewer)

Jeff,It's my once-a-week question on free agents to add, and who to start this week. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex RB/WRCurrent roster:Big Ben, M RyanWestbrook, FWP, McGahee, Melwelde Moore, Fargas, NorwoodS Smith, Coles, Holt, Harrison, A BryantFasanoRavens DBironasFree agent RBs include Michael Pittman, Kevin Faulk, R Williams. Anyone worth picking up?Also, who would you start this week?Thanks
faulk, but only if you drop mewelde because parker's healthy ... but since it is still unknown, i would hold off for a while. You have a good team. By the way, Fargas is a good start this week. Westy, Fargas, and either a Steeler RB or Willis is a good group of rbs this week. I only like Fargas because McFadden looks to be hurt.
so, to you, Westbrook and Fargas are no-brainers, and the only toss up is between McGahee or Moore? I was thinking you would have gone with Westbrook, McGahee and Moore.Also, which two WRs would you start?
I expect Fargas to get a ton of carries if McFadden is out. Two of Harrison Coles and Bryant. I would start Coles since he has been hot. Harrison vs NE or Bryant vs KC. It is close. I might go with Bryant.
Holt should not get considered?
I guess i am down on him because he has had a string of bad games in a row.
does the fact that Parker practiced Thurs. and today make him a good start at this point?I'm making myself crazy over which two to start out of Parker, McGahee and Fargas.Also, does the fact that Reggie Wayne is iffy for his game make Harrison a better bet for stats over Antonio Bryant?I'm making myself crazy over which 2 to start out of Coles, Holt, Harrison and Bryant.Thanks for putting up with my neurotic coaching ways!!! :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,It's my once-a-week question on free agents to add, and who to start this week. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex RB/WRCurrent roster:Big Ben, M RyanWestbrook, FWP, McGahee, Melwelde Moore, Fargas, NorwoodS Smith, Coles, Holt, Harrison, A BryantFasanoRavens DBironasFree agent RBs include Michael Pittman, Kevin Faulk, R Williams. Anyone worth picking up?Also, who would you start this week?Thanks
faulk, but only if you drop mewelde because parker's healthy ... but since it is still unknown, i would hold off for a while. You have a good team. By the way, Fargas is a good start this week. Westy, Fargas, and either a Steeler RB or Willis is a good group of rbs this week. I only like Fargas because McFadden looks to be hurt.
so, to you, Westbrook and Fargas are no-brainers, and the only toss up is between McGahee or Moore? I was thinking you would have gone with Westbrook, McGahee and Moore.Also, which two WRs would you start?
I expect Fargas to get a ton of carries if McFadden is out. Two of Harrison Coles and Bryant. I would start Coles since he has been hot. Harrison vs NE or Bryant vs KC. It is close. I might go with Bryant.
Holt should not get considered?
I guess i am down on him because he has had a string of bad games in a row.
does the fact that Parker practiced Thurs. and today make him a good start at this point?I'm making myself crazy over which two to start out of Parker, McGahee and Fargas.Also, does the fact that Reggie Wayne is iffy for his game make Harrison a better bet for stats over Antonio Bryant?I'm making myself crazy over which 2 to start out of Coles, Holt, Harrison and Bryant.Thanks for putting up with my neurotic coaching ways!!! :excited:
I read where Willis is questionable .. so go with Parker and Fargas. Coles and Harrison should be fine.

Hi jeff, I am in a 14 team redraft league we start 1Rb, 3Wr and a flex, no Te. For RBs I have MBIII, F.Jones, BJGE, LJ, Kev.Smith, M.Moore. For Wrs I have Bowe, Winslow, Bruce, Holt.

I was offered Parker and Cotchery for MBIII. What do you think? Parker and MBIII both have brutal playoff schedules. I am somehow in 2nd place right now. Do you think if Parker is healthy he will be the guy or a 50/50-60/40 with Moore regardless. I could use the WR help but I am not sure if this is the right trade. I was thining of countering Moore for Cotchery, but I do know that he would take it.

Hi jeff, I am in a 14 team redraft league we start 1Rb, 3Wr and a flex, no Te. For RBs I have MBIII, F.Jones, BJGE, LJ, Kev.Smith, M.Moore. For Wrs I have Bowe, Winslow, Bruce, Holt.I was offered Parker and Cotchery for MBIII. What do you think? Parker and MBIII both have brutal playoff schedules. I am somehow in 2nd place right now. Do you think if Parker is healthy he will be the guy or a 50/50-60/40 with Moore regardless. I could use the WR help but I am not sure if this is the right trade. I was thining of countering Moore for Cotchery, but I do know that he would take it.
I do not like it for you. In 14 team leagues, RBs are so hard to come by. I think I would package Mewelde and a WR like Winslow or Bruce for Cotch.

Jeff need to pick a kicker.

I currently own Suisham, but availble is Gould, Lindell, K Brown, Prater, and Rackers.

My opponent is starting Warner, Boldin, and Hightower.

14 team dynasty league, standard scoring no PPR, starting lineup 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex(RB, WR or TE).

My roster

QB's McNabb, Garcia, Croyle,

RB's McGahee, S. Jackson, Portis, C. Perry

WR's Wayne, Bowe, J. Walker, Galloway, DeSean Jackson, E. Royal

TE's Winslow, V. Davis. M. Lewis

K Matt Prater

DEF Tennesee

His Team

QB T. Edwards, M. Ryan

RB L. Johnson, J. Charles, DeAngelo Williams, C. Benson, P. Thomas, C. Williams, Michael Bush, Kevin Smith, Felix Jones

WR T. Holt, J. Morgan, Roy Williams, Santana Moss,

TE Kevin Boss, Jason Witten

PK Ryan Lidell

Def Giants

Would you trade Winslow and D. Jackson for Witten and C. Benson?

Hi Jeff,

Possible trade potential

Guy in my league has

RB

Jones Drew

Felix Jones

McFadden

M Moore

WR

Boldin

Evans

V Jackson

M Colston

My team is in signature

He's looking for RB help I think I could get Colston but want to know what I should offer.

Any suggestions?

Note Rosters are position fixed so the swaps have to have equal numbers at each position on both sides.

(i.e. we carry 4rb's 4wr's etc.)

PS his QB's are Rivers and Edwards, TE's LJ Smith and Z Miller. (He won't trade Rivers)

Thanks for the help in advance.

14 team dynasty league, standard scoring no PPR, starting lineup 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex(RB, WR or TE).My rosterQB's McNabb, Garcia, Croyle, RB's McGahee, S. Jackson, Portis, C. PerryWR's Wayne, Bowe, J. Walker, Galloway, DeSean Jackson, E. RoyalTE's Winslow, V. Davis. M. LewisK Matt PraterDEF TenneseeHis TeamQB T. Edwards, M. Ryan RB L. Johnson, J. Charles, DeAngelo Williams, C. Benson, P. Thomas, C. Williams, Michael Bush, Kevin Smith, Felix JonesWR T. Holt, J. Morgan, Roy Williams, Santana Moss, TE Kevin Boss, Jason Witten PK Ryan LidellDef GiantsWould you trade Winslow and D. Jackson for Witten and C. Benson?
I like most of the deal, but would want a better rb than benson. I would ask for Charles, Kevin Smith or Felix Jones. Witten is a lot better than winslow, but you lose a week of production with the witten bye.

Hi Jeff,Possible trade potentialGuy in my league has RBJones DrewFelix JonesMcFaddenM MooreWR BoldinEvansV JacksonM ColstonMy team is in signatureHe's looking for RB help I think I could get Colston but want to know what I should offer. Any suggestions?Note Rosters are position fixed so the swaps have to have equal numbers at each position on both sides.(i.e. we carry 4rb's 4wr's etc.)PS his QB's are Rivers and Edwards, TE's LJ Smith and Z Miller. (He won't trade Rivers)Thanks for the help in advance.
I think I would look at offering Stewart and Holt for Felix and Colston.

Hey Jeff,

Got another for ya.

My QB's are Romo & Schaub

With Romo on BYE (one more week?) and Schaub hurt do I:

cut Schaub and..

-Pick up Rosenfels (playing BAL this week) and play him

or

-risk it and pick up Thigpen (playing SD) this week and play him

I should be playing Romo the rest of the way but I think Rosenfels is a better option if Romo misses any more time.

but is the Thigpen matchup that much better for this week?

Also my team is 4-5 so a win is almost to the point of needed.

Thanks as always,

Hey Jeff,Got another for ya.My QB's are Romo & SchaubWith Romo on BYE (one more week?) and Schaub hurt do I:cut Schaub and..-Pick up Rosenfels (playing BAL this week) and play himor -risk it and pick up Thigpen (playing SD) this week and play himI should be playing Romo the rest of the way but I think Rosenfels is a better option if Romo misses any more time.but is the Thigpen matchup that much better for this week?Also my team is 4-5 so a win is almost to the point of needed.Thanks as always,
I think I would roll with Thigpen right now. I do not like QBs facing Baltimore. He has a better chance at 250 yds and 2 TDs

Couple of WW questions for you Jeff

Ray Rice or Jonathan Stewart going forward?

Derrick Mason or Rashied Davis going forward?

The Bears v Titans

or

The JAGS (who have SUCKED) @ Detroit this week?

Rian Lindell @ NE or Kaeding v KC this week?

THANKS JEFF--more questions to come no doubt!

Ray Rice or Jonathan Stewart going forward? rice ...he is more proven

Derrick Mason or Rashied Davis going forward? mason. definitely the wr1 for the team

The Bears v Titans

or

The JAGS (who have SUCKED) @ Detroit this week? JAGS

Rian Lindell @ NE or Kaeding v KC this week? Kaeding

Jeff Tefertiller said:

Derrick Mason or Rashied Davis going forward? mason. definitely the wr1 for the team

---I like Mason too, but I would have to drop one of the guys below....who & is it still worth it?

*TO

*Jennings

*Cotchery

*Bryant

*Royal

---This is where my problem lies---do I stand pat! These guys are pretty good----

*Or I can drop the Jags for Mason--but am I over thinking it all and I should chill with the 5 I have?

The Bears v Titans

or

---I guess you like the Jags this week b/c they are facing the Lions, but they failed me when I started them for the Bears bye week and they weren't any better against the other team from OHIO this week. Granted, they should be!

I don't need to carry 2 defenses but if I'm going to it needs to be based on schedule so here we go....the Bears are no doubt my #1 right now.

The Jags The DOLPHINS

wk 10 @DET wk 10 vSEA

wk 11 vTEN wk 11 vOAK

wk 12 vMIN wk 12 vNE

wk 13 @HOU wk 13 vSTL

I forgot about my other team Nick Folk is on his bye and I don't want to drop him so I'm going to have to scoop up a kicker & drop Mewelde Moore with Parker back...her are the guys available and feel free to tell me I'm crazy to keep Folk. As always I respect your opinion Jeff.

Prater (5-50yds) @ CLE

Lindell @ NE

Rackers v SF

Carney @ PHI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff i need a rb this week which one is better

Ray Rice @ HOU

Jamaal Charles @ SD

Leon Washington

And which Kicker do you like

Rob Birones @ CHI

Rob Gould vs TEN

Hey Jeff,Got another for ya.My QB's are Romo & SchaubWith Romo on BYE (one more week?) and Schaub hurt do I:cut Schaub and..-Pick up Rosenfels (playing BAL this week) and play himor -risk it and pick up Thigpen (playing SD) this week and play himI should be playing Romo the rest of the way but I think Rosenfels is a better option if Romo misses any more time.but is the Thigpen matchup that much better for this week?Also my team is 4-5 so a win is almost to the point of needed.Thanks as always,
I think I would roll with Thigpen right now. I do not like QBs facing Baltimore. He has a better chance at 250 yds and 2 TDs
Hey Jeff more options:OR Culpepper vs JAXOR Quinn vs DENOR Leftwich VS IND (If Rothlisberger is out)

Hey Jeff more options:OR Culpepper vs JAXOR Quinn vs DENOR Leftwich VS IND (If Rothlisberger is out)
\i think i like quinn vs denver .... pennington threw for a ton of yards last week and champ bailey is out

Jeff Tefertiller said:

---I like Mason too, but I would have to drop one of the guys below....who & is it still worth it?

*TO

*Jennings

*Cotchery

*Bryant

*Royal

---This is where my problem lies---do I stand pat! These guys are pretty good----

*Or I can drop the Jags for Mason--but am I over thinking it all and I should chill with the 5 I have? drop jags defense for mason

The Bears v Titans

or

---I guess you like the Jags this week b/c they are facing the Lions, but they failed me when I started them for the Bears bye week and they weren't any better against the other team from OHIO this week. Granted, they should be!

I don't need to carry 2 defenses but if I'm going to it needs to be based on schedule so here we go....the Bears are no doubt my #1 right now.

The Jags The DOLPHINS

wk 10 @DET wk 10 vSEA

wk 11 vTEN wk 11 vOAK

wk 12 vMIN wk 12 vNE

wk 13 @HOU wk 13 vSTL

I forgot about my other team Nick Folk is on his bye and I don't want to drop him so I'm going to have to scoop up a kicker & drop Mewelde Moore with Parker back...her are the guys available and feel free to tell me I'm crazy to keep Folk. As always I respect your opinion Jeff.

Prater (5-50yds) @ CLE

Lindell @ NE

Rackers v SF

Carney @ PHI

i like rackers vs SF

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time for a new post.....that other one was getting pretty messy...sorry

TEAM ONE

QB

Delhomme @ Oakland or Frerotte v Green Bay

RB--Need 2

Chris Johnson @ CHI

M Turner v NO

R Rice @ HOU

WR--Need 3

Jennings @ MINN

Cotchery v STL

Royal @ CLE

TO & A Bryant are on their byes.....

I told you that Mason was available on the WW....you suggested that I DROP the Jags Defense and scoop him up.

Michael Jenkins is also available and faces my Saints secondary this week....I don't know if he is a better long term option than Mason.

But, I have Ray Rice and I don't like having too many guys from one team.....

PLEASE, PLEASE ADVISE! :thumbup:

Taking both of these possibilities into account I still need 3 WR's from the 3 above and either Mason or Jenkins.

K

Lindell v NE

Rackers v SF

Dropping the Jags leaves me with the Bears v TENN---should I feel okay about this matchup? Not that I have a choice...lol :bag:

THANKS

puddy said:
Time for a new post.....that other one was getting pretty messy...sorry

TEAM ONE

QB

Delhomme @ Oakland or Frerotte v Green Bay Jake

RB--Need 2

Chris Johnson @ CHI

M Turner v NO

R Rice @ HOU

Johnson and Turner. If Rice does start, I might sit Turner.

WR--Need 3

Jennings @ MINN

Cotchery v STL

Royal @ CLE

TO & A Bryant are on their byes.....

I told you that Mason was available on the WW....you suggested that I DROP the Jags Defense and scoop him up.

Michael Jenkins is also available and faces my Saints secondary this week....I don't know if he is a better long term option than Mason.

But, I have Ray Rice and I don't like having too many guys from one team.....

PLEASE, PLEASE ADVISE! ;)

Taking both of these possibilities into account I still need 3 WR's from the 3 above and either Mason or Jenkins. royal vs mason is a close one. I think you go with mason, but is close.

K

Lindell v NE

Rackers v SF i like rackers

Dropping the Jags leaves me with the Bears v TENN---should I feel okay about this matchup? Not that I have a choice...lol start chicago and hope for a hester td. the issue is that the titans do not turn it over much and are not sacked much.

:hophead:

THANKS

TEAM TWO

WARNER v SF

RIVERS v KC

RB (2)

Slaton v Ravens (SCARY :no: )

Hightower v SF

LT v KC :shrug:

WR (3)

Wayne @ PITT

Royal @ CLE

Camarillo v SEA

S Holmes v INDY

DeSean Jackson v GIANTS

I'm going to drop M Moore now for either a WR/RB here are my WW options

Jenkins v NO

Avery @ NYJ

Jamall Charles @ SD

Ryan Torain @ CLE (Do you believe the hype?)

****PLUS I need a FLEX RB/WR from the lists above****

Or do I stand pat with who I have and drop Moore for a kicker ( I have Nick Folk on his bye)

Do I need to worry about losing him to another team or do I drop him for a new kicker and take my chances in order to pick up one of the 3 above for Moore?

K

Prater @ CLE

Hanson v Jax

DEF

VIKES v PACKERS

RAVENS @ HOUSTON

TE (1)

Daniels v BAL

Scaife @ CHI

Shiancoe v GB

Brent Celek v GIANTS

THANKS JEFF!

Hope you got out to VOTE today!

TEAM TWO

WARNER v SF

RIVERS v KC warner

RB (2)

Slaton v Ravens (SCARY :lmao: )

Hightower v SF

LT v KC :shrug: hightower, lt

WR (3)

Wayne @ PITT

Royal @ CLE

Camarillo v SEA

S Holmes v INDY

DeSean Jackson v GIANTS royal, desean, and both holmes or camarillo to cover the flex. wayne scares me. he cannot get it going and plays a tough defense.

I'm going to drop M Moore now for either a WR/RB here are my WW options

Jenkins v NO

Avery @ NYJ

Jamall Charles @ SD

Ryan Torain @ CLE (Do you believe the hype?)

****PLUS I need a FLEX RB/WR from the lists above****

Or do I stand pat with who I have and drop Moore for a kicker ( I have Nick Folk on his bye)

Do I need to worry about losing him to another team or do I drop him for a new kicker and take my chances in order to pick up one of the 3 above for Moore? i would drop hanson (from below) for avery or charles, preferably avery.

K

Prater @ CLE

Hanson v Jax prater

DEF

VIKES v PACKERS

RAVENS @ HOUSTON ravens with the way sage throws picks

TE (1)

Daniels v BAL

Scaife @ CHI

Shiancoe v GB

Brent Celek v GIANTS celek if lj smith is out. if not, i would look at daniels, even with the bad matchup

THANKS JEFF!

Hope you got out to VOTE today!
i hope i covered them all. let me know if not.

GREAT JOB JEFF......

Missed just a couple...

WR--Need 3

Jennings @ MINN

Cotchery v STL

Royal @ CLE

Mason @ HOU

Jenkins v NO

RANK EM PLEASE!

Keep Nick Folk, drop Moore to grab Prater to cover for his bye week?

or

Drop Nick Folk for Prater and Moore for Avery?

That's it my friend NO MORE questions for this week.

You are a patient soul and I thank you!

FYI :rolleyes:

Here are my team records so far:

Team 1 = 7-2 (1st place)

Team 2 = 8-1 (2nd place)

GREAT JOB JEFF......

Missed just a couple...

WR--Need 3

Jennings @ MINN

Cotchery v STL

Royal @ CLE

Mason @ HOU

Jenkins v NO

jennings, cotch, mason, royal ...................jenkins (had one fluke game)

RANK EM PLEASE!

Keep Nick Folk, drop Moore to grab Prater to cover for his bye week?

or

Drop Nick Folk for Prater and Moore for Avery? yes, drop folk and moore for avery and prater ...

That's it my friend NO MORE questions for this week.

You are a patient soul and I thank you!

FYI :lmao:

Here are my team records so far:

Team 1 = 7-2 (1st place)

Team 2 = 8-1 (2nd place)

hey Jeff. Lost my game this past week, due in no small part to having McGahee in my lineup and getting no touches, Fargas and the Raiders getting crushed, and Big Ben going out after the half. I'm now 4-5, logjammed with 4 other teams vying for a playoff spot.

Current roster:

Big Ben, Ryan

Westy, FWP, McGahee, Norwood, M Moore, Buckhalter, Fargas

S Smith, Coles, Holt, Harrison, A Bryant

Fasano

Bironas

Ravens D

Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE ........

My first concern is Big Ben and his injury. Also, past, Steve Smith, I'm not getting enough consistency from my WRs, with the exception of maybe Bryant.

So, would you go after another QB like Rosenfels, Frerotte, B Quinn or Thigpen, and if so, who would you drop?

Secondly, would you go after a FA like Camarillo, K Curtis, M Jenkins, etc. ?

hey Jeff. Lost my game this past week, due in no small part to having McGahee in my lineup and getting no touches, Fargas and the Raiders getting crushed, and Big Ben going out after the half. I'm now 4-5, logjammed with 4 other teams vying for a playoff spot.Current roster:Big Ben, RyanWesty, FWP, McGahee, Norwood, M Moore, Buckhalter, FargasS Smith, Coles, Holt, Harrison, A BryantFasanoBironasRavens DStart 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE ........My first concern is Big Ben and his injury. Also, past, Steve Smith, I'm not getting enough consistency from my WRs, with the exception of maybe Bryant.So, would you go after another QB like Rosenfels, Frerotte, B Quinn or Thigpen, and if so, who would you drop?Secondly, would you go after a FA like Camarillo, K Curtis, M Jenkins, etc. ?
i would start quinn or Ryan .. but it is close this week. At WR, it is a coinflip. I would prob drop Holt for Camarillo .....

Hi Jeff,

I need a little bit of line-up advice regarding waivers for tonight.

1 pt/10yds rush/rec, 1pt/25 yds throwing, 6pts all TDs

6-3 overall, 3rd place overall, 3-0 division, 1st in division, 3 out of 4 remaining games are division games, and the 2nd place in division is only 1 game back from me.

QB: J Cutler, D Garrard

RB: J Addai, M Turner, C Johnson(ten), R Bush, D Rhodes

WR: T Owens, R Wayne, J Cotchery, B Engram

TE: J Shockey, Shiancoe

PK: J Elam

TD: Bills

I am looking at trying to sort out my WR4/TE.

Shiancoe was a nice surprise with his TD this weekend, but I am completely stumped as to what the h**l I I'm going to do with Shockey. From Gates to Shiancoe, one is only looking at an avg of 3 FF pts/game difference, but I want upside. This is my main reason for keeping Shockey.

Otoh, I was thinking of dumping both and picking up Celek. I just dont see how LJ Smith can keep coming up short and having Reid play him, but Smith is still targeted more in the RZ. K Boss and R Royal are also available, but I dont really see anyone as an upgrade. I just want someone in that position who is going to give me 3-6 pts/game, with the good chance of a TD every couple of weeks. Guys like Lewis, Olsen, Carlson are gone. The WW in this league is picked pretty thin at all positions.

As for my WR4, Engram, I just can't keep hoping for this situaiton to improve. I let M Jones walk b/c I was clinging to Engram, and I'm pretty much done waiting. With TO on a bye this week, I need someone with upside, so I've been thinking M Walker, Bradley, McDonald, Clayton (bal) - *anyone* but Engram.

If I dump one of my extra TEs, I was going to pick up a DST to play matchups with down the stretch, most likely the Colts and whoever I can get, or simply keep the Bills.

I would just like to know your thoughts on helping me make some sound decisions this week to make that final push into the playoffs.

hey Jeff. Lost my game this past week, due in no small part to having McGahee in my lineup and getting no touches, Fargas and the Raiders getting crushed, and Big Ben going out after the half. I'm now 4-5, logjammed with 4 other teams vying for a playoff spot.Current roster:Big Ben, RyanWesty, FWP, McGahee, Norwood, M Moore, Buckhalter, FargasS Smith, Coles, Holt, Harrison, A BryantFasanoBironasRavens DStart 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE ........My first concern is Big Ben and his injury. Also, past, Steve Smith, I'm not getting enough consistency from my WRs, with the exception of maybe Bryant.So, would you go after another QB like Rosenfels, Frerotte, B Quinn or Thigpen, and if so, who would you drop?Secondly, would you go after a FA like Camarillo, K Curtis, M Jenkins, etc. ?
i would start quinn or Ryan .. but it is close this week. At WR, it is a coinflip. I would prob drop Holt for Camarillo .....
I don't have Quinn yet. I'd have to pick him up. Holt for Camarillo? Wow

check out holts last few games ....

Hi Jeff,

I need a little bit of line-up advice regarding waivers for tonight.

1 pt/10yds rush/rec, 1pt/25 yds throwing, 6pts all TDs

6-3 overall, 3rd place overall, 3-0 division, 1st in division, 3 out of 4 remaining games are division games, and the 2nd place in division is only 1 game back from me.

QB: J Cutler, D Garrard

RB: J Addai, M Turner, C Johnson(ten), R Bush, D Rhodes

WR: T Owens, R Wayne, J Cotchery, B Engram

TE: J Shockey, Shiancoe

PK: J Elam

TD: Bills

I am looking at trying to sort out my WR4/TE.

Shiancoe was a nice surprise with his TD this weekend, but I am completely stumped as to what the h**l I I'm going to do with Shockey. From Gates to Shiancoe, one is only looking at an avg of 3 FF pts/game difference, but I want upside. This is my main reason for keeping Shockey.

Otoh, I was thinking of dumping both and picking up Celek. I just dont see how LJ Smith can keep coming up short and having Reid play him, but Smith is still targeted more in the RZ. K Boss and R Royal are also available, but I dont really see anyone as an upgrade. I just want someone in that position who is going to give me 3-6 pts/game, with the good chance of a TD every couple of weeks. Guys like Lewis, Olsen, Carlson are gone. The WW in this league is picked pretty thin at all positions.

As for my WR4, Engram, I just can't keep hoping for this situaiton to improve. I let M Jones walk b/c I was clinging to Engram, and I'm pretty much done waiting. With TO on a bye this week, I need someone with upside, so I've been thinking M Walker, Bradley, McDonald, Clayton (bal) - *anyone* but Engram.

If I dump one of my extra TEs, I was going to pick up a DST to play matchups with down the stretch, most likely the Colts and whoever I can get, or simply keep the Bills.

I would just like to know your thoughts on helping me make some sound decisions this week to make that final push into the playoffs.
At TE, I think I might hold tight. I think I would ride Shockey for now if he is healthy, which he should be. On Celek, I do not know Smith's health yet. I do not like Royal or Boss consistently. WR4 is a concern. I would look at Bradley or McDonald. For this week, I think I like Bradley since I do not know what to expect from Culpepper at QB.

For waiver defenses, I really like AZ the next two weeks.

check out holts last few games ....
are you saying out of all the FA QBs, Quinn would be the one you'd pick up? Over Rosenfels? And, if so, who would you drop to get him?Thanks

Hi Jeff,

I've got a bunch of players going against Baltimore this week. I probably can't find a better option at TE than Daniels, but I'm wondering if I can do better at RB and WR. Standard scoring, non-PPR:

Would you start Slaton (vs. BAL) over any of these RBs?

Jacobs (@PHI)

Faulk (vs. BUF)

Rice (@HOU)

Would you start Andre Johnson (vs. BAL) over either of these WRs?

Colston (@ATL)

Edwards (vs. DEN)

Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

I've got a bunch of players going against Baltimore this week. I probably can't find a better option at TE than Daniels, but I'm wondering if I can do better at RB and WR. Standard scoring, non-PPR:

Jacobs (@PHI)

Faulk (vs. BUF)

Rice (@HOU)

Colston (@ATL)

Edwards (vs. DEN)

Thanks!
I think I would play both Texans ...

Jeff,

I have TE problems on a 14 team dynasty salary PPR league.

Currently have M. Lewis, Heap, and McMichael on IR for next year.

Would you prefer Crumpler or Celek over Heap? Either way I will need to drop Heap before next season to get rid of his high salary.

Also PPR dynasty WR who has the most value J. Reed, Parrish or C. Henry?

Jeff,I have TE problems on a 14 team dynasty salary PPR league.Currently have M. Lewis, Heap, and McMichael on IR for next year.Would you prefer Crumpler or Celek over Heap? Either way I will need to drop Heap before next season to get rid of his high salary.Also PPR dynasty WR who has the most value J. Reed, Parrish or C. Henry?
I would dump Heap for Celek just because LJ SMith only signed a one-year deal. At WR, I would go with Chris Henry (CIN) since Housh will be a free agent this offseason. When Palmer is back, Henry has a lot more value than these other two.

10 team, 15 position, auction keeper league, $200 auction cap: performance scoring, 1/2pt/rec, all TD's 6pts- start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,K,D

Champ keeps 1 player, runnerup 2, playoff teams 3 and the rest 4. We have a 3 F/A move limit to go with injury moves.

The champ in my $ league the last 2 seasons, I am going through a rough spell this year. At 3-6 with 4 games to go though, I am only 1 game behind the 2nd place/wildcard team in my division.

The 7-2 leader in the other division (team A) just proposed the following trade:

Manning and Lynch for Westbrook and Gonzalez

Team A (him)

Manning,P- $44.00

Quinn- $7.00 KEEPER

Rivers- $4.00 KEEPER

Barber- $15.00 KEEPER

Lynch- $18.00 KEEPER

White- $11.00

Cotchery- $23.00

Jennings- $13.00

Owens- $46.00

Bennett

Shockey-9 $7.00

Smith,L.J.- $6.00

Akers- $1.00

Carney

Buccaneers- $2.00

Team B (me)

O'Sullivan

Pennington- $6.00

Buckhalter

Gore- $53.00

Johnson,Rudi

Westbrook- $51.00 KEEPER

Bowe- $5.00

Welker- $20.00

White- $3.00

Gonzalez- $15.00

Kaeding- $3.00

Scobee- $1.00

Jaguars- $5.00

Packers- $2.00

Titans- $0.00

To consider:

-I'm still in the playoff/$ hunt. Manning is a significant upgrade for the stretch drive on one hand, but not priced for keeping on the other.

-Lynch is priced and valued for keeping but a significant dropoff from Westy this year.

-Westbrook isn't a cheap keeper value, but top RB1's have broken the $100 mark in this league!

-I wouldn't be keeping Gonzo but need a TE in return to be competitive.

Outside of tossing in a D in exchange for Shockey to field a lineup (no F/A moves left) I'm considering asking for Rivers instead of Manning. A toss up here on out, Rivers gives me the keeper value though, should I not make the playoffs.

Why not, right? Your thoughts? :lmao:

10 team, 15 position, auction keeper league, $200 auction cap: performance scoring, 1/2pt/rec, all TD's 6pts- start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,K,D

Champ keeps 1 player, runnerup 2, playoff teams 3 and the rest 4. We have a 3 F/A move limit to go with injury moves.

The champ in my $ league the last 2 seasons, I am going through a rough spell this year. At 3-6 with 4 games to go though, I am only 1 game behind the 2nd place/wildcard team in my division.

The 7-2 leader in the other division (team A) just proposed the following trade:

Team A (him)

Manning,P- $44.00

Quinn- $7.00 KEEPER

Rivers- $4.00 KEEPER

Barber- $15.00 KEEPER

Lynch- $18.00 KEEPER

White- $11.00

Cotchery- $23.00

Jennings- $13.00

Owens- $46.00

Bennett

Shockey-9 $7.00

Smith,L.J.- $6.00

Akers- $1.00

Carney

Buccaneers- $2.00

Team B (me)

O'Sullivan

Pennington- $6.00

Buckhalter

Gore- $53.00

Johnson,Rudi

Westbrook- $51.00 KEEPER

Bowe- $5.00

Welker- $20.00

White- $3.00

Gonzalez- $15.00

Kaeding- $3.00

Scobee- $1.00

Jaguars- $5.00

Packers- $2.00

Titans- $0.00

To consider:

-I'm still in the playoff/$ hunt. Manning is a significant upgrade for the stretch drive on one hand, but not priced for keeping on the other.

-Lynch is priced and valued for keeping but a significant dropoff from Westy this year.

-Westbrook isn't a cheap keeper value, but top RB1's have broken the $100 mark in this league!

Outside of tossing in a D in exchange for Shockey to field a lineup (no F/A moves left) I'm considering asking for Rivers instead of Manning. A toss up here on out, Rivers gives me the keeper value though, should I not make the playoffs.

Why not, right? Your thoughts? :goodposting:
I think I might wait a week to see if you are out of contention. Penny has a great matchup this week. The other cheap guy on his roster is Jennings. Can he be kept? Your team is close and I do not think Manning helps you much this year. Rivers is questionable, but gives you a longterm qb for the future.

Jeff Tefertiller said:
wide left said:

Team A (him)

Manning,P- $44.00

Quinn- $7.00 KEEPER

Rivers- $4.00 KEEPER

Barber- $15.00 KEEPER

Lynch- $18.00 KEEPER

White- $11.00

Cotchery- $23.00

Jennings- $13.00

Owens- $46.00

Bennett

Shockey-9 $7.00

Smith,L.J.- $6.00

Akers- $1.00

Carney

Buccaneers- $2.00

Team B (me)

O'Sullivan

Pennington- $6.00

Buckhalter

Gore- $53.00

Johnson,Rudi

Westbrook- $51.00 KEEPER

Bowe- $5.00

Welker- $20.00

White- $3.00

Gonzalez- $15.00

Kaeding- $3.00

Scobee- $1.00

Jaguars- $5.00

Packers- $2.00

Titans- $0.00

To consider:

Why not, right? Your thoughts? :popcorn:
I think I might wait a week to see if you are out of contention. Penny has a great matchup this week. The other cheap guy on his roster is Jennings. Can he be kept? Your team is close and I do not think Manning helps you much this year. Rivers is questionable, but gives you a longterm qb for the future.
Rivers is questionable how? Top 10 QB keeper for $4.00. The question is where do you see Lynch's value from a keeper perspective when measured against Westbrook/Gore? Top 5? ...10 next season?I happen to think mine is a competitive roster here on out. Starting out with Hasselbeck/Garcia AND having Westbrook get dinged was alot to overcome. But if I don't win this weekend I'll have to come back with something...

Jeff Tefertiller said:
wide left said:

Team A (him)

Manning,P- $44.00

Quinn- $7.00 KEEPER

Rivers- $4.00 KEEPER

Barber- $15.00 KEEPER

Lynch- $18.00 KEEPER

White- $11.00

Cotchery- $23.00

Jennings- $13.00

Owens- $46.00

Bennett

Shockey-9 $7.00

Smith,L.J.- $6.00

Akers- $1.00

Carney

Buccaneers- $2.00

Team B (me)

O'Sullivan

Pennington- $6.00

Buckhalter

Gore- $53.00

Johnson,Rudi

Westbrook- $51.00 KEEPER

Bowe- $5.00

Welker- $20.00

White- $3.00

Gonzalez- $15.00

Kaeding- $3.00

Scobee- $1.00

Jaguars- $5.00

Packers- $2.00

Titans- $0.00

To consider:

Why not, right? Your thoughts? :bs:
Rivers is questionable how? Top 10 QB keeper for $4.00. The question is where do you see Lynch's value from a keeper perspective when measured against Westbrook/Gore? Top 5? ...10 next season?I happen to think mine is a competitive roster here on out. Starting out with Hasselbeck/Garcia AND having Westbrook get dinged was alot to overcome. But if I don't win this weekend I'll have to come back with something...
First of all, on Rivers being questionable longterm, he has put up top numbers in one season ... this one. The question is whether he can duplicate. I happen to think his passing numbers were the result of less reliance on the run with LT nicked up and getting older. I like Wsetbrook to win now, and am waiting for Lynch to emerge. I am apprehensive of him becoming a star. Yes, I think he can be a good RB2. But westbrook is a premier RB1. Longterm, it is probably a good deal.

I hear you on getting torched by Hasselbeck's ineffectiveness and injury. That, and the Westbrook injury, were alot to overcome.

The trade, with Rivers, does free up a lot of cap space to bid on players next year. I guess it all depends on how you view your chances this week and this season. If you think you are a longshot to make playoffs, then the deal makes perfect sense. If you think you have a good shot at the playoffs, could you acquire a better QB cheaper?

Jeff Tefertiller said:
wide left said:

Team A (him)

Manning,P- $44.00

Quinn- $7.00 KEEPER

Rivers- $4.00 KEEPER

Barber- $15.00 KEEPER

Lynch- $18.00 KEEPER

White- $11.00

Cotchery- $23.00

Jennings- $13.00

Owens- $46.00

Bennett

Shockey-9 $7.00

Smith,L.J.- $6.00

Akers- $1.00

Carney

Buccaneers- $2.00

Team B (me)

O'Sullivan

Pennington- $6.00

Buckhalter

Gore- $53.00

Johnson,Rudi

Westbrook- $51.00 KEEPER

Bowe- $5.00

Welker- $20.00

White- $3.00

Gonzalez- $15.00

Kaeding- $3.00

Scobee- $1.00

Jaguars- $5.00

Packers- $2.00

Titans- $0.00

To consider:

Why not, right? Your thoughts? ;)
First of all, on Rivers being questionable longterm, he has put up top numbers in one season ... this one. The question is whether he can duplicate. I happen to think his passing numbers were the result of less reliance on the run with LT nicked up and getting older. I like Wsetbrook to win now, and am waiting for Lynch to emerge. I am apprehensive of him becoming a star. Yes, I think he can be a good RB2. But westbrook is a premier RB1. Longterm, it is probably a good deal.

I hear you on getting torched by Hasselbeck's ineffectiveness and injury. That, and the Westbrook injury, were alot to overcome.

The trade, with Rivers, does free up a lot of cap space to bid on players next year. I guess it all depends on how you view your chances this week and this season. If you think you are a longshot to make playoffs, then the deal makes perfect sense. If you think you have a good shot at the playoffs, could you acquire a better QB cheaper?
I play both teams above me between now and week 13- one this week. Winning out would probably do the trick. As for an upgrade at QB? I was lucky to movbe Pittman to a RB starved owner for Chad. I don't exactly have much trade bait left...

Hey Jeff, need some trade advice

12 team league, total points

1pt/15 yds rush

1pt/10 yds receiving

1pt/50 yds passing

6pts all TD's

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, DEF, K

QB-Cutler, Rosenfels

RB- Westbrook, Chris Johnson, Jonathon Stewart

WR- Fitz, Calvin Johnson, Colston, Ginn, Anthony Gonzalez

TE- Winslow

DEF- NYJ

K- Lindell

Injuries to Colston and Burleson really hurt me early on. I'm still within 30 pts of 1st place. Looking to make some moves in order to finish strong. First off should I drop Rosenfels for someone like Hasselback or Thigpen who have a very easy schedule down the stretch.

Chris Johnson has been great for me but if the Titans clinch a playoff spot do they rest Johnson the last couple of weeks or give him limited carries? I was thinking of trading him for Lynch or Ronnie Brown. Brown probably has the easier schedule down the stretch and I could always drop someone and pick up Williams for insurance. Trade him or stay put?

Westbrook has been great for me also(unfortunately i lost my internet the week he was quesitonable and started, had Graham in over him). Anyways, he is a bit of an injury risk and doesn't face easy run defences down the stretch(although he will make up some points receiving). I am thinking of asking for LT in return. LT seems to be over his turf toe and has an unbelievably easy schedule down the stretch. Again, trade him or stay put?

Thanks

Hey Jeff, need some trade advice

12 team league, total points

1pt/15 yds rush

1pt/10 yds receiving

1pt/50 yds passing

6pts all TD's

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, DEF, K

QB-Cutler, Rosenfels

RB- Westbrook, Chris Johnson, Jonathon Stewart

WR- Fitz, Calvin Johnson, Colston, Ginn, Anthony Gonzalez

TE- Winslow

DEF- NYJ

K- Lindell

Injuries to Colston and Burleson really hurt me early on. I'm still within 30 pts of 1st place. Looking to make some moves in order to finish strong. First off should I drop Rosenfels for someone like Hasselback or Thigpen who have a very easy schedule down the stretch. I would keep Sage because he has better talent around him. the other two have nada as weapons

Chris Johnson has been great for me but if the Titans clinch a playoff spot do they rest Johnson the last couple of weeks or give him limited carries? I was thinking of trading him for Lynch or Ronnie Brown. Brown probably has the easier schedule down the stretch and I could always drop someone and pick up Williams for insurance. Trade him or stay put?

Keep Johnson. The other two will not help you get to championship game. johnson can.

Westbrook has been great for me also(unfortunately i lost my internet the week he was quesitonable and started, had Graham in over him). Anyways, he is a bit of an injury risk and doesn't face easy run defences down the stretch(although he will make up some points receiving). I am thinking of asking for LT in return. LT seems to be over his turf toe and has an unbelievably easy schedule down the stretch. Again, trade him or stay put?

I would do it for LT, but not for anyone else. westy looks good.

Thanks

Hi Jeff,

Jacobs (@PHI)

Faulk (vs. BUF)

Rice (@HOU)

Colston (@ATL)

Edwards (vs. DEN)

Thanks!
I think I would play both Texans ...
Hmm, so which WR would you replace with Andre Johnson? Both Colston and Edwards have really good matchups, but both are still question marks, IMO.

winslow.....or scaife.......is it a safe play for winslow?

Need two: calvin with a new qb, leaning wayne and other cHoice is cotch.

thanks Jeff :D

Users who are viewing this thread