What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (4 Viewers)

Do I do this trade? Dynasty PPR

I give Forte and Mossoquoi and get Lynch, Maclin, and Sims-Walker

I also have Rice, ryan grant, bradshaw and jacobs at rb and have roddy white, holmes, cotchery, breaston as my main wrs

Jeff i have Hightower this week along side T Jones as my starting rb this week should i try to pick up WellsI could drop NE def or Maroney to get him My rb are HightowerT jonesMaroneyMorenoSproles
deciding Wells vs Hightower is tough each week. I would dump the NEP defense for Wells for future. Both AZ RBs and Sproles are good plays this week.

Hey Scooby, PRL is killing me. 3-4 record while leading league in points. Oh well. I like the deal for you, but it is a little risky w/ MSW's knee history. You are getting full value from Forte and Lynch is still young. I would do that.

Do I do this trade? Dynasty PPRI give Forte and Mossoquoi and get Lynch, Maclin, and Sims-Walker I also have Rice, ryan grant, bradshaw and jacobs at rb and have roddy white, holmes, cotchery, breaston as my main wrs

Jeff i have Hightower this week along side T Jones as my starting rb this week should i try to pick up WellsI could drop NE def or Maroney to get him My rb are HightowerT jonesMaroneyMorenoSproles
deciding Wells vs Hightower is tough each week. I would dump the NEP defense for Wells for future. Both AZ RBs and Sproles are good plays this week.
Which two RB do you like this weekT Jones vs MIAHightower vs CARSproles vs SFWells vs CAR

Wide Receiver Waiver Wire Question......PPR LEAGUE

I have

Calvin Johnson

Roddy White

Derrick Mason

Hakeem Nicks

Sidney Rice

On the WW.....

TJ Housh is available NOW

Braylon Edwards clears Waivers on the 29th.....

Do you like either of these guys better than my current WR's??????

Can't imagine who to drop? Is Edwards and the Jets going to be worth it?

THANKS JEFF!
I really would not drop any of those guys. Nicks and Rice have been on fire this season.
Thanks for the advice! I will stand pat with my current WR corp!

Jeff,

I play in a small 3 player keeper league and am trying to balance giving myself a chance to win the championship with trying to put myself in position to have the best keepers I can for next season. An article I read on the site had said, it is usually best to keep 3 top running backs when you keep 3 or less players. I am trying to evaluate what I currently have and if I should make a move for a couple other players.

Right now, I have Peterson, Benson, Gore, Jackson, and Beanie Wells. Do you see Chris Johnson, Deangelo Williams, or Matt Forte as a potential upgrade to what I already have? Would any other than Peterson bee worth giving up in a trade to acquire one of them?

Thanks in advance.

Leo2228 said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Which two RB do you like this weekT Jones vs MIAHightower vs CARSproles vs SFWells vs CAR
Jones for sure. Sproles or Wells. I think I would roll with Wells in hopes for a big game

mulliganman said:
Jeff,I play in a small 3 player keeper league and am trying to balance giving myself a chance to win the championship with trying to put myself in position to have the best keepers I can for next season. An article I read on the site had said, it is usually best to keep 3 top running backs when you keep 3 or less players. I am trying to evaluate what I currently have and if I should make a move for a couple other players.Right now, I have Peterson, Benson, Gore, Jackson, and Beanie Wells. Do you see Chris Johnson, Deangelo Williams, or Matt Forte as a potential upgrade to what I already have? Would any other than Peterson bee worth giving up in a trade to acquire one of them?Thanks in advance.
Hey, I think that article is mine. I think you are in great shape with ADP Gore, and Jackson. You also have Wells just in case. I do like Chris Johnson, DWill and Forte, but the upgrade over Gore is not that much. Now, if you can trade Gore straight up for Johnson, then do that, but I would not give anything else to upgrade. You have a great group of RBs. With this group, you can easily worry about QB/WR in the draft. I also think Benson/Wells are easily tradeable and worthy keepers for other teams so you can upgrade picks.

I traded Warner and Leinart in a dynasty league for a 2010 1st rd pick, 2010 2nd rd pick and a 2011 4th rd pick.

Did I do ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded Warner and Leinart in a dynasty league for a 2010 1st rd pick, 2010 2nd rd pick and a 2011 4th rd pick.Did I do ok?
All depends on how high the pick is. I think you did great if the first is in top five or six picks .... Overall, you should be happy with it since the picks will grow in value through April

I traded Warner and Leinart in a dynasty league for a 2010 1st rd pick, 2010 2nd rd pick and a 2011 4th rd pick.Did I do ok?
All depends on how high the pick is. I think you did great if the first is in top five or six picks .... Overall, you should be happy with it since the picks will grow in value through April
the 2010's will be late so the first will definitely not be in the top 5 or 6 picks unless his team falls apart.

Hi Jeff - which defense do you like this weekend?

San Diego vs. Oakland

Arizona vs. Carolina

Phil vs. NYG

GB vs. Minn

Phil and GB have those tough matchups, so I’m assuming SD or Az is a better bet.

Anything jump out at you? They’re all at home. Thanks!

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster.

Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving.

Hi Jeff.

Fill-in WRs for week 9?

I’m trying to plan ahead to week 9 where I have some bye problems.

I figure that if I’m going to ask you for your thoughts, the least I can do is a little research to help you get started. I hope that is useful and appropriate.

So kinda like Santa Claus, I’m making my list and checking it twice! I’ve gone through most of the FA WRs, trying to uncover a couple of diamonds for one weekend – but it is for week 9, not week 8! I’m planning on picking up at least one WR before the WW kicks in this weekend. I’ll try to grab the other after the weekend.

Based on who is available on the WW, and on recent targets data, I’ve come up with this list, pretty much in my order of potential points in week 9. I’d love your thoughts…

1. Josh Morgan, SF vs. Tenn – 4, 9, and 4 targets, a little less than 6 targets per game, but with Crabtree now playing, I’m afraid his targets may take a tumble. Tenn is not a great defense so this still has potential.

2. Kenny Britt Ten at SF – I thought I read somewhere that Nate Washington got hurt, but apparently that’s not true. If he had been injured, I thought Britt’s touches could go up. With Tenn behind so much, even with the average QB play, they will have to sling it around the ol’ ball yard. He’s had 20 targets (11, 5, and 4) his last three weeks, but that was skewed by 11 in week 4.

3. Bobby Wade KC at Jax - Fairly consistent targets, with 5, 8, 4, 8 the last 4 weeks. One would think that has to translate into fantasy points at some time.

4. Earl Bennett Chi vs. Arizona – last three weeks got 2, 5, and 6 targets, and caught 10 of those 13 passes. Not a whole lot of targets, but Cutler is winging it, so the potential is there too.

5. Andre Caldwell Cin vs. Balt - got 4, 2, 9, and 2 targets, so nothing impressive here either. And since 85 will get most of the balls, the rest will seem to be split between Caldwell, Chris Henry, and Laveranues Coles. Carson does like to toss it though, so again, some potential here.

6. Michael Jenkins Atl vs. Wash - got 4, 6, and 4 targets, so not too bad. Roddy will get most of them here, but as the number 2, he has potential numbers.

7. Chris Henry Cin vs. Balt – only got 3, 5, 3, and 3 targets, so Carson spreads it around to these three other WRs.

8. Laveranues Coles Cin vs. vs. Balt – only got 6, 1, 5, and 4 targets, so maybe a little more consistently targeted?

9. Muhsin Muhammad Car at NO – 10, 4, and 2 targets, an ankle injury, no TDs this year, and all with Jake maybe one of the weaker QBs as far as throwing the ball. Yet Steve Smith seems to be getting the magic back. I assume that if the passing game to Smith starts to click, that there is potential for this WR2 to get more looks.

10. Isaac Bruce SF versus Tenn – 4, 4, and 6, but I guess if I go with a SF WR, it should be Morgan over Bruce?

11. Roy Williams Dal at Phil – Man, how come this guy just can’t seem to do it? 7 and 5 targets in the last four games, two of which were either the bye or the week he had injured ribs. Caught just 4 of those 12 targets…33%. Just hate to rely on this guy. I’ll eat my hat though if he finally turns into Miles Austin on me!

12. Mark Clayton Bal at Cin – Now this one stumps me. He is the most targeted of all of these guys, with 10, 7, and 8 targets in his last three, which equated to 4, 3, and 11 pts. Yet no one seems to like his potential. I’m inclined to move him up into my top two or three, so would really like your opinion on this one.

13. Jason Avant Phil vs. Dal – only 2, 2, and 1 targets, so not sure why his name keeps popping up. Just because Philly tosses it so much?

14. Malcom Floyd SD at NYG – only 1, 5, and 3 targets, but folks seem to think he’s overshadowing Chambers. Love the SD passing attack, but not sure this is the right guy, or that the Giants are the right team to play him against.

15. Deion Branch Sea vs. Det – Super Bowl MVP that has been injured constantly since then. And with Hass hit or miss, it’s a tough one. Anything here?

16. Sam Aiken NE vs. Mia – His name keeps coming up, apparently because Edelman has that broken forearm. It is New England, and even though Moss and Welker will do most of the damage, this one is tempting for the one week against Miami. Should I be considering him more?

Jeff, I’m hoping to pull two rabbits out of this hat, and hope you have a thought or two. Remember, this is for Week 9, so it’s a week away…

Thanks!

12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster.

My Team:

QB: Hasselbeck, Garrard

RB: AP, Ronnie Brown, Addai, Lynch, Chester Taylor (bolded are wk 9 byes)

WR: Roddy White, B Edwards, Berrian (bolded are wk 9 byes)

TE: Vernon Davis

DEF: Phil, GB, SD, Az (still plotting my wk 8 matchup)

K: Tynes

Jeff

Quick question for you

I'm in a roster-3 start-2 QB's league

Currently I have

Hasselbeck

Cassel

Bulger

I'm in a tie for first (mostly due to the rest of my roster)

If I find out Vince Young is starting this week should I pick him up and cut.... (Bulger?)

Cassel is on BYE this week so i can't make the move until I know Young is starting.

I know Bulger has a good matchup this week but I'm thinking whole season here as QB's get picked up quick

The only Free Agent starters available right now are Jamarcus Russell, and whichever Josh (Freeman) starts for TB (Trent Edwards is also due to injury, Fitzpatrick is owned)

Just wanted to get your opinion, Thanks as always, keep up the great work!

oops 2nd quick question

Thinking about trying to trade a WR for a QB (same league)

Which WR do you think would be the best to trade for me (ie least production for the rest of the season, (esp weeks 13-16 playoffs)

Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Mike Sims-Walker, Steve Smith (NYG)?

Due to format it would have to be WR & QB for WR & QB So I was thinking Cassel & WR for Mcnabb maybe or should I aim higher (not worried about the WR in return as I'm hoping to pick up WR Anthony Gonzalez if I can make a deal.)

Hi Jeff - which defense do you like this weekend?San Diego vs. OaklandArizona vs. CarolinaPhil vs. NYGGB vs. MinnPhil and GB have those tough matchups, so I’m assuming SD or Az is a better bet. Anything jump out at you? They’re all at home. Thanks!12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving.
AZ and SD are my two favorite defenses this week. AZ plays Delhomme who threw 3 picks last week, and SD gets JaMarcus this week. Both are great plays.

Hey, this will be a tough one. I think I would narrow the list down to the WRs that should put up decent numbers and stay away from the high risk guys. I think the KC passing game will be good against Jax next week. Jax is not strong against the pass and Wade is starting. He is getting decent chances because opposing defenses want to stop Bowe. The next one is harder even. I would narrow the list down to a few. The Bengal WRs will be tough to figure out each week, so I would eliminate them I do like Clayton as a guy that could have a big game. He is one to consider. I do not like Morgan with Crabtree playing. Britt scares me (assuming Vince Young is QB). Bennett is WR3 in Chicago and very inconsistent. I am not a Roy fan, either, but he at least has upside. Muhammad is hampered by the ankle and not getting many good targets. Jenkins always has the chance to score, but is third option behind White and Gonzo. The two safest players are Wade and Clayton, imo. Also, each has a good matchup. Hope this helps.

Hi Jeff.

Fill-in WRs for week 9?

I’m trying to plan ahead to week 9 where I have some bye problems.

I figure that if I’m going to ask you for your thoughts, the least I can do is a little research to help you get started. I hope that is useful and appropriate.

So kinda like Santa Claus, I’m making my list and checking it twice! I’ve gone through most of the FA WRs, trying to uncover a couple of diamonds for one weekend – but it is for week 9, not week 8! I’m planning on picking up at least one WR before the WW kicks in this weekend. I’ll try to grab the other after the weekend.

Based on who is available on the WW, and on recent targets data, I’ve come up with this list, pretty much in my order of potential points in week 9. I’d love your thoughts…

1. Josh Morgan, SF vs. Tenn – 4, 9, and 4 targets, a little less than 6 targets per game, but with Crabtree now playing, I’m afraid his targets may take a tumble. Tenn is not a great defense so this still has potential.

2. Kenny Britt Ten at SF – I thought I read somewhere that Nate Washington got hurt, but apparently that’s not true. If he had been injured, I thought Britt’s touches could go up. With Tenn behind so much, even with the average QB play, they will have to sling it around the ol’ ball yard. He’s had 20 targets (11, 5, and 4) his last three weeks, but that was skewed by 11 in week 4.

3. Bobby Wade KC at Jax - Fairly consistent targets, with 5, 8, 4, 8 the last 4 weeks. One would think that has to translate into fantasy points at some time.

4. Earl Bennett Chi vs. Arizona – last three weeks got 2, 5, and 6 targets, and caught 10 of those 13 passes. Not a whole lot of targets, but Cutler is winging it, so the potential is there too.

5. Andre Caldwell Cin vs. Balt - got 4, 2, 9, and 2 targets, so nothing impressive here either. And since 85 will get most of the balls, the rest will seem to be split between Caldwell, Chris Henry, and Laveranues Coles. Carson does like to toss it though, so again, some potential here.

6. Michael Jenkins Atl vs. Wash - got 4, 6, and 4 targets, so not too bad. Roddy will get most of them here, but as the number 2, he has potential numbers.

7. Chris Henry Cin vs. Balt – only got 3, 5, 3, and 3 targets, so Carson spreads it around to these three other WRs.

8. Laveranues Coles Cin vs. vs. Balt – only got 6, 1, 5, and 4 targets, so maybe a little more consistently targeted?

9. Muhsin Muhammad Car at NO – 10, 4, and 2 targets, an ankle injury, no TDs this year, and all with Jake maybe one of the weaker QBs as far as throwing the ball. Yet Steve Smith seems to be getting the magic back. I assume that if the passing game to Smith starts to click, that there is potential for this WR2 to get more looks.

10. Isaac Bruce SF versus Tenn – 4, 4, and 6, but I guess if I go with a SF WR, it should be Morgan over Bruce?

11. Roy Williams Dal at Phil – Man, how come this guy just can’t seem to do it? 7 and 5 targets in the last four games, two of which were either the bye or the week he had injured ribs. Caught just 4 of those 12 targets…33%. Just hate to rely on this guy. I’ll eat my hat though if he finally turns into Miles Austin on me!

12. Mark Clayton Bal at Cin – Now this one stumps me. He is the most targeted of all of these guys, with 10, 7, and 8 targets in his last three, which equated to 4, 3, and 11 pts. Yet no one seems to like his potential. I’m inclined to move him up into my top two or three, so would really like your opinion on this one.

13. Jason Avant Phil vs. Dal – only 2, 2, and 1 targets, so not sure why his name keeps popping up. Just because Philly tosses it so much?

14. Malcom Floyd SD at NYG – only 1, 5, and 3 targets, but folks seem to think he’s overshadowing Chambers. Love the SD passing attack, but not sure this is the right guy, or that the Giants are the right team to play him against.

15. Deion Branch Sea vs. Det – Super Bowl MVP that has been injured constantly since then. And with Hass hit or miss, it’s a tough one. Anything here?

16. Sam Aiken NE vs. Mia – His name keeps coming up, apparently because Edelman has that broken forearm. It is New England, and even though Moss and Welker will do most of the damage, this one is tempting for the one week against Miami. Should I be considering him more?

Jeff, I’m hoping to pull two rabbits out of this hat, and hope you have a thought or two. Remember, this is for Week 9, so it’s a week away…

Thanks!

My Team:

RB: AP, Ronnie Brown, Addai, Lynch, Chester Taylor (bolded are wk 9 byes)

WR: Roddy White, B Edwards, Berrian (bolded are wk 9 byes)

DEF: Phil, GB, SD, Az (still plotting my wk 8 matchup)

K: Tynes

Jeff Quick question for youI'm in a roster-3 start-2 QB's leagueCurrently I haveHasselbeckCasselBulgerI'm in a tie for first (mostly due to the rest of my roster)If I find out Vince Young is starting this week should I pick him up and cut.... (Bulger?)Cassel is on BYE this week so i can't make the move until I know Young is starting.I know Bulger has a good matchup this week but I'm thinking whole season here as QB's get picked up quickThe only Free Agent starters available right now are Jamarcus Russell, and whichever Josh (Freeman) starts for TB (Trent Edwards is also due to injury, Fitzpatrick is owned)Just wanted to get your opinion, Thanks as always, keep up the great work!oops 2nd quick questionThinking about trying to trade a WR for a QB (same league)Which WR do you think would be the best to trade for me (ie least production for the rest of the season, (esp weeks 13-16 playoffs)Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Mike Sims-Walker, Steve Smith (NYG)?Due to format it would have to be WR & QB for WR & QB So I was thinking Cassel & WR for Mcnabb maybe or should I aim higher (not worried about the WR in return as I'm hoping to pick up WR Anthony Gonzalez if I can make a deal.)
From what I saw of VY, he did not look good, mainly an issue with confidence I think. He did not look loose and able to scramble like when he was a rookie. On a team that is 0-for I wonder if he will be able to excel. Freeman is starting in TB going forward, but prob not a good play there, either. I would keep an eye on the Carolina situation just because Delhomme will get yanked soon enough. I do have a thought though. After this week, and you will not start Bulger again, can you dump him for a QB like Leinart who gives you upside in case something happens to Warner?On the trade, I would trade Smith. His production has reduced with the emergence of Nicks ... plus the games are within division. I like the idea of Cassel and Smith for a QB and throw in WR. I would think you might be able to pull off a QB like Warner, Roethlisberger, Romo, etc. Getting the Warner/Leinart combo (from trade and waiver) would be ideal. I would look to keep Moss, MSW, and Jackson. All are playing very well right now. If someone is willing to pay a high price for Calvin, then I would not hesitate to move him in a redraft league, especially if I could get an elite QB.

Relatively simple for you Jeff....

We're talking end of bench fliers here (on a RB weak team though)

Who would you rather carry for the rest of this year? Jason Snelling or Jerome Harrison? 12 man PPR Redraft

RB's are:

Lynch, McFadden, Wells, J. Lewis, F. Jackson, J. Fargas

Relatively simple for you Jeff....We're talking end of bench fliers here (on a RB weak team though)Who would you rather carry for the rest of this year? Jason Snelling or Jerome Harrison? 12 man PPR RedraftRB's are:Lynch, McFadden, Wells, J. Lewis, F. Jackson, J. Fargas
I would take Snelling just for upside. Norwood is out for a while and Turner has high mileage.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks in advance for the advice. Start 1 qb, 2rb, 2 wr. 1 pt = 20yds pass or 10 rus/rec. All tds 6 pts.

My team =

Roth, Flacco, Cutler

Peterson, SJackson, Rbrown, Ctaylor

Bowe, Smith(car), Edwards, Cotchery

Possible trade =

RBrown and Bowe or Smith or Edwards for Turner and Jennings

Think I should pull the trigger? I'm not sure if Jennings is that big an upgrade they way he's played so far.

Hi Jeff, Thanks in advance for the advice. Start 1 qb, 2rb, 2 wr. 1 pt = 20yds pass or 10 rus/rec. All tds 6 pts.My team =Roth, Flacco, CutlerPeterson, SJackson, Rbrown, CtaylorBowe, Smith(car), Edwards, CotcheryPossible trade =RBrown and Bowe or Smith or Edwards for Turner and JenningsThink I should pull the trigger? I'm not sure if Jennings is that big an upgrade they way he's played so far.
In a redraft, I do not like it. Brown has produced very close to Turner, if not eclipsing him. For the WRs, Jennings has not been any better than the crew you have. I think you would be trading one headache for another. Also, this is one of those trades that looks better on paper than in "real/fantasy" life.

Hey Jeff,

Lee Evans is on wire: Would you recommend him over hester, Burleson,Jennings,Nicks, Manningham,Harvin this week?

Saints D........still feeling love for them?

Davis or Miller at te? could drop davis...

Crucial week for me........thanks

Hey Jeff,Lee Evans is on wire: Would you recommend him over hester, Burleson,Jennings,Nicks, Manningham,Harvin this week?Saints D........still feeling love for them? Davis or Miller at te? could drop davis...Crucial week for me........thanks
I love Hester this week. How many do you start? I like Hester, Jennings and Nicks more than Evans and possibly Burleson, too. I do not expect another monster game for the NO defense. Matt Ryan does not throw many picks and is not sacked often. They are not a horrible play, and are startable depending on other options. They do have some great matchups coming up. I love Davis this week. He caught three TDs with Alex Smith tossing the rock. Good luck.

Hey Jeff,Lee Evans is on wire: Would you recommend him over hester, Burleson,Jennings,Nicks, Manningham,Harvin this week?Saints D........still feeling love for them? Davis or Miller at te? could drop davis...Crucial week for me........thanks
I love Hester this week. How many do you start? I like Hester, Jennings and Nicks more than Evans and possibly Burleson, too. I do not expect another monster game for the NO defense. Matt Ryan does not throw many picks and is not sacked often. They are not a horrible play, and are startable depending on other options. They do have some great matchups coming up. I love Davis this week. He caught three TDs with Alex Smith tossing the rock. Good luck.
Only start TWO WR's

Only start TWO WR's
Hester and Jennings would be my choice, with Nicks 3rd

some guy just dropped beanie wells problem is I need a kicker, currently don't have one, and the only real options I have for players to drop are: Donald Brown, Sammy Moris, and braylon edwards

I was thinking sammy morris for a kicker, but who should I drop for wells? or should I?

WR/TE (start 3): colston, r white, hines ward, burleson, b edwards

RB (start 2): LT, SJax, Moreno, Lynch, Maroney, Morris, Donald Brown

also start two flex positions. standard scoring.

some guy just dropped beanie wells problem is I need a kicker, currently don't have one, and the only real options I have for players to drop are: Donald Brown, Sammy Moris, and braylon edwardsI was thinking sammy morris for a kicker, but who should I drop for wells? or should I?WR/TE (start 3): colston, r white, hines ward, burleson, b edwardsRB (start 2): LT, SJax, Moreno, Lynch, Maroney, Morris, Donald Brownalso start two flex positions. standard scoring.
I would dump morris for wells now. Then I would wait as long as possible and drop Maroney for a kicker. Wells has more upside. Brown will be back soon enough to help you down the stretch. Maroney is on bye and shares carries in NE. Wells might have a chance to be a good starter for you.

Hey Jeff,

Lee Evans is on wire: Would you recommend him over hester, Burleson,Jennings,Nicks, Manningham,Harvin this week?

Texans,Cowboys,Jags on wire..........this week only?Only start TWO WR's

bighead2000 said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
bighead2000 said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
bighead2000 said:
Hey Jeff,

Texans,Cowboys,Jags on wire..........this week only?Only start TWO WR's
Dallas of that group. Seattle has a poor OL and Ware/friends will get pressure.

1. What type of WR could I get for 2 firsts in the 2010 rookie draft of a dynasty league - 16 team league? These firsts will be late. Both will most likely will be picks 10-16.

2. What type of WR could I get for a late round first and a mid round 2nd?

A team has offered MSW for 2 firsts and I'm wondering if I should jump on this deal. This would probably put me in the running to win it all. That team has Randy Moss and Brandon Marshall also.

3. Should I try going for them instead?

4. Just wondering if it would be possible to get a better WR like fitz, CJ, wayne, colston, jennings, etc - better WRs than MSW for those 2 firsts.

5. How deep will the 2010 nfl draft be in WRs and RBs?

6. What is worth more in a dynasty? Eddie Royal or a late first rd pick (pick 10-16)

Thanks

I love these types of questions. First of all, I will say that each league is individual and so I will use generalities.

1. What type of WR could I get for 2 firsts in the 2010 rookie draft of a dynasty league - 16 team league? These firsts will be late. Both will most likely will be picks 10-16. I think 2 firsts could fetch almost any outside of the top few. I think I would prefer to go for a star, not a WR that has had so many injuries and is in a bad offense, even if you have to add to the deal. I would look at the bad, rebuilding teams and see who they might have. Another option is to offer a 2nd and a prospect for Hines Ward or Driver. Each will give you similar production as MSW at a cheaper price.

2. What type of WR could I get for a late round first and a mid round 2nd? The difference is not that much from above. One idea would be to see what you can add from bench and save a first if you go this route.

A team has offered MSW for 2 firsts and I'm wondering if I should jump on this deal. This would probably put me in the running to win it all. That team has Randy Moss and Brandon Marshall also.

3. Should I try going for them instead? I would go after Marshall instead.

4. Just wondering if it would be possible to get a better WR like fitz, CJ, wayne, colston, jennings, etc - better WRs than MSW for those 2 firsts. I think it is possible, but you may have to add something. It is better to add to the deal and get a true stud than trade the 1sts alone for a lesser player.

5. How deep will the 2010 nfl draft be in WRs and RBs? Very deep with the uncapped 2010 season meaning all decent eligible players will want to come out because there could be a lockout in 2011. It would not be good to be a rookie coming out during a lockout.

6. What is worth more in a dynasty? Eddie Royal or a late first rd pick (pick 10-16) I might be in minority, but I would take Royal. I know he can play, just the situation needs to work itself out.

Thanks

Hey, while I love Chris Johnson, I would keep Harvin/Willis. Willis is an IDP machine

Hi Jeff. I was just offered a trade, and would appreciate your input. I was offered Chris Johnson (Ten), Akeem Jordan, and the guy's first round pick in 2010 for P. Harvin, and P. Willis. I play in a 12 team, PPR, IDP, Dynasty league. Scoring for RB/WR is 1 ppr, 1 pt for every 10 yds rush/rec, 6 pts rush/rec td. Scoring for defensive players is 2 pts per solo tckl, 1 pt for every 2 assists, 1 pt per pd, 2 pts every ff, 1 pt every .5 sack, 3 pts per int.Here are my current RB, WR, and LB. We start 2 RB, 3 WR, and 4 LB each week.RBGreene, Shonn NYJ RB McCoy, LeSean PHI RB Peterson, Adrian MIN RB Scott, Bernard CIN RB Wells, Chris ARI RB WRGarcon, Pierre IND WR Harvin, Percy MIN WR Jackson, DeSean PHI WR Knox, Johnny CHI WR Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR Schilens, Chaz OAK WR Wallace, Mike PIT WR Thomas, Mike JAC WR (Taxi Squad)Tate, Brandon NE WR (Taxi Squad)LBDurant, Justin JAC LB Harris, David NYJ LB Laurinaitis, James STL LB Levy, DeAndre DET LBSession, Clint IND LB Tatupu, Lofa SEA LBWillis, Patrick SFO LB
Jeff, after I rejected, he countered with Willis and Harvin for C. Johnson, S. Rice, and his first next year. What do you think?

Hey, while I love Chris Johnson, I would keep Harvin/Willis. Willis is an IDP machine

Hi Jeff. I was just offered a trade, and would appreciate your input. I was offered Chris Johnson (Ten), Akeem Jordan, and the guy's first round pick in 2010 for P. Harvin, and P. Willis. I play in a 12 team, PPR, IDP, Dynasty league. Scoring for RB/WR is 1 ppr, 1 pt for every 10 yds rush/rec, 6 pts rush/rec td. Scoring for defensive players is 2 pts per solo tckl, 1 pt for every 2 assists, 1 pt per pd, 2 pts every ff, 1 pt every .5 sack, 3 pts per int.Here are my current RB, WR, and LB. We start 2 RB, 3 WR, and 4 LB each week.RBGreene, Shonn NYJ RB McCoy, LeSean PHI RB Peterson, Adrian MIN RB Scott, Bernard CIN RB Wells, Chris ARI RB WRGarcon, Pierre IND WR Harvin, Percy MIN WR Jackson, DeSean PHI WR Knox, Johnny CHI WR Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR Schilens, Chaz OAK WR Wallace, Mike PIT WR Thomas, Mike JAC WR (Taxi Squad)Tate, Brandon NE WR (Taxi Squad)LBDurant, Justin JAC LB Harris, David NYJ LB Laurinaitis, James STL LB Levy, DeAndre DET LBSession, Clint IND LB Tatupu, Lofa SEA LBWillis, Patrick SFO LB
Jeff, after I rejected, he countered with Willis and Harvin for C. Johnson, S. Rice, and his first next year. What do you think?
I think you need Willis more than Chris Johnson. You have a good young team and I would not consider this unless the pick was pretty high.

A few tough ones this week. PPR, 1/10 rush/rec, 6 pt TDs.

Need one:

Hightower vs CAR

Wells vs CAR

R.Bush vs ATL

P.Thomas vs ATL

They're all ranked around the same spot everywhere I look. All are in time-shares and it's tough to gauge who will get the most touches.

Need two:

Britt vs JAC

Morgan @ IND

Royal @ BAL

Bye weeks and injuries are killing me..

And need one:

Keller vs MIA

Scheffler @ BAL

I was hoping to insert Finley this week but looks like he's a no go.

Hi again Jeff,

So difficult to trade in our league…but I keep trying.

What does your compass say about Calvin Johnson? Looks like he won’t play week 8, maybe back by week 9.

Is he still someone to go after, maybe for one of my RB3s in Lynch or Addai?

Thanks again.

Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.

My Team:

RB: AP, Ronnie Brown, Addai, Lynch, Chester Taylor

WR: Roddy White, Braylon Edwards, Berrian

His Team:

QB: Romo, Cassell

RB: SJax, Grant, Lewis

WR: DeSean, Calvin, Boldin, Rice, Northcutt, Crayton

TE: Heap, Cooley

valhallan said:
A few tough ones this week. PPR, 1/10 rush/rec, 6 pt TDs. Need one:Hightower vs CARWells vs CARR.Bush vs ATLP.Thomas vs ATLThey're all ranked around the same spot everywhere I look. All are in time-shares and it's tough to gauge who will get the most touches.Need two:Britt vs JACMorgan @ INDRoyal @ BALBye weeks and injuries are killing me.. And need one:Keller vs MIAScheffler @ BALI was hoping to insert Finley this week but looks like he's a no go.
At RB, I would go with one of the Cardinals, probably Hightower since he is a very good receiver. These four are all close. At WR, I think I would risk it with Royal and Morgan for the chance at a big game. VY scares me away from Titan passing game. At TE, Keller by a nose. I do like Donald Lee off the waiver wire, though.

football newbie said:
Hi again Jeff, So difficult to trade in our league…but I keep trying.What does your compass say about Calvin Johnson? Looks like he won’t play week 8, maybe back by week 9.Is he still someone to go after, maybe for one of my RB3s in Lynch or Addai?Thanks again.12-team NON-PPR redraft league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. 16 player roster. Passing TDs = 4 pts, all others 6 pts. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving, 25 yards passing.My Team:QB: Hasselbeck, GarrardRB: AP, Ronnie Brown, Addai, Lynch, Chester Taylor WR: Roddy White, Braylon Edwards, BerrianTE: Vernon DavisHis Team:QB: Romo, CassellRB: SJax, Grant, LewisWR: DeSean, Calvin, Boldin, Rice, Northcutt, CraytonTE: Heap, Cooley
Definitely offer Lynch for Calvin. That would be easy. I also would move Lynch for Sidney Rice. He has four WRs and can start three at the most each week and could use a RB.

Hi Jeff

How would you rank these 3 IDP players for this week, week #8?

1. Keith Bullock (Ten) vs Jax

2. Nick Barnett (GB) vs Min

3. Will Witherspoon (Phi) vs NYG

Thanks...

Jeff Tefertiller said:
grtwhtsk said:

I think you need Willis more than Chris Johnson. You have a good young team and I would not consider this unless the pick was pretty high.
Jeff asked me to take a look at this, too.I'll need more than just a minute or two to give this one it's due diligence, which means I'm not likely to get back to it until tomorrow afternoon unfortunately. Feel free to post this one in the IDP AC if you'd like some additional thoughts, otherwise I'll bump this post with an answer tomorrow.

Jeff Tefertiller said:
grtwhtsk said:

Jeff asked me to take a look at this, too.I'll need more than just a minute or two to give this one it's due diligence, which means I'm not likely to get back to it until tomorrow afternoon unfortunately. Feel free to post this one in the IDP AC if you'd like some additional thoughts, otherwise I'll bump this post with an answer tomorrow.
Thanks Jene (and Jeff for asking). I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Hey jeff, have a couple of tough decisions this weekend.

Which 2 of these 3 rbs would u start 0.5 ppr

Lt vs oak

Rice vs den

Ronnie B va jets

Which wr as my flex?

Tj houz vs dall or H nicks vs phi

Thanks!

Hey jeff, have a couple of tough decisions this weekend.Which 2 of these 3 rbs would u start 0.5 pprLt vs oakRice vs denRonnie B va jetsWhich wr as my flex?Tj houz vs dall or H nicks vs phiThanks!
I like Brown and LT this week as strong plays. Rice has a tough matchup. The other two have easy ones. At WR, I watch the Manningham injury news. If Mario is out, start Nicks ... if not, start Houshy. Manningham hurt his shoulder and has not practiced since.

Hi Jeff How would you rank these 3 IDP players for this week, week #8? 1. Keith Bullock (Ten) vs Jax2. Nick Barnett (GB) vs Min3. Will Witherspoon (Phi) vs NYG Thanks...
I am not great for IDPs. I think you will get "better" answers in the IDP Assistant Coach forum. All three are great options with good matchups. With Jax's ground attack, I think Bullock will see a ton of tackles. Same with Barnett vs Peterson and company. I think I like both over Witherspoon. But, I would recommend asking Jene and company in the IDP forum (Assistant Coach)

Hey again Jeff.

14 team, PPR, 3 keeper league

start QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / TE

To pair with Peterson I've been platooning McFadden, Leon Washington and most recently Larry Johnson for my RB2 so you can see the world of hurt I'm in at the position but somewhat miraculously I'm in the mix for a playoff run.

I just about have an offer of Jacobs for McFadden, plus I have to give up some position in next years draft.

Here are my thoughts.

Jacobs: Healthy now and should get the ball more as the weather gets colder and Bradshaw is an awkward cut away from missing some time on his bad foot. However going forward for next year should I keep him, I expect him to be splitting carries and this year of next, he just doesn't catch a lot of balls, and at 27 and his running style he's not so young.

McFadden: Out now and the Raiders are a mess but he is much younger than Jacobs, should be catching a lot of passes (if they Raiders find a QB who can throw a swing pass in the vicinity of his receiver), and has a lot of upside.

I hate to sell so low on McFadden but I have no one to play at RB2 right now (Chester Taylor, Snelling or Faulk would be in my lineup this week) so I am leaning towards making the deal for it can help me win now and isn't this all about winning?

Thoughts?

Heya Jeff~

I am in a bit of a quandary this week. I think I have a good team (in my sig) but I am not sure who to start at RB2 this week. I have Chris Johnson going as RB1 and Ricky Williams in my flex spot. So I have Felix Jones, Marshawn Lynch or Buckhalter. I think Lynch is the obvious pick, but this will be a tough week vs Houston's much improved run Def. Buckhalter is pretty much out of the running vs Bal. Then there is Felix Jones, who as long as he isn't hurt, will put up good/great numbers. I heard he will be returning kicks this week and anytime he is on the field with the ball he is dangerous.

So Jeff, who do you think I go with?

Good luck this week man!

~Sean

Hi Jeff

In a Non-ppr league which 2 RB's would you start?

1. Ronnie Brown @ NYJ

2. Ryan Grant vs Minn

3. Lynch vs Houston

Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread