What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

My team:QB: Steve McNair, JP Losman, Matt Schaub, KellenClemensRB: Clinton Portis, Rudi Johnson, Jerious Norwood, Vernand MorencyWR: Torry Holt, Lee Evans, Santana Moss, Terry Glenn, Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Kevin WalterTE: Owen DanielsK: Josh Scobee, Rob BironasDEF: Jets, SeattleHis team:QB: Peyton Manning, Matt HasselbeckRB: Thomas Jones, Ladell Betts, Reuben Droughns, Kenny Irons, Lorenzo Booker, Correll BuckhalterWR: Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Reggie Williams, Demetrius Williams, Keary Colbert, Bryant JohnsonTE: Heath Miller, Ben TroupeK: Olindo MareDEF: Vikings, ColtsWe get 1 PPR, .5 point per rushing attempt, 1 point per 10 rushing/receiving yards, 6 point for rushing/receiving TD, 4 points per passing TD, 1 point per completion, -3 for turnovers, 1 point per 20 passing yardsWe start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF--------------------------------------------------------------------------Update on previous post:He rejected my offer, and it looks like he values Betts much higher than I do, making it pretty impossible for me to acquire him at a palatable price.Can you think of any sensible offers that would make sense for Irons and/or Hasselbeck but not Betts? I thought of this, but I'm not sure it is worth it:I give: Morency, McNairI get: Irons, Hasselbeck, 2009 first rounder
It looks like he is trying to hold you hostage on Betts. You might have to walk away for a while in trying to acquire him. I think I would just try to offer him a 2008 2nd for Irons. Irons was a 2nd rounder this year and will be sitting most of the year. I do like Irons and think he is a lot like Norwood in his play. I have found, the hard way over the years, that sometimes you have to pull away from the negotiations when the other guy is wanting too much. If you are worried about Portis, try trading him in a package for another top flight RB to a different team.
I am also trying to trade for Irons. I am finding that it is impossible to trade a 2nd rounder for him. This is in 3 or 4 12/14 team dynasty. Have you seen him going for this?

My team:QB: Steve McNair, JP Losman, Matt Schaub, KellenClemensRB: Clinton Portis, Rudi Johnson, Jerious Norwood, Vernand MorencyWR: Torry Holt, Lee Evans, Santana Moss, Terry Glenn, Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Kevin WalterTE: Owen DanielsK: Josh Scobee, Rob BironasDEF: Jets, SeattleHis team:QB: Peyton Manning, Matt HasselbeckRB: Thomas Jones, Ladell Betts, Reuben Droughns, Kenny Irons, Lorenzo Booker, Correll BuckhalterWR: Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Reggie Williams, Demetrius Williams, Keary Colbert, Bryant JohnsonTE: Heath Miller, Ben TroupeK: Olindo MareDEF: Vikings, ColtsWe get 1 PPR, .5 point per rushing attempt, 1 point per 10 rushing/receiving yards, 6 point for rushing/receiving TD, 4 points per passing TD, 1 point per completion, -3 for turnovers, 1 point per 20 passing yardsWe start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF--------------------------------------------------------------------------Update on previous post:He rejected my offer, and it looks like he values Betts much higher than I do, making it pretty impossible for me to acquire him at a palatable price.Can you think of any sensible offers that would make sense for Irons and/or Hasselbeck but not Betts? I thought of this, but I'm not sure it is worth it:I give: Morency, McNairI get: Irons, Hasselbeck, 2009 first rounder
It looks like he is trying to hold you hostage on Betts. You might have to walk away for a while in trying to acquire him. I think I would just try to offer him a 2008 2nd for Irons. Irons was a 2nd rounder this year and will be sitting most of the year. I do like Irons and think he is a lot like Norwood in his play. I have found, the hard way over the years, that sometimes you have to pull away from the negotiations when the other guy is wanting too much. If you are worried about Portis, try trading him in a package for another top flight RB to a different team.
I am also trying to trade for Irons. I am finding that it is impossible to trade a 2nd rounder for him. This is in 3 or 4 12/14 team dynasty. Have you seen him going for this?
All depends on the owners. He went mid 2nd in my ppr league to the Rudi owner. I do think that a savvy owner will extort as much as he can for Irons to the Rudi owner. I would pick up Watson for now and play it as though you do not need Irons. But, if you really want Irons in a normal dynasty league, he should be worth a 2008 2nd, or a 2nd and a 3rd if you wanted to make sure you get him. I like Irons' talent, but he is far from a sure thing.

Hey Wannabee,

Me again, just received a trade offer D. Williams for Boldin

10 teams 7 player keeper

starting lineup 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 Flex( RB, WR, TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

My keepers

Leinart, Westbrook, Ronnie Brown, J. Lewis, Boldin, S. Smith, R. Moss

His keepers

Cutler, McNabb, Addai, Bush, Portis, D. Williams, Reggie Brown.

My first reaction was no way and looking at his team I don't think I could make an even trade with him for Williams or any of his other RB's. Really it will all come down to what Lewis will do this year, I think he will be a good 3 RB for me and with Willaims sharing carries this year I think those too will be fairly even.

I do not have a 1st round pick, I traded that and my 2.01 for S. Smith but I do have 2.06 & 2.07.

So do I take this trade thinking of the future since Lewis will be gone within 2 years.

Are there any trades that you can see that would make sense between these 2 teams?

Hey Wannabee,Me again, just received a trade offer D. Williams for Boldin10 teams 7 player keeperstarting lineup 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 Flex( RB, WR, TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF My keepersLeinart, Westbrook, Ronnie Brown, J. Lewis, Boldin, S. Smith, R. MossHis keepersCutler, McNabb, Addai, Bush, Portis, D. Williams, Reggie Brown.My first reaction was no way and looking at his team I don't think I could make an even trade with him for Williams or any of his other RB's. Really it will all come down to what Lewis will do this year, I think he will be a good 3 RB for me and with Willaims sharing carries this year I think those too will be fairly even.I do not have a 1st round pick, I traded that and my 2.01 for S. Smith but I do have 2.06 & 2.07.So do I take this trade thinking of the future since Lewis will be gone within 2 years.Are there any trades that you can see that would make sense between these 2 teams?
the major question I have is the scoring.

if the scoring is non-PPR, I think I would gladly take DWilliams over Boldin, even though I am a Boldin fan. RBs are worth a ton more than WRs in non-PPR leagues. If PPR, I probably like Boldin a little more. If PPR, the only deal I see (and do not know if both owners will like) is Lewis and Boldin for DWilliams and Reggie Brown. I am one that is not sold on lewis in Cleve this year.

Hey Wannabee,Me again, just received a trade offer D. Williams for Boldin10 teams 7 player keeperstarting lineup 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 Flex( RB, WR, TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF My keepersLeinart, Westbrook, Ronnie Brown, J. Lewis, Boldin, S. Smith, R. MossHis keepersCutler, McNabb, Addai, Bush, Portis, D. Williams, Reggie Brown.My first reaction was no way and looking at his team I don't think I could make an even trade with him for Williams or any of his other RB's. Really it will all come down to what Lewis will do this year, I think he will be a good 3 RB for me and with Willaims sharing carries this year I think those too will be fairly even.I do not have a 1st round pick, I traded that and my 2.01 for S. Smith but I do have 2.06 & 2.07.So do I take this trade thinking of the future since Lewis will be gone within 2 years.Are there any trades that you can see that would make sense between these 2 teams?
No PPR other then that the scoring is pretty standard.So you would say this is a no brianer to do if the scoring is No PPR.Would you drop Lewis and keep either Heap or Chicago's Def if I traded for Williams or would you keep Lewis for a fill in on bye weeks.I would think I could get a average WR in the second round.I just received another trade in this league which is my 2008 1st round pick for J. Walker what do you think about this one.

No PPR other then that the scoring is pretty standard.So you would say this is a no brianer to do if the scoring is No PPR.Would you drop Lewis and keep either Heap or Chicago's Def if I traded for Williams or would you keep Lewis for a fill in on bye weeks.I would think I could get a average WR in the second round.I just received another trade in this league which is my 2008 1st round pick for J. Walker what do you think about this one.
I would not take the Walker deal in non-ppr leagues since you have to drop someone. Since you have to drop someone. I might look at a 2-for-1 deal first before accepting. Do you think the other owner would give you an extra pick if you included lewis in the deal?? Or do you think he would go for a Lewis/Boldin for Addai or maybe you can swap QBs in the deal if you add Lewis? Just thinking of ways to add value to the deal for you since you ill have to drop someone

I would not take the Walker deal in non-ppr leagues since you have to drop someone. Since you have to drop someone. I might look at a 2-for-1 deal first before accepting. Do you think the other owner would give you an extra pick if you included lewis in the deal?? Or do you think he would go for a Lewis/Boldin for Addai or maybe you can swap QBs in the deal if you add Lewis? Just thinking of ways to add value to the deal for you since you ill have to drop someone
I don't think he would give me a pick if I include Lewis in the deal just because then he would have the problem with having to many keepers. The other deal you are talking about with swapping QB's are you thinking Lewis/Boldin/Leinart for Addai and either McNabb or culter.

I don't think he would give me a pick if I include Lewis in the deal just because then he would have the problem with having to many keepers. The other deal you are talking about with swapping QB's are you thinking Lewis/Boldin/Leinart for Addai and either McNabb or culter.
yes, if you can squeeze Addai out of the deal. Also, if you like Mcnabb more than Leinart, you can use a Lewis/Boldin/Leinart for Mcnabb and DWill type of deal.The other thought is to stay with the Boldin for DWill deal and see if you can "sell" Lewis to a RB-starved team for an extra pick.

All depends on the owners. He went mid 2nd in my ppr league to the Rudi owner. I do think that a savvy owner will extort as much as he can for Irons to the Rudi owner. I would pick up Watson for now and play it as though you do not need Irons. But, if you really want Irons in a normal dynasty league, he should be worth a 2008 2nd, or a 2nd and a 3rd if you wanted to make sure you get him. I like Irons' talent, but he is far from a sure thing.
I offered him two second rounders and Wes Welker (he has Randy Moss) for Irons and he wouldn't do it. I guess since he has no good runners he is hoping for an injury (he has Irons, Lorenzo Booker, Reuben Droughns, Betts, and Buckhalter to go with Thomas Jones).Looks like I'll be keeping Morency.

yes, if you can squeeze Addai out of the deal. Also, if you like Mcnabb more than Leinart, you can use a Lewis/Boldin/Leinart for Mcnabb and DWill type of deal.The other thought is to stay with the Boldin for DWill deal and see if you can "sell" Lewis to a RB-starved team for an extra pick.
So you would still do the Boldin/Williams deal eventhrough I would only have S. Smith & R. Moss as 2 of my 3 starters at WR. Do you think Williams will do as good as Lewis this year.I offer another team J. Lewis and 3.07 for Coles & 2.10 but has not respond would you make this trade he only has Maroney as a starting RB but does have the #1 pick. Another team only has LJ and have been trying to trade him Lewis and 2.06 for either Driver or Cotchery he has 5 of the top 20 WR's. His WR's Fitz, Walker, Colston, Driver, & Cotchery. I would like to get Fitz what would you think is a fair deal from him. I was thinking my 1st this year and my 2.06 & 2.07 this year but I think he will want either Brown or Westbrook in the deal. What do you think about this or should I just stay with the Boldin for Williams trade and hope to pickup a 3 WR at 2.06.

So you would still do the Boldin/Williams deal eventhrough I would only have S. Smith & R. Moss as 2 of my 3 starters at WR. Do you think Williams will do as good as Lewis this year.I offer another team J. Lewis and 3.07 for Coles & 2.10 but has not respond would you make this trade he only has Maroney as a starting RB but does have the #1 pick. Another team only has LJ and have been trying to trade him Lewis and 2.06 for either Driver or Cotchery he has 5 of the top 20 WR's. His WR's Fitz, Walker, Colston, Driver, & Cotchery. I would like to get Fitz what would you think is a fair deal from him. I was thinking my 1st this year and my 2.06 & 2.07 this year but I think he will want either Brown or Westbrook in the deal. What do you think about this or should I just stay with the Boldin for Williams trade and hope to pickup a 3 WR at 2.06.
ok, let's start from the top:I think this deal is a very close one, and much depends on your thoughts of DWilliams. I think he is still a year away from being a full time starter. The more I think about it, I might hold Bolding. Sorry to be wishy-washy. I am not a huge Boldin fan, but he is much more certain than DWilliams, who may never emerge.If you only have 2 WR keepers, I would not worry. You could draft a few veterans like Jerry Porter, Eddie Kennison, etc that will be fine in a WR3 by committee. This would allow you to have a couple of prospects on the bench like a rookie wr or a wr like drew carter or patric crayton.I would not give Lewis and a 2nd for Cotch in a non-PPR, even though I am a huge Cotch fan. Lewis is still startable in Cleve. I would do that deal for Driver though.I would not trade a front line RB for Fitz, or any other WR. RBs are so gold in non-PPR leagues. I hope I answered them all.

ok, let's start from the top:I think this deal is a very close one, and much depends on your thoughts of DWilliams. I think he is still a year away from being a full time starter. The more I think about it, I might hold Bolding. Sorry to be wishy-washy. I am not a huge Boldin fan, but he is much more certain than DWilliams, who may never emerge.If you only have 2 WR keepers, I would not worry. You could draft a few veterans like Jerry Porter, Eddie Kennison, etc that will be fine in a WR3 by committee. This would allow you to have a couple of prospects on the bench like a rookie wr or a wr like drew carter or patric crayton.I would not give Lewis and a 2nd for Cotch in a non-PPR, even though I am a huge Cotch fan. Lewis is still startable in Cleve. I would do that deal for Driver though.I would not trade a front line RB for Fitz, or any other WR. RBs are so gold in non-PPR leagues. I hope I answered them all.
Thanks for answering all my questions. I think I am just going to stay with who I have and hope I can make a run at the title.

A few days ago, I posted my QBs to watch and a few reasons why. I had written an article for another site and just summarized the data earlier. Here is the full article:

Each year, there are several Quarterbacks that are way underrated and undervalued. Most times, it is because they are coming off of an injury-plagued season or because they had a poor playoff stretch. When looking for “sleeper” Quarterbacks, it is best to identify those who have produced at a high level in the past and are being undervalued for some reason. In addition, situation might improve or limit the future productivity of these Quarterbacks.

The following are the Quarterbacks who are good bets to outperform expectations of fantasy owners:

Eli Manning - Peyton’s little brother had a very good year in 2005 finishing as the fourth best Quarterback. He followed that up with a down year in 2006 falling short of expectations on his way to a QB11 finish after having an ADP of QB5. The Giants offense as a whole seemed to take a step back in 2006, with the exception of Tiki Barber. The conservative offense by Coughlin led to Eli having much fewer pass attempts in 2006 than 2005, which hurt fantasy production. Eli improved his completion percentage and had a higher Quarterback rating in 2006, but also had eighteen interceptions. Manning is still a young Quarterback in the NFL. One major concern is the lack of offensive weapons with the retirement of Tiki Barber. In 2007, the Giants drafted a young Wide Receiver in Steve Smith who should help the passing game. Getting Amani Toomer healthy again should help as well. The Giants, and Eli in particular, missed Toomer when he went down with injury. Eli manning is being drafted as the thirteenth Quarterback taken in drafts. He finished as QB11 last year and I see that as a worst-case scenario for Eli. I expect Eli to finish in the eight or ten Quarterbacks in production. Eli has had over twenty touchdowns each of the last two seasons and that trend should continue.

Matt Hasselbeck – The Seattle offense as a whole had a difficult season in 2006. The injury to Shaun Alexander, the loss of Steve Hutchinson, and the injury to Darrell Jackson all contributed to a down year for Hasselbeck, who missed 4 games himself. In 2006, Hasselbeck had his lowest pass completion percentage; yards per attempt average, and Quarterback rating in several years. He did have 18 Touchdowns in 12 games. In the offseason, the Seahawks cut Jerramy Stevens, the starting Tight End, and traded Darrell Jackson, the best Wide Receiver. The Seahawks say they have faith in D.J. Hackett to step up into the void left by Jackson. Also, Bobby Engram is healthy, which should help, as he is a very good slot receiver. The Seahawks signed the veteran Marcus Pollard to replace Stevens. Currently, Hasselbeck is being drafted as the fourteenth Quarterback taken. With a healthy Shaun Alexander, the Seahawk offense should be much more productive. That offense revolves around a strong running game and Maurice Morris did not garner respect from opposing defenses. Just like with Eli Manning above, I prefer to draft Quarterbacks that have performed at a high level in the past. Being able to draft Matt Hasselbeck as a backup Quarterback is a steal. He should perform as a passable starting quarterback, but is being drafted as a fantasy backup.

Ben Roethlisberger – Ben Roethlisberger is a Quarterback coming off of an eventful 2006 season where he entered the season still banged up from motorcycle crash. One concern for Big Ben is that he has missed four games during the last two years. But even with not starting every game, he has out-produced his ADP each year. I look for that to continue. In 2006, Roethlisberger had an ADP of the fifteenth Quarterback drafted, but exceeded expectations producing fantasy starter numbers as the tenth best fantasy Quarterback. He is still developing as a Quarterback and 2006 showed many of his shortcomings. Big Ben finished the 2006 season with 23 interceptions in fifteen games in a run-oriented offense. With the coaching change, and Arians stepping into the Offensive Coordinator role, I expect the interceptions to go down and the completion percentage to improve. Arians is already talking about a wide-open offense with three and four Wide Receiver sets and a more controlled, short passing game. This should help Roethlisberger out-produce his 2007 ADP of the sixteenth Quarterback drafted. If Roethlisberger can produce such good numbers in 2006 in only 15 games, and so many interceptions, I see him being a top six Quarterback in 2007. He has always produced good fantasy numbers, when healthy, but now will be in a more fantasy-friendly offense.

Rex Grossman – Rex Grossman is a Quarterback vilified by many Bears’ fans and fantasy owners for his performance down the stretch in 2006. Even with his poor performance in the last half of the 2006 season, Grossman finished as the fifteenth best Quarterback in fantasy production. I know that surprises many. In 2006, he was drafted as the thirty-fourth Quarterback in fantasy drafts and out-produced expectations by a wide margin. Last year was the only season that Grossman had started more than three games. He is still young and learning. He had twenty interceptions but is working hard to improve his fundamentals this offseason. One of his major problems in 2006 came from throwing off his back foot when there was pressure on the pocket. He is working on stepping up into the pocket to help correct these mistakes. Even though Grossman finished as QB15 last year, he is being drafted as QB26 so far in 2007. I expect Grossman to out-produce that ADP by a wide margin, maybe even enough to sneak into the top ten Quarterback range. The Bears drafted a pass-catching Tight End in Greg Olsen. They also get Mark Bradley back healthy and another year of experience for Bernard Berrian. Rex Grossman is the Quarterback who I have on all of my value lists in redraft and dynasty. He is a very solid QB2 on any and every fantasy team.

Jake Delhomme – Most fantasy footballers have given up on Jake Delhomme after a disappointing 2006 after high expectations. In 2005, Delhomme finished as the twelfth best Quarterback. So, in 2006, fantasy owners drafted Delhomme as QB7 (per ADP) and but he disappointed those owners finishing as QB21. Delhomme did miss three games in 2006 that contributed to the low production. The Panthers as a team disappointed in 2006, not just Delhomme. The running game was not up to what many expect for the Panthers. Delhomme is a Quarterback that produces much better fantasy numbers in years that the Panthers’ running game enjoys success. In fact, his two best years as a NFL Quarterback came when Stephen Davis played very well. In 2007, Delhomme has an ADP of QB21. I expect the Panthers running game to improve with DeAngelo Williams having another year of experience. Delhomme did lose Keyshawn Johnson, but the Panthers drafted Dwayne Jarrett to replace him. Also, Drew Carter gets one more year of experience. News Offensive Coordinator, Davidson, should help as well. Many teams knew what to expect from the Panthers in 2006, so the change should help Delhomme and the running game be more efficient. Jake Delhomme should be a solid QB2 for many fantasy teams in 2007 and maybe sneak into the low QB1 range.

Damon Huard – In 2006, Huard only started 8 games and still finished with a TD/Int ratio of 11/1 and a QB rating of 98. In 2006, only starting half of the games, Huard finished as QB29. That is pretty impressive. With Trent Green now in Miami, and Brodie Croyle getting the press, Huard has an ADP of QB36. Croyle has struggled with injuries and weak arm strength through college and now into the NFL. I expect Huard to be the starting Quarterback in Kansas City sooner than later. Brodie Croyle is not a QB that will win many games for the Chiefs that could also lead to a change. If you are looking for a solid QB3 that could produce as a solid QB2, think about Huard late in your fantasy drafts.

None of the above Quarterbacks are being drafted as fantasy starters but the four drafted as primary backups for fantasy teams have very good chances to produce like fantasy starters and reward their fantasy owners. The other two, Grossman and Huard, are being drafted as QB3 for their fantasy teams and drafted after many lesser Quarterbacks are drafted. Each of these six Quarterbacks should easily out-produce their ADP, and expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey wannabee.

I have a question about the value of future picks in dynasty leagues. A team in my league recently did a trade which gives him a number of older players in key positions. His top two runners are Thomas Jones and Ahman Green (29 and 30, respectively), and Terrell Owens (34) is one of his top receivers. He really doesn't have any young players of note who will step up.

I have this team's 2008 first round pick, but I think his 2009 pick might be higher due to the age of his players.

The question is, how much more valuable is a 2008 rookie pick than a 2009 pick, and what could I expect to get in addition to the 2009 pick in a trade?

Thanks.

Hey wannabee.I have a question about the value of future picks in dynasty leagues. A team in my league recently did a trade which gives him a number of older players in key positions. His top two runners are Thomas Jones and Ahman Green (29 and 30, respectively), and Terrell Owens (34) is one of his top receivers. He really doesn't have any young players of note who will step up.I have this team's 2008 first round pick, but I think his 2009 pick might be higher due to the age of his players.The question is, how much more valuable is a 2008 rookie pick than a 2009 pick, and what could I expect to get in addition to the 2009 pick in a trade?Thanks.
That is a tough one. A just a general estimate, I would say the 2008 pick is worth twice the 2009 pick. There is a good chance that team has issues at RB and is very reliant on TO to carry the team to the playoffs. I will say that a team starting those Rbs and TO is probably a team finishing in the middle third of your league. It probably would not take a lot for that team to be a bottom third of th league team. I would hold tight for a little to see how it plays out. If he has a rash of injuries, you would hate to give away the pick too cheaply. But, I do like the idea of thinking ahead.

I am thinking of posting my dynasty rankings (PPR) as a point of discussion this offseason. Any thoughts would be appreciated, except by those in my leagues wanting to take advantage ......
:blackdot:
my only response so far. :mellow: I have been working on them and looking at best to post the rankings, with and without commentary, and how to break it down.
Just post the rankings you can add commentary and field questions after that.I for one would be interested in picking them apart even though I do not play PPR.I am more curious about what method you used in creating the rankings than the rankings themselves. As we have discussed earlier this offseason. I know there are a lot of different things you factor into them. Curious about what you ended up with.BTW I am getting on a plane in just a couple days so I dont have long to give this a look.

I am thinking of posting my dynasty rankings (PPR) as a point of discussion this offseason. Any thoughts would be appreciated, except by those in my leagues wanting to take advantage ......
:blackdot:
my only response so far. :mellow: I have been working on them and looking at best to post the rankings, with and without commentary, and how to break it down.
Just post the rankings you can add commentary and field questions after that.I for one would be interested in picking them apart even though I do not play PPR.I am more curious about what method you used in creating the rankings than the rankings themselves. As we have discussed earlier this offseason. I know there are a lot of different things you factor into them. Curious about what you ended up with.BTW I am getting on a plane in just a couple days so I dont have long to give this a look.
I will try to post them this week. I have a non-ppr draft coming up in a week so it might be a couple weeks before I can post some non-PPR rankings after the draft.

:bye:
my only response so far. :hot: I have been working on them and looking at best to post the rankings, with and without commentary, and how to break it down.
I will try to post them this week. I have a non-ppr draft coming up in a week so it might be a couple weeks before I can post some non-PPR rankings after the draft.
No problemo I wouldn't want to show my hand leading into a draft either.I will try to give a look once I get settled in in the desert then.

As I promised Bia, I will post my rankings. I have them pretty deep, so I will try to post a few a night (12 per) along with a little bit of commentary.

These rankings are for PPR Dynasty leagues. Please let me know if anything stands out. I realize that I swim upstream on many players which will be good fodder for discussion.

Peyton Manning - obvious QB1. More questions in the running game and an improvement in the rookie slot WR.

Carson Palmer - solid, dependable QB and fairly safe. Should finish as a top 5 QB.

Tom Brady - performed at a high level with average to poor WRs in the past. With Moss, Stallworth, and especially Welker, I expect another solid year.

Donovan McNabb - Has always put up great fantasy numbers when healthy. The Eagles brought in Curtis, who should provide some speed to the lineup. McNabb is a top QB.

Drew Brees - A stellar 2006 helped the transition to NO. I do see a slight downtick due to the loss of the veteran Horn. Colston as WR1, and either Henderson or Meachem as WR2, with Copper and Patten as depth, the Saints WRs are solid. But, I do notice a lack of veteran leadership. A healthy Reggie Bush will make almost every season decent for Brees. The signing of Johnson at TE helps, too.

Mark Bulger - The signing of Bennett offsets the loss of Curtis. McMichael will help and Linehan knows how to use him. I also like the subtle signing of Minor and the drafting of Leonard, both very good receivers. SJackson is a very good receiver himself. So, Bulger has enviable weapons with the venerable Holt and Bruce outside. I see no coincidence in Bulger's healthy season last year and the exit of Martz. Bulger is a very accurate QB with a head coach that knows how to use him.

Vince Young - Love the upside Young provides. The general lack of weapons in Tennessee limits the upside. The Titans lose the top RB, and two top WRs from 2006. I see Scaife breaking out in 2007 (hunch). Also, the young WRs will have a difficult time adjusting to Young (on the fly) the way the vets did last year.

Ben Roethlisberger - I love the upside. He had a top fantasy year last year despite missing time and starting the year recovering from the effects of the idiotic motocycle crash. I like the new offense. I look at it as though I know what Ben did in a conservative offense under Cowher and am excited about the possibility of Ben using 3 and 4 WR sets employed by Arians. Willie Parker saw his carries jump a ton in 2006, we shall see how Parker will be used in 2007. I suspect he will have more catches in 2007.

Matt Hasselbeck - I like QBs that have produced at a high level in the past. Hasselbeck should be healthy by training camp. I see much of his success, or failure, tied to the running game. The injury to Alexander, along with injuries to Hass himself and Darrell Jackson, really hurt the Seahawk offense. MoMo is not the caliber of RB to keep the defense honest and most know that a successful passing offense has to have a threat that a RB can make a play. Hackett, Branch, Engram, Burleson, and the rookies, are plenty good enough to help Hasselbeck to a few more top 10 seasons.

Matt Leinart - A QB with the weapons AZ has will be productive. I do see Leinart as a perennial QB in the QB7-QB12 range. He strikes me as a QB that will be consistent, but will have issues have the truly breakout years. Also, one thing to take note of next year is how the new coaching staff addresses the running game. I do expecta more conservative game plan in 2007 with Green gone, but pass effeiciency should compensate.

Michael Vick - Has some huge games and some stinkers. The running helps minimize the stinker games. The new coach, Petrino, wants better efficienct passes. The WRs have been upgraded with Horn and Laurent Robinson.

Jay Cutler - Denver has two very solid WRs in Walker and Marshall. Walker is star and Marshall looks like he can be. The signing of Graham should help as well. The Broncos had very little TE production with Alexander last year. Also, the improved running game with Henry should help Cutler's growth as a QB.

Always enjoy your posts, but I am disappointed in you including Big Ben in the top twelve. He is consistently ranked by most pundits in the 12 to 16 range and he needs to stay there, so that ten team and twelve team leages will allow me to draft him late. ;)

Kitna missing in the top twelve? Thoughts on Eli manning who I expect around eleven or twelve?

Always enjoy your posts, but I am disappointed in you including Big Ben in the top twelve. He is consistently ranked by most pundits in the 12 to 16 range and he needs to stay there, so that ten team and twelve team leages will allow me to draft him late. :goodposting: Kitna missing in the top twelve? Thoughts on Eli manning who I expect around eleven or twelve?
This is for dynasty so I have Kitna down a little. I will have Eli in the 13/14 range. Personally, I like him more since he has had two seasons of 20+ TDs, but I am a bit fearful on the 2007 situation. I am afraid that a Jacobs failure means no running game and the Giants have decent WRs, and a great TE. I look for Shockey to have a good year as a security blanket. In all fairness to Eli, it really hurt him when Toomer went out last year. Drafting Smith as WR3 (this year), to go with Plax and Toomer will help. Also, the conservative offense of Coughlin does Eli no favors. So, long term, I think Eli is a great buy low. In 2007, could be a rocky year with many highs and lows, but should still outproduce my ranking. Thanks for the comments. My rankings are pretty deep so I will try to find a way to speed up the process so this does not drag out for a month.

With all the negatives you recognise surrounding VY I am suprised you have him ranked so high. From that I have to guess you think those WR will mature and Young will have some stellar seasons from 2008 on?

Other than that I like how the list is looking so far with only a few minor quibles. I would not have McNabb as high but I would not have him lower than 7 either. Not sure I like Hasselhoff that high but its hard to argue with the Walrus offense.

How many years are you looking at for your QB rankings?

It must be a longer view than 2 years or else I think Kitna should be up there. I can see him playing another season beyond this one especialy if this year goes really well for him.

I will try to answer them as best I can. I do a lot of quantitative analysis for the rankings, but a good measure of "gut" has to be applied to sort out the close calls and the injury risk situations.

With all the negatives you recognise surrounding VY I am suprised you have him ranked so high. From that I have to guess you think those WR will mature and Young will have some stellar seasons from 2008 on? Compared to many, I thought my ranking was "low" for VY. I do expect the Titans to address WR in free agency next year. Also, there is a chance Fisher is gone. I think VY can do a lot with minimal help, but the current Titan team is void of offensive talent outside of Young. I like Young's future and would by him in every league, but most value him as a top 5 QB which is too rich for me. Young was QB11 in PPG last year. With improvement expected offset by lack of personnel, this ranking looks right to me.

Other than that I like how the list is looking so far with only a few minor quibles. I would not have McNabb as high but I would not have him lower than 7 either. Another situation I see myself as in the minority. I see McNabb as the lowest member of the top tier. He had the highest PPG of any QB last year. Discounting for injuries only brings him down to the lowest spot in the first tier for me.

Not sure I like Hasselhoff that high but its hard to argue with the Walrus offense. I think much depends on Alexander's health and how the Seahawks address RB in the 2008 offseason. But, I am looking for a bounceback season.

How many years are you looking at for your QB rankings? The years is not exact for me if it is a young QB like the 1-2 year experience guys. But, on average, I use a 2-3 window for most of the rankings. If I see a young QB that cannot (in my view) get to a certain tier, the time frame does not matter and I just make sure to rank accordingly.

It must be a longer view than 2 years or else I think Kitna should be up there. I can see him playing another season beyond this one especialy if this year goes really well for him. Kitna finished as QB6 last year, gets Calvin, but the running game could be a mess. Other than wee 17, Kitna's better games were with a healthy Kevin Jones. The Martz offense thrives on a threat to run the ball. I am not high on Tatum Bell, but do like KJ. I might have Kitna too low, but I think 2007 might be the last year for him as a full-fledged starter for the entire year. At what point do the Lions pull Kitna for Stanton when they are mathmatically eliminated before Thanksgiving (might be a stretch)?

I am willing to discuss and tweak the rankings. I do appreciate the football talk and I do not take any of this personally. I can say that the next rankings of the QBs will have some shockers to many.

Phillip Rivers - capable and the weapons are more than ample

Eli Manning - I like his chances to bounce back within two years. Lack of weapons (esp run game) is a concern for 2007, but I like the outlook. Coughlin's conservatism hurts a ton, too.

Rex Grossman - I know I will hear it. Grossman was QB15 last year even after tanking down the stretch. He had 8 good games out of first 9 in only year with more than 3 starts. I expect further improvement.

Jon Kitna - I love the offense and the weapons. Worry is age, lack of protection in Martz offense, and the possibility of getting pulled late in the year to groom Stanton after Lions eliminated from playoffs.

Tony Romo - Great weapons for one, maybe two years, and has a solid run game to rely on. New head coach could change things. A lot of upside, but some risk. Little depth at wr.

Matt Schaub - A solid young QB on a team heavily invested in him and has a very good WR1 and solid run game. Great QB coach (Kubiak) and should improve.

JP Losman - Improvement in 2006. Evans helps. Lack of any other receiving option hurts. Also, I see a rook RB as a negative.

Jamarcus Russell - Love the upside. Have to be able to wait. The OLine is poor. The running game is less than stellar. Decent weapons. He is a great QB2/3 compliment to Kitna/Favre.

Jason Campbell - Solid WR1, TE, and great run game. We need to see improvement in year two. Showed promise last year. Needs to build on it in year 2.

Alex Smith - most have Smith much higher than I do. I see much more risk than most. I see three injury-prone WRs and a rookie. I see an injury-prone stud RB. I see a young TE with promise that might be a year away. Change in OC, a ton of risk at skill positions, and a solid run game might be enough to limit upside and overvalue Smith.

Tarvaris Jackson - A ton of upside. He will make plays with his legs. He has poor weapons and gets a solid run game. Still raw and probably 2-3 years away from potential that we can judge.

Byron Leftwich - I used to be a fan. I see risk from injury, and a poor wr cast, as reasons to limit his future. He did play well in 2006 before injury, but the Culpepper rumors are not a good sign for the future.

Brett Favre - One of my sleepers for 2006. He gets Jennings back and has a potent Driver/Jennings combo at WR. Will be hurt by loss of Ahman, but VMorency/BJackson should get most of the production Ahman had. Can be a top 10 QB this year once again.

Jake Delhomme - I like Delhomme to be a sleeper this year with an improved run game.

Brady Quinn - Good QB prospect

Drew Stanton - Good young QB Prospect in Martz offense

Chad Pennington - QB3 in most leagues. Hard to start Pennington with confidence. The addition of TomJones should help a little.

D Culpepper - Good buy low for 2008.

Steve McNair - A solid QB2 for 2007. Has good weapons and an improved run game.

D Huard - I like his chances more than Croyle in 2007.

A Rodgers - With this probably Favre's last year, Rodgers could have a chance in 2008 with good wrs.

J. Garcia - Had a solid 2006 in Philly. Brought to TB and has good weapons.

Trent Green - I look for Green to start less than 10 games in 2007, his last year.

J Beck - Favorite to start the games Green does not.

B. Croyle - Should start game one for KC. Has injury and arm strength concerns.

Here are the rest:

Joey Harrington

C Lemon

D. Anderson

D Garrard

Trent Edwards

Josh McCown

K Boller

David Carr

C Frye

K Kolb

C Simms

Quinn Gray

Kellen Clemens

S. Rosenfels

AJ Feeley

G. Frerotte

B Griese

Troy Smith

C. Batch

A Walter

Here are the RBs without commentary for the sake of time. I know I have a few much different than most. Please let me know what you think I am way off base on.

Tomlinson

S Jackson

Reggie Bush

Larry Johnson

Brian Westbrook

Frank Gore

Willie Parker

Clinton Portis

MJ Drew

Joseph Addai

Laurence Maroney

Adrian Peterson

Willis McGahee

Ronnie Brown

Rudi Johnson

Kevin Jones

Cedric Benson

Travis Henry

Michael Turner

Shaun Alexander

Marshawn Lynch

M Barber III

DeAngelo Williams

Jerious Norwood

Deuce McAllister

Thomas Jones

Brandon Jacobs

Ahman Green

Edge James

Julius Jones

Vernand Morency

Carnell Williams

Brandon Jackson

Jamal lewis

Lamont Jordan

Ladell Betts

Leon Washington

Chester Taylor

Lorenzo Booker

Kenny Irons

Michael Bush

Mike Bell

LD White

R Droughns

Chris Henry

Tatum Bell

Chris Brown

Deshaun Foster

Fred Taylor

Adrian Peterson

Warrick Dunn

Ron Dayne

Sammy Morris

Michael Robinson

Garrett Wolfe

DeDe Dorsey

Dwayne Wright

Tony Hunt

Ahmad Bradshaw

Kolby Smith

Antonio Pittman

Dominic Rhodes

Ricky Williams

Maurice Hicks

Michael Bennett

Brian Leonard

Marcel Shipp

C Dillon

Kevan Barlow

C Buckhalter

Deshawn Wynn

Michael Pittman

Jerome Harrison

Kenny Watson

Greg Jones

Mewelde Moore

TJ Duckett

Musa Smith

A Thomas

N Davenport

Maurice Morris

Kenneth Darby

Kevin Faulk

Cedric Houston

Thomas Clayton

Dom Davis/Williams

Ciatrick Fason

Eric Shelton

Verron Haynes

Chris Perry

Wali Lundy

Chris Taylor

Noah Herron

Ryan Moats

Here are the RBs without commentary for the sake of time. I know I have a few much different than most. Please let me know what you think I am way off base on.TomlinsonS JacksonReggie BushLarry JohnsonBrian WestbrookFrank GoreWillie ParkerClinton PortisMJ DrewJoseph AddaiLaurence MaroneyAdrian PetersonWillis McGaheeRonnie BrownRudi JohnsonKevin JonesCedric BensonTravis HenryMichael TurnerShaun AlexanderMarshawn LynchM Barber IIIDeAngelo WilliamsJerious NorwoodDeuce McAllisterThomas JonesBrandon JacobsAhman GreenEdge JamesJulius JonesVernand MorencyCarnell WilliamsBrandon JacksonJamal lewisLamont JordanLadell BettsLeon WashingtonChester TaylorLorenzo BookerKenny IronsMichael BushMike BellLD WhiteR DroughnsChris HenryTatum BellChris BrownDeshaun FosterFred TaylorAdrian PetersonWarrick DunnRon DayneSammy MorrisMichael RobinsonGarrett WolfeDeDe DorseyDwayne WrightTony HuntAhmad BradshawKolby SmithAntonio PittmanDominic RhodesRicky WilliamsMaurice HicksMichael BennettBrian LeonardMarcel ShippC DillonKevan BarlowC BuckhalterDeshawn WynnMichael PittmanJerome HarrisonKenny WatsonGreg JonesMewelde MooreTJ DuckettMusa SmithA ThomasN DavenportMaurice MorrisKenneth DarbyKevin FaulkCedric HoustonThomas ClaytonDom Davis/WilliamsCiatrick FasonEric SheltonVerron HaynesChris PerryWali LundyChris TaylorNoah HerronRyan Moats
Now you have gone and done it. I hope this doesent negativly effect your upcoming draft. :goodposting: On bush at 3 - do you see him getting a significant role as a runner taking away from Duece in 07? It looks that way to me as you have duece being RB 25. I am not convinced yet that Bush can handle the work between the tackles especially at the stripe but I do expect him to take a bigger chunk of the offense this year. I don't greatly disagree with the ranking especialy if your looking long term but what does history say about year 2 for RBs? I would probobly not take Bush until RB9-10.I may be wrong but I have AD at RB 4. :thumbup: I am thinking long term here.I think it is interesting you have Ahman just ahead of Edge. Neither are long term answers but both could be solid performers this year.I think Carnell Williams does better than you have him ranked. I like what Tampa has done with thier Oline. Petigout is a good run blocker. I think that is one of his strengths. He certainly did not hurt Tiki in that department any. I think his main weakness is as a pass blocking LT. Him and the young guards are a strong group to help Williams moving forward. Also Garcia is a veteran QB who can keep drives going. My main worry is Chucky throwing the ball too much. But that is not how the offense is built. I guess we will see. Chucky frustrates the hell out of me as a Caddy owner.Are you seeing a 3 headed monster at Rb for the Titans? All 3 are ranked very low.Nice list bee. Still chewing on this one.

Here are the RBs without commentary for the sake of time. I know I have a few much different than most. Please let me know what you think I am way off base on.TomlinsonS JacksonReggie BushLarry JohnsonBrian WestbrookFrank GoreWillie ParkerClinton PortisMJ DrewJoseph AddaiLaurence MaroneyAdrian PetersonWillis McGaheeRonnie BrownRudi JohnsonKevin JonesCedric BensonTravis HenryMichael TurnerShaun AlexanderMarshawn LynchM Barber IIIDeAngelo WilliamsJerious NorwoodDeuce McAllisterThomas JonesBrandon JacobsAhman GreenEdge JamesJulius JonesVernand MorencyCarnell WilliamsBrandon JacksonJamal lewisLamont JordanLadell BettsLeon WashingtonChester TaylorLorenzo BookerKenny IronsMichael BushMike BellLD WhiteR DroughnsChris HenryTatum BellChris BrownDeshaun FosterFred TaylorAdrian PetersonWarrick DunnRon DayneSammy MorrisMichael RobinsonGarrett WolfeDeDe DorseyDwayne WrightTony HuntAhmad BradshawKolby SmithAntonio PittmanDominic RhodesRicky WilliamsMaurice HicksMichael BennettBrian LeonardMarcel ShippC DillonKevan BarlowC BuckhalterDeshawn WynnMichael PittmanJerome HarrisonKenny WatsonGreg JonesMewelde MooreTJ DuckettMusa SmithA ThomasN DavenportMaurice MorrisKenneth DarbyKevin FaulkCedric HoustonThomas ClaytonDom Davis/WilliamsCiatrick FasonEric SheltonVerron HaynesChris PerryWali LundyChris TaylorNoah HerronRyan Moats
Now you have gone and done it. I hope this doesent negativly effect your upcoming draft. :goodposting: On bush at 3 - do you see him getting a significant role as a runner taking away from Duece in 07? It looks that way to me as you have duece being RB 25. I am not convinced yet that Bush can handle the work between the tackles especially at the stripe but I do expect him to take a bigger chunk of the offense this year. I don't greatly disagree with the ranking especialy if your looking long term but what does history say about year 2 for RBs? I would probobly not take Bush until RB9-10.I may be wrong but I have AD at RB 4. :confused: I am thinking long term here.I think it is interesting you have Ahman just ahead of Edge. Neither are long term answers but both could be solid performers this year.I think Carnell Williams does better than you have him ranked. I like what Tampa has done with thier Oline. Petigout is a good run blocker. I think that is one of his strengths. He certainly did not hurt Tiki in that department any. I think his main weakness is as a pass blocking LT. Him and the young guards are a strong group to help Williams moving forward. Also Garcia is a veteran QB who can keep drives going. My main worry is Chucky throwing the ball too much. But that is not how the offense is built. I guess we will see. Chucky frustrates the hell out of me as a Caddy owner.Are you seeing a 3 headed monster at Rb for the Titans? All 3 are ranked very low.Nice list bee. Still chewing on this one.
Bush => all about the receptions in a ppr league. I was impressed with NO's ability to get him the ball in space last year. The Saints lose Horn and I can see some of those catches go to Bush. I think Deuce is used to salt away games with the lead. Deuce will get his, but the Saints will be determined to get Bush his touches every game since he makes plays.Caddy => I think Caddy is a RB who needs high touches to produce fantasy points. He wears down the defenses. But, he has difficulty staying healthy with those high touches. A few things that I considered: a. The WRs will be in flux next yr assuming galloway retired, and maybe Garcia, too b. The presence of Alstot and Pittman taking touches away and maybe the biggest is Gruden might be gone after 2007. If so, and Garcia or Galloway is gone, too, that offense could be in shambles.Titans RBs => I see a 3 headed monster. I cannot see White as a multi-year stud. He has not shown the maturity or discipline to prove he deserves the opportunity (see Brown signing). Brown should only be in Tenn one year. Injuries are a concern. Henry is raw, with potential, but will need another year. Honestly, I could see a Mike Turner, or other FA, in Tenn next year.

I forgot about the PPR aspect when looking at your list. Makes more sense having Bush that high because of that.

Supposedly Caddy has been working hard on improving as a reciever. I guess time will tell if he does or not.

You may be right about the titans. None of those guys excite me either. Even if Brown stays healthy and does well they do not seem willing to commit to him.

DeAngelo Lynch and Brandon Jackson might be better in a PPR than a normal league. All 3 of those guys are pretty good recievers.

Biabreakable said:
I forgot about the PPR aspect when looking at your list. Makes more sense having Bush that high because of that.Supposedly Caddy has been working hard on improving as a reciever. I guess time will tell if he does or not.You may be right about the titans. None of those guys excite me either. Even if Brown stays healthy and does well they do not seem willing to commit to him.DeAngelo Lynch and Brandon Jackson might be better in a PPR than a normal league. All 3 of those guys are pretty good recievers.
After looking at these two rookie RBs, and DWill (a 2nd yr RB), it is hard for me to be sold on these guys to the point I can move them up to where they are each being drafted. I feel we often forget how rare it is for younf RBs (or any RB) to get up to the level of a legit RB1 in any scoring format. I can see each being a RB2/3, but that is not what the expectations are.Thanks for the feedback. I am always willing to discuss, even re-consider, some of the rankings. I will try to put out the WR rankings tomorrow, without commentary.

Here are the WR rankings. I have a could in the WR40-60 range I am not comfortable about. I know many will not like a few of the choices, so let the discussion begin.

Steve Smith

Reggie Wayne

Chad Johnson

Andre Johnson

Torry Holt

Larry Fitzgerald

Lee Evans

Roy Williams

Calvin Johnson

Anquan Boldin

TJ Housh

Javon Walker

Plaxico Burress

Marques Colston

Santana Moss

Donald Driver

Terrell Owens

Marvin Harrison

Mark Clayton

Hines Ward

Laveranues Coles

Deion Branch

Braylon Edwards

Jerricho Cotchery

Reggie Brown

Randy Moss

Darrell Jackson

DJ Hackett

Greg Jennings

Dwayne Bowe

Santonio Holmes

Brandon Marshall

Chris Chambers

Bernard Berrian

Dwayne Jarrett

Jerry Porter

Demetrius Williams

Vincent Jackson

Robert Meachem

Patrick Crayton

Joey Galloway

Terry Glenn

Sidney Rice

Brandon Jones

Ronald Curry

Anthony Gonzalez

K. Curtis

Reggie Williams

Jason Hill

Drew Carter

Donte Stallworth

Chris Henry

Troy Williamson

Muhsin Muhammad

Devery Henderson

Isaac Bruce

Steve Smith

Ted Ginn

D. Hagan

Matt Jones

Joe Horn

Michael Clayton

Drew Bennett

Chad Jackson

Andrae Allison

Jacoby Jones

E. Kennison

Amani Toomer

Derrick Mason

Joe Jurevicius

Nate Washington

Mike Furrey

Laurent Robinson

Arnaz Battle

Wes Welker

Hank Baskett

James Jones

Mark Bradley

Johnny Lee Higgins

Maurice Stovall

Bobby Wade

Antonio Bryant

Mike Walker

Jeff Webb

Terrence Copper

Michael Jenkins

Paul Williams

Isaiah Stanback

Malcolm Floyd

Bobby Engram

Marty Booker

Bryant Johnson

Travis Wilson

Tab Perry

Ashley Lelie

Domenick Hixon

Samie Parker

David Clowney

David Givens

Shaun McDonald

Ernest Wilford

Koren Robinson

Cedric Wilson

Mike Williams

Courtney Taylor

Eric Parker

Roddy White

Ruvell Martin

Randel El

Jason Avant

Brad Smith

Justin McCareins

Peerless Price

Sam Hurd

Billy McMullen

Sinorice Moss

Kevin Walter

Nate Burleson

Roscoe Parrish

Dallas Baker

Doug Gabriel

Thanks for answering all my questions. I think I am just going to stay with who I have and hope I can make a run at the title.
Here we go again, everyone seems to want to trade with me for some reason but anyways here it goes.Another team has offered me McGahee for Boldin & J. Lewis or Boldin for Wayne should I take either one of them.My keepers with the first trade Leinart, Westbrook, McGahee, R. Brown, S. Smith, R. Moss and either Heap, Hasselbeck, or chicago DEF.My keepers with the 2nd tradeLeinart, Westbrook, J. Lewis, R. Brown, S. Smith, Wayne, R. MossMy Keepers without the tradeLeinart, Westbrook, J. Lewis, R. Brown, S. Smith, Boldin, R. MossBy looking at your WR ranking the 2nd one seems like a no brainer but I like the first one also since this would give me 3 stud RB's for the future but would leave me hanging at WR. I do not have a 1st round pick that is why I do not what to go into the draft without having 3 starting WR's.So what would you do?

Here we go again, everyone seems to want to trade with me for some reason but anyways here it goes.Another team has offered me McGahee for Boldin & J. Lewis or Boldin for Wayne should I take either one of them.My keepers with the first trade Leinart, Westbrook, McGahee, R. Brown, S. Smith, R. Moss and either Heap, Hasselbeck, or chicago DEF.My keepers with the 2nd tradeLeinart, Westbrook, J. Lewis, R. Brown, S. Smith, Wayne, R. MossMy Keepers without the tradeLeinart, Westbrook, J. Lewis, R. Brown, S. Smith, Boldin, R. MossBy looking at your WR ranking the 2nd one seems like a no brainer but I like the first one also since this would give me 3 stud RB's for the future but would leave me hanging at WR. I do not have a 1st round pick that is why I do not what to go into the draft without having 3 starting WR's.So what would you do?
I would take Willis or Wayne for Boldin ... no question. I think I would take Willis over Wayve just because of non-PPR league. You should be able to find a couple of WRs to fill the WR3/4 role without much issue. There will be much better served getting a stud RB. Heap should be a fine keeper in Lewis' place. In non-PPR leagues, I place a very high price on RBs getting touches each week and I am starting to think WIllis could have a good year.Good luck.

6 (2 must be rookies) player keeper league. 10 teams I have the 1.03 draft spot here are some of the players available LT, SA, Edge, TO, Harrison, H. Ward, Driver, Moss, Manning since we can not keep any player taken in the first 2 rounds.

My team:

QB Alex D. Smith, SF

QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA

QB Jay Cutler®, DEN (Keeper)

QB Chad Pennington, NYJ

RB Carnell Williams, TB (Keeper)

RB Warrick Dunn, ATL

RB Ahman Green, GB

RB Jerome Harrison®, CLE (Keeper)

RB Travis Henry, DEN (keeper)

WR Chad Johnson, CIN (keeper)

WR Eddie Kennison, KC

WR Javon Walker, DEN (keeper)

His team:

QB Philip Rivers, SD

RB LaMont Jordan, OAK

RB Kevin Jones, DET

RB Wali Lundy®, HOU

RB Joseph Addai®, IND

RB Leon Washington®, NYJ

RB Justin Fargas, OAK

WR Reggie Wayne, IND

WR Deion Branch, SEA

WR Rod Smith, DEN

WR Reche Caldwell, NE

WR Isaac Bruce, STL

WR Greg Jennings®, GB

WR Donte Stallworth, PHI

TE Alge Crumpler, ATL

TE Kellen Winslow, CLE

Rookies can be kept at any draft spot. Standard scoring with no PPR. Starting lineup 1 QB, 2RB's, 3WR's, 1TE.

Travis Henry & 2.08 for 1.06 & 3.06.

If I did this trade I would keep either Green or Dunn or maybe Hasselbeck.

If I knew that SA would be there I would do this trade, would you feel comfortable with Edge as your top RB.

So 2 questions would you do this trade and could you live with Edge being your #1RB?

6 (2 must be rookies) player keeper league. 10 teams I have the 1.03 draft spot here are some of the players available LT, SA, Edge, TO, Harrison, H. Ward, Driver, Moss, Manning since we can not keep any player taken in the first 2 rounds.My team:QB Alex D. Smith, SF QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA QB Jay Cutler®, DEN (Keeper)QB Chad Pennington, NYJ RB Carnell Williams, TB (Keeper)RB Warrick Dunn, ATL RB Ahman Green, GB RB Jerome Harrison®, CLE (Keeper)RB Travis Henry, DEN (keeper)WR Chad Johnson, CIN (keeper)WR Eddie Kennison, KC WR Javon Walker, DEN (keeper)His team:QB Philip Rivers, SD RB LaMont Jordan, OAK RB Kevin Jones, DET RB Wali Lundy®, HOU RB Joseph Addai®, IND RB Leon Washington®, NYJ RB Justin Fargas, OAK WR Reggie Wayne, IND WR Deion Branch, SEA WR Rod Smith, DEN WR Reche Caldwell, NE WR Isaac Bruce, STL WR Greg Jennings®, GB WR Donte Stallworth, PHI TE Alge Crumpler, ATL TE Kellen Winslow, CLE Rookies can be kept at any draft spot. Standard scoring with no PPR. Starting lineup 1 QB, 2RB's, 3WR's, 1TE.Travis Henry & 2.08 for 1.06 & 3.06.If I did this trade I would keep either Green or Dunn or maybe Hasselbeck.If I knew that SA would be there I would do this trade, would you feel comfortable with Edge as your top RB.So 2 questions would you do this trade and could you live with Edge being your #1RB?
I would want more for Henry. I expect him to be a top 8-10 RB this season. I expect Edge to be in the RB12-15 range. So, it would have to be very worthwhile for me to give my best RB up in a trade.

Now he has pulled out of both deals and came back to me with Wayne and 3.01 for 2.07, 3.07 and Boldin. Would you still do the this trade, I counter with Wayne for Boldin and 3.07 but he rejected it. This would only leave me with 2.06 & 3.01 in the first three rounds but I would have my starting lineup already taken care of.

what players do you expect to be there for those picks: 2.07, 3.01, and 3.07? I ask because it is easier to evaluate players than picks.

what players do you expect to be there for those picks: 2.07, 3.01, and 3.07? I ask because it is easier to evaluate players than picks.
Players to be enter into the draft M. JonesB. MarshallC. ChambersB. BeirianS. HolmesI. BruceB. EdwardsT. GlennDroughnsDunnCotcheryL. BettsV. JacksonHasselbeckRomoSchaubCulterGallowayMuhammadJ. HornE. KennisonI already know the first 2 picks will be AD and CJII.

Players to be enter into the draft M. JonesB. MarshallC. ChambersB. BeirianS. HolmesI. BruceB. EdwardsT. GlennDroughnsDunnCotcheryL. BettsV. JacksonHasselbeckRomoSchaubCulterGallowayMuhammadJ. HornE. KennisonI already know the first 2 picks will be AD and CJII.
With these keepers, I would do that deal to upgrade at WR> I have Wayne as a top 2-3 WR in every scoring system. Losing the 3rd rounder is probably equal to Matt Jones or VJax. That, and the drop from 2.07 to 3.01 is not too bad to upgrade to Wayne from Boldin.

Hey everyone, wannabee has a new name. I am going to be going by my "real" name. I will still check in to this thread and answe questions in the forum.

Jeff Tefertiller said:
Hey everyone, wannabee has a new name. I am going to be going by my "real" name. I will still check in to this thread and answe questions in the forum.
Wow you are a staffer now! Congrats. Pick 12 keepers for me please:HasslebeckKitnaMatt SchaubLTCaddy WilliamsJamal LewisCorey DillonDom RhodesBrian CalhounMike TurnerTorry HoltReggie WayneDon DriverReggie BrownMatt JonesVincent JacksonJoey GallowayLJ Smith Jon KasayJacksonville

Jeff Tefertiller said:
Wow you are a staffer now! Congrats. Pick 12 keepers for me please:HasslebeckKitnaMatt SchaubLTCaddy WilliamsJamal LewisCorey DillonDom RhodesBrian CalhounMike TurnerTorry HoltReggie WayneDon DriverReggie BrownMatt JonesVincent JacksonJoey GallowayLJ Smith Jon KasayJacksonville
Thank you for the kind words. My spelling/typing will still be bad. Without knowing the scoring or starting lineups, I would choose the following players. A starting lineup allowing more RBs to start or scoring rules might change it a little. But, there are many on this list that will be included, or not, in any league.The easy ones are:HasslebeckKitnaMatt SchaubLTCaddy WilliamsJamal LewisMike TurnerTorry HoltReggie WayneDon DriverReggie BrownJoey GallowayLJ Smith The last cut will depend on two things. If you start 2 QBs, you should keep all three QBs. Also, how many WRs do you start? The last cut should be a RB or WR. I would keep LJ at TE and all four RBs. Hope this helps.

Jeff Tefertiller said:
Thank you for the kind words. My spelling/typing will still be bad. Without knowing the scoring or starting lineups, I would choose the following players. A starting lineup allowing more RBs to start or scoring rules might change it a little. But, there are many on this list that will be included, or not, in any league.The easy ones are:HasslebeckKitnaMatt SchaubLTCaddy WilliamsJamal LewisMike TurnerTorry HoltReggie WayneDon DriverReggie BrownJoey GallowayLJ Smith The last cut will depend on two things. If you start 2 QBs, you should keep all three QBs. Also, how many WRs do you start? The last cut should be a RB or WR. I would keep LJ at TE and all four RBs. Hope this helps.
thanks!Start 1qb/2rb/3wr/te/k/d Non ppr -standar 1/10 rush/rec 1/50 qb all td's = 6 this is a 10 team keeper league, 12 keepers are due on Aug 1. Lost the SB last year. have the 9th pick 1st round.I was thinking keep V.Jax and let Joey and LJ or Schaub go. trying to pull a trade for the keeper deadline and move Driver and/or Schaub for picks.

Users who are viewing this thread