What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (4 Viewers)

Jeff Tefertiller said:
Hey everyone, wannabee has a new name. I am going to be going by my "real" name. I will still check in to this thread and answe questions in the forum.
Wow you are a staffer now! Congrats. Pick 12 keepers for me please:HasslebeckKitnaMatt SchaubLTCaddy WilliamsJamal LewisCorey DillonDom RhodesBrian CalhounMike TurnerTorry HoltReggie WayneDon DriverReggie BrownMatt JonesVincent JacksonJoey GallowayLJ Smith Jon KasayJacksonville
Thank you for the kind words. My spelling/typing will still be bad. Without knowing the scoring or starting lineups, I would choose the following players. A starting lineup allowing more RBs to start or scoring rules might change it a little. But, there are many on this list that will be included, or not, in any league.The easy ones are:HasslebeckKitnaMatt SchaubLTCaddy WilliamsJamal LewisMike TurnerTorry HoltReggie WayneDon DriverReggie BrownJoey GallowayLJ Smith The last cut will depend on two things. If you start 2 QBs, you should keep all three QBs. Also, how many WRs do you start? The last cut should be a RB or WR. I would keep LJ at TE and all four RBs. Hope this helps.
thanks!Start 1qb/2rb/3wr/te/k/d Non ppr -standar 1/10 rush/rec 1/50 qb all td's = 6 this is a 10 team keeper league, 12 keepers are due on Aug 1. Lost the SB last year. have the 9th pick 1st round.I was thinking keep V.Jax and let Joey and LJ or Schaub go. trying to pull a trade for the keeper deadline and move Driver and/or Schaub for picks.
In a start 1 QB league (10 teams), you could actually keep VJax and Galloway and just keep one QB. I especially say this since a 300 yd passing game only gets 6 points. I like Galloway for 2007 as a great wr3/4. He should outperform VJax and Brown in 2007, imo, and I understand wanting to keep them for the youth/upside.I might roll the dice and only keep Kitna, draft Stanton and another QB (like Campbell or Schaub) and you will be ok. Also, since it is a 10 teamer, you could let LJ go since most teams will keep their TE and you will only need to address TE in first couple of rounds. He seems underrated this year.

Hello everyone. I am thinking of ways to adapt this thread into something new. I will still answer all of the posts, same as normal. What type of content would you like to see here for the 2007 season?

Wannabe/Jeff: I'm enjoying your lists. Re: the WR's it's kind of hard for me to swallow two Lions in the top 10. I have Roy Williams in a dynasty league, and maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I see his numbers dropping significantly. Not as much as Mike Furrey's, but still significantly.

I'm a newbie around here but have been doing fantasy for over 15 years. From what I've seen on this thread it looks like people throw you questions and ask for advice. So here goes:

I'm in a standard scoring 8-team dynasty league w/ PPR. We recently did the rookie draft, and I will have to make 4 cuts by the time the season starts, from the following players:

Jason Campbell

Tarvaris Jackson

(I know I will keep Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, JaMarcus Russell, and Michael Vick who are all on the roster ahead of those guys)

Michael Bush

Dominic Rhodes

(I know I will keep Ronnie Brown, Frank Gore, Laurence Maroney, Willis McGahee, and Edgerrin James)

Michael Clayton

James Jones

Sidney Rice

Donte Stallworth

Mike Walker

(I know I will keep Mark Clayton, Larry Fitzgerald, Torry Holt, Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, and Roy Williams)

I can cut from whatever positions I feel necessary, so I'm just looking to keep BPA, or potential sleeper/breakout guys. As you can see, the teams are ridiculously deep, but that's the way the league is set up so I'll roll with it.

I know the obvious answer is that I'll have to wait until training camp to see how those young WR's do, but minicamp and OTA notes have been very encouraging so I'm pleased with the rookie draft at this point.

So when it's all said and done, I will end up cutting 4 of those 9 players listed above, and 5 will remain.

Wannabe/Jeff: I'm enjoying your lists. Re: the WR's it's kind of hard for me to swallow two Lions in the top 10. I have Roy Williams in a dynasty league, and maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I see his numbers dropping significantly. Not as much as Mike Furrey's, but still significantly.I'm a newbie around here but have been doing fantasy for over 15 years. From what I've seen on this thread it looks like people throw you questions and ask for advice. So here goes:I'm in a standard scoring 8-team dynasty league w/ PPR. We recently did the rookie draft, and I will have to make 4 cuts by the time the season starts, from the following players:Jason CampbellTarvaris Jackson(I know I will keep Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, JaMarcus Russell, and Michael Vick who are all on the roster ahead of those guys)Michael BushDominic Rhodes(I know I will keep Ronnie Brown, Frank Gore, Laurence Maroney, Willis McGahee, and Edgerrin James)Michael ClaytonJames JonesSidney RiceDonte StallworthMike Walker(I know I will keep Mark Clayton, Larry Fitzgerald, Torry Holt, Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, and Roy Williams)I can cut from whatever positions I feel necessary, so I'm just looking to keep BPA, or potential sleeper/breakout guys. As you can see, the teams are ridiculously deep, but that's the way the league is set up so I'll roll with it.I know the obvious answer is that I'll have to wait until training camp to see how those young WR's do, but minicamp and OTA notes have been very encouraging so I'm pleased with the rookie draft at this point.So when it's all said and done, I will end up cutting 4 of those 9 players listed above, and 5 will remain.
Thank you and welcome to footballguys.com. I try to make this a thread about info and answering all types of questions. Feel free to ask anything and I will do my best to answer. You have a very good team. Let's start with the cuts that should be the easiest. I see Tarvaris Jackson as an easy cut considering the QBs you already have. I would try to keep, if possible, Campbell just for the upside. He improved a lot last year. Of the RBs, I would cut Rhodes without hesitation. With the suspension, you can always pick him back up in the 3rd week (of the 4 he will miss) if you think he will get some game time. But, at Rhodes' age, with that horrible OLine and the RBBC, I would drop Rhodes without thinking too much about it.Two more to go. I would narrow it down to these players:Michael ClaytonJames JonesMike WalkerYou team is very strong and very deep. None of these three will impact your team much in 2007 so I am trying to look at 2008. I would keep an eye on Walker's injury. If he is healthy, then I would monitor the Stovall vs Clayton situation. Given Favre's status, and the flux of the Packer offense (run game, no TE, young OL), I think Jones would be the first cut. And, I would narrow it down to Walker vs Clayton for the other drop.On the two Lions' WRs, I have Roy lower than most. I might need to drop him some as I perceive more uncertainty in the Lion pass game (with Kitna's age and Martz maybe leaving after 2007) than most do. I think you bring up a good point. One thing I thought of is that if I have Kitna that low, then I probably need to drop the WRs a little for the same reasoning. There should be a correlation between Kitna and the Lions' WRs (especially ROy), imo_Once again, welcome to footballguys.com. Feel free to ask anything. I would like this thread to be a discussion of football. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice. My thoughts are pretty much the same as yours.

Michael Clayton put up such great numbers as a rookie, it's hard to give up on him in favor of some other unproven guy. But it's a matter of "what have you done for me lately."

And even though I'm going to likely cut him, don't be surprised if James Jones turns some heads. I spend a lot of time monitoring the Packers and word out of Green Bay is that he looks silky smooth, catches the ball effortlessly, and that defenders just have a way of falling off of him as he makes tough catches in traffic.

eire5199 said:
Thanks for the advice. My thoughts are pretty much the same as yours. Michael Clayton put up such great numbers as a rookie, it's hard to give up on him in favor of some other unproven guy. But it's a matter of "what have you done for me lately."And even though I'm going to likely cut him, don't be surprised if James Jones turns some heads. I spend a lot of time monitoring the Packers and word out of Green Bay is that he looks silky smooth, catches the ball effortlessly, and that defenders just have a way of falling off of him as he makes tough catches in traffic.
I wrote a post in this thread about Clayton. His stats (especially targets) have gone down tremendously since Griese left. One thing I think of with Jones is that KRob will be back midseason. I think I might cut Clayton first and see if Walker or Jones produces more in preseason. Good luck. Please feel free to ask anything else, any time.

Hey Jeff,

I would like your thoughts on the 2008 rookie draft (I'm already looking forward to it) and the RB depth. It is my opinion that it will be very deep and the time is now to try and stockpile 08 picks (especially 1st round) before the hype begins.

Assuming you will agree with the exceptional depth that the 08 rookie class will hold, can you talk about placing a value on 08 1st round picks when looking to trade veterans for them (rookie picks).

Can you list they "type" of players you would trade for an 08 1st round pick. I know there are many variables; early or late 1st round, scoring system, team, ect. Maybe you can speak in general terms.

Thanks

RJ

Hey Jeff,I would like your thoughts on the 2008 rookie draft (I'm already looking forward to it) and the RB depth. It is my opinion that it will be very deep and the time is now to try and stockpile 08 picks (especially 1st round) before the hype begins.Assuming you will agree with the exceptional depth that the 08 rookie class will hold, can you talk about placing a value on 08 1st round picks when looking to trade veterans for them (rookie picks).Can you list they "type" of players you would trade for an 08 1st round pick. I know there are many variables; early or late 1st round, scoring system, team, ect. Maybe you can speak in general terms.ThanksRJ
In most cases, the best players to trade for 2008 1st round picks are the aging veterans. Earlier this offseason, I traded Alexander for the 1.04 and Deuce. I then traded the 1.04 for a 2008 1st, 2.02 in 2007 and a couple other picks. To me, the easiest player to get a 2008 1st for is a QB. I trded Romo for Alge and a 2008 1st to a team that felt he was a QB away from competing. No one values TEs outside of Gates so I doubt you can get a 2008 1st for a TE. I would look at the WRs in the WR14-20 range as ideal to trade for a pick. It might be a Driver, Housh, Santana, Randy Moss, Harrison, etc, that a team thinks will help them. Most want the player for the pick with the thought that the pick will be downgraded because they are getting starter help. RBs are tough to judge. The RBs I would be looking to trade for 2008 1sts are the ones like Alexander, Deuce, MB3, TJones, Ahman, etc if I thought I was getting a high 2008 1st and I could afford the loss of the RB. I look to trade the RBs whom I think have limited upside. The 2008 class, as I see it, is deep and strong. The Rbs are probably the best position with a QB class much deeper than 2007 and a WR class maybe equaling 2007 depending on who declares. I think 2008 2nd and 3rd round rookie picks might have value like they do in 2007. Some years, they are a waste. I hope I answered everything. I, too, am stockpiling 2008 1sts. I am trying to build my team around strong young rbs and vet wrs. The picks allow me extra value and the young rbs.

Hey Jeff,I would like your thoughts on the 2008 rookie draft (I'm already looking forward to it) and the RB depth. It is my opinion that it will be very deep and the time is now to try and stockpile 08 picks (especially 1st round) before the hype begins.Assuming you will agree with the exceptional depth that the 08 rookie class will hold, can you talk about placing a value on 08 1st round picks when looking to trade veterans for them (rookie picks).Can you list they "type" of players you would trade for an 08 1st round pick. I know there are many variables; early or late 1st round, scoring system, team, ect. Maybe you can speak in general terms.ThanksRJ
In most cases, the best players to trade for 2008 1st round picks are the aging veterans. Earlier this offseason, I traded Alexander for the 1.04 and Deuce. I then traded the 1.04 for a 2008 1st, 2.02 in 2007 and a couple other picks. To me, the easiest player to get a 2008 1st for is a QB. I trded Romo for Alge and a 2008 1st to a team that felt he was a QB away from competing. No one values TEs outside of Gates so I doubt you can get a 2008 1st for a TE. I would look at the WRs in the WR14-20 range as ideal to trade for a pick. It might be a Driver, Housh, Santana, Randy Moss, Harrison, etc, that a team thinks will help them. Most want the player for the pick with the thought that the pick will be downgraded because they are getting starter help. RBs are tough to judge. The RBs I would be looking to trade for 2008 1sts are the ones like Alexander, Deuce, MB3, TJones, Ahman, etc if I thought I was getting a high 2008 1st and I could afford the loss of the RB. I look to trade the RBs whom I think have limited upside. The 2008 class, as I see it, is deep and strong. The Rbs are probably the best position with a QB class much deeper than 2007 and a WR class maybe equaling 2007 depending on who declares. I think 2008 2nd and 3rd round rookie picks might have value like they do in 2007. Some years, they are a waste. I hope I answered everything. I, too, am stockpiling 2008 1sts. I am trying to build my team around strong young rbs and vet wrs. The picks allow me extra value and the young rbs.
Thanks for the quick reply.I have an owner making a run at Colston who I own and is offering me his 08 1st round pick (will probably be a mid rounder). My other WR's are TO, Holt, Hackett among others. Colston would fall fairly close to your ranking range (#14ish) but he is obviously young and in a great position. In your opinion, is Colston a sell high guy or his best years ahead of him??(My RB's are older/injury prone....KJ, Westy, A. Green, etc)Thanks again....****PPR Format****

Here are the WR rankings. I have a could in the WR40-60 range I am not comfortable about. I know many will not like a few of the choices, so let the discussion begin.

Steve Smith

Reggie Wayne

Chad Johnson

Andre Johnson

Torry Holt

Larry Fitzgerald

Lee Evans

Roy Williams

Calvin Johnson

Anquan Boldin

TJ Housh

Javon Walker

Plaxico Burress

Marques Colston

Santana Moss

Donald Driver

Terrell Owens

Marvin Harrison

Mark Clayton

Hines Ward

Laveranues Coles

Deion Branch

Braylon Edwards

Jerricho Cotchery

Reggie Brown

Randy Moss

Darrell Jackson

DJ Hackett

Greg Jennings

Dwayne Bowe

Santonio Holmes

Brandon Marshall

Chris Chambers

Bernard Berrian

Dwayne Jarrett

Jerry Porter

Demetrius Williams

Vincent Jackson

Robert Meachem

Patrick Crayton

Joey Galloway

Terry Glenn

Sidney Rice

Brandon Jones

Ronald Curry

Anthony Gonzalez

K. Curtis

Reggie Williams

Jason Hill

Drew Carter

Donte Stallworth

Chris Henry

Troy Williamson

Muhsin Muhammad

Devery Henderson

Isaac Bruce

Steve Smith

Ted Ginn

D. Hagan

Matt Jones

Joe Horn

Michael Clayton

Drew Bennett

Chad Jackson

Andrae Allison

Jacoby Jones

E. Kennison

Amani Toomer

Derrick Mason

Joe Jurevicius

Nate Washington

Mike Furrey

Laurent Robinson

Arnaz Battle

Wes Welker

Hank Baskett

James Jones

Mark Bradley

Johnny Lee Higgins

Maurice Stovall

Bobby Wade

Antonio Bryant

Mike Walker

Jeff Webb

Terrence Copper

Michael Jenkins

Paul Williams

Isaiah Stanback

Malcolm Floyd

Bobby Engram

Marty Booker

Bryant Johnson

Travis Wilson

Tab Perry

Ashley Lelie

Domenick Hixon

Samie Parker

David Clowney

David Givens

Shaun McDonald

Ernest Wilford

Koren Robinson

Cedric Wilson

Mike Williams

Courtney Taylor

Eric Parker

Roddy White

Ruvell Martin

Randel El

Jason Avant

Brad Smith

Justin McCareins

Peerless Price

Sam Hurd

Billy McMullen

Sinorice Moss

Kevin Walter

Nate Burleson

Roscoe Parrish

Dallas Baker

Doug Gabriel
A lot to talk about here, but I will focus on one player at a time.Andre Johnson

-We all know his skill-set. Not a question. A very favorable ranking though, and as a AJ owner I am interested in why you feel he can achieve this. Are you a believer in Schaub/Kubiak making a notable difference in decision making/playcalling to increase his numbers (which BTW, I believe have been incredible based on his situation). In order to achieve this ranking, he must increase his ability to get 6, which he has struggled to do in his career. Is this his problem, or do you see this being resolved with a new QB and with Kubiak progressing as a coach?

Here are the WR rankings. I have a could in the WR40-60 range I am not comfortable about. I know many will not like a few of the choices, so let the discussion begin.

Steve Smith

Reggie Wayne

Chad Johnson

Andre Johnson

Torry Holt

Larry Fitzgerald

Lee Evans

Roy Williams

Calvin Johnson

Anquan Boldin

TJ Housh

Javon Walker

Plaxico Burress

Marques Colston

Santana Moss

Donald Driver

Terrell Owens

Marvin Harrison

Mark Clayton

Hines Ward

Laveranues Coles

Deion Branch

Braylon Edwards

Jerricho Cotchery

Reggie Brown

Randy Moss

Darrell Jackson

DJ Hackett

Greg Jennings

Dwayne Bowe

Santonio Holmes

Brandon Marshall

Chris Chambers

Bernard Berrian

Dwayne Jarrett

Jerry Porter

Demetrius Williams

Vincent Jackson

Robert Meachem

Patrick Crayton

Joey Galloway

Terry Glenn

Sidney Rice

Brandon Jones

Ronald Curry

Anthony Gonzalez

K. Curtis

Reggie Williams

Jason Hill

Drew Carter

Donte Stallworth

Chris Henry

Troy Williamson

Muhsin Muhammad

Devery Henderson

Isaac Bruce

Steve Smith

Ted Ginn

D. Hagan

Matt Jones

Joe Horn

Michael Clayton

Drew Bennett

Chad Jackson

Andrae Allison

Jacoby Jones

E. Kennison

Amani Toomer

Derrick Mason

Joe Jurevicius

Nate Washington

Mike Furrey

Laurent Robinson

Arnaz Battle

Wes Welker

Hank Baskett

James Jones

Mark Bradley

Johnny Lee Higgins

Maurice Stovall

Bobby Wade

Antonio Bryant

Mike Walker

Jeff Webb

Terrence Copper

Michael Jenkins

Paul Williams

Isaiah Stanback

Malcolm Floyd

Bobby Engram

Marty Booker

Bryant Johnson

Travis Wilson

Tab Perry

Ashley Lelie

Domenick Hixon

Samie Parker

David Clowney

David Givens

Shaun McDonald

Ernest Wilford

Koren Robinson

Cedric Wilson

Mike Williams

Courtney Taylor

Eric Parker

Roddy White

Ruvell Martin

Randel El

Jason Avant

Brad Smith

Justin McCareins

Peerless Price

Sam Hurd

Billy McMullen

Sinorice Moss

Kevin Walter

Nate Burleson

Roscoe Parrish

Dallas Baker

Doug Gabriel
A lot to talk about here, but I will focus on one player at a time.Andre Johnson

-We all know his skill-set. Not a question. A very favorable ranking though, and as a AJ owner I am interested in why you feel he can achieve this. Are you a believer in Schaub/Kubiak making a notable difference in decision making/playcalling to increase his numbers (which BTW, I believe have been incredible based on his situation). In order to achieve this ranking, he must increase his ability to get 6, which he has struggled to do in his career. Is this his problem, or do you see this being resolved with a new QB and with Kubiak progressing as a coach?
I see Schaub performing well and they invested in him. AJ is a young guy. Since it is ppr, I see AJ getting high catches for several years. Kubiak should help Schaub improve. Plus the addition of Ahman will help the offense move the ball. The loss of Moulds as a true WR2 will help AJ some as well.

Steve Smith

Reggie Wayne

Chad Johnson

Andre Johnson

Torry Holt

Larry Fitzgerald

Lee Evans

Roy Williams

Calvin Johnson

Anquan Boldin

TJ Housh

Javon Walker

Plaxico Burress

Marques Colston

Santana Moss

Donald Driver

Terrell Owens

Marvin Harrison

Mark Clayton

Hines Ward

Laveranues Coles

Deion Branch

Braylon Edwards

Jerricho Cotchery

Reggie Brown

Randy Moss

Darrell Jackson

DJ Hackett

Greg Jennings

Dwayne Bowe

Santonio Holmes

Brandon Marshall

Chris Chambers

Bernard Berrian

Dwayne Jarrett

Jerry Porter

Demetrius Williams

Vincent Jackson

Robert Meachem

Patrick Crayton

Joey Galloway

Terry Glenn

Sidney Rice

Brandon Jones

Ronald Curry

Anthony Gonzalez

K. Curtis

Reggie Williams

Jason Hill

Drew Carter

Donte Stallworth

Chris Henry

Troy Williamson

Muhsin Muhammad

Devery Henderson

Isaac Bruce

Steve Smith

Ted Ginn

D. Hagan

Matt Jones

Joe Horn

Michael Clayton

Drew Bennett

Chad Jackson

Andrae Allison

Jacoby Jones

E. Kennison

Amani Toomer

Derrick Mason

Joe Jurevicius

Nate Washington

Mike Furrey

Laurent Robinson

Arnaz Battle

Wes Welker

Hank Baskett

James Jones

Mark Bradley

Johnny Lee Higgins

Maurice Stovall

Bobby Wade

Antonio Bryant

Mike Walker

Jeff Webb

Terrence Copper

Michael Jenkins

Paul Williams

Isaiah Stanback

Malcolm Floyd

Bobby Engram

Marty Booker

Bryant Johnson

Travis Wilson

Tab Perry

Ashley Lelie

Domenick Hixon

Samie Parker

David Clowney

David Givens

Shaun McDonald

Ernest Wilford

Koren Robinson

Cedric Wilson

Mike Williams

Courtney Taylor

Eric Parker

Roddy White

Ruvell Martin

Randel El

Jason Avant

Brad Smith

Justin McCareins

Peerless Price

Sam Hurd

Billy McMullen

Sinorice Moss

Kevin Walter

Nate Burleson

Roscoe Parrish

Dallas Baker

Doug Gabriel

I see Schaub performing well and they invested in him. AJ is a young guy. Since it is ppr, I see AJ getting high catches for several years. Kubiak should help Schaub improve. Plus the addition of Ahman will help the offense move the ball. The loss of Moulds as a true WR2 will help AJ some as well.
Jeff, you don't think it will actually hurt AJ to not have a proven/legit #2 across from him? Last year was his career-best for catches, and Moulds was opposite. The other seasons it was a hodgepodge of also-rans, and he didn't put up nearly the numbers. It also helped to have a solid running game with Domanick Davis (Williams) behind center. The fact that AJ has no real complement on the other side, along with the O-line not getting a ton better (meaning Schaub could face the same problems Carr did with his passes being hurried) and an aging, no longer elite RB in Green says to me that Johnson, while still a very good receiver, might finish closer to the 12-15 range rather than the top 10, as I've seen a lot of people put him. Also, he hasn't been much of a TD option in recent years -- though you could say that about the Texans in general.

evilempire said:

Steve Smith

Reggie Wayne

Chad Johnson

Andre Johnson

Torry Holt

Larry Fitzgerald

Lee Evans

Roy Williams

Calvin Johnson

Anquan Boldin

TJ Housh

Javon Walker

Plaxico Burress

Marques Colston

Santana Moss

Donald Driver

Terrell Owens

Marvin Harrison

Mark Clayton

Hines Ward

Laveranues Coles

Deion Branch

Braylon Edwards

Jerricho Cotchery

Reggie Brown

Randy Moss

Darrell Jackson

DJ Hackett

Greg Jennings

Dwayne Bowe

Santonio Holmes

Brandon Marshall

Chris Chambers

Bernard Berrian

Dwayne Jarrett

Jerry Porter

Demetrius Williams

Vincent Jackson

Robert Meachem

Patrick Crayton

Joey Galloway

Terry Glenn

Sidney Rice

Brandon Jones

Ronald Curry

Anthony Gonzalez

K. Curtis

Reggie Williams

Jason Hill

Drew Carter

Donte Stallworth

Chris Henry

Troy Williamson

Muhsin Muhammad

Devery Henderson

Isaac Bruce

Steve Smith

Ted Ginn

D. Hagan

Matt Jones

Joe Horn

Michael Clayton

Drew Bennett

Chad Jackson

Andrae Allison

Jacoby Jones

E. Kennison

Amani Toomer

Derrick Mason

Joe Jurevicius

Nate Washington

Mike Furrey

Laurent Robinson

Arnaz Battle

Wes Welker

Hank Baskett

James Jones

Mark Bradley

Johnny Lee Higgins

Maurice Stovall

Bobby Wade

Antonio Bryant

Mike Walker

Jeff Webb

Terrence Copper

Michael Jenkins

Paul Williams

Isaiah Stanback

Malcolm Floyd

Bobby Engram

Marty Booker

Bryant Johnson

Travis Wilson

Tab Perry

Ashley Lelie

Domenick Hixon

Samie Parker

David Clowney

David Givens

Shaun McDonald

Ernest Wilford

Koren Robinson

Cedric Wilson

Mike Williams

Courtney Taylor

Eric Parker

Roddy White

Ruvell Martin

Randel El

Jason Avant

Brad Smith

Justin McCareins

Peerless Price

Sam Hurd

Billy McMullen

Sinorice Moss

Kevin Walter

Nate Burleson

Roscoe Parrish

Dallas Baker

Doug Gabriel

Jeff, you don't think it will actually hurt AJ to not have a proven/legit #2 across from him? Last year was his career-best for catches, and Moulds was opposite. The other seasons it was a hodgepodge of also-rans, and he didn't put up nearly the numbers. It also helped to have a solid running game with Domanick Davis (Williams) behind center. The fact that AJ has no real complement on the other side, along with the O-line not getting a ton better (meaning Schaub could face the same problems Carr did with his passes being hurried) and an aging, no longer elite RB in Green says to me that Johnson, while still a very good receiver, might finish closer to the 12-15 range rather than the top 10, as I've seen a lot of people put him. Also, he hasn't been much of a TD option in recent years -- though you could say that about the Texans in general.
I do not think anyone considered Moulds a real threat so AJ should get as much coverage in 2007. I do think that Kubiak knows what he is doing. When I look at young WRs for PPR leagues, I think of AJ in that 2nd tier. He is a physical specimen that I see turning the corner.

Hey Jeff,I posted this a few back and I think you missed it. Would you comment on M. Colston's dynasty value in a PPR format??Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.I have an owner making a run at Colston who I own and is offering me his 08 1st round pick (will probably be a mid rounder). My other WR's are TO, Holt, Hackett among others. Colston would fall fairly close to your ranking range (#14ish) but he is obviously young and in a great position. In your opinion, is Colston a sell high guy or his best years ahead of him??(My RB's are older/injury prone....KJ, Westy, A. Green, etc)Thanks again....****PPR Format****

Hey Jeff,I posted this a few back and I think you missed it. Would you comment on M. Colston's dynasty value in a PPR format??Thanks

I apologize for missing it. IMO, Colston is worth much more than a 2008 1st. I expect Colston to have a Plax-type career hanging in the wr10-15 range. To move Colston, in a PPR league where he was a top 10 until injury, I would want more. I understand where he is WR depth for your team, but he is a WR1 for someone else. I think I would want a top 15 RB that is young for him. Top 15 RB= ranked just a little higher than the MB3 or Deuce tier.Once again, sorry for missing it. If you see that I miss something, feel free to shoot me an email or pm. I hope this helps. I play in 2 PPR leagues and am going by Colston's value in each.

Hey Jeff, I posted this in the other thread but thought you'd might enjoy a crack at it.

I'm playing in a league that is converting to dynasty this year. It would take a while to explain, but basically I have to decide whether to keep Cadillac Williams with my third round pick (3.8) before the draft, which means I won't have any idea if that represents good value for him. It's a 12-team league and the other possible/likely 3rd round keepers are Gore, Maroney, Fitz, DWill, Walker, A.Johnson, and Evans. All other players will be available in the draft.

Our starting requirements are:

1-2 QB

1-2 RB

3-4 WR

1-2 TE

1 K

1 Def

**10 Total**

So basically everyone will try to start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, and Def but there's flexibility to start an extra WR and/or TE if you're short at QB and/or RB. Scoring is 1pt/25yds passing, 4pt passing TDs, 1pt/10yds rush/rec, 6 pt rush/rec TDs, and 1 PPR for all positions.

Last year the positions were fairly balanced, so I expect a few more QBs and WRs will go in the 2nd round than you would expect in more standard dynasty draft. Knowing my leagumates, I expect the first round to go something like this (remember, Gore and Maroney are gone):

1. LT

2. SJax

3. Bush

4. LJ

5. Parker

6. Addai

7. Westy

Let's assume at #8 I take MJD. If I lock into Cadillac before the draft, I'd like to go WR at 2.5. I expect CJ, Holt, or Roy will be available. I think one of those guys with MJD and Caddy is a decent start to my team and since my 3rd round pick is locked, I can almost be positive I'll get at least that much if not better.

However, I expect it's possible that Brees, Bulger, KJ, Lynch, Boldin, and/or Colston will be available at 3.8. If I don't lock myself into Caddy, I'd have the flexibility to snag one of the receivers mentioned earlier or go RB with R.Brown/Rudi at 2.5 and then take whatever falls to me at 3.8, and I do think my leaguemates will let someone slip through the cracks.

So I guess it boils down to this - should I lock myself into a "good" first three rounds, or roll the dice on nailing a "great" first three rounds?

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff, I posted this in the other thread but thought you'd might enjoy a crack at it.

I'm playing in a league that is converting to dynasty this year. It would take a while to explain, but basically I have to decide whether to keep Cadillac Williams with my third round pick (3.8) before the draft, which means I won't have any idea if that represents good value for him. It's a 12-team league and the other possible/likely 3rd round keepers are Gore, Maroney, Fitz, DWill, Walker, A.Johnson, and Evans. All other players will be available in the draft.

Our starting requirements are:

1-2 QB

1-2 RB

3-4 WR

1-2 TE

1 K

1 Def

**10 Total**

So basically everyone will try to start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, and Def but there's flexibility to start an extra WR and/or TE if you're short at QB and/or RB. Scoring is 1pt/25yds passing, 4pt passing TDs, 1pt/10yds rush/rec, 6 pt rush/rec TDs, and 1 PPR for all positions.

Last year the positions were fairly balanced, so I expect a few more QBs and WRs will go in the 2nd round than you would expect in more standard dynasty draft. Knowing my leagumates, I expect the first round to go something like this (remember, Gore and Maroney are gone):

1. LT

2. SJax

3. Bush

4. LJ

5. Parker

6. Addai

7. Westy

Let's assume at #8 I take MJD. If I lock into Cadillac before the draft, I'd like to go WR at 2.5. I expect CJ, Holt, or Roy will be available. I think one of those guys with MJD and Caddy is a decent start to my team and since my 3rd round pick is locked, I can almost be positive I'll get at least that much if not better.

However, I expect it's possible that Brees, Bulger, KJ, Lynch, Boldin, and/or Colston will be available at 3.8. If I don't lock myself into Caddy, I'd have the flexibility to snag one of the receivers mentioned earlier or go RB with R.Brown/Rudi at 2.5 and then take whatever falls to me at 3.8, and I do think my leaguemates will let someone slip through the cracks.

So I guess it boils down to this - should I lock myself into a "good" first three rounds, or roll the dice on nailing a "great" first three rounds?

:popcorn:
I will freely admit that I think Caddy is not worth that pick in your league. I think you could get a a better player with that pick. I know there is an appeal of having a RB locked in. But, I can safely say that I would not feel comfortable starting Caddy as a RB2 each and every week. WRs should drop in this league and QBs/RBs go soon, except since fewer RBs start ... they are somewhat devalued.Hope this helps.

I'm in an all FBG's league, 14 teams, start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 Flex, standard scoring. RB's are highly valued, needless to say. I decided to implode my team earlier in the offseason and traded my only remaining starting RB (Rudi) for the 1.01. I've recently been offered the following:

1.01 + 1.12 + Glenn

for

Romo, Marion Barber + Plaxico + '08 1st

My roster is truly imploded as I've sold off any decent players I could get a return on:

QB - Tarvaris Jackson

RB - Droughns, Perry, Calhoun, Lundy, DomDavis

WR/TE - Glenn, Gonzo, Williamson, Welker, Michael Clayton, Wes Welker

Picks - 1.01, 1.05, 1.12, 1.13 & an extra '08 1st from a solid team

His roster:

QB - Brady, Romo

RB - DeAngelo, Barber, MoJo, Chester Taylor, Dunn

WR - Steve Smith, Colston, Burress,

The 1.12 for the '08 1st seems like a wash. Peterson could be huge, but getting 3 solid dynasty players in his place might be a good start to rebuilding. I know which way I am leaning, but looking for a 2nd opinion.

I'm in an all FBG's league, 14 teams, start 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 Flex, standard scoring. RB's are highly valued, needless to say. I decided to implode my team earlier in the offseason and traded my only remaining starting RB (Rudi) for the 1.01. I've recently been offered the following:1.01 + 1.12 + GlennforRomo, Marion Barber + Plaxico + '08 1stMy roster is truly imploded as I've sold off any decent players I could get a return on:QB - Tarvaris JacksonRB - Droughns, Perry, Calhoun, Lundy, DomDavisWR/TE - Glenn, Gonzo, Williamson, Welker, Michael Clayton, Wes WelkerPicks - 1.01, 1.05, 1.12, 1.13 & an extra '08 1st from a solid teamHis roster:QB - Brady, RomoRB - DeAngelo, Barber, MoJo, Chester Taylor, DunnWR - Steve Smith, Colston, Burress, The 1.12 for the '08 1st seems like a wash. Peterson could be huge, but getting 3 solid dynasty players in his place might be a good start to rebuilding. I know which way I am leaning, but looking for a 2nd opinion.
I know those look like good pieces to add but the 1.01 (assuming Peterson) is worth much more imo. Romo, MB3, and Plax are all good players. None of those players help you win any more games this year. You are giving up Glenn as well, who is a decent WR2 for most teams in a 14 teamer. I realize that in a 14 teamer, QBs and RBs are difficult to come by,, but that also means Peterson is worth more than in a 12 teamer. I would look to sell of the 1.12 and 1.13 for 2008 1sts for the bad teams. I do think this is a close one, but In a 14 teamer, the true studs are worth even more. Since you have a work in progress, acquiring "decent" starters really does not help you do much but win 1-2 more games than you would have.

I am in a No Mercy Draft, and drafting from the 1.04 hole. I would like to pass on some of the things I have learned about this draft slot... draft still in process.

1.04 - I was going to take Gore or LJ, whichever was there. No PPR, tells me RBs are needed.

2.09 - The player I was targeting was TOwens and he was there. I have him as WR1 at this time.

3.04 - I was trying to decide between Gates and Roy Williams. I chose Gates and the ripple effect has made me regret the pick a few times.

4.09 - I was happy to see Brandon Jacobs there as a decent RB2 in non-PPR league.

5.04 - I wanted either a top 10 WR, Deuce or MB3. Barber was all that was left. WRs down to Ward were gone and no value was there.

So, for a league that starts 1 qb, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE I only have 1 WR and feel the pinch in the next two picks.

6.09 - Reggie Brown. I might have reached here. Was deciding between he and DJax.

7.04 - DJax feel so I have WR2/3 taken care of.

8.09 - I did not like the options and took a swing for the fences and took Michael Turner.

9.04 - I felt the need to get WR depth and took the best WR on my board ... Brandon Marshall

10.09 - I thought I had waited long enough on QB and took Brett Favre, one of my sleepers this year. He was the last "decent" QB left and I was very happy he was available.

11.04 - I still did not see much value so I took the Patriot defense.

12.09 - With my lack of good WR depth, I took a shot on potential and drafted DWayne Jarrett.

13.04 - Since I waited so long for QB1, I chose to take Grossman as QB2 after more than 20 QBs were gone. I am very high on Grossman this yr.

14.09 - Since we only start 2 RBs each week, I thought I had enough depth, so I took Irons for another swing for the fences. I feel good about he and Turner.

15.04 - This is the point of the draft I like to take chances, so I took Chris Henry, WR.

We have three more rounds to go, but my team looks like:

Favre, Grossman

Gore, Jacobs, BarberIII, Turner, Irons

TOwens, RegBrown, DJackson, Marshall, Jarrett, Henry

Gates

?

NE Defense

I think I had to use more middle round picks on WR than I would have liked because I chose Gates over Roy Williams. We will see if my WR depth can cover up the lack of stars at wr2/3.

So, what do you think of this team? 6 point all TDs. No PPR. No Flex.

I am in a No Mercy Draft, and drafting from the 1.04 hole. I would like to pass on some of the things I have learned about this draft slot... draft still in process.

1.04 - I was going to take Gore or LJ, whichever was there. No PPR, tells me RBs are needed.

2.09 - The player I was targeting was TOwens and he was there. I have him as WR1 at this time.

3.04 - I was trying to decide between Gates and Roy Williams. I chose Gates and the ripple effect has made me regret the pick a few times.

4.09 - I was happy to see Brandon Jacobs there as a decent RB2 in non-PPR league.

5.04 - I wanted either a top 10 WR, Deuce or MB3. Barber was all that was left. WRs down to Ward were gone and no value was there.

So, for a league that starts 1 qb, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE I only have 1 WR and feel the pinch in the next two picks.

6.09 - Reggie Brown. I might have reached here. Was deciding between he and DJax.

8.09 - I did not like the options and took a swing for the fences and took Michael Turner.

9.04 - I felt the need to get WR depth and took the best WR on my board ... Brandon Marshall

10.09 - I thought I had waited long enough on QB and took Brett Favre, one of my sleepers this year. He was the last "decent" QB left and I was very happy he was available.

12.09 - With my lack of good WR depth, I took a shot on potential and drafted DWayne Jarrett.

13.04 - Since I waited so long for QB1, I chose to take Grossman as QB2 after more than 20 QBs were gone. I am very high on Grossman this yr.

14.09 - Since we only start 2 RBs each week, I thought I had enough depth, so I took Irons for another swing for the fences. I feel good about he and Turner.

15.04 - This is the point of the draft I like to take chances, so I took Chris Henry, WR.

Favre, Grossman

Gates

?

NE Defense

I think I had to use more middle round picks on WR than I would have liked because I chose Gates over Roy Williams. We will see if my WR depth can cover up the lack of stars at wr2/3.

In a start 2WR no flex no PPR league I think you made the right decision taking Gates over Roy Williams and most other WR that may have still been available in the 3rd round.While it may feel like you were behind using such a high pick on Gates I think he is well worth it. The WR you ended up with in later rounds are good enough for the advantage Gates gives you to pay off imho.

The RBs you drafted are what gives me some concern. As long as Jacobs is the real deal then you will be fine.. but he makes me nervous. Hopefully he is like Okoye at least this year.

I do not think Barber 3 is a shoe in either. But he was a decent guy to pick where you got him.

The interception machines at QB make me wonder a bit also. Great value where you got them but does this league have high penalties for interceptions? If not then this was a crafty move. If so you may be pulling your hair out with that duo at times this season.

Wondering what you think of the Anarcy scoring system if you feel like talking strategy about that.

Favre, Grossman

Gates

?

NE Defense

In a start 2WR no flex no PPR league I think you made the right decision taking Gates over Roy Williams and most other WR that may have still been available in the 3rd round.While it may feel like you were behind using such a high pick on Gates I think he is well worth it. The WR you ended up with in later rounds are good enough for the advantage Gates gives you to pay off imho.

The RBs you drafted are what gives me some concern. As long as Jacobs is the real deal then you will be fine.. but he makes me nervous. Hopefully he is like Okoye at least this year.

I do not think Barber 3 is a shoe in either. But he was a decent guy to pick where you got him.

The interception machines at QB make me wonder a bit also. Great value where you got them but does this league have high penalties for interceptions? If not then this was a crafty move. If so you may be pulling your hair out with that duo at times this season.

Wondering what you think of the Anarcy scoring system if you feel like talking strategy about that.
I have been thinking a little about it and thinking which players would be best. I have a draft tonight with some of the players I like ... When will draft spots be picked? I can say that my top WRs this year for the Anarchy league are TO, Wayne, and Harrison ... with Smith 4th. Smith misses a couple games a year and I discounted. But, I love TO this year .......

In Favre, he has been over 600 pass attempts a year the last two seasons. With Ahman gone, I expect it to continue. Admittedly, I am higher on Grossman than most. But in the first nine games last year, he had only one game under 10 points. It was that horrible stretch late in the season that killed him.

Favre, Grossman

Gates

?

NE Defense

I have been thinking a little about it and thinking which players would be best. I have a draft tonight with some of the players I like ... When will draft spots be picked? I can say that my top WRs this year for the Anarchy league are TO, Wayne, and Harrison ... with Smith 4th. Smith misses a couple games a year and I discounted. But, I love TO this year .......

In Favre, he has been over 600 pass attempts a year the last two seasons. With Ahman gone, I expect it to continue. Admittedly, I am higher on Grossman than most. But in the first nine games last year, he had only one game under 10 points. It was that horrible stretch late in the season that killer him.
Draft slotting will be assigned after the leagues fill and when Anarchy is ready to kick things off.In about a week or so I guess.

I think TO has more value in a league that does not award PPR because of the TDs. In a PPR league I am not as high on him but maybe I am wrong? What about his hand?

I don't see any reason to expect SS to miss time this season just because he has before.

I agree with your assessment of Favre having high pass attempts once again this year.

Favre, Grossman

Gates

?

NE Defense

In Favre, he has been over 600 pass attempts a year the last two seasons. With Ahman gone, I expect it to continue. Admittedly, I am higher on Grossman than most. But in the first nine games last year, he had only one game under 10 points. It was that horrible stretch late in the season that killer him.
Draft slotting will be assigned after the leagues fill and when Anarchy is ready to kick things off.In about a week or so I guess.

I think TO has more value in a league that does not award PPR because of the TDs. In a PPR league I am not as high on him but maybe I am wrong? What about his hand?

I don't see any reason to expect SS to miss time this season just because he has before.

I agree with your assessment of Favre having high pass attempts once again this year.
I like TO, Smith, Wayne and Harrison the most this year. But, in a PPR league that values playing all 16 at a high level, Hold looks good as well. In PPR leagues, the two WRs that slip by are Driver and Housh who were 8th and 3rd respectively in PPR leagues last year (ppr). Coles is another that sneaks up on people. I think we will agree on most things. On TO, I just expect him to have a huge year with Garrett as Offensive Coordinator. On QBs, I like the value of Favre, Kitna, Big Ben, and even Hasselbeck as cheap, legit QB1s. But, I was also thinking that Favre's history of durability might be a good thing for this league. I do not want to push Favre too much, but I like the improvement at WR and loss of Ahman. Favre was a top 8 QB last year in many leagues and I expect him to be a top 10 QB again.

At TE, Cooley and Witten are the TEs I usually end up in PPR since they are cheaper than the Heap/Shockey/Davis types but might outproduce them. If waiting until late, I like Heath Miller and Daniels this year.

Also, in this type of league, how do you feel about handcuffs?

Favre, Grossman

Gates

?

NE Defense

I like TO, Smith, Wayne and Harrison the most this year. But, in a PPR league that values playing all 16 at a high level, Hold looks good as well. In PPR leagues, the two WRs that slip by are Driver and Housh who were 8th and 3rd respectively in PPR leagues last year (ppr). Coles is another that sneaks up on people. I think we will agree on most things. On TO, I just expect him to have a huge year with Garrett as Offensive Coordinator. On QBs, I like the value of Favre, Kitna, Big Ben, and even Hasselbeck as cheap, legit QB1s. But, I was also thinking that Favre's history of durability might be a good thing for this league. I do not want to push Favre too much, but I like the improvement at WR and loss of Ahman. Favre was a top 8 QB last year in many leagues and I expect him to be a top 10 QB again.

At TE, Cooley and Witten are the TEs I usually end up in PPR since they are cheaper than the Heap/Shockey/Davis types but might outproduce them. If waiting until late, I like Heath Miller and Daniels this year.

Anarchy uses team QB. So a durable QB like Favre is not as important as the passing offense if the offense will not change dramaticly if the starting QB goes down. Also total points continue to count in the playoffs. So a team that will go deep into the playoffs is somthing to consider here as that may get you 2 or 3 more games of production. Are the Packers a playoff team? The Bears were last year and probobly will make it again superbowl hangover notwithstanding.In regards to the WR I am agreeing with you for the most part here. I also like Coles later if he is available. 16 teams and 6 total WR (IIRC) with a flex option is 96 WR to consider. Playoffs should be a minor consideration as well. Is Dallas a playoff team?

Instead of thinking about drafting players for "value" I think it is more important to consider what player of all those available will score me the most points? This is a total points league so matching up a player vs another in head to head is not as much of a consideration imo. PPG stats are not as important as EOY stats. Those huge games and disappearing other games still counts the same in the end. Will the player have a chance to add more in the playoffs? I am interested in your perspective on the differences in this dynamic of total points vs playing matchups head to head. I think a different perspective is needed because of this.

16 teams. Waiting to draft a player for value may lead to seeing one or two entire tiers being gone before the next pick. Especiay if your drafting on the ends. This happened to me at the TE position last year. At some point a sacrifice will have to be made. I think it is important to identify sleepers.. players that can greatly out-perform thier draft position (do not mention these targets except in a PM) and once those are identified draft according to what you think you can sluff off and still get a productive player later.

Handcuffing does not really work well imo when you are trying to score the most total points on the season. It wont help you to have a player scoring zero if your starter stays healthy. That being said drafting members of a RBBC can be attractive because you will get all the points for both players regardless of how the distribution goes week to week. So there are potential sleeper players to be had from this. Of course it is best to draft the RBBC member who scores the most of the pair or trio. But if the commitee is fairly even then having both players is more viable in a total points format than it would be in head to head.

Some thoughts on strat that I would like feedback on agree or disagree with these assumptions?

Hey Wannabee,

10 team dynasty league, standard scoring no PPR, 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE.

My team

V. Young, C-pepper

McGahee, Parker, K. Jones, C. Brown, Lendale White

Boldin, R. Williams, Chambers, Jennings, Williamson

Winslow, Witten

Graham

Carolina

Would trading my 1.03 for either Wayne or Owens be a good trade for me or should I just keep the pick and pick one of the big 3?

What would the 1.03 pick be worth in players?

Hey Wannabee,10 team dynasty league, standard scoring no PPR, 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE.My team V. Young, C-pepperMcGahee, Parker, K. Jones, C. Brown, Lendale WhiteBoldin, R. Williams, Chambers, Jennings, WilliamsonWinslow, WittenGrahamCarolinaWould trading my 1.03 for either Wayne or Owens be a good trade for me or should I just keep the pick and pick one of the big 3?What would the 1.03 pick be worth in players?
If you can get Wayne or TO (esp Wayne) for the pick, I would say to just on that. Those are proven players that are well worth that pick. Who do you think will be there at 1.03?

Favre, Grossman

Gates

?

NE Defense

Anarchy uses team QB. So a durable QB like Favre is not as important as the passing offense if the offense will not change dramaticly if the starting QB goes down. Also total points continue to count in the playoffs. So a team that will go deep into the playoffs is somthing to consider here as that may get you 2 or 3 more games of production. Are the Packers a playoff team? The Bears were last year and probobly will make it again superbowl hangover notwithstanding.In regards to the WR I am agreeing with you for the most part here. I also like Coles later if he is available. 16 teams and 6 total WR (IIRC) with a flex option is 96 WR to consider. Playoffs should be a minor consideration as well. Is Dallas a playoff team?

Instead of thinking about drafting players for "value" I think it is more important to consider what player of all those available will score me the most points? This is a total points league so matching up a player vs another in head to head is not as much of a consideration imo. PPG stats are not as important as EOY stats. Those huge games and disappearing other games still counts the same in the end. Will the player have a chance to add more in the playoffs? I am interested in your perspective on the differences in this dynamic of total points vs playing matchups head to head. I think a different perspective is needed because of this.

16 teams. Waiting to draft a player for value may lead to seeing one or two entire tiers being gone before the next pick. Especiay if your drafting on the ends. This happened to me at the TE position last year. At some point a sacrifice will have to be made. I think it is important to identify sleepers.. players that can greatly out-perform thier draft position (do not mention these targets except in a PM) and once those are identified draft according to what you think you can sluff off and still get a productive player later.

Handcuffing does not really work well imo when you are trying to score the most total points on the season. It wont help you to have a player scoring zero if your starter stays healthy. That being said drafting members of a RBBC can be attractive because you will get all the points for both players regardless of how the distribution goes week to week. So there are potential sleeper players to be had from this. Of course it is best to draft the RBBC member who scores the most of the pair or trio. But if the commitee is fairly even then having both players is more viable in a total points format than it would be in head to head.

Some thoughts on strat that I would like feedback on agree or disagree with these assumptions?
The team QB helps me think about it a different way. I agree with you on the top offenses like Detroit or St. Louis would be great ... other than Indy, NE, or Cincy.I understand, and agree, on the value part. I do think of picks in terms of how the next few will play out in terms of roster distribution. The RBBC/handcuffs I was thinking of would be the ones that are cheap to get both and will/can run the ball ... not Oakland (lol).

On Dallas, much depends on the defense. The more I look at the division I see two weak teams (Wash and NYG) and only Philly for Dallas to beat.

I will put some more thought into it and try to find names I think will play a lot and be sleepers.

Hey Wannabee,10 team dynasty league, standard scoring no PPR, 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE.My team V. Young, C-pepperMcGahee, Parker, K. Jones, C. Brown, Lendale WhiteBoldin, R. Williams, Chambers, Jennings, WilliamsonWinslow, WittenGrahamCarolinaWould trading my 1.03 for either Wayne or Owens be a good trade for me or should I just keep the pick and pick one of the big 3?What would the 1.03 pick be worth in players?
If you can get Wayne or TO (esp Wayne) for the pick, I would say to just on that. Those are proven players that are well worth that pick. Who do you think will be there at 1.03?
AD will go first and then I will either get CJ or Lynch, I am betting CJ since the second team is hurting at WR more then RB. So I would end up with Lynch and he would not see my starting lineup but about 2 or 3 weeks were if I were to trade for one of the WR's at least they would start every week for me.Also the team with the #1 pick would like to trade it for players to win this year do I have any players you don't like that might get me the #1. I don't know if this would help my team or not.

AD will go first and then I will either get CJ or Lynch, I am betting CJ since the second team is hurting at WR more then RB. So I would end up with Lynch and he would not see my starting lineup but about 2 or 3 weeks were if I were to trade for one of the WR's at least they would start every week for me.Also the team with the #1 pick would like to trade it for players to win this year do I have any players you don't like that might get me the #1. I don't know if this would help my team or not.
Getting a top WR in Wayne or TO would help more than AP for this year. You would have to give up a lot to get him. A top WR helps the most. I would look at how to get a solid RB3 by cashing in the Titan RBs.

Getting a top WR in Wayne or TO would help more than AP for this year. You would have to give up a lot to get him. A top WR helps the most. I would look at how to get a solid RB3 by cashing in the Titan RBs.
Just received this offer of Harrison for 1.03 & 2.08, I don't really like this one as well as the other two since Harrison will be done in 2 to 3 years.What do you think about this trade? The Wayne trade the owner told me he would think about it for a couple of day.Just to let you know the top 3 WR's last year were 1. Harrison 2. Owens 3. Wayne. So maybe this is a better trade then I was thinking.

Just received this offer of Harrison for 1.03 & 2.08, I don't really like this one as well as the other two since Harrison will be done in 2 to 3 years.What do you think about this trade? The Wayne trade the owner told me he would think about it for a couple of day.Just to let you know the top 3 WR's last year were 1. Harrison 2. Owens 3. Wayne. So maybe this is a better trade then I was thinking.
I would wait to hear back from the Wayne owner. I think Wayne and Smith are the top two fantasy WRs for dynasty. The thing on Harrison that scares me is he is 35 yeafrs old. I think that is too much for Harrison at this time.

I would wait to hear back from the Wayne owner. I think Wayne and Smith are the top two fantasy WRs for dynasty. The thing on Harrison that scares me is he is 35 yeafrs old. I think that is too much for Harrison at this time.
Well the Wayne owner got back to me an he countered with 1.03, 2.08 & Chambers for Wayne & Favre. I accepted right away, since this with give me a good starting lineup right off the bat plus Favre as my backup QB.Oh and the one thing diiferent about this league is if your player is on bye week you can use his last week score as long as he was your starting lineup last week.

Well the Wayne owner got back to me an he countered with 1.03, 2.08 & Chambers for Wayne & Favre. I accepted right away, since this with give me a good starting lineup right off the bat plus Favre as my backup QB.Oh and the one thing diiferent about this league is if your player is on bye week you can use his last week score as long as he was your starting lineup last week.
congrats. I really like Favre this year. And, if you see my dynasty rankings here at FBG, you will see that I have Wayne as WR1. He is talented and in a great spot with Harrison's age.

congrats. I really like Favre this year. And, if you see my dynasty rankings here at FBG, you will see that I have Wayne as WR1. He is talented and in a great spot with Harrison's age.
That is my thinking and that is why 4 out of my 5 dynasty league I have Wayne and I almost had him in my other league until the owner looked at my team and decide not to do that trade because my team looked to good with Wayne in my starting lineup.

Packers4ever said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Packers4ever said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Packers4ever said:
That is my thinking and that is why 4 out of my 5 dynasty league I have Wayne and I almost had him in my other league until the owner looked at my team and decide not to do that trade because my team looked to good with Wayne in my starting lineup.
Ok now I just received this offer. I kind of like the trade.F. Gore and S. Smith for FWP & WayneWhat do you think.

Packers4ever said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Packers4ever said:
Jeff Tefertiller said:
Packers4ever said:
Ok now I just received this offer. I kind of like the trade.F. Gore and S. Smith for FWP & WayneWhat do you think.
I love the deal for you

Wannabee, I am new to dynasty and have a question going into the draft this weekend.

12 Team League

1qb, 2rb, 3wr, te, k, def

My players of note:

QB: Hass, Young

RB: KJones, WDunn, not much else

WR: SSmith, LEvans, DJax, Hackett, Mason, and some good prospects like Stovall

TE: Watson, Scaife

Drafting 10th

Basically, my QB situation is ok, my WR are outstanding, but I have a real issue with RB. I have tried like the dickens to trade for a RB, but the best offer I've been able to get is SSmith for BrandonJacobs - people seem to overvalue RBs worse than usual in this league.

At any rate:

1) Am I correct that I should just be holding pat and improving in the draft as best I can?

2) Hypothetically, if the draft gets to me and most of the RB talent is gone, is the best strategy to grab the best RB available, or do I take best player (say, Russell, S Rice, or G Olsen were available compared to a C henry)?

These are probably stupid questions so I appreciate your time.

Wannabee, I am new to dynasty and have a question going into the draft this weekend.12 Team League1qb, 2rb, 3wr, te, k, defMy players of note:QB: Hass, YoungRB: KJones, WDunn, not much elseWR: SSmith, LEvans, DJax, Hackett, Mason, and some good prospects like StovallTE: Watson, ScaifeDrafting 10thBasically, my QB situation is ok, my WR are outstanding, but I have a real issue with RB. I have tried like the dickens to trade for a RB, but the best offer I've been able to get is SSmith for BrandonJacobs - people seem to overvalue RBs worse than usual in this league.At any rate:1) Am I correct that I should just be holding pat and improving in the draft as best I can?2) Hypothetically, if the draft gets to me and most of the RB talent is gone, is the best strategy to grab the best RB available, or do I take best player (say, Russell, S Rice, or G Olsen were available compared to a C henry)?These are probably stupid questions so I appreciate your time.
These are not stupid questions at all. With this team, I would take the best player at each pick. Take the best value. I would not consider Henry at 1.10. Russell would be the best pick. I might consider Irons if Russell is gone. I like the 2nd Round WRs almost as good as the 1st round ones. The 1st round WRs I might consider if Russell, BJackson, and Irons are gone are Bowe and Jarrett. I might also see if you can trade your 2nd round pick for Tatum bell. I do not know if it would fly, but it would give insurance for KJ. Your team will be fine longterm, just take best player at each pick regardless of position and situation. Over time, it usually works out.

Hey wannabee,

12 team dynasty league

Start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF

Standard scoring - no ppr

QB: Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisberger, John Beck, Kevin Kolb

RB: Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Michael Turner, Tony Hunt, Antonio Pittman, Kolby Smith

WR: Torry Holt, Hines Ward, Mark Clayton, Dwayne Bowe, Eddie Kennison, Kevin Curtis, Matt Jones, Mark Bradley, Mike Walker

TE: Benjamin Watson, Jason Witten, Tony Scheffler

K:

DEF: Miami

When I drafted this team two years ago, I drafted very young. I paid the price year one and had a very subpar season, but I came back and won the league last year. Right now I'm trying to figure ways to keep this team on top for as long as possible. I feel like I am young enough, but there's always so much uncertainty, especially with injuries. So I am trying to acquire a top pick in next years draft (perhaps nail McFadden or Slaton) as security.

Earlier this offseason, I made the following trade...

I gave: New England Patriots DEF and '08 2nd round draft pick

I got: '08 1st round draft pick and Kevin Kolb

Granted, the 1st round pick I acquired was from an above average team and it will probably be in the 7-9 range next year. I also hold my '08 first rounder, so I am probably looking at two mid-to-late first rounders. But I have found in dynasty leagues, for future draft picks, that the title of "1st round draft pick" of very good teams still carries a reasonable amount of value (more than it should). I am hoping that I can package these two picks (+ something perhaps) to obtain a top 3 pick in next years draft.

I have two questions, the first of which is: When would be the best time to pursue a trade like this?

1. Before the season starts. No picks are set for next season and one of the bad teams in the league might just bite on a deal where they can acquire two first for one first. Of course, there is the risk that the 'bad' team, isn't so 'bad' and the pick becomes in the #4-#6 range next year. Also, the 'good' teams (of which I hold two first rounders) could flop and I could be killed in this deal.

2. Sometime during the season, before the trade deadline. Both sides know roughly where their picks will be.

3. After the season. Everything is set in stone. If I end up with the #10 and #11 picks, I would need to package a lot more to get a top 2 pick (meaning that I should have tried to trade earlier). However, if I end up with the #4 and #9 picks, it might not be so hard.

And secondly, which of these teams do you think will fare the worst this season?

Team A

QB: Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Chad Pennington, JaMarcus Russell

RB: DeShaun Foster, Reuben Droughns, Noah Herron, Dwayne Wright

WR: Javon Walker, Plaxico Burress, Lee Evans, Jerricho Cotchery, Mike Furrey, Joe Jurevicius, Vincent Jackson, David Givens, James Jones

TE: Vernon Davis, Jerramy Stevens, Randy McMichael

K: Robbie Gould

DEF: St. Louis, New York Giants

Team B

QB: Tony Romo, Vince Young, David Carr, Brodie Croyle

RB: Kevin Jones, Ahman Green, Jamal Lewis, Leon Washington, Brian Leonard

WR: Andre Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Patrick Crayton, Ernest Wilford, Michael Clayton, Roddy White, Robert Meachem, Sidney Rice

TE: Owen Daniels, Dallas Clark, Eric Johnson, Marcedes Lewis

K: Nate Kaeding

DEF: Dallas

Team C

QB: Alex Smith, Kurt Warner, Kellen Clemens

RB: Marion Barber III, Ladell Betts, Julius Jones, Dominic Rhodes, Cedric Benson, Anthony Thomas, Jerome Harrison, Marshawn Lynch

WR: Roy Williams, Drew Bennett, Chris Chambers, Nate Washington, Arnaz Battle, Dwayne Jarrett, Craig Davis

TE: Alge Crumpler, Desmond Clark

K: Jason Hanson

DEF: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati

Team D

QB: Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Matt Leinart

RB: Joseph Addai, Brandon Jacobs, LaMont Jordan, Kevan Barlow, Adrian Peterson (MIN)

WR: Greg Jennings, Muhsin Muhammad, Bryant Johnson, Reggie Williams, Chad Jackson, Roscoe Parrish, Koren Robinson, Mike Williams, Sinorice Moss, Ted Ginn Jr., Jacoby Jones

TE: Kellen Winslow, Heath Miller

K: Matt Stover

DEF: Chicago

Thank you very much for your time (and sorry for the long post).

-shenski31

Great trade getting the 2008 1st for the Pats defense. The answers to your questions below:

I have two questions, the first of which is: When would be the best time to pursue a trade like this?

Before the season starts. No picks are set for next season and one of the bad teams in the league might just bite on a deal where they can acquire two first for one first. Of course, there is the risk that the 'bad' team, isn't so 'bad' and the pick becomes in the #4-#6 range next year. Also, the 'good' teams (of which I hold two first rounders) could flop and I could be killed in this deal. I think before the season is the best time. First, most every team thinks they can be good. Second, I see the value of future picks increasing the closer the time gets. This is why 2009 picks are worth less than 2008. People discount the picks the longer time before the picks can be used. For this reason, a good strategy is to acquire picks in offseason just to trade those same picks for startable players the following offseason right before the league draft.

As to which team should do the worst of those teams, I think it is close. Definitely not D. In an average league all three would be in bottom half of the league. I say that because team A has not RBs and even Peyton will not help. Team B is probably the worst since the team will rely on KJ coming back just to get to .500. Team C will need the decent RBs to step up and it has a huge hole at QB and WR.

Jeff - Great stuff as normal and congrats on making the cut. I am in need of some advice on my 12-team dynasty team. Here is the roster:

QB (1): Ben Roethlisberger - Brett Favre - Byron Leftwich

RB (2): Larry Johnson - Reggie Bush - Willis McGahee - Ahman Green - LenDale White - DeShaun Foster

WR (3): Torry Holt - Larry Fitzgerald - Roy Williams - Lee Evans - Marques Colston - Braylon Edwards - Vincent Jackson

TE (1): Jeremy Shockey - Marcedes Lewis

K (1): Josh Brown - Josh Scobee

Def (1): Dallas - Kansas City - Cincinnati

2007 Draft Picks: #10, #29

Scoring:

.04 points per passing yard

4 points per passing TD (add 2 points for every 25 yards in length of TD)

.08 points per rush & receiving yard

6 points per rushing & receiving TD (add 2 points for every 25 yards in length of TD)

Kicker & Defense are standard scoring

Questions:

1) Can I win with the quarterbacks I have?

2) Are there any of my receivers that you would not combine with the #10 pick to to get the #1 pick?

3) What do I need to upgrade and who should I try to get rid of?

I appreciate your help and again thank you for your insight.

Jeff - Great stuff as normal and congrats on making the cut. I am in need of some advice on my 12-team dynasty team. Here is the roster:

QB (1): Ben Roethlisberger - Brett Favre - Byron Leftwich

RB (2): Larry Johnson - Reggie Bush - Willis McGahee - Ahman Green - LenDale White - DeShaun Foster

WR (3): Torry Holt - Larry Fitzgerald - Roy Williams - Lee Evans - Marques Colston - Braylon Edwards - Vincent Jackson

TE (1): Jeremy Shockey - Marcedes Lewis

K (1): Josh Brown - Josh Scobee

Def (1): Dallas - Kansas City - Cincinnati

2007 Draft Picks: #10, #29

Scoring:

.04 points per passing yard

4 points per passing TD (add 2 points for every 25 yards in length of TD)

.08 points per rush & receiving yard

6 points per rushing & receiving TD (add 2 points for every 25 yards in length of TD)

Kicker & Defense are standard scoring

Questions:

1) Can I win with the quarterbacks I have?

2) Are there any of my receivers that you would not combine with the #10 pick to to get the #1 pick?

3) What do I need to upgrade and who should I try to get rid of?

I appreciate your help and again thank you for your insight.
Thank you for the kind words. Questions:

1) Can I win with the quarterbacks I have? I think so. Ben and Favre should both be top 8-10 QBs.

2) Are there any of my receivers that you would not combine with the #10 pick to to get the #1 pick? I would offer any, but would start with Holt. You have a good nucleus of young WRs. But, in the end, it is worth it for any of them + 1.10 for 1.01 (assuming Peterson).

3) What do I need to upgrade and who should I try to get rid of? You have a very good team with good depth. If you pull off getting Peterson, I might try to move Foster for Chester, especially with the Chester injury scare. One thing I might try with the RBs is a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 trade to upgrade. You are going to have difficulty choosing your lineup each week. BUt a deal of LJ, Willis and Colston for LT would not hurt you but might greatly improve your lineup. This is one way to turn your depth into starter upgrades. Getting 1.01 is a great idea as well.

10 team 1QB, 2 RB's, 3WR's, 1 Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 7 player keeper league

scoring is standard with no PPR and all TD's 6 pts.

My keepers

Matt Leinart

Brian Westbrook

Ronnie Brown

Steve Smith

Anquan Boldin

Roandy Moss

My last keeper is my problem. Can not decide between Jamal Lewis or Lamont Jordan.

I am leaning towards Lewis because he is the starting RB for Cleveland and Jordan who knows what going to happen with Rhodes there.

10 team 1QB, 2 RB's, 3WR's, 1 Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 7 player keeper leaguescoring is standard with no PPR and all TD's 6 pts.My keepersMatt LeinartBrian WestbrookRonnie BrownSteve SmithAnquan BoldinRoandy MossMy last keeper is my problem. Can not decide between Jamal Lewis or Lamont Jordan.I am leaning towards Lewis because he is the starting RB for Cleveland and Jordan who knows what going to happen with Rhodes there.
I would go with Lewis .... you know he will get carries

Jeff (wannabee),was confused when I saw your avatar next to the name Jeff but I figured it out... slowly.

I have a trade question for you. I'm in a 8 team,2 vet,1 '06 rookie and 2 '07 rookies keeper league.

We start: 2 qb/3 rb/3 wr/te/k/def.

Scoring is: 6 pts per passing td/ RB's and WR's are: 1 pt per 10 yds rushing/receiving and 8 pts per rushing/receiving TD.

Currently I have: Peyton (vet keeper)/SA (vet keeper)/Addai ('06 rookie)/BJackson and Booker ('07 rookies).

I have been offered: Vernon Davis,pick 1.08 and pick 2.02

for

Addai and pick 5.06.

I already have picks: 1.06 and 2.03 ( I have 2 5ths,so trading one off isnt going to hurt me).

If I did the deal I would have: Manning/SA/BJax/Booker and VD,along w/ picks 1.06/1.08/2.02 and 2.03.

These are the players I will have a crack at w/ the above picks"

QB's: Palmer/Brady/Bulger and Brees

RB's: McGahee (possibly if he isn't kept)/Ronnie Brown/Ced Benson/TJones/BJacobs

WR's: SSmith/ChadJ/TO/Holt/Harrison/Wayne (pretty much the Top 10 receivers)

Now,if I did the deal the owner getting Addai would have: SJax/Addai and LJ

"but" his draft is crippled since he wouldnt be drafting until the 3rd round.

The downside: giving the defending champ an elite RB.

My upside: gaining 2 very high picks which gives me a lot of flexibility when drafting.

Thoughts? and thanks in advance !

10 team 1QB, 2 RB's, 3WR's, 1 Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 7 player keeper leaguescoring is standard with no PPR and all TD's 6 pts.My keepersMatt LeinartBrian WestbrookRonnie BrownSteve SmithAnquan BoldinRoandy MossMy last keeper is my problem. Can not decide between Jamal Lewis or Lamont Jordan.I am leaning towards Lewis because he is the starting RB for Cleveland and Jordan who knows what going to happen with Rhodes there.
Trade my 2.07 for Thomas Jones. I have no 1st round pick, then I have 2.06 and then the 7th pick in every round after the second. I think this is a no brainer since I could not get Jones at 2.07 in the draft and I think he is an upgrade over Lewis. The owner trying to make this deal is load with talent and I think is just trying to get something for Jones before he has to cut one player on Friday.

Trade my 2.07 for Thomas Jones. I have no 1st round pick, then I have 2.06 and then the 7th pick in every round after the second. I think this is a no brainer since I could not get Jones at 2.07 in the draft and I think he is an upgrade over Lewis. The owner trying to make this deal is load with talent and I think is just trying to get something for Jones before he has to cut one player on Friday.
I would do that in a heartbeat. Great deal for you. He is a huge upgrade over Lewis or Jordan

Jeff (wannabee),was confused when I saw your avatar next to the name Jeff but I figured it out... slowly.I have a trade question for you. I'm in a 8 team,2 vet,1 '06 rookie and 2 '07 rookies keeper league.We start: 2 qb/3 rb/3 wr/te/k/def. Scoring is: 6 pts per passing td/ RB's and WR's are: 1 pt per 10 yds rushing/receiving and 8 pts per rushing/receiving TD.Currently I have: Peyton (vet keeper)/SA (vet keeper)/Addai ('06 rookie)/BJackson and Booker ('07 rookies).I have been offered: Vernon Davis,pick 1.08 and pick 2.02forAddai and pick 5.06.I already have picks: 1.06 and 2.03 ( I have 2 5ths,so trading one off isnt going to hurt me).If I did the deal I would have: Manning/SA/BJax/Booker and VD,along w/ picks 1.06/1.08/2.02 and 2.03.These are the players I will have a crack at w/ the above picks"QB's: Palmer/Brady/Bulger and BreesRB's: McGahee (possibly if he isn't kept)/Ronnie Brown/Ced Benson/TJones/BJacobsWR's: SSmith/ChadJ/TO/Holt/Harrison/Wayne (pretty much the Top 10 receivers)Now,if I did the deal the owner getting Addai would have: SJax/Addai and LJ"but" his draft is crippled since he wouldnt be drafting until the 3rd round.The downside: giving the defending champ an elite RB.My upside: gaining 2 very high picks which gives me a lot of flexibility when drafting.Thoughts? and thanks in advance !
I would not do that. I know the picks may be valuable, but Addai is a top 10 player and Davis is not even a starting TE in a 8 teamer, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread