What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Want To Build My First Spreadsheet (1 Viewer)

scrum77

Footballguy
So I want to start my first spreadsheet. Gonna start small but eventually I want to make it pretty elaborate. I'm tech savvy but not savvy with excel. What excel functions (or whatever) do I need to learn to do this? Are there any tutorials online?

I'd love to hear how you went about making your spreadsheet. What stats/factors do you incorporate? How does yours work?

Thanks.

Check out this thread for some help.

In terms of excel functions, VLOOKUP will be your best friend.

I also use lots of the string functions like MID, LEFT, RIGHT, etc. mainly because what you're going to find is that a lot of sites that you'll be pasting info from will have players' names listed differently. For example, one site will have Chistopher Ivory, another Chris Ivory, and yet another Ivory, Chris. You need those functions to rearrange them in a standard way.

Scoresman said:
I also use lots of the string functions like MID, LEFT, RIGHT, etc. mainly because what you're going to find is that a lot of sites that you'll be pasting info from will have players' names listed differently. For example, one site will have Chistopher Ivory, another Chris Ivory, and yet another Ivory, Chris. You need those functions to rearrange them in a standard way.
It would be painful to handle this with functions instead of VBA, in my opinion.

Scoresman said:
It would be painful to handle this with functions instead of VBA, in my opinion.
Now you're talking beyond my skill set.

Users who are viewing this thread