What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Was this the worst playoffs ever? (1 Viewer)

Assani Fisher

Footballguy
I've been a fan of football since the late 80s/early 90s. I really can't think of a worse year of playoffs...

Washington/TB: At least this game was close and somewhat exciting at the end, but it is tough to say it was well played. The winning team almost set a record for least amount of yards by a winning playoff team. They got an early lead and just went into a total shell. TB made key turnovers early and dropped a game tying TD catch that was a gimme.

Carolina/NY: Giants totally fail to show up on their home turf. Total snoozer.

NE/Jack: I can barely even remember watching this game- thats how memorable it was.

Pit/Cincy: Could've actually been a great game, but it really sucked to have Palmer injured on the first play of the game. This game was actually somewhat entertaining, but overall a disappointment since it could've been such a better game if not for the injury.

Washington/Seattle: League MVP gets injured early, a ton of muffed punts, no great finish or anything special...pretty uneventful.

NE/Den: Another game of mistakes. Brady's INT followed by Champ's nearly throwing away a surefire TD summed up this game nicely imo.

Pit/Indy: Ok, at least this was exciting, but man....were both teams trying to lose? Manning and the Colts go 4 and out in the key series, Bettis fumbles, the defender gets tackled by a QB, the Colts go deep twice on 2nd and 2, Vandy misses the FG by a mile. Earlier in the year, I actually wondered if the Colts were the greatest team of all time possibly. What a disappointment this game was.

Car/Chi: Somewhat high scoring, but no great ending or anything like that....another average game.

Pit/Den: Over by halftime.

Sea/Car: See above

Sea/Pit: terrible officiating, the winning QB has a 22 QB rating, lackluster finish.

We saw one great individual performance(Smith vs Chi), no great late game heroics(ok, Ben's tackle was nice, but thats its), only one game that was close at the end(and that game was more about choking than a great late performance), and just a bunch of boring games imo. Am I wrong here?

I've been a fan of football since the late 80s/early 90s. I really can't think of a worse year of playoffs...

Washington/TB: At least this game was close and somewhat exciting at the end, but it is tough to say it was well played. The winning team almost set a record for least amount of yards by a winning playoff team. They got an early lead and just went into a total shell. TB made key turnovers early and dropped a game tying TD catch that was a gimme.

Carolina/NY: Giants totally fail to show up on their home turf. Total snoozer.

NE/Jack: I can barely even remember watching this game- thats how memorable it was.

Pit/Cincy: Could've actually been a great game, but it really sucked to have Palmer injured on the first play of the game. This game was actually somewhat entertaining, but overall a disappointment since it could've been such a better game if not for the injury.

Washington/Seattle: League MVP gets injured early, a ton of muffed punts, no great finish or anything special...pretty uneventful.

NE/Den: Another game of mistakes. Brady's INT followed by Champ's nearly throwing away a surefire TD summed up this game nicely imo.

Pit/Indy: Ok, at least this was exciting, but man....were both teams trying to lose? Manning and the Colts go 4 and out in the key series, Bettis fumbles, the defender gets tackled by a QB, the Colts go deep twice on 2nd and 2, Vandy misses the FG by a mile. Earlier in the year, I actually wondered if the Colts were the greatest team of all time possibly. What a disappointment this game was.

Car/Chi: Somewhat high scoring, but no great ending or anything like that....another average game.

Pit/Den: Over by halftime.

Sea/Car: See above

Sea/Pit: terrible officiating, the winning QB has a 22 QB rating, lackluster finish.

We saw one great individual performance(Smith vs Chi), no great late game heroics(ok, Ben's tackle was nice, but thats its), only one game that was close at the end(and that game was more about choking than a great late performance), and just a bunch of boring games imo. Am I wrong here?
It was when you factor in (a) gameplay

(b) ABC coverage

© officiating

In that order.

Certainly wasn't memorable unless you were a Pitt or Seattle fan.

It'll be looked back on fondly though because of the Pitt-Indy game (well, the 4th quarter) and Bettis holding the trophy at the end of XL will be one of those clips you see in future Super Bowls down the line.

Very meh. But, we had a great BCS so I'm cool.

to me its all about who wins . i enjoy the team im rooting for winning . the more points the better . this was a great year because i like the steelers . not my #1 team but i really like cower, roth, the bus and especially pits defense coach . was a great lions db and coached for i think 30+ years . i truly enjoyed indy and denver getting kicked around by pits .

When four of the eleven playoff games featured horrible officiating (Was/TB, Den/NE, Indy/Pit and Pit/Sea), then I would have to say that it was not a good postseason. The conference championship games and the Super Bowl were all boring anti-climatic games.

Users who are viewing this thread