What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 03 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

New Here - not seeing how to post a new WDIS. Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, if so can you direct me please?

12 team league 1/2 pt ppr. I need to start 2 of these WR's:
Nico Collins, Jay Flowers, C Ridley, DJ Moore, Gabe Davis

Thanks in advance!
Scott

Thanks @Chaka for pointing me in the right direction.

Disgusting group of running backs I have to pick two from with one going tonight.

Half Point PPR

Gus Edwards (probably easiest start with Hill toe news)
Herbert
Breida
Kendre Miller
Sean Tucker (No)
100% Gus. Probably so even without J.Hill's toe injury.

Your other options suck to choose from. I don't know what to expect from any of them.

Agree no on Tucker. The vulnerability of the Eagles defense ATM is the secondary.

Breida looks to be the 1A. It's a tough matchup but you can't ignore that and volume is all you can really hope for.

100% no idea what to expect from Miller. Seems like the most fun spec play though, if that's how you roll.

Gus>>>Breida>Miller>Tucker
You forgot my favorite mediocre running back Kalhil Herbert.

I think it’s between Breida and Herbert and how much pain I want to feel tonight if Breida stinks it up.

Chubb / Akers victim here.

Standard League - WDIS as my RB2:

Breida @ SF
Charbonnet v Car
Gibson v BUF

I guess I'm victim to the 2 second options as well :wink:

:hey:
New Here - not seeing how to post a new WDIS. Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, if so can you direct me please?

Thanks in advance!
Scott
Your question was answered. I'm not an AI so please try not to be impatient, this thread takes a lot of work.

Thanks @Chaka for pointing me in the right direction.

Disgusting group of running backs I have to pick two from with one going tonight.

Half Point PPR

Gus Edwards (probably easiest start with Hill toe news)
Herbert
Breida
Kendre Miller
Sean Tucker (No)
100% Gus. Probably so even without J.Hill's toe injury.

Your other options suck to choose from. I don't know what to expect from any of them.

Agree no on Tucker. The vulnerability of the Eagles defense ATM is the secondary.

Breida looks to be the 1A. It's a tough matchup but you can't ignore that and volume is all you can really hope for.

100% no idea what to expect from Miller. Seems like the most fun spec play though, if that's how you roll.

Gus>>>Breida>Miller>Tucker
You forgot my favorite mediocre running back Kalhil Herbert.

I think it’s between Breida and Herbert and how much pain I want to feel tonight if Breida stinks it up.
I think my brain has selective blindness to that option.

Probably slot him between Breida & Miller. Tough matchup and questionable usage in the passing game, although that may be trending up it's too soon for me to buy in to that.

Chubb / Akers victim here.

Standard League - WDIS as my RB2:

Breida @ SF
Charbonnet v Car
Gibson v BUF

I guess I'm victim to the 2 second options as well :wink:
I don't want to tell you to go with Breida but I am afraid I must.

He's the only one who has a clear path to more than 5 opportunities.

Breida>Gibson>Charbonnet

Really need a win as I didn't quite trust my instincts last week and it burned me.

Half PPR- need a bit of pop.

Pick 1 RB - Kelley vs. Min, Najee vs. Raiders, Z.Moss vs Ravens
Pick 1 flex - Any of the above or Jeudy vs. Phins

Right now, I'm going with Kelley and Jerry due to theoretical upside and possible higher scoring games. Moss has a good projection but the Ravens on the road just don't seem fun for a guy that hasn't 't proven a lot, and Najee has a great matchup but the Steelers just aren't running the ball a lot and are setting him up to fail with Shotgun runs and crappy runs overall.

However, I could be swayed with any more data. Thanks!
I see the problem.

They all have an opportunity for sure.

Sadly I like Jeudy the least as that offense seems dead set on ball distribution. Yes it may be a track meet and he has talent but I worry about a 5-6 target game.

Moss might be in line for the most touches but that could easily go down from 22 to 15 or so if they don't have an 11 point lead in the 4th. The good news is they definitely used him as an every down back. 98% snap count
No other Colt RB saw the field. But tough, tough matchup.

I want to immediately say Najee with a ++ matchup. But, so far it's a straight time share for touches with Warren. Regardless of game script apparently. Although for snap counts it's 55% to 41% in favor of Najee. Having a big game on the bench from a presumptive starter sucks but...?

Then there is Kelley. What an egg he laid last week. But he was in on 80% of the snaps, had 14 opportunities and we all think the Vikings can be run on. The risk is this game turns into a track meet and Kelley looks like a liability in the passing game.

Honestly I have no idea. I can't reason my way into a clear order for these guys.

My gut wants to say Moss but that feels so bold as to be hubristic.

Moss>Najee>Jeudy>Kelley

I will have flip flopped five times between typing that and hitting "post reply"
Thank you as well as @BobbyLayne for the insight! It is a tough call, no doubt, and think I might just chase volume and hope for tds.

I also have Christian Watson as a flex option but I don’t know how healthy he is as well as the gb wr carousel.

12 team PPR League. 2nd round of waivers clearing early Friday. Looking for a ranking of these WW RBs in order to prioritize.

* T. Spears
* C. Akers
* T. Bigsby
* J. McKinnon

Notes:

- I'm maxing out my RBs. This would be my #8 RB. Went zero RB more or less so constantly stockpiling RBs all season.
- Don't need a starter this week. This is thinking more medium to long term. If startable in the short term...gravy.

Thanks

12 team PPR League. 2nd round of waivers clearing early Friday. Looking for a ranking of these WW RBs in order to prioritize.

* T. Spears
* C. Akers
* T. Bigsby
* J. McKinnon

Notes:

- I'm maxing out my RBs. This would be my #8 RB. Went zero RB more or less so constantly stockpiling RBs all season.
- Don't need a starter this week. This is thinking more medium to long term. If startable in the short term...gravy.

Thanks
100% Spears. To the point that I think you should stop ready this and go get him.

Akers is probably next because he is a veteran and somewhat proven coming into a high power offense where the RBs have struggled. He should get an opportunity to unseat the guys in front of him sooner than later.

McKinnon is the later than sooner guy. Conventional wisdom seems to be the Chiefs limit him early to preserve him for the late season& playoff run. Personally I'm not buying that but some people seem to believe it. I think the Chiefs split RB duties because Andy Reid sucks at fantasy football and wants to punish is for being better than him. That's my working theory at least.

Bigsby seems like a decent spec add but I'm less confident about him if he takes over than Spears who has really looked the part in his limited opportunities.

Spears>Akers>McKinnon>Bigsby

Last edited:

* T. Spears
* C. Akers
* T. Bigsby
* J. McKinnon

Notes:

Thanks
100% Spears. To the point that I think you should stop ready this and go get him.
Thanks much.

What about 2nd and 3rd priority?

* T. Spears
* C. Akers
* T. Bigsby
* J. McKinnon

Notes:

Thanks
Thanks much.

What about 2nd and 3rd priority?
Added an ETA to the original post.

This is where we ask questions and offer help.

Thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Cousins vs Den or James Cook @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

On to week 3!!

Thanks in advance!
Scott
Welcome. This is the place to discuss all WSIS options. Generally speaking it is frowned upon to start specific WSIS threads in the Shark Pool, if you want to do that look for the Assistant Coaches forum. Although you will likely get more responses in this thread.

For your options I think you have to start Ridley and it isn't close. Last week was rough but he still had 8 targets and is the #1 WR on that team. If he strings together 2 more down games then you should worry, right now chalk it off to random variance that all WRs face.

I like your other options. Nico is probably the smart choice as he seems to clearly be his teams #1 WR option and the Texans are slinging the ball 45x per game.

Flowers looks amazing but the offense looks pretty committed to balance and distributing the ball in the passing game. He will probably be up and down this year, but maybe he becomes so good Lamar can't ignore him. Until that starts to happen Andrews is that guy for Lamar and Flowers will be a little up and down (although I think he has a reasonably safe floor).

DJ Moore is the most talented guy in the group after Ridley but I simply cannot trust the Bears offense ATM, particularly on the road against what looks like a very tough defense and you have some decent options.

Much as I love Gabe Davis's upside I can't ignore that his given name is actually Gabe "Chasing Points" Davis. Great ceiling, terrible floor.

Ridley>>>Nico>Moore/Flowers>Gabe
Thanks Chakra ! You're advice is appreciated!

10-team 1 pt PPR:

- Aiyuk v NYG (tonight)
- AJones v Saints
- Jeudy @ Miami
With the injury questions it's a little close but Aaron Jones is your best player and he's back at practice.

I think you pass on Aiyuk and see what happens Sunday. If Jones is a late scratch Jeudy may not be a bad fall back position in what may be, hopefully for you a track meet game.

QB (4pt per pass TD)
Justin Fields @ KC :cry:
or
Danny Jones @ SF :sadbanana:

Flex, pick one (PPR)
Joshua Kelley @ MIN(assuming Ekeler doesn't play)
Garrett Wilson vs NE
DJ Moore @ KC

A two parter:

FPC scoring:

Need a TE:
P.Freiermuth @ LAV
D.Njoku vs Tenn

Then need ONE flex:

Whichever TE is NOT chosen
A.Mattison vs LAC
S.Moore vs Chi

Full PPR

Need 2 WR 1RB 1 WRT
Chase v LAR
(Browning may start)
Waddle v DEN
(concussion protocol)
Pacheco v CHI
(LP hamstring)
Addison v LAC
JSN v CAR
Muth @ LV
Roschon @ LC
Warren @ LV

QB (4pt per pass TD)
Justin Fields @ KC :cry:
or
Danny Jones @ SF :sadbanana:

Flex, pick one (PPR)
Joshua Kelley @ MIN(assuming Ekeler doesn't play)
Garrett Wilson vs NE
DJ Moore @ KC
Man this is difficult. But the bottom line is Jones is a more accomplished passer, has better coaching and is a damn fine runner.

Fields can turn in a monster on one play but I just don't trust him or the team as a whole ATM.

Jones>Fields

Very tough call on the flex play.

I think the bottom line is Moore & Wilson don't look to be playing in offenses that won't get them high volume so you're left hoping for explosive plays. Both are highly capable of it but both have tough matchups and will likely be the focal points the opposing defense.

I hate recommending a guy like Kelley over two clearly superior players like DJ & Wilson. His circumstance is far better though, assuming Ekeler misses another game. He should get 15 opportunities against a highly suspect defense in what could be a high scoring game. Maybe he'll get a couple opportunities at the goal line. I'd like him more of I thought he wasn't a liability in the passing game.

Bet on talent or bet on opportunity
Ugh

I think the best ceiling/floor combo is
Kelley>Wilson>DJ

Thanks in advance!
Scott
I would start Collins and Ridley, but Zay Flowers is tempting in 1/2 PPR.

A two parter:

FPC scoring:

Need a TE:
P.Freiermuth @ LAV
D.Njoku vs Tenn

Then need ONE flex:

Whichever TE is NOT chosen
A.Mattison vs LAC
S.Moore vs Chi
Oh man, you must know by now how much I hate answering TE questions.

Ultimately the Raiders have the lesser defense so.
Freiermuth>Njoku

For flex I'm tempted to rely on Mattison getting a motivational bump from Akers signing and balls out to save his job.

Moore is a "who knows?" kind of guy. Maybe he's consistent in that offense, maybe it's someone else. Who knows?

Mattison>Njoku>Moore

2 tough decisions. Both are .5 PPR

1)Lockett Vs Panthers
Or
DJ Moore at Kansas City

2)Swift at Tampa
Godwin Vs Philly
McLaurin Vs Buffalo
PICK ONLY 1 TO START

Thanks!

Pick 2, ppr
J.Kelley @Min
J.Ford vTen
J.Warren @LV
D.Pierce @Jax
I would definitely roll with Kelley for the opportunity.

Among the others something looks off with Pierce. He should be better than this but the new coaching staff hasn't been able to unlock him yet. This week is a tough matchup too.

Ford has the toughest matchup and I am uncertain of his talent.

With Warren I don't question ability or opponent. Opportunity is a concern but he's getting 40%+ of the snaps and 50% of the touches.

Kelley>Warren>Pierce/Ford

No PPR .. Pick 1

Etienne vs Texans
JJacobs vs Steelers
Well, the Steelers do have the worst run defense in the league and I'm not sure Minkah Fitzpatrick is going to play (anyone seen an update?)

OTOH the Texans just made Zack Moss looked like Earl Campbell so...

Because of a better team and supporting cast I think I have to lean
Etienne>Jacobs

1)Lockett Vs Panthers
Or
DJ Moore at Kansas City

2)Swift at Tampa
Godwin Vs Philly
McLaurin Vs Buffalo
PICK ONLY 1 TO START

Thanks!
Locket > Moore. KC did a good job on Ridley last week...I also have Moore and that matchup scares me
Swift > Godwin > McClaurin. Tough call between Swift and Godwin. I'd have a hard time sitting Swift after that huge game last week even with the tougher matchup. Godwin could have a big game as Philly has been getting beat in the air. I'd give a slight edge to Swift

Full PPR

Need 2 WR 1RB 1 WRT
Chase v LAR
(Browning may start)
Waddle v DEN
(concussion protocol)
Pacheco v CHI
(LP hamstring)
Addison v LAC
JSN v CAR
Muth @ LV
Roschon @ LC
Warren @ LV
You have to wait a few days I guess to get updates.

At the moment I think you operate under the assumption everyone plays.

So Chase & Waddle for sure.

Here are my contingency thoughts.
If Waddle is out next WR up IMO is Addison because of his playmaking, the offense he is in and the opponent is vulnerable.

If Waddle plays I still rank Chase above Addison even if you're throwing him the ball.

JSN isn't an option yet IMO. I put Freiermuth above him this week.

For RB Roschon isn't an option for me.

Even if Pacheco plays I think I may go with Warren. Maybe not. Tough call as we all see KC crushing the Bears which could lead to TD opportunities for KC backs.

Warren sure looks like he's getting close to a 50% share from the Steelers (40% snaps, 50% touches) and the Raiders don't have a good defense.

Yeah tough call between the two.

Go with your gut but I think, this week in a PPR
Warren>Pacheco

1)Lockett Vs Panthers
Or
DJ Moore at Kansas City

2)Swift at Tampa
Godwin Vs Philly
McLaurin Vs Buffalo
PICK ONLY 1 TO START

Thanks!
I comfortably go with Lockett because I don't trust anything Bears ATM
Lockett>DJ

I think we need to wait on a Gainwell update to decide on Swift. Even if Gainwell is out TB has been stout on defense against the run.

I kinda like Godwin because the Phili defense is vulnerable through the air and great against the run so far. This TB team should not be discounted.

I like McLaurin for sure but more and more this Commanders passing game looks like the ball distribution one we see in KC. McLaurin is great but he's not Tyreek or Kelce so maybe he doesn't seem more than 5-7 targets per game.

Godwin>Swift>McLaurin

Wavering on my potential Burrow replacement this week (who I may start even if Burrow does play). Was originally thinking Carr before he crapped the bed on Monday, then flirted with Stroud (Jax) before picking up Baker (Phi). But I just realized that Russ is currently QB5 and has a good matchup against Miami, and I'm starting to wonder. Could I possibly trust him?

One advantage to Baker is that both he and Burrow play on Monday, so I could wait until then, when we'll hopefully have a little more clarity on Burrow, to make a decision. But ultimately, I should start the best option

Wavering on my potential Burrow replacement this week (who I may start even if Burrow does play). Was originally thinking Carr before he crapped the bed on Monday, then flirted with Stroud (Jax) before picking up Baker (Phi). But I just realized that Russ is currently QB5 and has a good matchup against Miami, and I'm starting to wonder. Could I possibly trust him?

One advantage to Baker is that both he and Burrow play on Monday, so I could wait until then, when we'll hopefully have a little more clarity on Burrow, to make a decision. But ultimately, I should start the best option
Phili's pass defense has looked plenty bad (Minnesota can do that but Mac Jones too?) and Baker is playing very well.

Wilson, however is playing better than Mayfield. Miami's pass defense has been decent so far but not special. I could absolutely see starting Wilson.

To me the question is how much you trust Burrow's health. He just doesn't look right. The Bengals are desperate for a win but I wonder if they would be beat served giving Burrow a week off.

Probably a stupid call on my part but
Wilson>Mayfield>Burrow

12 team PPR. Need an Aiyuk replacement at WR. Options:

* E. Moore vs TN -- Lousy TN secondary, but D. Watson a lousy QB right now. A. Cooper practicing.
* R. Doubs vs NO - Tough matchup. Lattimore is matching up with somebody. Watson could be back and it seems like Love is spreading it around.
* KJ Osborn vs LAC -- Game could be a shootout. Getting snaps as the #2 even though Addison getting all the love. Could be enough to go around against a lousy LAC secondary.
* T. Dell @Jax - Getting targets. Should have had a second TD last week. Looks like Stroud will have to throw since they can't open up holes for Pierce. Not a great matchup but could be playing catchup.

Which?

Thanks!

Need a flex in 12 team PPR.

* D. Pierce @Jax -- JAX playing tough D. Not a great matchup at all. HOU running game not there with O line injuries, but he's getting touches.
* K. Herbert @KC - The R. Johnson takeover didn't happen, but the entire CHI offense looks a mess right now. KC playing good D.
* J. Warren @LV -- Warren producing with touches and it seems 45/55 to Harris right now. LV D terrible especially against receiving backs. Warren breakout game?

Which?

THanks!

12 team PPR. Need an Aiyuk replacement at WR. Options:

* E. Moore vs TN -- Lousy TN secondary, but D. Watson a lousy QB right now. A. Cooper practicing.
* R. Doubs vs NO - Tough matchup. Lattimore is matching up with somebody. Watson could be back and it seems like Love is spreading it around.
* KJ Osborn vs LAC -- Game could be a shootout. Getting snaps as the #2 even though Addison getting all the love. Could be enough to go around against a lousy LAC secondary.
* T. Dell @Jax - Getting targets. Should have had a second TD last week. Looks like Stroud will have to throw since they can't open up holes for Pierce. Not a great matchup but could be playing catchup.

Which?

Thanks!

Love Dell but I think this week you start any Chargers/Vikings players on your roster

Need a flex in 12 team PPR.

* D. Pierce @Jax -- JAX playing tough D. Not a great matchup at all. HOU running game not there with O line injuries, but he's getting touches.
* K. Herbert @KC - The R. Johnson takeover didn't happen, but the entire CHI offense looks a mess right now. KC playing good D.
* J. Warren @LV -- Warren producing with touches and it seems 45/55 to Harris right now. LV D terrible especially against receiving backs. Warren breakout game?

Which?

THanks!

Warren by a good margin IMO

Users who are viewing this thread