What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 09 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (2 Viewers)

Mixon, Patterson or Evans? Mixon has been meh all season and Evans was questionable beginning of the week and who knows about Patterson right now. Also have DJ Moore

Other starters: Cousins, Stevenson, Diggs, Higgins, DHop

start 1RB, 3Recs, 1 flex
1Pt PPR

Seems like a Mixon / Evans coin flip

Take out a coin

Designate the heads as Mixon, the tails as Evans

Flip it as high as you can without hitting the ceiling

As the coin is airborne, notice if you are rooting for it to be heads or tails

Forget the actual coin flip result, that’s the guy you start
Mixon has a good matchup on paper, which means nothing because he's done nothing. But he's gotta break out sometime doesn't he?
Evans probably matching up with Ramsey, a matchup which he has struggled with previously. LA Rams do have a decent pass defense .However, I do see him with good matchup ratings on other fantasy sites, actually better than Mixon.

Tough call, that's why I'm here.

BTW...and more importantly, am I supposed to use a wheat penny for the flip gb? (y)

Please tell me you were rooting for HEADS when the coin was in the air....

Mixon, Patterson or Evans? Mixon has been meh all season and Evans was questionable beginning of the week and who knows about Patterson right now. Also have DJ Moore

start 1RB, 3Recs, 1 flex
1Pt PPR
This is a tough call but I think I like Evans here. He's gotten monster volume the past two weeks and showed how quickly he can make big plays. That seems like enough reason to give him a good look this week.

But it's not that I love Evans, I like him a lot, but also that I don't really have much confidence in Mixon. I have no idea what's wrong there, but something is definitely wrong. Even in what should be a plus matchup it's difficult to get excited about him at this point. But the opportunity is there to turn it around so, can't blame you if you go that way.

I like Patterson and love his matchup, I am just typically risk averse to players coming off injury after a few weeks. But I do think Cordarrelle is a big part of the offense, even if I also believe Huntley and Allgeier will spell him more, and he seems to have a nose for the end zone.

Evans>Patterson>Mixon
:oldunsure:

:scared:

start 1RB, 3Recs, 1 flex
1Pt PPR
This is a tough call but I think I like Evans here. He's gotten monster volume the past two weeks and showed how quickly he can make big plays. That seems like enough reason to give him a good look this week.

But it's not that I love Evans, I like him a lot, but also that I don't really have much confidence in Mixon. I have no idea what's wrong there, but something is definitely wrong. Even in what should be a plus matchup it's difficult to get excited about him at this point. But the opportunity is there to turn it around so, can't blame you if you go that way.

I like Patterson and love his matchup, I am just typically risk averse to players coming off injury after a few weeks. But I do think Cordarrelle is a big part of the offense, even if I also believe Huntley and Allgeier will spell him more, and he seems to have a nose for the end zone.

Evans>Patterson>Mixon

I started Mixon. Too much of a breakout feeling today. Figured I’d give him one more shot.

start 1RB, 3Recs, 1 flex
1Pt PPR

Evans>Patterson>Mixon

I started Mixon. Too much of a breakout feeling today. Figured I’d give him one more shot.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD!!!

Ok so I'm down 28 points in a PPR league and have to pick 2 of three for tonights game. I knew this would happen:

* K. Drake @NO - Gus bus is stuck in the station. J. Hill should be change of pace back. Lack of pass catchers would hopefully mean some cheap PPR points. Floor seems relatively safe. Not sure about ceiling.

* I. Likely @NO -- M. Andrews out. Bateman out. Not sure about D. Robinson. Have to think he's getting targets. NOs is statistically tough against TEs (and was last year too), but haven't really faced anyone. Maybe Likely is used as a WR to take advantage of NO injuries in the secondary?

* T. Hill vs BALT -- Ingram out so should continue to see as many as 10+ touches. BALT tougher vs. the run. Ceiling obviously very high. See a floor of around 7-8 points.

If I look at Bloom's projections, he's got Likely at 13.1, Drake at 11.7, and Hill at 8.5. Must say I'm leaning Drake and Likely in the hopes that their floors are hit at minimum and one of those two grab a TD. Seems like the safe play vs. inserting Hill and he doesn't crack the endzone.

Which 2?

Thanks

Fields or Herbert (Herbert with minimal weapons left)
Never would have thought this would be a tough one.

The only hesitation I am having with the call is the fact that Atlanta is apparently giving up 40+ more yards through the air than Miami. But the Cincinnati game looks like an outlier there. Otherwise it's difficult to get excited about any Charger not named Ekeler.

Fields has been getting a lot better as the season has progressed. Over his first three games he was averaging 100 pass yards, with 2 TDs, 32 rush yards with 1 TD. Since then (5 games) he is at 180 yards passing with 5 TD passes, and averaging 65 rush yards with 2 TDs. And over his last two games he has shown concrete examples of his upside. The Bears aren't very good but they're playing very hard. Miami should win, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bears upset them.

Even though Herbert is a next level talent, he hasn't been right since he hurt his ribs against KC. He's performing at Goff levels, actually Goff is outperforming him, so until he proves that he is all the way back, he isn't an every week starter (in one QB leagues).

Yeah, I think I roll the dice on this one:
Fields>Herbert

Ahh, Chaka, I didn't have the stones to call Fields number.

A lesson that rankings are BS. Nobody I saw ranked Fields over Herbert but it was a logical choice that somebody should have made - but they couldn't do it because it's safer to rank the chalk.

Ok so I'm down 28 points in a PPR league and have to pick 2 of three for tonights game. I knew this would happen:

* K. Drake @NO - Gus bus is stuck in the station. J. Hill should be change of pace back. Lack of pass catchers would hopefully mean some cheap PPR points. Floor seems relatively safe. Not sure about ceiling.

* I. Likely @NO -- M. Andrews out. Bateman out. Not sure about D. Robinson. Have to think he's getting targets. NOs is statistically tough against TEs (and was last year too), but haven't really faced anyone. Maybe Likely is used as a WR to take advantage of NO injuries in the secondary?

* T. Hill vs BALT -- Ingram out so should continue to see as many as 10+ touches. BALT tougher vs. the run. Ceiling obviously very high. See a floor of around 7-8 points.

If I look at Bloom's projections, he's got Likely at 13.1, Drake at 11.7, and Hill at 8.5. Must say I'm leaning Drake and Likely in the hopes that their floors are hit at minimum and one of those two grab a TD. Seems like the safe play vs. inserting Hill and he doesn't crack the endzone.

Which 2?

Thanks
I understand Taysom has that delicious multi-TD upside but, in this situation I'm not buying it. Baltimore is a running team and the passing game flows through the TE position, I think, for upside the potential of capturing the output of the Ravens TE/RB is higher than substituting one of them for Taysom. I also think it creates a safer floor.

Drake>Likely>Taysom

Fields or Herbert (Herbert with minimal weapons left)
Never would have thought this would be a tough one.

The only hesitation I am having with the call is the fact that Atlanta is apparently giving up 40+ more yards through the air than Miami. But the Cincinnati game looks like an outlier there. Otherwise it's difficult to get excited about any Charger not named Ekeler.

Fields has been getting a lot better as the season has progressed. Over his first three games he was averaging 100 pass yards, with 2 TDs, 32 rush yards with 1 TD. Since then (5 games) he is at 180 yards passing with 5 TD passes, and averaging 65 rush yards with 2 TDs. And over his last two games he has shown concrete examples of his upside. The Bears aren't very good but they're playing very hard. Miami should win, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bears upset them.

Even though Herbert is a next level talent, he hasn't been right since he hurt his ribs against KC. He's performing at Goff levels, actually Goff is outperforming him, so until he proves that he is all the way back, he isn't an every week starter (in one QB leagues).

Yeah, I think I roll the dice on this one:
Fields>Herbert

Ahh, Chaka, I didn't have the stones to call Fields number.

A lesson that rankings are BS. Nobody I saw ranked Fields over Herbert but it was a logical choice that somebody should have made - but they couldn't do it because it's safer to rank the chalk.
It's always a crap shoot.

I also recommended Mike Evans and Cordarrelle over Joe Mixon so, well...yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread