What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 defense - who you targeting? (1 Viewer)

TheWinz

Footballguy
I haven't seen this asked yet. Which offense sucks so bad, or which defense is that good, making week 1 a great matchup? My first reaction was SF, as they face a young QB who enjoys getting sacked. What do you think?

Defaulted to Baltimore in both the leagues I'm in which still use defences, may switch off of them nearer the time but going ctrl-f "Jets" can't be too bad

I drafted Denver given that they're opening with Seattle and Houston, then could be another decent matchup with the Niners in week 3 if Lance is struggling. I imagine I'd punt them/stream after that, as I want no part of a defense in the AFC West this year.

Took bench flyers and I grabbed a defense late.

Rolling with cinci versus Pittsburgh as the qb play doesn’t scare me. And they have a plus matchup a few weeks in a row.

Maybe a bold call, but I like Carolina. I think the Browns are going to be a dumpster fire.
This was going to be mine as well. Panthers have abetter pass defense than some realize and with Jacoby starting at QB, watched him in Miami struggle when Tua was injured, the whole offense will be super slow.

I’m in in a deep bench league. I took the Niners and Chargers. The first 8 games my defenses plays against these offenses.

Bears
Seahawks
Jags
Texans
Browns
Falcons
Seahawks
Falcons

The common denominator is great pass rushers against bad offensive lines. The Browns have a good line but a bad QB.

The Browns schedule is very favorable the first four weeks:

@Car
NYJ
Pit
@Atl

Anybody considering them?

I drafted Denver given that they're opening with Seattle and Houston, then could be another decent matchup with the Niners in week 3 if Lance is struggling. I imagine I'd punt them/stream after that, as I want no part of a defense in the AFC West this year.
My thoughts exactly. Wasn't in love with the defenses available so I basically punted that decision three weeks down the road when I took Denver.

why not?

that division will be a war all year long. playoff atmospheres often lead to big plays on both sides of the ball.

im riding DEN all year long and streaming a couple bad matchups.

• Monday, Sept. 12, 6:15 p.m. at Seattle Seahawks
  • Sunday, Sept. 18, 2:25 p.m. vs. Houston Texans
  • Sunday, Sept. 25, 6:20 p.m. vs. San Francisco 49ers
  • Sunday, Oct. 2, 2:25 p.m. at Las Vegas Raiders
  • Thursday, Oct. 6, 6:15 p.m. vs. Indianapolis Colts
  • Monday, Oct. 17, 6:15 p.m. at Los Angeles Chargers
  • Sunday, Oct. 23, 2:05 p.m. vs. New York Jets
  • Sunday, Oct. 30, 7:30 a.m. at Jacksonville Jaguars in London
  • BYE WEEK
  • Sunday, Nov. 13, 11 a.m. at Tennessee Titans
  • Sunday, Nov. 20, 2:05 p.m. vs. Las Vegas Raiders
  • Sunday, Nov. 27, 11 a.m. at Carolina Panthers
  • Sunday, Dec. 4, 11 a.m. at Baltimore Ravens
  • Sunday, Dec. 11, 6:20 p.m. vs. Kansas City Chiefs
  • Sunday, Dec. 18, 2:05 p.m. vs. Arizona Cardinals
  • Sunday, Dec. 25, 2:30 p.m. at Los Angeles Rams
  • Sunday, Jan. 1, 11 a.m. at Kansas City Chiefs
  • Jan. 7/8, TBA vs. Los Angeles Chargers

why not?

that division will be a war all year long. playoff atmospheres often lead to big plays on both sides of the ball.
Defense scoring in my league weighs points against and yards against pretty heavily, so those 6 games against the AFC West could hurt badly. If the Denver DEF looks really good after week 3, I may keep them around and stream the divisional games.

Rolling with Saints week 1 vs Atlanta in one league.
Nabbed Indy for the Houston & Seattle start in another.
I love the Saints week one. A top defense against Marcus Mariota? Gimme that kind of start to the season in my DST slot!

DSTs are about talent and matchups and this selection offers both.

Missed out on many listed here, but one I haven't seen is Cinncy vs Pitt.

Steelers oline still trying to figure it out and if Najee would sit makes it even better.
I’ve got them. Plus Trubisky scares no one.

Dallas next with a shaky o line.

Then New York jets.

Then Miami tbd how good they are.

Not a bad first few games to test the waters.

And I think/hopeful Cinci’s offense will put some teams in some Troublesome spots.

No way Najee sits. He played plenty of snaps in the last preseason game.

why not?

im riding DEN all year long and streaming a couple bad matchups.

• Monday, Sept. 12, 6:15 p.m. at Seattle Seahawks
  • Sunday, Sept. 18, 2:25 p.m. vs. Houston Texans
  • Sunday, Sept. 25, 6:20 p.m. vs. San Francisco 49ers
  • Sunday, Oct. 2, 2:25 p.m. at Las Vegas Raiders
  • Thursday, Oct. 6, 6:15 p.m. vs. Indianapolis Colts
  • Monday, Oct. 17, 6:15 p.m. at Los Angeles Chargers
  • Sunday, Oct. 23, 2:05 p.m. vs. New York Jets
  • Sunday, Oct. 30, 7:30 a.m. at Jacksonville Jaguars in London
  • BYE WEEK
  • Sunday, Nov. 13, 11 a.m. at Tennessee Titans
  • Sunday, Nov. 20, 2:05 p.m. vs. Las Vegas Raiders
  • Sunday, Nov. 27, 11 a.m. at Carolina Panthers
  • Sunday, Dec. 4, 11 a.m. at Baltimore Ravens
  • Sunday, Dec. 11, 6:20 p.m. vs. Kansas City Chiefs
  • Sunday, Dec. 18, 2:05 p.m. vs. Arizona Cardinals
  • Sunday, Dec. 25, 2:30 p.m. at Los Angeles Rams
  • Sunday, Jan. 1, 11 a.m. at Kansas City Chiefs
  • Jan. 7/8, TBA vs. Los Angeles Chargers
Jags are a bad matchup but Chiefs aren't, and Chargers only at home? 🤔

Drafted Steelers in last round not even looking at the week 1 schedule (vs Cinncy) -- NE still available -- FBG had Steelers as #3 on cheat sheet ahead of Pats??

Users who are viewing this thread