What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

The use of "upside" has been used liberally when it comes to Wiliiams.

Why?

Is there any other video of him? Why all the drool?

Could just see him being another DGB.
A nice (some might call it rare) size/agility combo on a team with a gunslinger QB that just lost it's clearly defined #1 WR target and was already down a top receiver from the pre-season. To me that's a pretty good definition of upside.  

First, it comes off as belittling. Second, even if you were shocked, the boards are more helpful if you keep that to yourself because... it comes off looking like belittling. 

These threads would be better if people would ask themselves how their post is going to add constructive value to the topic. If we took that approach, these threads would be much more helpful.
Said he was sorry. It's extremely rare for anyone to be contrite here.  Let's enjoy it and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts on Phillip Dorsett? How does he fit in with the Sharpe/Rogers/Williams/Hogan/Sanu crowd?

Probably only the 3rd or 4th option at best in Indy, but a big time offense that will need to sling it a ton. Is that enough to make him more viable than the other waiver guys?

I'm ready to cut bait already on Chiefs DST.  Any reason to hold on?  I'm hesitant just because they are ranked so high most places.  Looking ahead, I don't see any games I'd be excited for the matchup for quite some time.

Thoughts on Phillip Dorsett? How does he fit in with the Sharpe/Rogers/Williams/Hogan/Sanu crowd?

Probably only the 3rd or 4th option at best in Indy, but a big time offense that will need to sling it a ton. Is that enough to make him more viable than the other waiver guys?
If not rostered, I like him better than any of those guys.

Expect he isn't mentioned because he seems less likely to be on the waiver wire.

Just put in my claims in my money league (16 team, standard scoring) for Tyrell and Agholor, in that order.

My rationale: Tyrell has the clearest path to a WR1, even if it's by no means a sure thing. He also has a solid QB throwing to him. Agholor is much more of a flier, especially since Wentz won't be throwing against the Browns every week. The bet is that he was hurt all last year and still has first-round talent.

Also considered LaFell, Adams and Enunwa, but I just don't trust them.

Maybe Sharpe above Dorsett for me, but it could go either way. #1 on a mediocre offense vs the #3 on an excellent offense. Probably Hogan and Williams after that.

I'm ready to cut bait already on Chiefs DST.  Any reason to hold on?  I'm hesitant just because they are ranked so high most places.  Looking ahead, I don't see any games I'd be excited for the matchup for quite some time.
Easy to overreact on KC D/ST. I kinda feel the same way, but I am holding. Minnesota and Phili looms however...

Dynasty only, but not much out there at all.  Enunwa and Kerley the only guys available in multiple leagues that figure to be a hot add.

Oh, this is definitely a useful thread and nothing against the people in here. Just stating that there weren't really any stand out guys this week that people didn't already have in most leagues or that weren't already being thought of as Week 1 adds.

There were no RB injuries week 1, so not many RBs worth adding right now. Unless someone really thinks Jalen Richard is worth a spot, which he could be in deeper leagues. Terrance West is more than likely owned in most leagues too.

As for WR, most people already had Eli Rogers on their radar going into the season. If he's out there, definitely worth a claim, same with Chris Hogan. With Keenan Allen going down, Tyrell Williams could be an interesting add if you need WR help.

At TE, it was a disaster this week so hard to say. Jesse James looks like he could have some value going forward, but plays in an offense with a ton of other mouths to feed. Jack Doyle was the #1 TE this week, but are people really going to rush out to add him? Could be something there if Allen were to go down, but not sure if he's worth much until then.

Yeah, I'm trying to decide if Richard is worth it right now or just a flash in the pan.

Assuming 12-man leagues with rosters deep enough that the waiver wire is pretty bare, and trying desperately to predict future performance based on one week of games, here's what I'd throw out:

Quincy Enunwa, WR, Jets

Enunwa had 8 targets, which was as many as Brandon Marshall and more than Eric Decker. Six of his seven catches were on short routes, including a red zone catch that yielded a TD. Assuming Fitzpatrick will continue to struggle to get the ball downfield, perhaps Enunwa gets 5-7 targets every week.

Jeremy Kerley, WR, 49ers

Kerley had 7 catches on 11 (!) targets. Almost double the targets of Torrey Smith. Gabbert hit him on lots of short routes and one deeper route. Missed him on another deeper routes. Much tougher matchup this week against Carolina, but perhaps Kerley gets some of the shorter stuff that CJ and Virgil Green got this past week.

Eddie Royal, WR, Bears

Had as many targets as Jeffrey (6). Targeted on two deep middle routes. Caught both, one for a touchdown. Maybe Philly puts up some points, maybe Wentz puts up some yards and points against Chicago like Osweiler did. Defense is busy with Jeffrey and White, so may Royal snags another touchdown, or at least 4-6 catches for 45-75 yards.

Eddie Royal, WR, Bears

Had as many targets as Jeffrey (6). Targeted on two deep middle routes. Caught both, one for a touchdown. Maybe Philly puts up some points, maybe Wentz puts up some yards and points against Chicago like Osweiler did. Defense is busy with Jeffrey and White, so may Royal snags another touchdown, or at least 4-6 catches for 45-75 yards.
To add on to this, Cutler and White are not on the same page. That trust isn't going to develop in a week or two and Royal obviously has that with their history. 

The AC forum isn't what it used to be, so I'll run the risk of putting it here:

Pick up Tyrell Williams or Kerley? 

PPR league and unfortunately these are the two best available - all the other usual suspect waiver wire darling WRs are already on rosters in my league.

12 team, 18 roster slots.

Waiver pickups this morning: M.Wallace & E. Rogers.

Free agent adds after waivers ran: QB A. Smith, WR T. Williams, TE Z. Miller, Ravens.....all to one team.

zftcg said:
I'd like Kerley a lot more if he weren't Jeremy #######' Kerley.
Really, FBG? You're going to x-out the word "f r i c k i n'"? In that case, Gosh Darn You! Gosh Darn You All to Heck!

ETA: I think Samuel L. Jackson said it best.

ryno1980 said:
To add on to this, Cutler and White are not on the same page. That trust isn't going to develop in a week or two and Royal obviously has that with their history. 

Just want to make sure I understand this correctly. You want the #3 option, who notoriously can't stay healthy, in a John Fox offense sans Peyton Manning?

Count me out.

ryno1980 said:
Thinking of dropping Kevin White for Kerley or Inman (I already lucked out when I picked up Tyrell Williams last week after I lost Bruce Ellington). My thought on Inman is I would for sure be guaranteed SD's #2 and can drop either Inman or Williams in the future when we see what really happens with Allen out but tough to pass up on Kerley's targets. Thoughts? PPR league

Thinking of dropping Kevin White for Kerley or Inman (I already lucked out when I picked up Tyrell Williams last week after I lost Bruce Ellington). My thought on Inman is I would for sure be guaranteed SD's #2 and can drop either Inman or Williams in the future when we see what really happens with Allen out but tough to pass up on Kerley's targets. Thoughts? PPR league
I would go with Inman for just the reason you stated.

I saw someone recommending Eddie Royal. No. He had 1 good year. But if you're going to pick him up, make sure you also get Britt and Bowe. 

Thinking of dropping Kevin White for Kerley or Inman (I already lucked out when I picked up Tyrell Williams last week after I lost Bruce Ellington). My thought on Inman is I would for sure be guaranteed SD's #2 and can drop either Inman or Williams in the future when we see what really happens with Allen out but tough to pass up on Kerley's targets. Thoughts? PPR league
White played on 98% of the snaps and saw 7 targets. For context, Jeffery played on 95% and saw 6, Royal 64% and 6.

You don't drop a guy with White's talent who is seeing the kind of opportunity he is just because him and his QB aren't on the same page at the moment.

The best thing to do this week is watch the wire closely for a panic drop.  An impatient owner might cut someone you missed out on at the draft that you're high on for the long haul (think Tyler Boyd)

zamboni said:
The AC forum isn't what it used to be, so I'll run the risk of putting it here:

Pick up Tyrell Williams or Kerley? 

PPR league and unfortunately these are the two best available - all the other usual suspect waiver wire darling WRs are already on rosters in my league.
i'd go Kerley i think. I picked up both with Keenan going down, and dumped RGIII to so i had room. I think Tyrell has some questions though and with Chip's offense i think there will be a lot of short passes

This is why I didn't add anybody. Already two good players dropped in my league, Eifert and Austin. Keep those fingers ready people.

Just want to make sure I understand this correctly. You want the #3 option, who notoriously can't stay healthy, in a John Fox offense sans Peyton Manning?

Count me out.
At this moment, he's the No. 2 option.

And In a 14-team league as a potential fourth WR starter, yep I do. If he gets hurt, I'll move on. 

ryno1980 said:

Count me out.

ACTIVATE GREG CAMARILLO!!

After seeing Forte go crazy last night, its become apparent that I am going to be picking up Bilal Powell everywhere I can.

Sure, he is just bench waste until Forte gets hurt, but if he does, it should easily be a RB1 through workload and pass-catching alone.

Having one of these on your bench doesn't work out all that often, but when it does, its a massive help at RB for people like me that tend to go WR-WR early in drafts.

TZM

This is why I didn't add anybody. Already two good players dropped in my league, Eifert and Austin. Keep those fingers ready people.
Got eifert this way, and I need TE and am willing to await his return. I agree that watching the drops is as important as watching the weekly waiver wire darlings. 

Users who are viewing this thread