What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick Piazza, who was holding the first down marker on the sideline, was seriously injured when he couldn’t get out of the way in time as Saints running back Alvin Kamara was being chased to the sideline. The TV broadcast briefly showed Piazza’s leg before quickly cutting away when the extent of the injury became apparent.

Today the Saints confirmed that Piazza suffered a fractured fibula and dislocated knee and is likely to undergo surgery next week. The team said Piazza’s blood vessels remain intact.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ans-set-for-surgery-after-injury-in-collision

Poor dude. I've been thinking recently, even before this happened, there are just far too many people milling around the sidelines. I know some of them need to be there but there's just way too many people, way too much commotion and i'm amazed this type of thing doesn't happen more often with huge athletes barreling out of bounds. Should be discussed and looked at imo.

Pooka just made of glass what a shame
Hes tough as nails
yeah but a copper one
History? Or gen X or Z reaction?
He fell in the draft due to being injured often in college. He's been dinged up quite a bit this year. Didn't think this was breaking news.
Why double down, just admit you are wrong lol

Nick Piazza, who was holding the first down marker on the sideline, was seriously injured when he couldn’t get out of the way in time as Saints running back Alvin Kamara was being chased to the sideline. The TV broadcast briefly showed Piazza’s leg before quickly cutting away when the extent of the injury became apparent.

Today the Saints confirmed that Piazza suffered a fractured fibula and dislocated knee and is likely to undergo surgery next week. The team said Piazza’s blood vessels remain intact.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ans-set-for-surgery-after-injury-in-collision

Thanks for posting this as I was watching he game live and had been wondering about this poor sod ever since the game ended. It was super gnarly. I’m glad that by the time my brain caught up with what I was looking at, the camera almost cut at the exact same time. Never need to see that again.

Agree with the later on poster mentioning the amount of people standing on sidelines. Have always thought you are really in the firing line hanging around there and also surprised it doesn't happen more.

Was there not one with the ex Lions LB Deandre Levy in college where he absolutely screwed that HCs leg Paterno or whatever his name is ? People ended up celebrating it because that coach turned out to be a bad guy

Hes tough as nails
yeah but a copper one
He fell in the draft due to being injured often in college. He's been dinged up quite a bit this year. Didn't think this was breaking news.
How many weeks has he been on the injury report?

Hes tough as nails
yeah but a copper one
He hasn't missed any games though. Sure your always checking his practice reports, but the dude plays. Has 77 catches and over 1000 in 12 games. Dont see the problem.

Hes tough as nails
yeah but a copper one
He hasn't missed any games though. Sure your always checking his practice reports, but the dude plays. Has 77 catches and over 1000 in 12 games. Dont see the problem.

He came back and I’m glad, he fell to the ground on a play and his arm looked immobilized, no one landed on him, he hit the turf, so I reacted concerned, he’s had multiple dings in his rookie year and college. Long May he run, I hope he finished wr1 the rest of the way, I don’t think it’s the most controversial statement to say he’s been injured often though

Thanks for posting this as I was watching he game live and had been wondering about this poor sod ever since the game ended. It was super gnarly. I’m glad that by the time my brain caught up with what I was looking at, the camera almost cut at the exact same time. Never need to see that again.

Agree with the later on poster mentioning the amount of people standing on sidelines. Have always thought you are really in the firing line hanging around there and also surprised it doesn't happen more.

Was there not one with the ex Lions LB Deandre Levy in college where he absolutely screwed that HCs leg Paterno or whatever his name is ? People ended up celebrating it because that coach turned out to be a bad guy
I think Sean Payton tore his ACL getting tackled into. I remember Wade Phillips getting smacked and having to be carted out.

Could find the Sean Payton hit, but found this highlight reel from a few years ago.

Hes tough as nails
yeah but a copper one
do you understand the definition of tough?

Hes tough as nails
yeah but a copper one
A 23 year old falling on the ground and missing a quarter and a half is tough?

Hes tough as nails
yeah but a copper one
Why entertain the buffoonery

Hes tough as nails
yeah but a copper one
you sir, are a piece of work , congratulations

I think Sean Payton tore his ACL getting tackled into. I remember Wade Phillips getting smacked and having to be carted out.

Could find the Sean Payton hit, but found this highlight reel from a few years ago.

😂

Hes tough as nails
yeah but a copper one

Didn’t know this was a fan boy convention. I guess he wasn’t injured often in college and didn’t fall in the draft because of it? Are you guys family members?

Hes tough as nails
yeah but a copper one

Didn’t know this was a fan boy convention. I guess he wasn’t injured often in college and didn’t fall in the draft because of it? Are you guys family members?
✌️

Users who are viewing this thread