What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Ppr te hell.
Fire up Moreau tonight
Drop Moreau for Waller and fire up Njoku who is limited and maybe catching passes from a very rusty Watson.
I’ll have to drop Burks off the bench and pick up a okonkwo level streamer on Sunday if Njoku is a no go.
I despise Thursday night football. Not a problem if not for everyone being injured which is everyone.
I probably would have recommended Moreau.

Okay I'm gonna double dip here sorry lol. Just reconsidering my TEs now. 1PPR, 6/TD.

Dulcich (vs KC)
-or-
Henry (@ AZ)

Sutton is likely out this week, so Jeudy is his only competition for targets. Very nice game last week.

Henry, while I'm not generally enthusiastic about, is going against a horrid AZ defense who is notoriously bad at slowing TEs.

Thanks for any thoughts!
TEs are so tough to reason through.

I like Dulcich here because he just seems to get much better volume and more consistently. It's a somewhat decent matchup relative to Henry's too. KC has been great against TEs over the last five games but they also haven't really played against a quality TE over that span (Hurst got knocked out in the first quarter then it was Higbee, Everett, Engram & Hooper. Those are all average passing teams and average players at best. Arizona has been positively torched by TEs, no question about it so if you are more comfortable with Henry you absolutely should go that route as I have no real feel for the position at all. That's why I lean towards the higher target ceiling.

Dulcich>Henry

I have waffled back to Brady @ SF.

Weather will be cold, but no rain. Huntley @ PIT looks colder & potentially rainy. And PIT is also a good defense.

I've talked myself into starting Brady. I don't think the SF secondary will be able to cover Godwin, and I have trust issues with Huntley's ability to get it done in a road game against a semi-tough defense.

I may waffle back before Sunday. I do be like that.
You gotta do what you gotta do. I encourage that.

I stand by my original thoughts on the matter.
I’ve now added Mac Jones, and am seriously considering starting him on MNF.

AZ is next to last in pass defense, and as a Stevenson shareholder, the double passing TD prospect is exciting.

It’s looking more and more like freezing rain + wind here in the SF Bay Area tomorrow, and I don’t love the PIT matchup for Huntley at all.

Your thoughts on Mac Vs Brady?

At flex. .5 ppr

Zonovan Knight, James Cook, Darius Slayton
Oh man, I could probably make an argument for and against each of those guys. It feels like one of those situations where I write a whole bunch of stuff and then tell you I have no idea and to go with your gut. But...let's see.

Buffalo, the Jets & Philadelphia are 4th, 6th & 8th in scoring defense. No help there.

Buffalo is a somewhat better defense against the run than the Jets (12 ypg & -4 TDs on the season). Also in a 0.5 PPR I have concern that Zonovan will lose receiving looks to Michael Carter who is off the injury report. Those are two small data points in favor of Cook>Zonovan as is Cook being on the home team that is favored to win (by 10 with an O/U of 43 FWIW...which I think is about as much as the cost of the ink it took for me to type this). But still the trend is slightly in favor of Cook>Zonovan IMO. What favors Zonovan is Saleh said he is going to continue getting the ball, which is great. He averaged 18.5 looks over his two games. But Michael Carter is going to change that perspective a bit, by default. And I have no idea by how much.

Is Zonovan's opportunity floor as low as Cook's now? It's impossible to know. He got plenty of usage in a very easy win against New England, almost nothing in a nail biter against Detroit and against Cleveland he saw 4 opportunities while they were down 7 in the first half then 1 opportunity when up 3 in the 3rd quarter and 7 more when the Bills were leading by 12 or more. If you look at his play-by-play stats I get the feeling that he is still viewed as more of a closer and not as much a guy they use when the game is close. He also really isn't used much inside the 10.

For Zonovan we only have two games of data to go on but it really looks like he is used all over and in most situations.

I recommend looking at their splits maybe they help you in this decision:
Zonovan
Cook

Slayton OTOH has almost zero competition for opportunities and now Barkley is dinged up and may not even play. Is that good or bad for Slayton? He's going to see a lot more attention from the Giants offense and Phili defense if Barkley is out. I think you can count on 4-60 as a floor for him but how much scoring should we expect from this Giants team?

Yeah I'm exactly where I thought I would be, lots of words and not much conclusion.

Definitely go with your gut. For me, I guess I would risk it with the guy on the best offense with the team that has the best chance to win:

Cook>Zonovan>Slayton

With word that Mike Williams is a go for SNF, WSIS:
Palmer vs MIA
Gabe Davis vs NYJ

Jets very stingy against the pass, and I feel like Williams / Allen drawing top coverage could open things up for Palmer.

Currently have Palmer in.
I'll assume this is PPR otherwise I don't imagine you would be asking.

It's difficult to call with this being the first game with Allen, Williams and Palmer all playing. The Chargers are throwing the ball more than anyone but the Bucs (43 att/game) so there should be some to go around for everyone. It's also a much better matchup than what Davis is facing. But where is Palmer in the pecking order? Has he done enough to be the first or second read on some plays? So difficult to figure out but in a PPR there is definitely upside. My guess is his o/u for targets is 6.5 and I think he can give you a reasonable floor if that comes to pass, but I do worry about his ceiling. Is it 9-100-1? Or is it 5-70-0?

With Davis you have zero concern for ceiling. Also on 19 fewer targets he has 53 more yards and 3 more TDs than Palmer on the season and at no point has he been the feature receiver on the offense. His target floor is 5 (55% catch rate). Looks like light snow with no real wind in Buffalo either so the playbook should be wide open. I don't know what kind of defense the Jets play relative to WRs but if they do man with any kind of regularity I imagine Sauce will be on Diggs more often than Davis (no idea if that is true though).

This is really one of those questions that depends on what you need from your guy this week. For me, I am often a risk taker when deciding between similar tiered players so:

Davis>Palmer

From the waiver to flex:

Dortch vs NE
DJ - bring that back - Chark vs MN
Gotta be PPR, right?

As much as I like The Dortch, it's mostly because saying his name makes me smile because every time I say his name I think of The Stork, he has a difficult situation. Both Hopkins & Brown are healthy, he does have some kind of thumb issue and the Patriots represent a difficult matchup. He could be peppered with a lot of short, quick throws for sure but where is his upside?

Chark is on a, IMO, better offense and the matchup is significantly better. The Vikings give up 80 more yards, 4.5 more attempts, 5.8 more completions, 1.3 more y/r & 11 points higher QBR than the Patriots. Everything is lining up for Chark this week, which means the Vikings will probably shut the Lions out. The problem is Chark has a very low floor, particularly if Jameson Williams starts to get more PT. He salvaged a poor game v Buffalo with a 4th quarter TD. In the six complete games he has played he has 4, 0, 3, 0, 2 & 5 receptions. In four games without Rondale Moore, The Dortch has 7, 4, 9 & 9 receptions. Mind you none of those games had both Marquise Brown & DeAndre Hopkins both available.

Very interesting call, I think Dortch may be the safer call, only if this is PPR, and I don't think Chark's ceiling is so high as to overcome that:
Dortch>Chark

I'm not excited about playing Mike Evans in the playoffs, but my options are bad: Gus Edwards, Kareem Hunt, Jordan Mason, Darius Slayton. I'm interested in hearing from y'all who are benching Evans, and who are you benching him for?
If this is a full PPR league I guess would consider Slayton over Evans. He really is the Giants receiving corps at the moment. He will see plenty of coverage but he should see, maybe 8 targets with an upside of 10. But, as uninteresting as Evans is he is still averaging a little over one catch/game more than Slayton. It's a small margin but, in PPR that has some value. And, while I would probably play D.Jones over Brady in magic football, I wouldn't do that IRL. Brady is throwing the ball around 43 times/game compared to 29 for Jones, with the same completion rate (66%).

If you're really interested in taking a shot in the dark then maybe Mason is worth considering? The premise is the Niners are going to try and run the ball more with Purdy at QB and that they will split the load more than some people believe. Over the last four games McCaffrey's backup is getting 12.8 opportunities per game. Mason had 8 last week, Mitchell & Mason combined for 14 the week before (I combine them because Mason did not get a touch until Mitchell went down), Mitchell had 9 the week before and 20 the week before that. There may be some meat on the bone for the #2 RB in SF and that guy seems to be Mason. But it's a total spec pick as a stand alone play.

Like it or not IMO:
Evans>Slayton>Mason

I have a little more clarity with my team. Burks is Out so moved him to my IR spot and picked up Maher for my Kicker. Leaves me with these options for WR3 - Full PPR

Joshua Palmer vs Dolphins - Mike Williams was FP both Thurs and Fri. Neither Keenan Allen nor Mike WIlliams have an injury designation this week.
George Pickens vs Ravens - Diontae Johnson Questionable with a Hip - LP - DNP - LP for Wed-Thu-Fri
Jameson Williams vs Vikings - played only 8 snaps last week
I'm off Pickens ATM. In five games without Claypool he has 3, 4, 6, 6, & 2 targets with 11 total receptions. I just can't do that anymore.

Jameson is a fun thought but with 0% understanding of his usage, even in a great matchup on a very strong offense (particularly at home) you only choose him if you want to have fun rooting for someone.

I think it has to be Palmer in a full PPR league. Fine matchup on the team with the second highest number of pass attempts in the league (Herbert throws about 42 times per game). I think, even with Williams and Allen in play Palmer probably still sees 6 or so targets and maybe has a floor around 4-50 with some upside (personally, after last season, I have difficulty trusting Williams after a leg injury).

Palmer>Jameson>Pickens

I’ll need a flex replacement if Barkley can’t go

.5 PPR

T Homer vs CAR
M Breida vs PHI
R White @ SF
Z Jones @ TEN
This is 100% dependent on if we find out Dee Jay Dallas is out before you have to make your decision. If Dallas is out I like Homer as the fill in by a good margin. If we don't know by the time you have to make a decision then I would probably roll Breida over both White & Zay. I seldom will recommend a RB against the Niner defense and Zay is just so darn inconsistent (plus Lawrence has a toe issue). At least if Barkley is out Breida should have a decent floor for opportunity.

Homer*>Breida

More of a who do I drop question. With JK Dobbins being activated I need to make room for him in a PPR league. My RBs are Kamara, Etienne, Fournette. Latavius Murray and Gus Edwards. I need to cut one of them free to make room for Dobbins. Which one?

Second part then is who do I start this week? I need to start 2. Kamara is on bye and will go with Etienne in one spot. So it comes down to one of Murray, Edwards or Dobbins.

Already in our playoffs so playing for playoff positioning. Leaning towards cutting Edwards and starting Murray this week.

Rough week with Olave on bye and Walker injured.

RB2 slot, ppr, pick 1:
Pierce vs Dal
Perine vs Cle

WR2&3, ppr, pick 2:
Aiyuk vs TB
Pickens vs Bal
Juju vs Den

Flex, ppr, pick 1:
scraps from above

Or put another way, pick 4 from the above.

They all seem about equal in that they could put up 5 points or 20 points but most likely somewhere in the 9-12 points range. JuJu probably scares me the most because he has not had more than 4 targets or 7 points since his concussion week 10. Perine only had 2 games over 9 points prior to Mixon's concussion but may have earned a bigger role after his performance the last 3 weeks.
I hate your RB2 decision...and your other decisions.

Mixon is back so you have to expect Perine's usage to drop to something much closer to what we saw weeks 1-9 (5.2 opportunities/game). Maybe he has earned a bump and the Bengals may want to try and preserve Mixon so he could have a ceiling around 12 opportunities. So, are 12 opportunities vs Cle worth more than 20 against Dallas? Probably.

Pierce had 21 total opportunities last week vs Cleveland, which is great. However he had only two opportunities on two drives in the 4th quarter after Houston went down by two scores. When the Texans were dismantled by the Dolphins, Pierce had two total opportunities in the entire second half (only 3 opps in the first after going down 17, he had 6 opps before that point. He may be the kind of back who gets scripted out of games. So if you think Dallas is going to crush, and we all think Dallas is going to crush then maybe 10-12 opportunities (with the risk of a low floor) is better than whatever Pierce sees. Particularly in a PPR format

Perine>Pierce

I almost assuredly bench Pickens in this scenario. As I posted above
I'm off Pickens ATM. In five games without Claypool he has 3, 4, 6, 6, & 2 targets with 11 total receptions. I just can't do that anymore.
Purdy peppered Aiyuk with 7 targets after Garoppolo left the game. I imagine he is still the lead WR in a Purdy led offense.

JuJu is a tougher call with only 4, 3 & 4 targets over his last three games (one was injury shortened) but at lease we know he has 8-10 target upside and I simply don't know that about Pickens anymore.

Aiyuk>JuJu>Pickens

For your flex I would flip a coin. I may land on Pickens just because, at heart, we still believe he has that big play upside. I think beyond Pierce maybe getting scripted out of blowouts, he may also have hit a bit of a wall. But really, it's a gut call for you.

Pickens>Pierce

Ok…a win and Im in scenario with some odd scoring. Old old old school league.
TD only scoring for QBs, no yardage points. And an odd rule I dislike…will explain with my options.

Tua @ LAC
Dak vs Houston

Was going with Dak…but part of that issue is I am forced to play Pollard at RB (scoring is TD only for QBs…4 passing 6 rushing…and TD heavy for others and Pollard has been great there. But the other odd scoring is that we only get points for one guy per TD. Meaning, if Dak throws a TD to Pollard…im taking 6 points from Pollard and don’t get the points for Dak. Has me now thinking Tua as a good shot to throw at least 2 and Dak if he throws 3, there is a good chance one is to Pollard.
Under that format, even without the weird TD split rule, I still go with Tua. I simply cannot see a scenario where the Dallas game is ever in doubt. The Cowboys could be running the clock out after the coin flip.

Tua faces a soft defense and an offense that can score. He also has an offense that runs through him not the running game, I think we could say the opposite about Dallas.

For me this is pretty clear:
Tua>Dak

PPR League. Need a TE:

* G. Dulcich vs KC -- Sutton out, he's been split out wide. Crazy target share last week. You'd think he'd get targets at minimum and Wilson will need to throw. That said, this DEN offense stinks (and I'm starting the KC D against them).

OR

* G. Everett vs MIA -- Solid matchup. Could be a shootout. MIA tougher against the run, but not so much the pass. Everett getting consistently targeted the last couple weeks, but it looks like Mike Williams could be back.

Note: Need upside. Underdog and I have to outscore another team due to total points scored tiebreaker.

Which TE?

Thanks
I comfortably roll with Dulcich here. With Williams, Allen, Palmer & Ekeler all on the field for Everett, it's tough to see him get much by way of looks. Dulcich has 8-10 target upside.

Dulcich>Everett

PPR

Mike Williams
Donovan Peoples-Jones
I guess the bottom line here is Herbert throws 42 passes per game and hasn't missed 30+ games over the past two seasons. I roll the dice on Herbert & Willliams (no injury designation) over what I saw from the Cleveland passing game last week. Pretty clear on this one IMO.

Williams>DPJ

Need one for flex spot: Devonta Smith (@NYG), Mike Williams (v. Mia)
Interesting call here but I would comfortably roll with DeVonta this week. After last season I have concerns about Williams coming back from a leg injury, even with no injury designation. DeVonta seems like a safe bet for 8 targets and he is a reasonable bet for a TD.

DeVonta>Williams

Palmer vs MIA
Gabe Davis vs NYJ

Jets very stingy against the pass, and I feel like Williams / Allen drawing top coverage could open things up for Palmer.

It's difficult to call with this being the first game with Allen, Williams and Palmer all playing. The Chargers are throwing the ball more than anyone but the Bucs (43 att/game) so there should be some to go around for everyone. It's also a much better matchup than what Davis is facing. But where is Palmer in the pecking order? Has he done enough to be the first or second read on some plays? So difficult to figure out but in a PPR there is definitely upside. My guess is his o/u for targets is 6.5 and I think he can give you a reasonable floor if that comes to pass, but I do worry about his ceiling. Is it 9-100-1? Or is it 5-70-0?

With Davis you have zero concern for ceiling. Also on 19 fewer targets he has 53 more yards and 3 more TDs than Palmer on the season and at no point has he been the feature receiver on the offense. His target floor is 5 (55% catch rate). Looks like light snow with no real wind in Buffalo either so the playbook should be wide open. I don't know what kind of defense the Jets play relative to WRs but if they do man with any kind of regularity I imagine Sauce will be on Diggs more often than Davis (no idea if that is true though).

This is really one of those questions that depends on what you need from your guy this week. For me, I am often a risk taker when deciding between similar tiered players so:

Davis>Palmer
It is indeed PPR. I'm going to go with Davis. I enjoy having players in prime time, but I'mna change my lineup based on this recommendation.

*that way I can blame you if it blows up in my face. I kid!

Ok, last one:
Brady @ SF
Mac Jones @ AZ

😬
Mac Jones because of the AZ pass D.
Thanks - I have Mac in my lineup right now. It feels dirty.

But I'm looking out my door, and the weather is rough. That + the 49ers D, and Brady's hot & cold nature this year, and yeah - I have to believe NEP will put an emphasis on passing this week after the disaster last week.

.5 PPR

T Homer vs CAR
M Breida vs PHI
R White @ SF
Z Jones @ TEN
This is 100% dependent on if we find out Dee Jay Dallas is out before you have to make your decision. If Dallas is out I like Homer as the fill in by a good margin. If we don't know by the time you have to make a decision then I would probably roll Breida over both White & Zay. I seldom will recommend a RB against the Niner defense and Zay is just so darn inconsistent (plus Lawrence has a toe issue). At least if Barkley is out Breida should have a decent floor for opportunity.

Homer*>Breida
Surprised you wouldn't put R. White at the top of the list. It's a tough matchup, but if Fournette is out or compromised, White is going to get touches. Especially out of the backfield.

I could see Homer splitting touches with T. Jones and maybe some other wildcard off the practice squad in a game where Geno just throws anyways. And Breida splitting with Brightwell against the PHI D...man, I don't know.

Another league, need one RB & one flex: Jamaal Williams (v Min), Pacheco (@Den), Kirk (@Ten), G. Wilson (@Buf), Godwin (@SF).
Tough call on RB. For the first time in a long time Swift had no injury designation last week (this week too) and Jamaal saw a season low 11 opportunities. That should be a concern. Then again he scored another TD so, his floor still seems very stable.

Pacheco has been seeing 17.5 opportunities/game over his last four and the strength of the Broncos defense is actually middling against the run. Pacheco also has a TD in his last two games. Over the last four games he has 10 carries inside the 10 & 5 inside the 5. That's nice. With that offense seemingly committing to running Pacheco it is easy to see a safe floor and very good upside.

I love Jamaal but, I think:
Pacheco>Jamaal

For your flex, I assuming this is a PPR league.

I think I would roll the dice on Godwin. He simply dwarfs the others for volume, which is saying something, and he has a ridiculous 68.7% catch rate, compared to 60.6% for Wilson & 62.6% for Kirk. The Niner D is unquestionably tough but no one throws more than TB and I just prefer Godwin for his, likely, guaranteed double digit targets.

That being said you have three great options there (four actually as Jamaal is still a significant TD threat, in fact if it was a non-PPR league I may put Jamaal at the top of your flex list) so you can comfortably choose any of them. For me:

Godwin>Wilson>Kirk>Jamaal

More of a who do I drop question. With JK Dobbins being activated I need to make room for him in a PPR league. My RBs are Kamara, Etienne, Fournette. Latavius Murray and Gus Edwards. I need to cut one of them free to make room for Dobbins. Which one?

Second part then is who do I start this week? I need to start 2. Kamara is on bye and will go with Etienne in one spot. So it comes down to one of Murray, Edwards or Dobbins.

Already in our playoffs so playing for playoff positioning. Leaning towards cutting Edwards and starting Murray this week.
I mean, it has to be Gus, right? That backfield is a mess regardless, there is no way they both have value. At least the others are clearly the lead back on their teams.

Murray is probably the volume play and maybe the smart play too as the Pitt v Bal games are always so difficult to predict. Plus there is still some uncertainty how Dobbins will be used with both Gus & Huntley around. The thing about losing Lamar is there isn't likely to be much of a drop off in designed QB runs. Finally, since it's a PPR Latavius is a much better receiver and the Ravens don't really pass to their RBs.

But, if you're looking for the upside play then I would go with Dobbins:

Murray>Dobbins>Gus

PPR League. Need a flex.

* T. Homer vs CAR -- K. Walker and D. Dallas are both listed as questionable, but didn't practice. Let's assume they are NOT active or there are reports Homer is the lead guy in the SEA backfield with maybe some T. Jones sprinkled in. Matchup is decent. Homer has had one game in his career with 10 or more touches.

* G. Everett vs MIA -- Good matchup. Could be a shootout. Has had the targets last two games, but Mike Williams could be back.

* JK Dobbins @PIT -- Off IR. Would be a serious roll of the dice. Probably not a consideration unless there is pregame chatter of him carrying the load a la Gus a few weeks ago.

* H. Henry @AZ -- Maybe the best positional matchup of the week...TEs vs AZ D. Almost wish I had another flex here to throw him in due to the matchup. J. Meyers has already been ruled out as well. I expect the NE offense to move the ball with similar success as they did against MN.

Note: Looking for ceiling.
Note 2: I'm already starting Geno Smith.
Note 3: ESPN's projections for T. Homer jumped from < 3 to 13.6...more than the other three options.

Which?

Thanks

Palmer vs MIA
Gabe Davis vs NYJ

Davis>Palmer
It is indeed PPR. I'm going to go with Davis. I enjoy having players in prime time, but I'mna change my lineup based on this recommendation.

*that way I can blame you if it blows up in my face. I kid!
No worries, I can take it.

Ok, last one:
Brady @ SF
Mac Jones @ AZ

😬
Mac Jones because of the AZ pass D.
Thanks - I have Mac in my lineup right now. It feels dirty.

But I'm looking out my door, and the weather is rough. That + the 49ers D, and Brady's hot & cold nature this year, and yeah - I have to believe NEP will put an emphasis on passing this week after the disaster last week.

As a longtime NE fan and one who is listening to the media crucify Patricia, I'd still expect NE to run plenty with Stevenson, but it should be a balanced attack.

No J. Meyers hurts a bit, but I think Mac will do fine with Bourne, Thornton, and I have a feeling D. Parker makes his every fourth game reappearance.

And it's a mortal lock that Stevenson gets about 7 catches.

Thinking Mac is 250-1 at minimum with a 50% chance at a 2nd TD.

.5 PPR

T Homer vs CAR
M Breida vs PHI
R White @ SF
Z Jones @ TEN

Homer*>Breida
Surprised you wouldn't put R. White at the top of the list. It's a tough matchup, but if Fournette is out or compromised, White is going to get touches. Especially out of the backfield.

I could see Homer splitting touches with T. Jones and maybe some other wildcard off the practice squad in a game where Geno just throws anyways. And Breida splitting with Brightwell against the PHI D...man, I don't know.
Yeah, if Fournette is out it does change the calculus a little bit but if he plays I still stick with Homer*>Breida (if DeeJay Dallas is out). That Niner rush defense is for real, IMO.

But, sure White can make up for a lot as a receiver out of the backfield so even if he only gets 40 or so total yards he could have 6 receptions. He is not a bad play relative to your options. He probably your safest floor option.

Neither is Zay for that matter, he certainly gets volume but, like most of your other options I don't like his floor at all.

Ok, last one:
Brady @ SF
Mac Jones @ AZ

😬
Brady pretty clearly. Right now they're calling for light rain and less than 10 mph winds. Big deal.

Brady>Jones
I'm live in the Bay Area & that weather report seems bunk.

Current local hourly weather has been trending worse by the hour. It went from clear (Thursday) to cloudy (Friday) to 20% chance of rain last night. Then today it's crept steadily upwards to 80% chance of rain with gusty winds.

Not sure where you're getting your weather, but this is nasty system moving through. It's also ~50 degrees, which might now sound cold to a lot of you, but it's very cold for this area, and combined with wind & rain, could be rough conditions.

Plus the 49ers defense, who have been very tough on QBs.

Thinking Mac is 250-1 at minimum with a 50% chance at a 2nd TD.
That's really all I need from a QB tomorrow. I fear Brady's floor may be lower than that.
SF / TB feels like a 17-16 game.

NE / AZ feels more like a 27-24 game.
That's my feeling also. Plus I do enjoy having a player in the MNF game - it's the only game on, so I can watch every painful second of it as I lose by .5 because I didn't take @Chaka's advice and started Mac freakin Jones, who probably gets replaced by Zappe at halftime.

PPR League. Need a flex.

* T. Homer vs CAR -- K. Walker and D. Dallas are both listed as questionable, but didn't practice. Let's assume they are NOT active or there are reports Homer is the lead guy in the SEA backfield with maybe some T. Jones sprinkled in. Matchup is decent. Homer has had one game in his career with 10 or more touches.

* G. Everett vs MIA -- Good matchup. Could be a shootout. Has had the targets last two games, but Mike Williams could be back.

* JK Dobbins @PIT -- Off IR. Would be a serious roll of the dice. Probably not a consideration unless there is pregame chatter of him carrying the load a la Gus a few weeks ago.

* H. Henry @AZ -- Maybe the best positional matchup of the week...TEs vs AZ D. Almost wish I had another flex here to throw him in due to the matchup. J. Meyers has already been ruled out as well. I expect the NE offense to move the ball with similar success as they did against MN.

Note: Looking for ceiling.
Note 2: I'm already starting Geno Smith.
Note 3: ESPN's projections for T. Homer jumped from < 3 to 13.6...more than the other three options.

Which?

Thanks
Everett is a non-starter IMO. Too many other targets ahead of him in the pecking order.

I am hesitant on Dobbins but I have to say the Ravens do seem to generally pick a RB and ride them, although it's difficult to really know with all the turnover they have had. Add that it is the Steelers on the road with Huntley at QB and I am not terribly excited for him this week.

Henry is a very interesting option as the Cardinals have been bad against opposing TEs. But he's such a low volume guy and isn't nearly the TD machine he was last year and it's tough to get terribly excited about him either.

You know I like Homer if Walker and DeeJay are out (neither practiced this week so I view their Q designation as gamesmanship). The Panthers have the 25th rated rush D in the NFL, which is interesting to me as they haven't really faced many strong RBs this season (Kamara, Fournette & Mixon). When considering longshot plays IMO you start players on teams you think will win and it doesn't suck if they also are the fifth highest scoring offense in the NFL.

Homer*>Dobbins>Henry>Everett

You’re starting Murray this week, he catches a few passes also. I would darn near drop Dobbins. Can’t drop Murray as he’s not splitting carrries.

Brady @ SF
Mac Jones @ AZ

😬
Brady pretty clearly. Right now they're calling for light rain and less than 10 mph winds. Big deal.

Brady>Jones
From Paul Charchian’s site - Only one qb in the last 6 games hasn’t passed for 2+ TDs vs AZ - John Wolfford. Az is in the bottom 3rd in pass D, and no weather concerns.
Fair, but prior to that Stafford threw 0 against them, Mayfield only threw one TD, Hurts 0 & Geno 0.

Over the last 6 the Cardinals have faced Dalton, Cousins, Geno, Wolford, Garoppolo & Herbert. And that Mexico City game feels like a bit of a special circumstance. Only Dalton, maybe, is an embarrassment to give up 2+ TDs to.

Mac Jones has thrown 2 TDs once in 8 games. He has thrown 0 TDs in 2 of 8 games. 1 TD pass in 5 of 8 games.

Judging by the weather right now in Monterey, CA (about 80 miles south of Levi's stadium), it's not nice in the Bay Area ATM. If the weather is like this at Levi's tomorrow then I would agree with Jones. But if it's 53, light rain with 9 mph winds, I stick with Brady.

Brady @ SF
Mac Jones @ AZ

😬

Brady>Jones
From Paul Charchian’s site - Only one qb in the last 6 games hasn’t passed for 2+ TDs vs AZ - John Wolfford. Az is in the bottom 3rd in pass D, and no weather concerns.
Fair, but prior to that Stafford threw 0 against them, Mayfield only threw one TD, Hurts 0 & Geno 0.

Over the last 6 the Cardinals have faced Dalton, Cousins, Geno, Wolford, Garoppolo & Herbert. And that Mexico City game feels like a bit of a special circumstance. Only Dalton, maybe, is an embarrassment to give up 2+ TDs to.

Mac Jones has thrown 2 TDs once in 8 games. He has thrown 0 TDs in 2 of 8 games. 1 TD pass in 5 of 8 games.

Judging by the weather right now in Monterey, CA (about 80 miles south of Levi's stadium), it's not nice in the Bay Area ATM. If the weather is like this at Levi's tomorrow then I would agree with Jones. But if it's 53, light rain with 9 mph winds, I stick with Brady.
I’m permanently down on Brady

Brady @ SF
Mac Jones @ AZ

😬

Brady>Jones

I'll play it by ear tomorrow & will base my final call on the weather.

Truth be told, that was my plan anyway, but as a Niners fan I'm also very hesitant to start any QB against that defense. OTOH, with Purdy at the helm, TOP might be in favor of the Bucs - could be a lot of SF 3 & outs.

Fun discussion though as always. You know I don't take this topic all that seriously, but I do enjoy your analysis of X vs Y, or sometimes X vs Y vs Z.
:hifive:

.5 PPR

D. Pierce in a tough matchup vs DAL

T. Homer vs CAR without knowing what his workload is going to be
May I suggest you start drinking heavily?

Jokes aside, I’d go with Pierce. He’s the most known of the relatively unknown options. Maybe you’ll get lucky & DAL will give up an easy 1st half TD.

There are just so many factors to SEA. Weather, workload, RBBC competition depending if DeeJay Dallas plays or not.

At least ya know Pierce has a job.

.5 PPR

Pretty clear IMO, if you know Walker III & DeeJay Dallas are out before you have to make your decision then

Homer>Pierce

If you absolutely have to make your decision before you have clarity in Seattle then:
Pierce>Homer

Yeah Pierce plays at 1 and SEA plays the later slot so I wouldn’t know because Ken and Dallas are apparently GTDs. I really don’t think they’re going to play though

.5 PPR

Pretty clear IMO, if you know Walker III & DeeJay Dallas are out before you have to make your decision then

Homer>Pierce

If you absolutely have to make your decision before you have clarity in Seattle then:
Pierce>Homer

Yeah Pierce plays at 1 and SEA plays the later slot so I wouldn’t know because Ken and Dallas are apparently GTDs. I really don’t think they’re going to play though
I think there is a chance we hear something about Walker & Dallas before kickoff on the early game.

And I agree they won't play. How common is it to not log a practice all week and still play on Sunday?

But if you don't get news you probably need to roll Pierce.

TE hell boys …

.50ppr

Kittle v TB
Dulcich v KC
Everett v MIA

underdog in this matchup. Looking for booms.

Thanks bros

Need 1:
Mixon vs CLE
Conner vs NE
6pt TD, non PPR lg. Rbs get 1/10yds rush and rec

I like Mixons matchup, but concerned he may spit time after coming back from concussion.

Conner has been solid for ARI, but Kyler tends to snipe the TDs when they get close.

What's the call?

Ppr te hell.
Fire up Moreau tonight
Drop Moreau for Waller and fire up Njoku who is limited and maybe catching passes from a very rusty Watson.
I’ll have to drop Burks off the bench and pick up a okonkwo level streamer on Sunday if Njoku is a no go.
I despise Thursday night football. Not a problem if not for everyone being injured which is everyone.
I probably would have recommended
There’s nothing as fun as feeling fortunate to have dodged a bullet like I did and then get goosed by Njoku and wish I’d been forced to roll chig off waivers. What a great hobby 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread