What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

No worries. Ended up being a 4 pt difference. Pretty sure I’ll be ok without that buffer.
Sincerely happy to hear that.

I can't help but take mental ownership of my calls and, even though I try to keep track I only remember the ones that go wrong.

You're probably too young to know this reference but if you watch North Dallas Forty, great football movie, it perfectly captures the essence of that feeling.

No worries. Ended up being a 4 pt difference. Pretty sure I’ll be ok without that buffer.
Sincerely happy to hear that.

I can't help but take mental ownership of my calls and, even though I try to keep track I only remember the ones that go wrong.

You're probably too young to know this reference but if you watch North Dallas Forty, great football movie, it perfectly captures the essence of that feeling.
I'm an old fart, been playing fantasy football since 1992-93.

Yep I totally get it. Love that movie. One of Nolte's best and a classic.

I sincerely enjoy the help. I look forward to this thread every week because I like getting yours and other's unbiased opinions on starting rosters. Thanks and keep up the great work!!

I don't think I could bench Evans for any of those guys. I actually think this is a bit of a bounce back week for Evans. They aren't gonna have any success rushing this week, and I could see TB getting Evans going early just to try to snap him out of his funk. I'm still looking at Evans as a top-25 WR for sure.

Pretty sure Evans will get benched in 90% of leagues after another awful performance. Every owner that advanced this week did it despite Evans.

I don't think I could bench Evans for any of those guys. I actually think this is a bit of a bounce back week for Evans. They aren't gonna have any success rushing this week, and I could see TB getting Evans going early just to try to snap him out of his funk. I'm still looking at Evans as a top-25 WR for sure.

Pretty sure Evans will get benched in 90% of leagues after another awful performance. Every owner that advanced this week did it despite Evans.
Agreed. But a lot of owners will be in a similar situation as you were this week.

They'll have to choose between guys like Gus, Slayton & Mason. It's tough to imagine a guy like Evans in that company but that speaks to his season in general.

And if that's the tier he is in then he deserves consideration as an option among those type of guys. He still got 9 targets today and when picking among this tier of player volume is a huge factor.

Agreed. But a lot of owners will be in a similar situation as you were this week.

They'll have to choose between guys like Gus, Slayton & Mason. It's tough to imagine a guy like Evans in that company but that speaks to his season in general.

And if that's the tier he is in then he deserves consideration as an option among those type of guys. He still got 9 targets today and when picking among this tier of player volume is a huge factor.

I will gladly start over Elijah Moore and Cordarrelle Patterson over Evans this week. Cincinatti no pushover on pass D.

@Chaka
Brady was the right call. Netted me +6
Palmer was +4.5 over Gabe Davis

I’m up .6 - it’s IDP, so pray for me that it holds, but thanks (to you & others) for talking me into Brady - it may have been the difference between a W & a L.
:wub:

PPR redraft, all TDs 6. Win and I may get in the playoffs. Lose and I'm definitely out.

QB: Huntley @ PIT or Lawrence @ TEN?
Ugh...I hate this one. I have trouble because of Lawrence's toe injury but he's a gamer and Tennessee has only really shut down Davis Mills and Matt Ryan. Even Russell Wilson put up 10 points against them in my league (which falls about exactly average).

Huntley is intriguing because he can run a little but, make no mistake, he's not Lamar Jackson. The Steelers defense isn't much better against the pass than the Titans, but Huntley does feel like an unknown and I worry that makes us think he has more upside than a guy like Lawrence. I am not sure that is true.

Very tough call IMO, a real coin toss. Your situation really depends on the rest of the roster and if you think you need the moonshot or not.

Total guess here:
Huntley>Lawrence

Cousins vs. the Super Bowl Bound Lions
Lawrence v. TEN
Cousins and not very close to me. He's just much more consistent and I imagine the Vikings are tired of hearing how they are road dogs despite having a 5 game lead in the division.

Cousins>Lawrence
Ugh... Lawrence putting up a monster.

I stand by the Cousins call because the logic was sound but, Huntley... oof.

Man, I love doing this thread but it'll definitely gut punch you at times.
To be fair, Cousins got jobbed when they (stupidly) stopped the play thinking JJ stepped out of bounds, which he didn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread