What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 superbowl waiver wire (1 Viewer)

I'd stick with ben
Bloom likes Brady over Ben as well. I’ve been rolling Ben all year and he’s the reason many weeks I got here. But I do tend to use Blooms rankings as a tie breaker and have been rolling with his rankings for the most part all year as they tend to be high risk high reward at times.

boilerdave said:
I've got to replace Boyd as my WR3.

Yesterday I was thinking Robert Foster. Today I'm leaning Robby Anderson.
Picked up Anderson myself and plan on starting him. Packer's defensive backfield is Alexander and 6 guys that were working the local Piggly Wiggly a couple of weeks ago.

Limited moves weekly.  My opponent used his last up to pick up McGuire and dropped Jimmy Graham. 

One move left and I’m the finals with Ian Thomas as my TE.  With the recent Cam news... I’m wondering if I stay pat.  Vance. Jimmy. Herndon. Burton LaCosse all out there. LaCosse has the best matchup ... should I be looking at  LaCosse over Ian Thomas?  

Was planning hold out to see if Gurley sits and pick up Kelly. 

Limited moves weekly.  My opponent used his last up to pick up McGuire and dropped Jimmy Graham. 

One move left and I’m the finals with Ian Thomas as my TE.  With the recent Cam news... I’m wondering if I stay pat.  Vance. Jimmy. Herndon. Burton LaCosse all out there. LaCosse has the best matchup ... should I be looking at  LaCosse over Ian Thomas?  

Was planning hold out to see if Gurley sits and pick up Kelly. 
I'm in the same TE hell myself.

Stuck with Graham most of the year but finally cut him, currently have Herndon and Thomas on the roster and am not excited about either.

Been looking at Blake Jarwin from Dallas, 7 targets each of the past two weeks. Or I might just hold my breath and pick up Jimmy again. I just don't wanna get goosed. 7-10 PPR points is all I'm hoping for.

Can't do much better than a Tight End netting 7 targets/week with an almost 80% catch rate against the Bucs in Dak's designated "good game" in his rotation at home in pleasant weather.

Tampa Bay has been better against the position recently compared to earlier in the season (no TD touchdowns scored against them since Olsen in Week 9) but during this most recent stretch they still coughed up the following weekly performances in PPR scoring...

• Jordan Reed - 9.1 (Week 10)
  • Evan Engram - 8.6 (Week 11)
  • George Kittle - 11.8 (Week 12)
  • Ian Thomas - 9.6 (Week 13)
You'd have more confidence if Dalton Schultz wasn't eating into his target share but Jarwin seems to have a reasonable floor this week all things considered.

Can't do much better than a Tight End netting 7 targets/week with an almost 80% catch rate against the Bucs in Dak's designated "good game" in his rotation at home in pleasant weather.

Tampa Bay has been better against the position recently compared to earlier in the season (no TD touchdowns scored against them since Olsen in Week 9) but during this most recent stretch they still coughed up the following weekly performances in PPR scoring...

You'd have more confidence if Dalton Schultz wasn't eating into his target share but Jarwin seems to have a reasonable floor this week all things considered.
that's a good analysis....thanks.

I like Jarwin as a dart throw but I wouldn't quote 7 targets/week since it was only over the last two weeks.

I like Jarwin as a dart throw but I wouldn't quote 7 targets/week since it was only over the last two weeks.
Yeah, the sample size is far too small to bank on 7 targets but I would say 4 receptions on one or two fewer targets is reasonable.  I mean, let's face it... outside of Kelce and Samuels (while he plays starting RB), it's been hard to count on any Tight End as having a safe floor this season.

Jarius Wright.  It’s a Longshot and maybe more of a DFS play, but he has been playing with Taylor Heinieke for three years now.  Wright often runs with the #2s in carolina and he did in Minnesota too. 

You have a QB playing for the first time all season when he’s mostly been getting backup reps, with a backup WR (though he’s on the field a lot, especially third downs) who he’s been working with for significantly longer than anyone else on the team. 

I predict a touchdown and at a minimum of 5/50 along with it.  

if you are really desperate at RB....with the Rams going against ARZ and Gurley's knee dinged....could be a chance the back up RB gets some play as the Rams should get up early in this one....I think McVay will put his foot on the gas in this one to try and get them back on the high octane offense track.....but maybe not throwing Gurley out there the whole time if he doesn't need too....
they just signed CJ Anderson, I believe Brown is on the IR.  Any RB will have success in McVay's system so if Gurley does sit, Anderson is definitely a worthwhile start.

Chris Hogan?
I just dropped Stills and picked up Hogan.  Now I have to decide if I want to start Hogan over Zay Jones or Courtland Sutton.  I need a three sided coin.  

I like Hogan now that Gordan is out of the picture but I wonder if Patterson might get more targets.

they just signed CJ Anderson, I believe Brown is on the IR.  Any RB will have success in McVay's system so if Gurley does sit, Anderson is definitely a worthwhile start.
I'd be very surprised if the guy that was on the street a few days ago carries the load for them THIS weekend.

That's the problem with this backfield behind Gurley right now, no one knows how they carries will be distributed.

I'd be very surprised if the guy that was on the street a few days ago carries the load for them THIS weekend.

That's the problem with this backfield behind Gurley right now, no one knows how they carries will be distributed.
Why wouldn't it be Kelly carrying the load? Davis got hurt too and Anderson just signed.

While I still fully expect Gurley to suit up and play this weekend - just easing himself through the practice phase of the week to avoid inflaming his knee further - in a hypothetical situation where both Gurley and Davis sit, I would expect Kelly to get the lion's share of work (essentially the Gurley load) and would only be pulled for Anderson if he failed to produce as he did in the preseason/if he needs a breather following a long drive/or in the unlikely event that he developed a case of fumbleitis/sucked egregiously at pass protecting Goff.

In other words, I highly doubt they have any desire to use Anderson unless it's absolutely necessary.  He's emergency insurance for Davis moreso than anything else.

In other words, I highly doubt they have any desire to use Anderson unless it's absolutely necessary.  He's emergency insurance for Davis moreso than anything else.
I agree with this and if Gurley / Davis are both out I'm rolling with Kelly.

I just dropped Stills and picked up Hogan.  Now I have to decide if I want to start Hogan over Zay Jones or Courtland Sutton.  I need a three sided coin.  

I like Hogan now that Gordan is out of the picture but I wonder if Patterson might get more targets.
Playing against his old team again...didnt do much earlier this season....but he dropped some points on BUF last year 

There was a lot of gold on the Championship Week waiver wire.

Foles, McGuire, Jamaal Williams, CJ Anderson and Robby Anderson all mentioned in this thread had big games and probably contributed to a lot of super bowl wins.

I just won a championship starting exactly ONE player that I drafted - my first pick DeAndre Hopkins

5 starters this week that weren't on my team 3 weeks ago: J Allen, J Samuels, Damien Williams, Robby Anderson, Chris Herndon

Gotta work that wire baby!!

Users who are viewing this thread