What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 - New England Patriots at New York Giants (1 Viewer)

Excellent block by Welker there, and a terrific night by him overall. The Welker signing is being lost in the shuffle of the perfect season chase and the Moss/Brady records.

Excellent block by Welker there, and a terrific night by him overall. The Welker signing is being lost in the shuffle of the perfect season chase and the Moss/Brady records.
Agreed. The scary thing is this is only the first year with all of them playing together. (Brady, Moss, Welker, Stallworth)

I can understand and agree with giving Jacobs a rest once in a while, but Bradshaw should be the one substituting for him, not Droughns.
:goodposting: All I can think is that Coughlin doesn't want a young guy like that to make a mistake in the game. Something like that would really mess with his confidence long term.
keep kicking to him, he'll never return it for a TD
We've secretly replaced Dominick Hixon with Devin Hester....
Bradshaw is so much more dangerous then Hixon, he has some kind of vision like Hester does, and the speed of course.

Not backing off my Patriots win stance but if I were a Pats fan, I wouldn't be too upset to lose here. Could be the best thing for them with regard to winning a Super Bowl. Getting scared by Philly is one thing. Actually losing a game is an entirely different level.J
Think so, I kind of respectfully disagree. They've had some closer games here towards the end of the season and I think the one thing they can hang their hat on is no matter what, they've found a way to win. In fact, other teams almost feel like NE is going to come back and win and if that MYTH is dispelled with a victory tonight, I think not only will the Patriots lose that confidence that they can't be beat but their oppononents heading into the playoffs will also get a confidence boost, that this team CAN be beat by a good team on a given night.

Excellent block by Welker there, and a terrific night by him overall. The Welker signing trade is being lost in the shuffle of the perfect season chase and the Moss/Brady records.
Remember, they gave up more for Welker (to a division rival) than they did for Moss.

As sick as I am hearing about the revered "72 Dolphins" ...a "good" team but certainly not one of the greatest we've seen in the NFL, I sure would love to see the Patriots lose this game. They are a great team, and they ARE one of the best the NFL has ever seen, I just dont like them. Any other NFL team that was 15-0 (except the Eagles or God forbid another Miami team) I would probably be rooting for the "perfect season".

just for the record, there is only One who is perfect

As sick as I am hearing about the revered "72 Dolphins" ...a "good" team but certainly not one of the greatest we've seen in the NFL, I sure would love to see the Patriots lose this game. They are a great team, and they ARE one of the best the NFL has ever seen, I just dont like them. Any other NFL team that was 15-0 (except the Eagles or God forbid another Miami team) I would probably be rooting for the "perfect season".just for the record, there is only One who is perfect
I don't love the Pats, but I don't mind them winning. Sure I'm jealous, but Tom Brady seems like a stand up guy and watching him and Peyton Manning play is just incredible.

As sick as I am hearing about the revered "72 Dolphins" ...a "good" team but certainly not one of the greatest we've seen in the NFL, I sure would love to see the Patriots lose this game. They are a great team, and they ARE one of the best the NFL has ever seen, I just dont like them. Any other NFL team that was 15-0 (except the Eagles or God forbid another Miami team) I would probably be rooting for the "perfect season".

Coach Ditka?

One thing I've noticed is the corners are playing tight coverage off the LOS on the Pats WRs. Some teams take the 7-yard drop approach and they get burned as a result. That's not happening tonight. Lots of over the middle stuff if a WR is covered.

As sick as I am hearing about the revered "72 Dolphins" ...a "good" team but certainly not one of the greatest we've seen in the NFL, I sure would love to see the Patriots lose this game. They are a great team, and they ARE one of the best the NFL has ever seen, I just dont like them. Any other NFL team that was 15-0 (except the Eagles or God forbid another Miami team) I would probably be rooting for the "perfect season".just for the record, there is only One who is perfect
After listening to Mercury Morris today, I really hope that someone breaks that record, just not the Patriots.

I think the fact that the 72 Dolphins weren't a great team makes their accomplishment more endearing.

I don't love the Pats, but I don't mind them winning. Sure I'm jealous, but Tom Brady seems like a stand up guy and watching him and Peyton Manning play is just incredible.
Manning and Favre I love, Brady is too smug for my liking....yes that is just my opinion.

Coach Ditka?
:goodposting: :lmao: :lmao:

Did Gumbel just say "they'll give him a gain of 1" after Maroney's 5-yard loss brought up a 3rd and 9?

He didn't get that timeout off, but you know what, I'm glad they used it. Timeouts could be huge at the end of the game and that one's down the tubes.

They're either going to get a first down on a big pass play here or not, so the 5 yard penalty IMO isn't huge. Either gonna be a 15 yard completion plus or an incompletion here.

I say bring the house on a blitz, cover deep and tackle underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread