What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION!

This is where we ask questions and offer help. And thank you to all of the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Mayfield vs Den or Matt Ryan @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

Thanks to everyone for really stepping up last week and offering so much of your time to help the rest of us.

Same decision as last week.

0.5 ppr

Waddle vs Ten, Higgins vs KC, Rojo vs NYJ, Najee vs CLE

I have to bench one

My team is stacked. 12-2 record. I also have Javonte and Michel on my bench.

Last week I benched Higgins which was clearly a mistake but it didn't matter. This week I'm leaning on benching Higgins again.

6 per TD, -1 for INT, -2 Fumbles lost. 
***Bonus for 40 yard TDs. 

Lamar/Huntley vs. Rams 

Big Ben vs. Cleveland 

Trey Lance vs. Houston

Taysom Hill vs. Panthers 

Last edited by a moderator:

0.5 ppr

I have to bench one

Last week I benched Higgins which was clearly a mistake but it didn't matter. This week I'm leaning on benching Higgins again.
thats tough

aorn, I think I would lean towards Higgins too

Lamar/Huntley vs. Rams 

Big Ben vs. Cleveland 

Trey Lance vs. Houston

Taysom Hill vs. Panthers 
if Lamar plays, go him. Otherwise, I am not sure. Hill has decent floor. Maybe Lance for upside as he could run on Houston a lot. Big Ben's last home game ever, hmm. I dunno.

Starting C.Patterson in a Flex, his recent usage and lack of points is concerning but he got me here so for now I have him in there. Talk me down off the ledge of taking him out - my other options are:

I have Barkley, Conner and Burkhead as other options.  

I'm starting Rojo, Gibson, AJ Brown, Diggs, Andrews so just need that last spot. 

Of course it may all be for naught if I have to start T.Lawrence again at QB if L-Jax or Huntley don't play. 

Lamar/Huntley vs. Rams 

Big Ben vs. Cleveland 

Trey Lance vs. Houston

Taysom Hill vs. Panthers 
If L-Jax or Huntley are active then they are the best choice...failing that its a hail mary with Big Ben.

Starting C.Patterson in a Flex, his recent usage and lack of points is concerning but he got me here so for now I have him in there. Talk me down off the ledge of taking him out - my other options are:

I'm starting Rojo, Gibson, AJ Brown, Diggs, Andrews so just need that last spot. 

Of course it may all be for naught if I have to start T.Lawrence again at QB if L-Jax or Huntley don't play. 
If Conner practices in full, he feels the safest. Otherwise, you can probably just leave Patterson in there.

0.5 ppr

I have to bench one

I'm worried about Vaugh eating into RoJo's #s.  Arians just referred to him as a "lead back".  I think your choice is between RoJo & Higgins. You don't get a better matchup for a RB than the Jets and Higgins has monster potential obviously but he can also finish a game with only 3 targets like he did in week 15 against Denver.

It's tough but I bench Higgins.

PPR Sit one:

D Montgomery v NYG

A Brown @ NYJ

T Higgins v KC

currently ~ 17 PT favorite in final matchup 

Lamar/Huntley vs. Rams 

Big Ben vs. Cleveland 

Trey Lance vs. Houston

Taysom Hill vs. Panthers 
Huntley/Lamar>>Hill>coin toss probably Lance>Big Ben

Baltimore is your best offense and those two QBs are your most proven options.  I might be able to make an argument for Taysom but I wouldn't play him over Baltimore QB myself.

Looking to be King of Consolation 😐

In Standard: Pick 3 of these (leaning Renfrow for one)

D. Parker @ Tenn

V. Jefferson @ Balt

T. McLaurin vs Philly

KJ. Osborn @ GB

B. Scott @ Wash

H. Renfrow @ Indy

Buffalo is a tough as nails matchup for the Falcons who have overachieved all season IMO.  If this is PPR I can see an argument for Barkley but even with the nice matchup and 8 target upside that Giants team looks finished.  In standard league your best bet may be Conner, it sucks to rely on such a TD dependent guy but he has TDs in 10 of 14 games and has 16 total.  I have to imagine he also helped you get to this week.

In PPR I probably stick with Patterson, in a TD league I may pivot to Conner.

0.5 ppr

D Goedert at Was

M Pittman vs LV with Wentz out
Tough, call.  I think I lean towards Pittman because Ehlinger will probably lock into him in the passing game and the Raiders are not a difficult out.  Taylor will probably get 30 opportunities but Pittman should see around 8 targets. 

WFT may have quit and Goedert had a good game against them two weeks ago so maybe that all combines into another nice performance, and starting him certainly wouldn't be wrong, I just find him more difficult to predict and he hasn't caught a TD from Jalen Hurts since week 3.

Pittman>Goedert

Standard scoring non-ppr league questions:

At RB

Gordon vs Penny; Gordon just put up a dud but should do better against the Chargers; Penny ran well against Chicago and now gets DET and has less of a timeshare

At WR

M Brown vs DJ Moore; LJax may be back to throw him the ball; Moore has been getting a ton of targets, but he can't catch overthrown balls

At Defense

SF or BUF; HOU put up pts against the Chargers and now Jimmy may be out keeping this once closer; BUF may be playing this one in the snow which may or may not help the Def

Thoughts?

PPR Sit one:

D Montgomery v NYG

A Brown @ NYJ

T Higgins v KC

currently ~ 17 PT favorite in final matchup 
I think I sit Higgins.  There are too many other options in Cincinnati and he doesn't get to play the terrible Ravens secondary again this week.

Looking to be King of Consolation 😐

In Standard: Pick 3 of these (leaning Renfrow for one)

D. Parker @ Tenn

V. Jefferson @ Balt

T. McLaurin vs Philly

KJ. Osborn @ GB

B. Scott @ Wash

H. Renfrow @ Indy
Renfrow>Jefferson>Osborn (if Thielen is out)/McLaurin (if Thielen plays)>Parker>>Scott

Standard scoring non-ppr league questions:

At RB

Gordon vs Penny; Gordon just put up a dud but should do better against the Chargers; Penny ran well against Chicago and now gets DET and has less of a timeshare

At WR

M Brown vs DJ Moore; LJax may be back to throw him the ball; Moore has been getting a ton of targets, but he can't catch overthrown balls

At Defense

SF or BUF; HOU put up pts against the Chargers and now Jimmy may be out keeping this once closer; BUF may be playing this one in the snow which may or may not help the Def

Thoughts?
I think you roll Penny who has two excellent games in his last three.

Huntley also throws the ball to Brown quite a bit. In a PPR I would play Moore but in standard I shoot for Brown's upside.  Guy salvages a week with one play.

I play BUF>SF ATM may be surging at the right time and they have been a better defense all year.  Besides Houston has been sneaky good on offense.

Standard Scoring - NO PPR

Pick 4 (max 3 RB)

Chubb at Pit

AJones vs MN

Montgomery vs NYG

RJones at NYJ

DJohnson vs Cle

Higgins vs KC

Have Mahomes and Kelce locked in with Tampa D.  Currently have Tucker but switch to Badgely in the Dome but no Wentz has me worried there.

Standard Scoring - NO PPR

Pick 4 (max 3 RB)

Chubb at Pit

AJones vs MN

Montgomery vs NYG

RJones at NYJ

DJohnson vs Cle

Higgins vs KC

Have Mahomes and Kelce locked in with Tampa D.  Currently have Tucker but switch to Badgely in the Dome but no Wentz has me worried there.
I have to believe that Aaron Jones has the best chance of finding the end zone.  After that I think Chubb is the best talent and Montgomery is next with a great matchup against a Giants team that looks to have quit.

Dionte>Higgins far more consistent targets for Johnson.

Pick 1 non ppr

michel at balt

harris vs jax

conner at dal

rojo at jets
I think Michel is in line for the most touches even with Akers back. I am assuming they will ease Akers in and hope he rounds into form for the playoffs.

RoJo is probably the next option IMO with that matchup. I think there is a greater chance Vaughn eats into RoJo's chances over Akers eating into Michel's but 1) that may not happen and 2) that matchup is far too good to ignore

If Rhamondre is out then I bump Harris to the top spot.

Conner is a TD machine but he is probably going to have the fewest opportunities and that team looks to be reeling.

Michel>RoJo>Harris>Conner

For some incredibly stupid reason I am heading to New Orleans tomorrow to spend New Years with family in town from Europe.

I will try to check in but it's gonna get a little crazy so, no promises.

I have to believe that Aaron Jones has the best chance of finding the end zone.  After that I think Chubb is the best talent and Montgomery is next with a great matchup against a Giants team that looks to have quit.

This was my thought as well regarding Johnson. Going what got me here.  Going against Rodgers, Adams and Jefferson in that Sunday night game.  Pray for bad weather and a running game!

For some reason I read D Johnson as in the washed up HOU RB, I agree w Dionte over Higgins.

In the finals after starting 1-5.  .5 ppr / need 2 rbs 2 wrs 1 flex

Chubb, RoJo, Javonte, Jeff Wilson, Eli Mitchell

Tyreek, AJ Brown, St. Brown

Thank you!

A curveball could always come with COVID, but my finals squad looks pretty set with Montgomery and Pittman edging out Carter and Patterson respectively. Nervous about Gesicki in the TE slot, but not going to switch him out for Hunter Henry or the worse.

Start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE

0.5ppr

RB

Sony Michel @ BAL

Javonte Williams @ LAC 

Justin Jackson vs DEN

Cordarelle Patterson @ BUF

WR

AJ Brown vs MIA

Michael Pittman vs LV

Amon-Ra St. Brown @ SEA

DJ Moore @ NO

TE

Darren Waller @ IND

Foster Moreau @ IND

Geral Everett vs DET

Bolded players indicate who I have in the lineup right now (no decision on TE). Would love a second set of eyes. Thx!

0.5 ppr

I have to bench one

Bench Rojo, it's not even close IMHO, next would be Harris since the Steelers are the stinks.

Higgins is on a tear and they are playing for the Division, Waddle has 137/TD, 90, 92/TD his last 3 games and their primary weapon. Titans soft in Secondary as well. 

Good Luck

Tee Higgins

Since Week 12...

In 4 of the last 5 games he has racked up 550+ yds and 4 TDs

And people want to bench him against the KC Chiefs? A team they are likely to get into a track meet with...

Find the list of WRs that are hotter than Higgins right now in the last 5 weeks? 

Higgins has skills, he's not just parading around in Chase's shadows but there's not enough good DBs for most teams to cover ALL the Cinci WRs. You roll coverage to Higgins then Chase will burn you and showed that early in the season and now teams have adjusted and roll their coverage over top of Chase, that leaves big plays for a very talented WR coming out of college last year and showed why until Burrow had his season cut short. 

Start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE

0.5ppr

RB

Sony Michel @ BAL

Javonte Williams @ LAC 

Justin Jackson vs DEN

WR

AJ Brown vs MIA

Michael Pittman vs LV

Amon-Ra St. Brown @ SEA

DJ Moore @ NO

TE

Darren Waller @ IND

Foster Moreau @ IND

Geral Everett vs DET

Bolded players indicate who I have in the lineup right now (no decision on TE). Would love a second set of eyes. Thx!

Agree with your RBs/WRs.  I also have Waller and see him as a must start if he's back.

For some incredibly stupid reason I am heading to New Orleans tomorrow to spend New Years with family in town from Europe.

I will try to check in but it's gonna get a little crazy so, no promises.
You're connecting with your family and mine is pushing off around Noon today(Xmas rocked), seems like a perfect time for MoP to jump in as a guest host for part of this week. 

Cheers Chaka,, don't worry we'll hold the fort down. 

Championship Game starter:

• Fields v NYG
  • Taysom v CAR
  • Tua @ Ten
ETA:

Looking for the best floor; stacked team & heavy favorite. 4 point passing TD.

Usually like to answer not ask in this thread but am interested in thoughts on this one...Evans and Mike Williams are out so gotta pick between:

Elijah Moore-no clue if he will be ready to go

Claypool-I just don't trust him or Big Ben

Toney-not sure why but I have a gut feeling he will have a long one this week

Lazard-Minny's pass D is subpar but something about starting him in a championship game just doesn't feel right 

Bateman-his floor scares me

Rondale Moore-no chance

Tee Higgins

Since Week 12...

In 4 of the last 5 games he has racked up 550+ yds and 4 TDs

And people want to bench him against the KC Chiefs? A team they are likely to get into a track meet with...

Find the list of WRs that are hotter than Higgins right now in the last 5 weeks? 

Higgins has skills, he's not just parading around in Chase's shadows but there's not enough good DBs for most teams to cover ALL the Cinci WRs. You roll coverage to Higgins then Chase will burn you and showed that early in the season and now teams have adjusted and roll their coverage over top of Chase, that leaves big plays for a very talented WR coming out of college last year and showed why until Burrow had his season cut short. 
I don't see that game as a track meet. I expect a good defensive game from both teams.

Usually like to answer not ask in this thread but am interested in thoughts on this one...Evans and Mike Williams are out so gotta pick between:

Elijah Moore-no clue if he will be ready to go

Claypool-I just don't trust him or Big Ben

Toney-not sure why but I have a gut feeling he will have a long one this week

Lazard-Minny's pass D is subpar but something about starting him in a championship game just doesn't feel right 

Bateman-his floor scares me

Rondale Moore-no chance
Gotta go Elijah Moore if he plays. Should be tons of passing. If not then Claypool.

Gotta go Elijah Moore if he plays. Should be tons of passing. If not then Claypool.

I am really hoping he is ready to go, just nervous between the injury and the Covid he won't be...I have played Claypool the last two weeks and he has done absolutely nothing...he almost cost me in the quarter-finals...not sure I can travel that path again.

Not so much a WDIS as who do I pick up?

Both Amari Cooper and AJ Brown were dropped and I have top 2 waiver so trying to determine who would be best to prioritize to pick up for this week as a one week play?

Cooper vs Arizona or Brown vs Miami? Standard scoring if that makes a difference, thanks

In the finals after starting 1-5.  .5 ppr / need 2 rbs 2 wrs 1 flex

Chubb, RoJo, Javonte, Jeff Wilson, Eli Mitchell

Tyreek, AJ Brown, St. Brown

Thank you!
Chubb & RoJo are probably the right calls. Eli could certainly be a bell cow considering that is how Shanahan has used him when healthy and I certainly would not use Wilson if Mitchell is active.

I live what St Brown has been doing but how can you bench AJ after last week? He is simply too good of a talent and I roll the dice with talent.

For flex I probably lean Eli if active then St Brown is probably a great floor option with good upside.

A curveball could always come with COVID, but my finals squad looks pretty set with Montgomery and Pittman edging out Carter and Patterson respectively. Nervous about Gesicki in the TE slot, but not going to switch him out for Hunter Henry or the worse.
I would at least consider Hunter Henry. He finds the end zone a lot and Gesicki has plenty of competition for touches.

Users who are viewing this thread