What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Need to sit one of these guys.. Non-ppr... bonus for TD's over 50 yards

Javonte Williams

Ronald Jones

Keenan Allen

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an embarrassment of riches at WR, but still  would appreciate which of these 4 should be on the bench (I can only start 3)

- Antonio Brown

- AJ Brown

- Diggs

- Deebo

Thanks

Bench two in .5ppr

Davante adams freezing cold, will they really need to throw?  Then again, Rodgers is going for the MVP 

Tyreek hill total disappointment last week after return from covid, but looks like a shootout vs Cincinnati 

Damien harris questionable all week and has rhamondre coming back, but coming off monster game and plays jaguars

Rashad penny playing in the rain at home vs Detroit and has been red hot recently 

Sony Michel hot hand recently playing Baltimore

Josh Jacobs the guy i drafted highest among these rbs but probably fourth of the four 
I'd bench Penny and Harris but jeez this one is tuff to be confident

I have an embarrassment of riches at WR, but still  would appreciate which of these 4 should be on the bench (I can only start 3)

- Antonio Brown

- AJ Brown

- Diggs

- Deebo

Thanks
Antonio, least likely to score 20+ fantasy points the other three do that a bunch 

Flex one:  Hollywood Brown, Rex Burkhead, or Dalton Schultz (1.5 ppr).

Leaning into Sexy Rexy for the time being.

.5 ppr for WR&RB / 1ppr for TE

start 3 of these 5 at my 3 flex spots:

Beckham at BAL

Frieirmuth vs CLE

Howard @ WAS

Ogunbawale @ NE

Foreman vs MIA

in pot prolly Beckham ogun and foreman 
Thanks mate, currently what I have submitted ... I like Howard but the threat of an early exit due to reinjury has me worried

Bench one. Full ppr across the board. 

Aaron Jones, Mixon, Kamara, kelce, Kittle, Andrews… so much fun 🤩 lol

right now I have Kamara on the bench yeeesh

Waddle at Ten with rain/snow possible

Edmonds at Dall

I had waddle in but sounds like Connor is not going to play

Isn't this the week last year that Kamara dropped 40+ fantasy points lol?
I know lol. I’ve been going back n forth with and Kittle all week. 9ers def have the better matchup albeit without jimmy g. Carolina seems to be pretty good against the run. Idk what to do lol

Standard non-ppr league.

Just need 1 out of these 3:

M. Brown vs LAR - Active but has been awful the last 4 weeks and has been sick this week and get's Ramsey

DJ Moore vs NO - Lot's of targets but not much quality; Should get Darnold back but also Latimore on defense

Mooney vs NYG - Bad QB play has hurt him lately; snow game; has only been putting up garbage time yardage

TartanLion said:
Asked a good few pages back and no one replied so will try again !

non ppr …

Elliot v ARI and R Jones @ NYJ in at two RB spots 

Deebo v HOU at WR 

AJ Brown v MIA or Chase v KAN at the WR2 spot ??----------AJ Brown

whichever one of those misses out would you take over ..

Penny v DET at flex ???------------I'd go Penny over Chase (lots of mouths to feed in Cincy and Penny has a nice matchup.

TartanLion said:

PPR league.

Cordarrelle Patterson (@BUF) or DJ Moore (@NO).

I obviously dislike the QB situation for CAR but Patterson hasn't been getting much workload and has been ineffective.  At least DJM is getting the targets, albeit very inaccurate targets.

Which 2 to start out of

Justin Jefferson with #3 backup QB getting killed in the frozen Tundra of GB

Higgins in a potential shootout vs KC

or

Lockett

Thanks.

- Antonio Brown

- AJ Brown

- Diggs

- Deebo

Thanks
AB's ankle could be an issue...he's the odd man out for me.

Please see mine.

Start 2 out of

1. Kamara in a must win game

Sony Michel

Ronald Jones

Michael Carter

2. I can start the leftover in my Flex over Lockett/Jefferson or Higgins

Start 2 out of

1. Kamara in a must win game

Sony Michel

Ronald Jones

Michael Carter

2. I can start the leftover in my Flex over Lockett/Jefferson or Higgins

Whoops. I didn't see the Kamara there. 

Go with Kamara and Michel because of volume alone. Toss-up between Higgins and Jones. Depends on if PPR. If PPR, Higgins. If classic, Jones. 

Start two out of four in full PPR:

Najee Harris 

Sony Michel 

Dalvin Cook 

Elijah Mitchell 

This is harder than it looks, or I'm making it harder than it looks. 

Bolded are my choices. My reasoning? Michel looks to get massive volume, Jones over Carter because the Jets are a historically bad run defense giving up points to opposing RBs. Only thing to worry about is Vaughn taking touches there. 

Went with Higgins over Carter because Tampa has a very good run defense, the Jets stink on offense, and Higgins has been a bit of a monster lately. 
So you sit Kamara?

I convinced myself into starting Patterson. I think at least one of Boston, J Wilson, or Howard will outscore him but...which one? Boston's workload depends on Howard's health and Wilson's workload depends on Mitchell's health. Short of an injury their reasonable high end is a dozen or so touches and all of them could very easily end up with just a handful. I don't think it's likely Patterson sees less than 12-15 touches and in our game volume is king. They're just 4 point home dogs, Ron Rivera isn't the type to have his players quit on him, and I think he'll be patient with his run game to minimize Heineke's exposure so I don't think a quick hook is on the table either.

This is a mistake.

But keep an eye on it if you have him
Unless your alternatives are dire straits in late games I wouldn't keep tabs on Conner. His practice participation this week wasn't tangibly different than last week, the reports out of AZ are much more pessimistic than a week ago, and he has a history of not playing well hurt. 

I convinced myself into starting Patterson. I think at least one of Boston, J Wilson, or Howard will outscore him but...which one? Boston's workload depends on Howard's health and Wilson's workload depends on Mitchell's health. Short of an injury their reasonable high end is a dozen or so touches and all of them could very easily end up with just a handful. I don't think it's likely Patterson sees less than 12-15 touches and in our game volume is king. They're just 4 point home dogs, Ron Rivera isn't the type to have his players quit on him, and I think he'll be patient with his run game to minimize Heineke's exposure so I don't think a quick hook is on the table either.

This is a mistake.
I'd just ride the C-Patt Train. I'm rolling with him as well. Hoping for a TD maybe a few checkdown Passes. 

1.Who do I slot into my 2 WR spots? Justin Jefferson in a bad matchup, Higgins in a potential shootout with other mouths to feed, Lockett

2. Then, who do I Flex: ??  out of Ronald Jones, Michael Carter and the leftover receiver from above?

Thanks guys!

1.Who do I slot into my 2 WR spots? Justin Jefferson in a bad matchup, Higgins in a potential shootout with other mouths to feed, Lockett

2. Then, who do I Flex: ??  out of Ronald Jones, Michael Carter and the leftover receiver from above?

Thanks guys!
Jefferson and Higgins

Ronald Jones

good luck!! 

I'd just ride the C-Patt Train. I'm rolling with him as well. Hoping for a TD maybe a few checkdown Passes. 
Sorry - other Patterson. Unconfidently starting that Patterson in a different league, but have extremely low expectations. I think the Bills win easy.

Users who are viewing this thread