What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

The Boston Herald reports Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) is expected to miss Week 3, and could be sidelined up to six weeks.
Garoppolo is still undergoing more tests, but it's safe to say he's going to miss the final two games of Tom Brady's suspension. Jacoby Brissett will start against the Texans and Bills. Garoppolo is safe to drop in all formats.

Related: Jacoby Brissett

Source: Jeff Howe on Twitter

Rawls wasn't back in Football shape. I was surprised the coaches wanted to make him the starter so quickly. He looked like crap last week and this week. I blame the coaches rushing Rawls back, It was obvious he wasn't the same runner as before his injury. Not sure why they were in such a rush when CMike was running well. I hope CMike explodes in the 2nd half. Wood head would be a huge blow for Rivers,after losing Allen last week. 

Any preliminary reports on the injury/severity/time-out-of-action for:

1. Thomas Rawls
  2. Jonathon Stewart
Coach Ron Rivera said "there's a little concern" over Jonathan Stewart (hamstring, ankle).
Stewart left Sunday's game in the first quarter and didn't return. He's dealing with multiple injuries, putting his Week 3 status in doubt. The Panthers are expected to activate Cameron Artis-Payne if Stewart misses time, but Fozzy's Whittaker strong showing off the bench makes him the favorite to start. There should be an update on Stewart no later than Monday.

Source: Max Henson on Twitter 
Sep 18 - 6:35 PM

Jax  lineman Beachum was the one carted off.  And Lockett just fielded a punt and caught a long pass.  He passed his injury to the DB he burned on the play, it looks.

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Browns are "bracing themselves for possible bad news" on Josh McCown's shoulder injury.
Get ready for the Cody Kessler show. McCown exited Sunday's game twice with injuries, and it sounds like the Browns are worried a forthcoming MRI may show the injury is significant. Kessler starting would be a huge downgrade to all Cleveland skill-position players. Robert Griffin III is on injured reserve.

Source: Mike Silver on Twitter

Just heard that the Browns are bracing for bad news on McCown.   As a Gordon owner--that might just be the cherry on a poop sundae for me this week.  

Bradford hurt his non throwing hand and went to the locker room and then returned to the sideline.  He's back in on the next series.

They just had 2 dudes carry him to the locker room. That's not good. No weight on it at all.

not celebrating an injury, but I'm not unhappy about having McKinnon on my bench since I lost woodhead today. 

Damn. Sucks for people who drafted him high, sucks for MIN that has...what now on offense...sucks for the 31 year old guy who might have...who knows what after this for a career if it is as it seems

Damn. Sucks for people who drafted him high, sucks for MIN that has...what now on offense...sucks for the 31 year old guy who might have...who knows what after this for a career if it is as it seems
Too early to speculate but if it's serious I can't imagine him coming back.

meanwhile MIN has Diggs/Bradford and McKinnon can carry the mail - probably mix in some Matt Aista? 

Roto world calling it an ankle but the trainers were checking his knee extensively according to the SNF crew...

rian Peterson was forced from Sunday night's Week 2 game against the Packers with a right ankle injury.

He was holding his lower leg.  Got kicked HARD in the shin, then had the back of the calf rolled up on by the tackler.  I'm thinking (in my informed but less than medical certification knowledge) that it may be a broken bone in the lower leg.  Tibia, fibula or both.  Hoping the best, but the guy would be the type to walk off the field on a broken bone.

ETA, with the rolled on leg, could have sprained the ACL.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was holding his lower leg.  Got kicked HARD in the shin, then had the back of the calf rolled up on by the tackler.  I'm thinking (in my informed but less than medical certification knowledge) that it may be a broken bone in the lower leg.  Tibia, fibula or both.  Hoping the best, but the guy would be the type to walk off the field on a broken bone.

ETA, with the rolled on leg, could have sprained the ACL.
I would think that if they thought it was a broken bone that they would have put on an air cast before hauling him away.

I would think that if they thought it was a broken bone that they would have put on an air cast before hauling him away.
Yeah - on the sideline the trainers were doing extensive mobility testing on the knee. Then sent him to the locker room. 

In the slow motion replays it looked pretty bad to me - didn't look like an ankle or broken bone - they'd have air casted a break IMO.

I'm not a doctor, but it appeared his knee was forced in an unnatural angle - and that was it. No weight on it, trainers went to work; then locker room. 

Sad day for vikings fans and for the NFL. hopefully I'm wrong and it's not as serious as it looks. 

Just accept that AP is done, it did not look good.

Is there any word on Danny Woodhead?  There has been silence on this one, and it didn't look good either.

TZM

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc  5h5 hours ago
The big worry on #AdrianPeterson is not the locked knee but why the meniscus may be flipped. High association with ACL. Hope not.

Bigger worry with #AdrianPeterson is 1st step not last one with ankle pinned. Hope ACL spared & just meniscus.

David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Ben Goessling

When meniscus flipped/bucketed, sometimes hard to tell if ACL torn as Lachman exam inhibited by cartilage blocking.

@AdamSchefter: Mike Zimmer said Adrian Peterson would have MRI today, but injury may not be as bad as first feared: "Whatever it was, it calmed down now."

The big worry on #AdrianPeterson is not the locked knee but why the meniscus may be flipped. High association with ACL. Hope not.
Bigger worry with #AdrianPeterson is 1st step not last one with ankle pinned. Hope ACL spared & just meniscus.

David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Ben Goessling
When meniscus flipped/bucketed, sometimes hard to tell if ACL torn as Lachman exam inhibited by cartilage blocking.
I had a bucket tear once.  It's where the meniscus flips in half (looks like a bucket) and you can't straighten the leg or put any pressure on it.  They'll either repair it or partially remove it depending on the severity.  Recovery time could take up to 6 weeks as long as there's no ligament damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread