What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 waiver wire pickups (1 Viewer)

I picked up Nelson just before waivers closed mostly due to the emerging wide receiver thread. I didn't start him but after 14 catches in two games and god knows how many targets, I won't be making that mistake again.

Decker making a push...Trying to decide between Decker & D. Nelson
But does Decker have this game if Lloyd was healthy?
of course not . . .but so what??
I would just temper my expectations. Still a decent pickup.
From what I've read he has all the physical tools. Now he has the opportunity and QB's attention. I didn't see the game. Would love to hear how he looked. What more could you ask for out of a WW pickup?

So far no one worth burning a #1 with. Jones/McClain are the hot pick because it's an automatic starting RB. However, the way the Chiefs are looking, even someone as talented as Charles was not going to reach his potential. Someone less talented like Jones or McClain is only worth a pickup if you have no other starting RBs.

So far no one worth burning a #1 with. Jones/McClain are the hot pick because it's an automatic starting RB. However, the way the Chiefs are looking, even someone as talented as Charles was not going to reach his potential. Someone less talented like Jones or McClain is only worth a pickup if you have no other starting RBs.
excellent post . . .

Deion Branch? He might be the 4th option on the Patriots, but when Brady is putting up 400 a week-- that's a nice slice still..

McCluster will be the guy to own in PPR.Looks like the Chiefs will be playing from behind a lot, he's got skills and the other two are just plodders.

From what I've read he has all the physical tools. Now he has the opportunity and QB's attention. I didn't see the game. Would love to hear how he looked. What more could you ask for out of a WW pickup?
honestly looked awesome, big strong good hands. kind of reminded me of TO except he was white lol

:goodposting: He's got amazing fundamentals, but needed to get a foot in the door. Get in while you can.

:goodposting: He's got amazing fundamentals, but needed to get a foot in the door. Get in while you can.
Debate last week was J. ford, d. moore, decker or d. nelson last week. Think a lot of owners are happy today.

McCluster will be the guy to own in PPR.Looks like the Chiefs will be playing from behind a lot, he's got skills and the other two are just plodders.
Agree - in PPR McCluster is the best of the 3, but I think even McCluster's value is limited. If your in a real pinch for RBs, pick up someone from here. He is Charles lite. In this situation, it's not like you are picking up the backup RB for a high power offense that will get the opportunities to score. I still believe there is no stand out this week that is worth burning a high waiver wire pick.

I watched a good bit of the Bucs/Vikings game. Bucs WR Preston Parker stood out and brought home 6/98 and was constantly involved as the possession receiver.

i picked him up last week but david nelson
of course you did
:confused: there was anhuge thread here on emerging wrs where everyone was talking him up. i had a free spot and grabbed him on saturday. of course didnt start him
And the bad thing is that I was the one primarily talking him up and I didn't even grab him! Once Stevie Johnson was healthy I figured I could wait another week to see if andre Roberts or Little were more drop worthy... Guess that backfired! Nelson doesn't probably get a few of those last catches and TD if Johnson didn't come up lame but Nelson's stats have been quietly building to this mini breakout. If you're comparing guys like Nelson, Decker or D Moore I think Buffalo can support two WRs more than the other two offenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
moore and nelson are both not available in my league butnfor in leagues they are available id rank them: moore, nelson, decker

moore and nelson are both not available in my league butnfor in leagues they are available id rank them: moore, nelson, decker
yeah, out of these 3 I think there's a very good chance 1 becomes a dependable flex option. hard to say which though. I might favor Nelson to Moore at this point.

Steve Smith (Phi) just caught his first couple passes - from the slot, natch.

If you're in a PPR, you might want to pay attention to who their next game is against.

HINT: They'll be coming off a short week, and Smith has a friggin' boulder size chip on his shoulder.

Being a Raider fan I'd love to see it but I just do not believe that this offense/Jason Campbell can support more than 1 good WR. At this point Ford is going to get the most looks but even with this outing I'd be willing to be DHB still starts if healthy next week.*Note: I'm also the dumb ### that dropped Moore the day before the news came out about DHB's knee!

Time to throw Murray on the list and bring back Choice? Perhaps Salas or DX if he plays depending on MNF, probably Kendricks though.

'Kenny Powers said:
'shadyridr said:
yeah, out of these 3 I think there's a very good chance 1 becomes a dependable flex option. hard to say which though. I might favor Nelson to Moore at this point.
I'd probably rank Decker first with the Royal injury looking serious. The man just catches everything his way

How about.....

Brandon LaFell

or

Keiland Williams

And who saw Titus Young? How'd he look. I was checking the DET game a little but didn't see him.

How about.....Brandon LaFellorKeiland Williams And who saw Titus Young? How'd he look. I was checking the DET game a little but didn't see him.
Young looked good and was on the field a lot. Keiland looks like he has overtaken Harrison as the handcuff to Best.

Users who are viewing this thread