What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 Waiver Wire (3 Viewers)

The drops and the poor route by Ginn were not good. That doesn't fly. Ironically Coleman has had problems with drops in the past but Sunday I thought he looked like a mature receiver. They need a serious no. 2 threat to emerge.
I thought the same thing about Coleman compared to how he looked 2-3 years ago..I think people are missing the boat on him,bc of Snead coming back..This is one offense I'm willin to take a chance on a guy like Coleman and the end of my bench to see how things shape up after last week. If Thomas ever got hurt or Ginn continues to not play well,Coleman could be a nice WR 3 the rest of the season. I'm adding him to my teams that need WR help or ones I have deep benches. If he has another good week this week,good luck trying to get him next week. 

So.....I own McCaffrey, Crowell, Carson , Rawls, Doug Martin, Burkhead and Lewis in a ppr. Needless to say I'm not thrilled.

Bidding on Mixon tonight. Can't figure out what % of bid pts to put out there. Sigh....anyone?
Am I crazy to bid enough to ensure I get Mixon? 

I'm confident with my wrs and tes for the season

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know how much you have in the bank for FAAB , but with the horrible start he's had, you might be ok with 20% as a max. I got Tarik Cohen with a hair above that percentage in my league, then again this is our first time in 25 yrs of existance that's we're using a bid system on players. 2 weeks in it looks like my leaguemates are bidding conservative. Know your fellow owners.

I'm suggesting 20% since Mixon got a lot of buzz in the offseason, and to those who paid attention, it was predicted it would be a mess of a situation in the early going of the season. Mixon would be more about what he is capable of in the 2nd half of the season.

I don't know how much you have in the bank for FAAB , but with the horrible start he's had, you might be ok with 20% as a max. I got Tarik Cohen with a hair above that percentage in my league, then again this is our first time in 25 yrs of existance that's we're using a bid system on players. 2 weeks in it looks like my leaguemates are bidding conservative. Know your fellow owners.

I'm suggesting 20% since Mixon got a lot of buzz in the offseason, and to those who paid attention, it was predicted it would be a mess of a situation in the early going of the season. Mixon would be more about what he is capable of in the 2nd half of the season.
I have a bid of 30% in now but idk

Fwiw Cohen went for 64% in this league ?

did you just quote yourself? LOL..

how do you have so many RBs? must be a small league, I'm thinking 4-6 teams? just kidding with ya..

I wouldnt break the bank for Mixon, even under the BEST of circumstances he was NOT going to be much of a force this year. too many people got caught up in the hype with this guy.

Cincy's offense is a disaster now, and wont get any better under Lazor, a cast-off coach..I think you can find guys on the wire that are WAY better than Mixon..

did you just quote yourself? LOL..

how do you have so many RBs? must be a small league, I'm thinking 4-6 teams? just kidding with ya..

I wouldnt break the bank for Mixon, even under the BEST of circumstances he was NOT going to be much of a force this year. too many people got caught up in the hype with this guy.

Cincy's offense is a disaster now, and wont get any better under Lazor, a cast-off coach..I think you can find guys on the wire that are WAY better than Mixon..
:lol:

12 team ppr, keep 1 player drafted after Rd 3 the previous yr (Crowell for a 7).

I always end up hoarding rbs, the last few yrs I seem to be missing on most all of them for whatever reasons

Anyway, I'm sure I overbid but landed Mixon this morning. Here's to hoping Hill gets phased out of the offense by Lazor

Eta: I got out of the NE RB business in the process, dropped Burkhead for Mixon, Lewis for Eli to put on the end of my bench to see if he can turn it around

So when they are in the 2 yard line they are going to hand it to notorious goal line vulture Darren Sproles?

Preseason but you can see the red zone chops

Power

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000831212/Corey-Clement-rushes-for-6-yard-TD

Vision

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000834261/Corey-Clement-rushes-for-a-3-yard-TD
If you want to start an eagles RB in hopes of a short score, go for it.

I'm a Badgers homer so I saw Clement throughout college. There have been several RBs come through here that were more talented, and most never did anything in the NFL. The fact that Clement went undrafted did not surprise me.

Bottom line, I'd look elsewhere for a lotto ticket.

Tedious WR4/5 stuff here....

This look about right?

1. J.J. Nelson
  2. Jermaine Kearse
  3. Mohamed Sanu
  4. Rashard Higgins 
  5. Tyler Lockett
I laid out my thoughts on Nelson v. Kearse v. Higgins upthread. Sanu is the 2nd WR in Atlanta, thought it's questionable how meaningful that is, and I don't really trust the Seattle passing game and Lockett in particular - he's teased before. We do get 0.025 pts per return yard (1 per 40.)
Do you have Funchess higher than all these guys, or lower? I think I'm rolling with him for awhile. 

Tedious WR4/5 stuff here....

This look about right?

1. J.J. Nelson
  2. Jermaine Kearse
  3. Mohamed Sanu
  4. Rashard Higgins 
  5. Tyler Lockett
I laid out my thoughts on Nelson v. Kearse v. Higgins upthread. Sanu is the 2nd WR in Atlanta, thought it's questionable how meaningful that is, and I don't really trust the Seattle passing game and Lockett in particular - he's teased before. We do get 0.025 pts per return yard (1 per 40.)
Do you have Funchess higher than all these guys, or lower? I think I'm rolling with him for awhile. 
Well, he is a starter, he’s tall, and Olsen is out. May I ask if you’ve watched him play? I saw him a lot in college and a fair amount as a pro. In my rankings he’s a WR5 whereas all those guys (IMO) are WR4s. But I don’t think the gap is large.

If you want to start an eagles RB in hopes of a short score, go for it.

I'm a Badgers homer so I saw Clement throughout college. There have been several RBs come through here that were more talented, and most never did anything in the NFL. The fact that Clement went undrafted did not surprise me.

Bottom line, I'd look elsewhere for a lotto ticket.
Opportunity is everything in the NFL. Some players don't look great in college and can still be serviceable in the NFL. I'm interested to see if he gets a shot. The guys infront of him don't look great.

Opportunity is everything in the NFL. Some players don't look great in college and can still be serviceable in the NFL. I'm interested to see if he gets a shot. The guys infront of him don't look great.
The opportunity with the Eagles, with Sproles healthy, ain't great imo.

Why do I have a feeling that carcas Wheaton is going to be a hot waiver wire ad for week four? Something tells me that Glennan is going to take a few deep shots to him and he will come out with 80 or 90 yards and a touchdown.

Why do I have a feeling that carcas Wheaton is going to be a hot waiver wire ad for week four? Something tells me that Glennan is going to take a few deep shots to him and he will come out with 80 or 90 yards and a touchdown.
I've been thinking about this. The Bears *need* a downfield receiver. I'm guessing 3 wide is Wright Thompson & Wheaton (or Wheaton is WR2, not sure). But we'll see, they have problems.

Picked up JJ for 3% :loco: & plugged him into my Flex

Limited in practice so I need a Contingency Plan - Nelson goes MNF, so that’s in my favor, but probably have to make a gut check Sunday morning. WR6/WR7 are in the IR slots so my only other option is Kupp (e.g., done, so I have no option.) Eifert declared out today so I swapped him with WR7 (C Coleman), dropping him for...

Kearse or Sanu?

tl;dr - I’m 55, thinking of buying a Tesla, & I’m worried about my WR5 on a Friday night instead of making dinner reservations. #midlifecrisis
Geronimo Allison with Cobb ruled out.
:bow:

Full disclosure: I also found a quote from you earlier in the week where you said you didn't know anything about him :lol:

But that was after I looked at game logs last year and saw he had a couple productive games when Cobb was out

Nice dart throw, bruh :thumbup:
Yup, that's all I was basing it off of- and some coachspeak. I'm right like 65% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread