What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 IDP Coaches Corner (1 Viewer)

2 pts tackle1 pts asst1 pts Pass DefendWhich two DBs?Shawnte Spencer vs ChiefsSammy Knight vs 49ersSean Jones vs RaidersThanks.
Between Spencer and Knight for me. Knight was benched for coverage lapses in Week 1 but survived against the Broncos passing game and the Niners don't exactly scare me. DBs have produced reasonably well against KC with Huard in the lineup, so Spencer can probably get a reasonable number of tackles.Despite the risk of benching, I think Knight is the safer play. Spencer is a bit riskier in a league that give 2x tackle for a PD, but he has a potentially high reward. I think the matchup is favorable enough with Spencer to take the risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start 3 DL/LB/DB, 1 DL/LB, 1 DBI have Witherspoon, Suggs, Brackett, M. Brown, and De. SmithThe latter two have not been pulling their weight.Tackle Solo (1)Tackle Assist (.5)Sack (3)Interception (4)Fumble Force (4)Fumble Recovery (4)Touchdown (6)Safety (2)Pass Defended (1)Block Kick (4)With that scoring in place, would you grab any of the following to replace the players above?DB Clements, Archuleta, Dunta Robinson, R. Harper, Whitner, Fak. Brown, Hamlin, Hope, BarrettDL/LB W. Smith, C. Grant, R. Mathis (IND), Rice, D. White, Fujita, Mi. Patterson, Haggans, Denney, Greenwood, Cole
I'd move Mike Brown out for Chris Hope or Archuleta and keep a close eye on Harper and Hamlin. I think Fujita is playing well enough to flip Smith for -- it doesn't look like Danny Clark is going to crack the lineup anytime soon.

Okay I am 0-3 so I will let you guys pick my starting IDPs -

start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and one defensive player from any defensive position. Pts are 1 pt per UT, 2 pts per sack/int/safety, 6 pts per td. DL gets 1 pt per 2 assists as well.

DL - D Howard, Schobel, C. Grant

LB - Peterson, Witherspoon, K Mitchell, D Ryans, L Marshall

DB - Boulware, R Harper, A Bethea, Shaun Williams

I am leaning toward -

Howard, Grant

Peterson, Witherspoon

Bethea, Harper

and Ryans at flex

Think I posted my wdis in the wrong thread -

Who's the better start this week?

Ray Lewis home vs SD - he did very little last week

Gearld Hayes at ATL - they will run a lot and give Hayes many chances

Bonus pts awarded for picks - sacks .....

Please advise - thanks in advance

Okay I am 0-3 so I will let you guys pick my starting IDPs -start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and one defensive player from any defensive position. Pts are 1 pt per UT, 2 pts per sack/int/safety, 6 pts per td. DL gets 1 pt per 2 assists as well.DL - D Howard, Schobel, C. GrantLB - Peterson, Witherspoon, K Mitchell, D Ryans, L MarshallDB - Boulware, R Harper, A Bethea, Shaun WilliamsI am leaning toward -Howard, GrantPeterson, WitherspoonBethea, Harperand Ryans at flex
I agree with your leanings. Not much to add. Nice roster.

Think I posted my wdis in the wrong thread - Who's the better start this week?Ray Lewis home vs SD - he did very little last weekGearld Hayes at ATL - they will run a lot and give Hayes many chancesBonus pts awarded for picks - sacks .....Please advise - thanks in advance
Thanks for reposting here. It's appreciated.I think Lewis is more likely to have a big play this week and should do well in the tackle column. But this is a nice problem to have. No poor option here -- either one of these guys should produce very well for you this week. I might swing for the home run with this one.

Okay I am 0-3 so I will let you guys pick my starting IDPs -start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and one defensive player from any defensive position. Pts are 1 pt per UT, 2 pts per sack/int/safety, 6 pts per td. DL gets 1 pt per 2 assists as well.DL - D Howard, Schobel, C. GrantLB - Peterson, Witherspoon, K Mitchell, D Ryans, L MarshallDB - Boulware, R Harper, A Bethea, Shaun WilliamsI am leaning toward -Howard, GrantPeterson, WitherspoonBethea, Harperand Ryans at flex
Yeah, but unfortunately my team has underproduced - except for Schobel it hasn't been a fault of my defense. I also have Sanders and Kiel (but they are on reserve replaced by Harper and Bethea until they come back).

Okay I am 0-3 so I will let you guys pick my starting IDPs -

start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and one defensive player from any defensive position. Pts are 1 pt per UT, 2 pts per sack/int/safety, 6 pts per td. DL gets 1 pt per 2 assists as well.

DL - D Howard, Schobel, C. Grant

LB - Peterson, Witherspoon, K Mitchell, D Ryans, L Marshall

DB - Boulware, R Harper, A Bethea, Shaun Williams

I am leaning toward -

Howard, Grant

Peterson, Witherspoon

Bethea, Harper

and Ryans at flex
Yeah, but unfortunately my team has underproduced - except for Schobel it hasn't been a fault of my defense. I also have Sanders and Kiel (but they are on reserve replaced by Harper and Bethea until they come back).
Happens.My response to this has been to play in more leagues. Cuts down on the variance. :P

Still plenty of time to go on a long winning streak.

Just a quick question: I need one bye week filler DEF player, so who do you guys think is the better play for just this week: Bethea or Landon Johnson? I like Johnson's matchup against the Patriots as they seem to establish the run and Johnson did well against PIT. However, Bethea was real good last week filling in for injury and should be starting again. What do you guys think? Thanks!

CRH

I agree. Bethea will be a nice play this week, but the planets are aligned for a huge game for Johnson this week. Landon Johnson is going to be busy helping to contain the circle routes to Maroney and the multiple TE sets the Pats will run today. And he's bound to get a few opportunities in pursuit with Caleb Miller getting steamrolled at SLB.

Need to start two DB's:

Rhodes

Boulware

Thomas Davis (listed as LB/DB in Yahoo)

Rhodes is solid, but I'm torn between the other two. Boulware's come up with INT's, but hasn't been in on as many tackles as I would like. Davis seems to be coming on, and the entire ATL LB corps had a monster game vs. NO last week.

Appreciate the feedback.

:banned:

Need to start two DB's:RhodesBoulwareThomas Davis (listed as LB/DB in Yahoo)Rhodes is solid, but I'm torn between the other two. Boulware's come up with INT's, but hasn't been in on as many tackles as I would like. Davis seems to be coming on, and the entire ATL LB corps had a monster game vs. NO last week.Appreciate the feedback. :banned:
I think I'd go with Davis, too. The Bears rushing game hasn't been great and Seattle's rush defense is solid across the front seven. And while Rex Grossman is certainly able to chuck a couple of picks, that's difficult to count on.

I need a huge game, WDIS ?

DQ-Jax at Raiders

Thomas Howard vs. Browns

Napoleon Harris at Bills

Any input will be greatly appreciated

:banned:

2 pts tackle

1 pt assist

4 pts sack

4 pts interception

Im having a tough time on deciding whether to start Nick Barnett or Lemar Marshall at LB this week. Barnett

has not been very consistent and Marshall has actually put up more points. Im worried though that I'll

bench Barnett and he will explode. Whats you opinion?

I need a huge game, WDIS ?DQ-Jax at RaidersThomas Howard vs. BrownsNapoleon Harris at Bills Any input will be greatly appreciated :banned:
Harris. Browns running game is questionable for Howard to pick up tackles and I'm not sure he'll get enough coverage time on Winslow to make up for it. DQJ will need the Raiders to play well enough for both ILBs to get stats. Harris faces a better run game (probably) and has been an active blitzer so far.Also, while I can't see it mattering much this time, but scoring system will be helpful for future requests.

2 pts tackle1 pt assist4 pts sack4 pts interceptionIm having a tough time on deciding whether to start Nick Barnett or Lemar Marshall at LB this week. Barnett has not been very consistent and Marshall has actually put up more points. Im worried though that I'llbench Barnett and he will explode. Whats you opinion?
I think Barnett's a fine play. I may have posted that MLBs have done well against Philly this season and that Barnett has been productive against them in prior meetings. I don't know that Hawk's presence makes a huge difference right now. Still, I think I'd take Marshall, just slightly, against a good rushing attack and a stand-in-the-pocket-until-I-get-hit QB like Leftwich. Marshall will get his points this week. If Barnett outpoints him by a couple points, be happy that you he looks like he'll be a better option going forward.

I need a huge game, WDIS ?DQ-Jax at RaidersThomas Howard vs. BrownsNapoleon Harris at Bills Any input will be greatly appreciated :banned:
Harris. Browns running game is questionable for Howard to pick up tackles and I'm not sure he'll get enough coverage time on Winslow to make up for it. DQJ will need the Raiders to play well enough for both ILBs to get stats. Harris faces a better run game (probably) and has been an active blitzer so far.Also, while I can't see it mattering much this time, but scoring system will be helpful for future requests.
I know, hard to give good advice without the scoring system, but as you point out it doesn't matter much in this case choosing between 3 LB # 4s. Anyway its appreciated and I'm actually going to switch from Howard to Harris :thumbup:

k williams vs bufor tommy harris vs sea5 pts sack and int1pt tackle
Thanks.Seahawks have been pretty soft at guard between Womack and Spencer. Losman is about as attractive as they come for a QB holding the ball too long.I'd go with Harris until Williams proves himself in the boxscore again. Both have multiple sack capability, but until the Vikes get some reasonable pressure from outside, Williams faces too many double teams to be reliable.

Sorry for not appropriately reposting here as I tried to do so last night-

I have KGB, Rice, T Hali and B Berry- should I stay or should I go now with: Geathers, Castillo, J Henderson... others? I like Hali against the 49ers tomorrow, but know that Berry was moved to the other side going up against the LT making his numbers suspect for the year. Any thoughts on Berry, Castillo,

Geathers, etc? I like Castillo just due to the amount of pressure SD gets up front..

Scoring = 8 sack, 2 tackle, etc

Sorry for not appropriately reposting here as I tried to do so last night-I have KGB, Rice, T Hali and B Berry- should I stay or should I go now with: Geathers, Castillo, J Henderson... others? I like Hali against the 49ers tomorrow, but know that Berry was moved to the other side going up against the LT making his numbers suspect for the year. Any thoughts on Berry, Castillo, Geathers, etc? I like Castillo just due to the amount of pressure SD gets up front..Scoring = 8 sack, 2 tackle, etc
Hold.Scoring system skewed toward the sack. You've got four guys with 10 sack potential. I don't think the others you've listed are as likely to get there. Berry should be fine. The RDE gets the LT, but often is on the open side of the field, making TE double teams and RB chip blocks somewhat less common. Castillo is a reasonable option, but I still think I'd keep KGB over him.No worries on the posts. We're still getting used to the change in organization. Glad you were able to get back in time.

I know its a crap shoot, but is today a game when you start Ed Reed?

I have currently starting:

Nick Collins

Roy Williams

Roman Harper

Im thinking this might be a week I have been keeping Reed for.

Any help is appreciated.

tackle = 1pt

assist = 1 pt for every 2

sack = 3

FF = 2

Fumble Rec. = 4

INT = 4

I know its a crap shoot, but is today a game when you start Ed Reed?I have currently starting:Nick CollinsRoy WilliamsRoman HarperIm thinking this might be a week I have been keeping Reed for.Any help is appreciated.tackle = 1ptassist = 1 pt for every 2sack = 3FF = 2Fumble Rec. = 4INT = 4
I have no idea. Seriously. You'd think Marty tries to beat this defense with the rush attack and Gates. And you'd think the Ravens try a similar gameplan against Rivers as they did against Simms. Disguise the rare blitz and mix up some zone coverage. I doubt Reed gets much time covering Gates and there's not much in the way of deep threats for Rivers to target frequently anyhow. But it only takes one big play.As always, it's a gamble. Go with your instinct if it feels right. You'll be triply sorry if you don't and Reed has a huge week. Good luck.

Gerald Hayes v. Lofa Tatupu.I see Hayes is ranked #1 on the cheatsheets but against a scrambling Vick?????
Thanks, OTR. Appreciated.The concern from Norton, I believe, is that Tatupu may not have a bunch of chances against what's been a suspect running game from Chicago and if the Seahawk offense that's been clicking for a couple of weeks runs out to a lead again.I don't know that I'd have Hayes #1 overall, I think Wilson may get most of the added value -- as many teams are using a safety against the option to spy -- but he's still got great value against one of the better rushing attacks in the league.I'm going with Hayes over Tatupu in a couple of leagues, FWIW, but both are solid options.

I know its a crap shoot, but is today a game when you start Ed Reed?I have currently starting:Nick CollinsRoy WilliamsRoman HarperIm thinking this might be a week I have been keeping Reed for.Any help is appreciated.tackle = 1ptassist = 1 pt for every 2sack = 3FF = 2Fumble Rec. = 4INT = 4
I have no idea. Seriously. You'd think Marty tries to beat this defense with the rush attack and Gates. And you'd think the Ravens try a similar gameplan against Rivers as they did against Simms. Disguise the rare blitz and mix up some zone coverage. I doubt Reed gets much time covering Gates and there's not much in the way of deep threats for Rivers to target frequently anyhow. But it only takes one big play.As always, it's a gamble. Go with your instinct if it feels right. You'll be triply sorry if you don't and Reed has a huge week. Good luck.
LOL, expert my ###... ;) I hear exactly what you are sayin. I was tossing around the idea of benching Roy Williams thinking the Titans will have many 3 and outs today, limiting his chances. While SD may move the sticks a little and up Reeds chances. Ive been trying like mad to trade Reed but need him to have a big week or two in a row first. :doh:

I know its a crap shoot, but is today a game when you start Ed Reed?

I have currently starting:

Nick Collins

Roy Williams

Roman Harper

Im thinking this might be a week I have been keeping Reed for.

Any help is appreciated.

tackle = 1pt

assist = 1 pt for every 2

sack = 3

FF = 2

Fumble Rec. = 4

INT = 4
:LOL, expert my ###... ;) I hear exactly what you are sayin. I was tossing around the idea of benching Roy Williams thinking the Titans will have many 3 and outs today, limiting his chances. While SD may move the sticks a little and up Reeds chances. Ive been trying like mad to trade Reed but need him to have a big week or two in a row first.

:doh:
:doh: :doh: Of course I didn't do that! Why on earth would I go with my gut! My gut is always wrong! lol...

Reed is a nightmare to predict. I stick him in and he gets me zeroes. I pull him out and he get a bunch of tackles, a pass defended, and what the hell.... for good measure, just to stick it straight up my poop shoot, a safety.

I may have it figured out though. Against teams that are balanced offensively, and can move the chains fairly well, he will make some plays because they need him to make the plays. Against poor teams it seems that the offense rarely makes it past Suggs/Pryce and Haloti. If they do the LB's scoop it up and put the RB/WR/QB to bed.

I am going to roll with him @ Denver next week and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
:doh: :doh: Of course I didn't do that! Why on earth would I go with my gut! My gut is always wrong! lol... Reed is a nightmare to predict. I stick him in and he gets me zeroes. I pull him out and he get a bunch of tackles, a pass defended, and what the hell.... for good measure, just to stick it straight up my poop shoot, a safety. I may have it figured out though. Against teams that are balanced offensively, and can move the chains fairly well, he will make some plays because they need him to make the plays. Against poor teams it seems that the offense rarely makes it past Suggs/Pryce and Haloti. If they do the LB's scoop it up and put the RB/WR/QB to bed.I am going to roll with him @ Denver next week and see what happens.
My approach with these guys (inconsistent name players like Reed, Morgan, Kerney, Sanders etc) is to try to get them off my roster and let somebody else deal with them.Reed may have enough value to get something reasonable in return for him this week. If you have him, you almost certainly have to start him every week or it just doesn't make sense. He will end up as an above replacement level player every year because of his bigplayability but I've yet to find a reliable pattern to project his stats.

Tough call on determining starters in my IDP redraft league.Can only choose two from each category:D-Line:Will Smith vs CarolinaK. Williams vs. BuffaloJames Hall vs. St LouisI also have Andre Carter but I'm hoping to punt him for Geathers (vs. NE) or Kelsay(Vs. Stl.)Will Smith is IN, I'd prefer Hall but facing Pace has me nervous. So I'm leaning towards Williams.At D-Back:Gibril is on byeMadieu vs. NERoman Harper vs CarolinaSean Jones vs. OaklandIf I decided today it'd be Harper and Madieu. I think the Cleveland secondary may have a pick or two courtesy of Andrew Walter but is it reasonable to expect Oakland's O to be on the field much? Am I giving Cleveland too much respect?
Made a lasst minute switch from Williams to Hall once I saw that Pcae wasn't playing :wall: Hall came within inches of sacking Bulger at least 3 times in the second half yesterday too!At least I switched up on DB and went Sean Jones over Harper! I guess going 50/50 isn't the worst thing!

Users who are viewing this thread