What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 Questions for Bloom (1 Viewer)

Can't make up my mind which QB...

Scoring: 6 pts/any TD; 1 pt/25 yds; -2 pts/INT

Phillip Rivers vs. Browns (massive o-line issue; maybe McCoy runs 35+ times vs bad run D)

Drew Brees vs, Cowboys

I'm in what appears to be a pretty even match-up this week; I am also starting Cooks.

PPR. Start 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 r/w/t flex.

WR: DThomas, OBJ, ACooper, DGB, DParker, NAgholor,

RB: MForte, LMcCoy, AFoster, MIngram, DMartin, DSproles, CMichael

TE: (sigh) MWilliams, AGates

Michael Floyd is sitting on the waiver wire. I am waffling but have pretty much decided to make a claim dropping either DMartin or DSproles.

Which of the 2 would you drop? Or would you not make the waiver claim at all?
i would drop agholor if its not dynasty

I got a few opinions I'm interested in:

Lamar Miller - Is it him, the situation, or a combination of both?

Steve Smith rest of season, WR1/2/3?

Same for Keenan Allen

Calvin Johnson - What do you expect from him for this season? Any chance he just packs it in if the Lions are as bad as they look?

Dion Lewis - PPR RB1 rest of season?
situation

WR2/WR3

WR2

low WR1/high WR2

yes

Roster std scoring non ppr

Start qb, 2rb 3wr te

Cam, kap

Gore, forte, Lewis, Freeman

Julio, OBJ. J brown, torey Smith, Britt

M Bennett

What caliber wr should i expect in a trade if I am trading devonte Freeman? Is moncrief enough to trade Freeman? I personally think Coleman is better back so not sure if I should sell high on Freeman
would want more than moncrief. its freeman's job if he keeps this up. coleman would still get 8-15 touches a game, but freeman's value would be very stable

In one league (nonPPR), I am thin at WR and strong at RB (plus I have Gronk).

I have at RB: Arian Foster, Jeremy Hill, Karlos Williams, Alfred Morris, Matt Jones, Duke Johnson.

At WR: Dez Bryant, John Brown, Stevie Johnson, Vincent Jackson, DeSean Jackson.

1) Should I flip one of my RBs for a WR? What level WR would Karlos or Jones get me?

2) Is there any value to Duke Johnson?
foster for a WR1

jones for a WR3/Flex

johnson in nonPPR is not looking great

10Tm .5 PPR

My lineup for Week 4:

QB- Andrew Luck

QB- Carson Palmer

WR- Demaryius Thomas

WR- Mike Evans

RB- Chris Ivory

RB- Danny Woodhead

TE- Charles Clay

FLEX- Donte Moncrief

FLEX- John Brown

K-

DEF-

B- Dion Lewis, Andre Ellington, Lamar Miller, David Johnson, Christine Michael, Thomas Rawls, Bilal Powell, Ronnie Hillman

Right now planning to cut Hillman and Powell for my K and DEF for the week. But now there's news that Luck's injury is more serious than initially thought and he might not play. If I have to cut a third guy for a desperation QB (Winston, Fitzpatrick, etc.), who do I say goodbye to? Rawls?
david johnson

I own Matt Ryan and T. Taylor. I am currently undefeated and looking to move Taylor for Big Ben, I am just looking ahead to the stretch run, Is this a smart move, considering the offensive juggernaut Pitts offense was before Ben went down?
like it

I got a few opinions I'm interested in:

Lamar Miller - Is it him, the situation, or a combination of both?

Steve Smith rest of season, WR1/2/3?

Same for Keenan Allen

Calvin Johnson - What do you expect from him for this season? Any chance he just packs it in if the Lions are as bad as they look?

Dion Lewis - PPR RB1 rest of season?
Also, Vick looked mediocre - Is this game what we can expect from Brown for the next month?
if he hadnt dropped that TD, we would have been fine w his game

Bloom...love your stuff and what you do on the site.

How do you see the weather for the Phi-Was game effecting Reed's ranking/production?
still top 10 this week in any scenario. would only swap out for another good option, not WW fodder

Hi Sig!

Got a question regarding a trade in a Standard scoring league that starts 2 rb, 2 wr, and 1 flex.

Giving: Frank Gore, Jordan Matthews and James Jones

Getting: Dion Lewis, Calvin Johnson, Marvin Jones

the rest of my rbs are: leveon, woodhead, blount, crowell, powell

the rest of my wrs are: deandre hopkins, stevie johnson, mike wallace
lean the lewis side but its super close. think calvin delta from matthews biggest gap

hey bloom,

was checking out the 10-second primer this week for one of my teams and noticed your rankings had Spiller over Vereen on one of my PPR teams

so you think the Saints will finally take the training wheels off Spiller this week? just interested in any comments you have about these two RBs this week for PPR

thanks!
moved vereen in PPR ahead on the chance he'll get slot snaps too

your cat died

montana_grizzly_bears said:
Need 2 from Chris Ivory, Frank Gore, Devanta Freeman, Ryan Mathews. Standard scoring with bonusesvat 20 carries or 5 recepts. Leaning Gore and Ivory but not sure.
freeman gore

Jeremy said:
Need 1 RB to go with Peterson in non-ppr league

Ivory (early am)

Foster (noon)

Abdullah (MNF)

Foster is supposedly going to be a game time decision, so do I just go with Ivory if he's active or hope that Foster can go knowing I have Abdullah as a fallback option? I should be a solid favorite this week, especially with Antonio Brown only getting my opponent 4 points.
AA

Trohitreddy said:
Is it time yet to drop stevie or spiller in ppr for cmike sig? Also david johnson and matt jones availavlble on the waivers. Add any of those?
would drop spiller for cmike or johnson if he doesnt go off this week

Mavzfan said:
Do you trade for Dez even with Jets Bills week 15/16? give up Stevie/JamesJones, what about giving Nuk?

1PPR
if you're 3-0 i can see dealing for him. not worried about the matchups bc he's your WR2 or 3 if you're trading for him.

Sig

Am fascinated with CMike upside like you. In a standard non-ppr league that starts 2 RB 2 WR and 1 RB/WR/TE Flex Have

Ben, Rivers, Vick

Bell, Gore, David J, Duke, Spiller, Sproles, Abdullah

Cobb, J Brown, Stevie, Decker

Rudolph

Would you drop one this week for CMike?

Or wait and drop Vick next week? Panic move, I just dropped CMike for Vick this week. (This league holds onto QB's with a death grip - 12 team league - 27 Rostered). What you think?

PS Tough loss for your Steelers. Cant be too upset with Tomlin, nice to see a coach with some stones. Scobee wasnt exactly instilling confidence.

Thanks for the help as always

Ron
i would drop duke for him

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sig

Another league. The guy with Calvin is 0-3 and looking for backs. Was sniffing at Foster. I was reluctant and looking to counter. Wondering what your thoughts are. This is 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE Standard Non PPR league. Here's my roster

Rivers

Foster, Gore, Karlos, McCoy, CJA, Duke, CMike

Edelmen, J Brown, Stevie, Decker

Kelce, Reed

Would you do Foster for Calvin? How about McCoy for him? (He actually just proposed that) - I'm 1-2 by the way
hold in nonppr

Would you make any change in the lineups of the teams below (starters in bold)?

Team 1 (12-team non-ppr league, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex)

Le'Veon Bell, Gore vs JAC, Ellington vs STL, Foster @ATL, D Williams

TY Hilton vs JAC, Robinson @IND, Landry vs NYJ, Moncrief vs JAC, Decker @MIA

Team 2 (8-team non-ppr league, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex)

Peterson @DEN, Ingram vs DAL, Randle @NO, Miller vs NYJ, Abdullah @SEA, Yeldon @IND

Demaryius Thomas vs MIN, Fitzgerald vs STL, K Allen vs CLE, Moncrief vs JAC

Team 3 (10-team non-ppr league, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex)

Luck vs JAC, Palmer vs STL

Ivory @MIA, Foster @ATL, Miller vs NYJ, Ellington vs STL, Abdullah @SEA

AJ Green vs KC, Hopkins @ATL, John Brown vs STL, Robinson @IND, Landry vs NYJ

Team 4 (12-team non-ppr league, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 RB/WR, 2 WR/TE)

Gore vs JAC, Stewart @TB, Ellington vs STL

Antonio Brown, John Brown vs STL, Bennett vs OAK, Reed vs PHI

Team 5 (12-team ppr league, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE)

Tannehill vs NYJ, Brees vs DAL

Le'Veon Bell, Hill vs KC, Hyde vs GB, Riddick @SEA, Rawls vs DET, Sims vs CAR, Blue @ATL, Mason @ARI

Robinson @IND, Cooks vs DAL, Jeffery vs OAK, Tate @SEA, Lockett vs DET, Wallace @DEN, Latimer vs MIN

Ebron @SEA, Rodgers vs SF, Walford @CHI

Thanks, Sig!
aa over randle and hill

rawls over hyde

Standard scoring would you drop Hillman or Woodhead to pick up Rawls or Blue? I don't own Lynch or Foster, just looking for a decent 1 week flex play. Also Cam @ Bucs or Palmer v Rams?

Thanks!
hillman

cam - my #2 and #3 QBs this wk

Last edited by a moderator:
Sig,

Full-point PPR.

1) Would you have any problem benching Allen Robinson as a flex for Robocop (now that it looks like he'll play)? I am going against the Andrew Luck owner.

2) I've been streaming QBs to little success. I was just offered Carson from a team that needs WR help. I own ODB, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief and Martavis Bryant. Would you flip a WR for Carson or continue to stream?

Thanks so much. I appreciate the advice!
leave robinson in, dont trust allen in first week back

just as long as its not ODB

Hi Sig,

I am wrestling with some lineup decisions...

Pick 3 RBs: Foster, Gurley, Gordon, Abdullah, Matt Jones

For WRs: do I start Agholor (one last time!) or pick up Allen Hurns, Tedd Ginn, Ty Montgomery, Roddy White, Leonard Hankerson. I'm almost thinking maybe dropping Agholor for Ty Montgomery might make sense.

It's a dynasty league so I'm trying to factor in an eye toward the future and not only win now. Though I want to win! I'm 1-2 so far and likely headed to 1-3 this week.

Thank you!
AA gordon Foster (jones if foster inactive)

drop white for hurns, start hurns

Hey Sig,

Another week another RB question for you.

What is your opinion of Oakland RB Taiwan Jones?

He's listed as the primary backup to Latavius Murray but has an interesting background in that the Raiders switched him to CB and only this year switched him back to RB. In my league he's designated as a CB/RB so if he gets any sort of playing time I could reap a windfall but I am curious what your take is on Tai's RB ability?
very interested in him long term, charles/CJ2k type at EWU, and they like him. wonder if reece wouldnt get first call if murray goes down tho

10 team PPR, would you trade TY and Ellington for Mike Evans? I have ABrown, Landry, DGB, Start 2WR, 1 flex

12 team PPR auction, start 3 WR 1flex. JBrown, Moncrief, Landry, Dez, DGB, Aghloor. Would you package any of the two for Evans? Would you include Dez or hold on to Dez?
i think so if RB is deep

i wouldnt deal 2 of the first 4, but 1 of them and 1 of the last 2. im fine with it being dez

0-3 and need to make a move. 12 team 1 keeper redraft, start 2RB, 2WR, 1 WR/TE flex..

Trying to trade for Foster. Would Gore and Cooks seal the deal?

My other RB are Abdullah, David Johnson and Dion Lewis.

WR are Cobb, Evans, Moncrief.

TE Rudolph/Gates/Walker
sure, but would aim higher at WR if not PPR

Sig - After the Schefter tweet re: Luck's not playing and possible shoulder issues, I made the trade of Luck and Woodhead in exchange for Rivers and Abdullah. Am I crazy? Please opine. I keep hearing you and Waldman in the pre season in my head. And now that Joique Bell may be re injured, I went for it. Thoughts?
i get it. could work ,but not excited about rivers

Thanks in advance for your help.

Standard league. Who do I start? Melvin Gordon vs Cleveland, or Devonta Freeman vs Houston? Have Karlos Williams starting in my other RB spot.

I like Gordon's matchup better, but Freeman seems to be ranked higher.

edit: Just read that the Chargers O-line might be sitting 4 of 5?
freeman. edit is key

Kwai Chang Caine said:
Hi Sig, FFPC league please pick one RB to go with Woodhead: Powell, Hill, Crowell, Martin or Simms.

Flex: either of the remaining RBs or Britt or Fleener?

TIA!
hill

fleener if luck is playing, otherwise powell

USB said:
Hello Sig -- TD-heavy league --

Need to pick one (assuming no Foster) of Crowell, David Johnson, Stewart, M Jones, Rawls. Also need to pick between A Cooper and Mike Evans. And Eli or Wilson.

Thanks!
rawls evans wilson

BobbyLayne said:
Good morning Sig - thanks for your service!

Choose one for the WR/RB Flex in Full PPR (listed in the order I am leaning):

• CJ Spiller v DAL
  • Lance Dunbar @ NO(I think it's between these two)
  • Golden Tate @ SEA
  • Ameer Abdullah @ SEA(normally start them at WR & Flex)
  • Matt Jones v PHI
  • David Johnson v STL(holding)
Thanks in advance.
aa

JIslander said:
Thanks again Sig!

Non PPR

PICK ONE #2 WR behind Julio --Tate @ Seattle; Hankerson vs. Houston; D. Parker vs Jets

PICK ONE # 2 RB behind Latavius-- Hill vs KC; Foster @ Altanta; Woodhead vs Cleve; R. Matthews @ Wash; Rawls, vs Detroit

PICK ONE Flex --- any of the above --

thanks!
tate

hill

rawls

Drunken Sailors said:
Morning Bloom ....

Full PPR - Frank Gore or Karlos WIlliams?

Half PPR - Chris Ivory, DeMarco Murray or Marshawn Lynch? (I have Thomas Rawls as well)

Thanks again!
karlos

rawls

Users who are viewing this thread