What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

Wow, where to begin.

5, yes, 5 points at halftime in one league. 1 point for MoJo, 0 points for Winslow, 1 point for Ocho Stinko, and 2 points for Boldin.

In another league, losing to a lineup of Kerry Collins, Felix Jones, Clinton Portis, Robert Meachem, Roddy White, Kellen Winslow, John Kasay, and Buffalo D.

-9 points from Kurt Warner in another league. Last week, Big Ben got me -5 while Warner scored 15 on my bench. This week I play Warner and look what happens.

3 TDs for Coles and he is on my bench in two leagues.

Also have $50 each on the Cardinals (+2.5) and Niners (+7)

Probably the worst week I can remember in the last few years. I think I'm going to turn the TV and laptop off now...

T Jones will have a great year! After all..........Favre! The big OL improvements! Coles! Cotchery! Stud rook TE! God himself is placing bets on this team! blah etc blah!

I hate that POS.

I dropped Matt Schaub as a backup and picked up J.T. O'Sullivan to back up Carson Palmer. Since Palmer was out today, I had to start O'Sullivan.

I should have kept Schaub. :confused: :confused: :confused: :wall:

Well this week I am killed by byes but have managed to be doing better than 10 other teams. Unfortunately, this does not include my opponent.

I benched Lance Moore in my 2 leagues today at the last second. I really needed him in one as I am up against a strong opponent. Luckily i started Schaub in that league. I am hoping that Moore can have a few good weeks until Colsont comes back. In one league I dropped him last second for Matt Jone, luckily he put up some points though.

I thought I saved my lineup last night. Guess not. Get home from work to check it and my last week lineup is still active so Moss (bye) is in and Muhammad is not. I guess looking on the errr..bright side...I could say that Moss got almost as many FPs this week as he did last week :wall: Oh and, in my other league I had Coles on the bench

Im 3-0 ... playing against the 0-3 team ..... thanks to 3 players (Edge , J-Lewis, and Jennings) scoring their 1st touchdowns all year... i might get the dubious honor of losing to his scrub team...!!

Im 3-0 ... playing against the 0-3 team ..... thanks to 3 players (Edge , J-Lewis, and Jennings) scoring their 1st touchdowns all year... i might get the dubious honor of losing to his scrub team...!!
Similar situation but I ran into the Brett Farve buzz saw today. Needless to say I'm not happy.

EDIT: for some odd reason, this was in a thread meant to discuss Brees' success this year. I guess because I dared to include a rant, it got lumped in here. :rolleyes:

No, not saying he'll toss 50 TDs. But he is just sick so far this year.

I should know, he just single-handedly beat my FF team, the POS :gang1:

Last edited by a moderator:
those are actually good players.next.

No, not saying he'll toss 50 TDs. But he is just sick so far this year.I should know, he just single-handedly beat my FF team, the POS :excited:
Last week I started C.Johnson over MJD. This week I reversed it. Great coaching by me. Also started Holt over Royal, that one is still up for debate but I'd take Royals 10 points over Holt's chances at this point.

Started Griese instead of Schaub

Also started Andre Johnson, can someone tell me how Schaub can go for over 300 and 3 TD's

and AJ get nothing?

I dropped Favre for JTO last week. Still, I'd probably win if Ryan Grant and Jerramy Stevens (who I had to pick up for Shockey) scored just a few points each instead of 0.6 and 0.0. Now I'm going to need Akers to kick four field goals to have a chance.

That garbage-time TD from LT just made me hate fantasy football, along with the human race, even more...

JT O'Sullivan sucks. And so does Reggie Bush. And so do the Raiders. What's with all the disappearing acts?

benched Favre for JT..What a DUMMY!
At least you have Favre on your bench rather than cutting him. What probably pushed me over the top for the loss was Washington playing prevent and letting Romo score easily on the final drive.

Coles on the bench because I was afraid of the weather and FBG's had A Bryant ranked higher. I figured what the heck, it wouldn't be that big of a burn if it happened.

HA.

Coles on the bench because I was afraid of the weather and FBG's had A Bryant ranked higher. I figured what the heck, it wouldn't be that big of a burn if it happened. HA.
I did the same thing with Coles. Picked up A Bryant and played him and Vincent Jackson

In my PPR league Driver was my only really BAD start. Had a few guys that could have done better, but weren't horrible (Holt, Winslow, Kaeding). You'd think that would be nicely offset by Warner, LT, LJ, Boldin, BUF D. Actually it was, I scored 175 where the average weekly score this year has been 126. Unfortunately, my opponant did just as well & needs only 3 pts from Heap tonight to drop me to 1-3 for the year. If he gets 9 from Heap, I will have played the highest scoring team of the week 3/4 times (losing all 3 with the 2nd, 2nd & 3rd highest scores of the week). Ironically, the only game I won I had by far my worst week of the year.

Coles on the bench because I was afraid of the weather and FBG's had A Bryant ranked higher. I figured what the heck, it wouldn't be that big of a burn if it happened. HA.
I did the same thing with Coles. Picked up A Bryant and played him and Vincent Jackson
Make that three of us. I yanked Coles at the last minute in favor of Bryant. Should have known better...Coles > Bryant no matter what the situation.

That garbage-time TD from LT just made me hate fantasy football, along with the human race, even more...
LOL, I've sooo been there before. That one hurt me too, I'm hanging on by a fingernail with Heap vs Steeler D (and we have a big points allowed bonus).Course it didn't help that CJ3, Moore and Walter all had banner days on my bench, while Mularkey decided to have his rookie QB throw 41 times rather than run the league rushing leader.

I am a Bengals fan. Not only do they lose, but they also do their best to make me lose as well. TJ finally scored last week. Why? Cuz I was playing against him. Played against CJ this week, and of course he scored his first TD of the season. I gave Perry a matchup start this week after two promising performances in a row. What does he put up? 1 stinkin point. That was just a bad coaching move. If I start MTurner, I win. And for the 3rd straight season I am leading in points scored against. I must be cursed.

Oh yea, and who I face next week has MBIII facing off against the Bengals. Gee, wonder what will happen there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I followed the FBG cheatsheet that said start Chris Perry over LJ YUCK!!!!!!!!!! :shrug:

I think I will just start my studs and stop trying to be a clever.

Funny thing is I may still win even with that mistake.

However in another league I did sit B. Edwards and played Cotchery :lmao:

Played Coles because I had Plex and Wayne on bye....... clever I was.....

I'm up 3 with Charles Tillman, opponent has David Akers. Akers misses two fg's early, gets a couple extra points. No sweat, Tillman has 3 tackles, I'm up 4 at halftime. 3rd quarter, Tillman gets hurt trying to make a tackle (which he misses), and the Philly dude gets into fg range. Akers drills it, I'm up one. Will Tillman come back, please please please! Tillman's back in! Next play they throw his way, he makes the tackle, then immediately runs off to the sidelines and throws his helmet down! $#&*, Im up 2 points! Akers drills another FG, I loose by 1, turn out the lights, go to bed cry myself to sleep. I hate this game so bad sometimes!

To add insult to injury, I traded for Holt on Friday. Started Holt over Muhamad. Even if I would have started Moose over Walter I would have won.

2nd high score of the week but I lose to top score. So far 1-3, third in points and my opponents have been the 1st, 3rd, 2nd and 1st scores over the first four weeks of the season. It's all the push of a button that randomly spits out the schedule. Why do I even bother with all the prep...

Benched Favre because I read all the BS about how the weather was going to factor into the game...and his gimpy ankle, to start Damon HUard :wall: ...figured he may need to get in a shootout to win.

Lost by 9 points :excited: :homer:

how come NO one at the beginning of the season could figure out Buckhalter was the back up to WB!?!?!!?

And even this week, everyone predicted some carries and catches for Booker.

He looked scared and the Eagles looked scared to give him the ball - no one could see that!?!!?!?

BTW - scored 2nd most pts and lost b/c I had Booker not Bhalter.

&$^#$^&*)(*(%^#

I thought I had a win in the bag, but my opponet had Slaton, Coles, and SJ who all busted their projections by a mile :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread