What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

ESPNews is confirming Deuce is done for the year.

And the mad waiver wire scramble for Aaron Stecker begins.
You mean A Smith.
Depends who you ask.
I believe I'd go with the guy who spelled a healthy D McAllister, and that is Smith.Edited to say -

this form KFFL:

Oct 10 ESPN's John Clayton reports New Orleans Saints RB Antowain Smith will take over as the team's starting running back with RB Deuce McAllister (knee) out for the remainder of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been reported already, and I'm not digging through this whole thread to find out, so sorry if this is a Honda, but I heard on WFAN on my way home from work today that inital reports that Blaylock was done for the year were incorrect and that he could be back in 6 weeks.

Big Ben down with lower left leg.  Batch in.
wow that looked bad.helmet to the knee. bent backwards. classic way to blow out a knee / tear an MCL / ACL.

He may be out for the year.
Backward knee would be a hyperextension, no? Not sure how serious.

updated list...

Thomas Jones RB CHI - right knee(bone bruise)

Julius Jones RB DAL - ankle/leg(X-rays on the ankle were negative)

Najeh Davenport RB GB - fractured ankle(likely out for season)

Roy Williams WR DET - left leg(did not return)

Corey Dillon RB NE - undisclosed injury (status uncertain)

Ovie Mughelli RB BAL - thumb injury

Derrick Mason WR BAL - shoulder stinger

Samari Rolle BAL - tailbone (did not return)

Andre Johnson WR HOU - strained right calf (did not return)

Deuce McAllister RB NO - strained knee

Derrick Blaylock RB NYJ - Broken foot (out for year)

Troy Fleming FB TEN - lower leg injury

Benji Olson G TEN - lower leg injury

Eddie Moore LB MIA - knee injury (MRI monday)

Eddie Jackson CB - hamstring (did not return)

David Boston WR MIA - knee swelling (held out)

Michael Boulware SS SEA - lower back (xrays negative)

Ruben Brown G CHI strained left pectoral muscle

John Tait T CHI sprained ankle(left in walking boot)

Eddie Drummond KR DET hyperextended left knee (out a week)

Jeff Ulbrich LB SF left bicep tear(played thru)

Arnaz Battle WR SF reinjured his strained knee(questionable next week)
I nominate this guy for Rookie of the Year. Great addition to the boards. :thumbup:
if you only knew! :ph34r:
Traitor :cry:

ESPNews is confirming Deuce is done for the year.

And the mad waiver wire scramble for Aaron Stecker begins.
You mean A Smith.
Depends who you ask.
I believe I'd go with the guy who spelled a healthy D McAllister, and that is Smith.Edited to say -

this form KFFL:

Oct 10 ESPN's John Clayton reports New Orleans Saints RB Antowain Smith will take over as the team's starting running back with RB Deuce McAllister (knee) out for the remainder of the season.
Does anyone actually think that Antowain Smith is better than Aaron Stecker? I mean, I know Clayton's report says he's the backup, but is it only b/c Stecker was hurt earlier in the year? Antowain Smith is older than my grandfather, and Aaron Stecker was a stud for much of last year when Deuce went down. What's the consensus here?

press conference at AtlantaFalcons.com, Mora says Hartwell and ?? are likely done "it didn't look good". Who's the other guy? Can't hear it

Been out this afternoon, but here's something I found on TJ: (Part of an ESPN Chat Wrap with PFW)"Thomas Jones' situation has drawn conflicting reports. Being based in Chicago I get to read the two daily papers. The Sun-Times said Jones' injury was minor. The Tribune said the injury was more severe. But here's the real deal. Lovie Smith said today that Jones' knee ligament is partially torn. Smith said Jones is definitely out this week. But his status after that is unknown. Adrian Peterson may get the starting nod over rookie Cedric Benson to replace Jones. That makes no sense to me. Why are the Bears wasting their first-round draft pick? Start Benson, please. "

10/11/2005 Joe Horn, WR (NO) Horn admitted that he could have played in last weekend's loss to the Green Bay Packers, but the Saints did not want to take any chances with him aggravating his strained hamstring any further. The veteran receiver will continue to receive treatment over the next few days, and barring any setbacks, he plans to be in the lineup for Sunday's meeting with the Atlanta Falcons.

Hope this is useful but out of Cowboys camp this morning comes word that Julius Jones has a high ankle sprain (the worst kind) and is questionable for this week against NYG. Tyson Thompson is probably going to be the replacement. I know this info is elsewhere in the forum but it's good to keep it all consolidated under the injury thread as well. High ankle sprains can take guys out for a long time. Tyson Thompson has been getting accolades from the coachs for his performance this past week (20 rushes for 75 yards vs PHI) the guy is the normal return guy so he's quick and fast. I think he'll start this week vs NYG and probably next week @ SEA (according to my gut).

Been out this afternoon, but here's something I found on TJ: (Part of an ESPN Chat Wrap with PFW)

"Thomas Jones' situation has drawn conflicting reports. Being based in Chicago I get to read the two daily papers. The Sun-Times said Jones' injury was minor. The Tribune said the injury was more severe. But here's the real deal. Lovie Smith said today that Jones' knee ligament is partially torn. Smith said Jones is definitely out this week. But his status after that is unknown. Adrian Peterson may get the starting nod over rookie Cedric Benson to replace Jones. That makes no sense to me. Why are the Bears wasting their first-round draft pick? Start Benson, please. "
No, he didn't. There was a thread about this - he was referring to Rueben Brown's, injury, not Thomas Jones, when he referenced the partially torn ligament.

Davis/Foster/GoingsTJ/Benson/PetersonDeuce/Antowain/SteckerGreen/Poopie/FisherTaylor/PearmanJJones/Thompson/Thomas/BarberSo much possible RB turnover in 1 week, my head is spinning

Users who are viewing this thread