What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

LJ or Eli Manning hurt? Or just game situation/score dictating their use?

NFL.com just reported that D. Carr threw a 5-yard TD strike to S. Smith.

J. Charles appears to be getting the carries for KC.

I think the player being discussed in here is Steve Smith, CAR.

I think the player being discussed in here is Steve Smith, CAR.
He was asking about Eli. During the Skins game they said Eli was benched because they are winning.

Seahawks... guy said it fast but it sounded like Deion Branch ankle injury and will not return, but he could have sent Grant. I'll watch for you guys.Edit: Just saw Grant make a tackle so pretty sure Branch is out with the ankle injury.
Can anyone else confirm this or give an update?

Seahawks... guy said it fast but it sounded like Deion Branch ankle injury and will not return, but he could have sent Grant. I'll watch for you guys.Edit: Just saw Grant make a tackle so pretty sure Branch is out with the ankle injury.
Please confirm. Is Deion Branch hurt?

Please confirm. Is Deion Branch hurt?
Yes. From Rotoworld:Deion Branch was declared out of Sunday's game after suffering an injury to his right foot.Branch, who missed a big chunk of time in 2007 due to a foot sprain, was hobbling noticeably after the first-half injury. He had caught three passes for 31 yards before exiting. Bobby Engram has been Seattle's top receiver in the game.

Adrian Wilson just planted Trent Edwards -- got about a 15 yard head start and put his helmet up under Edwards' chin and drove him into the ground. Edwards is still down being looked at by the Bills medical staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edwards being carted to the locker room. Looked pretty glassy-eyed -- one trainer was holding him upright as he rode the cart.

ETA:

First official report from the locker room is a concussion. No word on his likelihood to return.

Champ Bailey just drove Brian Griese into the turf. He hit him under the right shoulder and elbow and drove his left shoulder into the ground. Griese is on the sidelines being looked at by trainers. Jeff Garcia in at QB.

ETA: Announcers just said it is a shoulder injury, Griese questionable to return.

Griese out after taking a hard hit from Bailey. Shoulder; return is questionable per Fox.

Garcia is in.

Trainers working on Eddie Royal's ankle on the sideline. Hurt on a punt return.

Eddie Royal injured his left ankle on a punt return and had to be helped off the field. He's being looked at on the sidelines.

ETA: Royal taken to the locker room per the game announcers.

Chambers carted off...looks like a knee.
guess he's ok, as he just scored a td
It happened after his TD.
From Yahoo:
Chargers WR Chambers leaves game with leg injury

MIAMI (TICKER) —San Diego Chargers wide receiver Chris Chambers left Sunday’s game against the Miami Dolphins with an undisclosed injury to his lower left leg.

Chambers was injured on the final play of the third quarter after making a short reception at the Dolphins 1-yard line.

While trying to break a tackle to get in the end zone, his leg appeared to get twisted underneath him. Chambers was taken to the locker room for X-rays.

He had three catches for 30 yards and a touchdown reception prior to the injury.
NFL.com:
Notes: Chambers left the game after hurting his lower left leg on a reception on the final play of the third period. X-rays were planned, but after the game Turner said he had no update, and Chambers wasn't in the locker room.
Chambers did not return to the game.

[scooter] said:
rock753 said:
buster c said:
Chambers carted off...looks like a knee.
guess he's ok, as he just scored a td
It happened after his TD.
From Yahoo:
Chargers WR Chambers leaves game with leg injury

MIAMI (TICKER) —San Diego Chargers wide receiver Chris Chambers left Sunday’s game against the Miami Dolphins with an undisclosed injury to his lower left leg.

Chambers was injured on the final play of the third quarter after making a short reception at the Dolphins 1-yard line.

While trying to break a tackle to get in the end zone, his leg appeared to get twisted underneath him. Chambers was taken to the locker room for X-rays.

He had three catches for 30 yards and a touchdown reception prior to the injury.
NFL.com:
Notes: Chambers left the game after hurting his lower left leg on a reception on the final play of the third period. X-rays were planned, but after the game Turner said he had no update, and Chambers wasn't in the locker room.
Chambers did not return to the game.
of course i traded for him this morning. argh.

Headlines

Tomlinson aggravates turf toe injury in loss

LaDainian Tomlinson aggravated his turf toe injury in Sunday's 17-10 loss to the Dolphins.

A Dolphins defender stepped on the toe and twisted it into the ground. "I know my toe is hurt, but there is nothing I can do about it," LT2 said. "I just have to continue to go out there and fight." It appeared promising when Tomlinson was left off the Week 5 injury report, but the toe is still an issue. Oct. 6 - 12:33 am et

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Users who are viewing this thread