What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 Waiver Wire GEMS (1 Viewer)

If Sims is out, Is there another RB in TB other than Quizz Rodgers? Mike James was signed to Detroit's practice squad earlier this week.

If Sims is out, Is there another RB in TB other than Quizz Rodgers? Mike James was signed to Detroit's practice squad earlier this week.
Quizz is smallish...anybody know anything about Peyton Barber?

either way, it's probably a one week thing as Martin may well be back after the bye

aggie_dave said:
With his miserable showing this weekend and bye weeks here, Chris Hogan may have been dropped. With Brady back he should be a money train moving forward. 
I'm sweating it in the one league he was dropped and cleared waivers, I got Edelman and Bennett tho, but I agree completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp... I don't think I saw him mentioned anywhere... Cordarelle Patterson :bag:

We know he's an elite returner, meaning he's excellent in the open field with the ball in his hands.  Without Peterson, Minny is looking for playmakers.  Patterson plays 36 snaps on offense, his most since wk 9 of 2014.  He gets 5 receptions plus a rushing attempt for 40 total yards.  Well in PPR, that's 9 points... not awful.

Thing of it is, if they keep giving him 6-8 touches a week, he's going to start breaking huge gains.  He's one of the most gifted guys in the league with the ball in his hands.  Could be something here if Minny keeps utilizing him.  Still just 25.

For the WR needy, E. Royal seems like a prime pickup along with R. Woods.

Chicago is going to be playing from behind a lot and with the loss of K. White to a multi-week injury I could see Royal being useful for a bit.

Woods is the #1, but it's a low volume passing offense.

I'm focused on both although having trouble ranking one vs. the other for waiver priority. Leaning towards Royal.

Coates if you need a play this week.  He leads the league in long pass rec.  Nyj give up lots of big pass plays.  His targets have been going up.  Td incoming 

So....nothing that resembles a true gem again this week. Been a very thin year for meaningful WW pickups so far.
I'll disagree with there not being meaningful pickups this year. Not only that, I would consider Howard/Pryor/Rudolph possible season long 'True Gems".....that came for free in many many cases. Not to mention RB hoarding is alive more than ever so significantly lessens the crop for $$ WW RB pickups......so you'll just keep waiting and waiting. 

• A large # of owners picked up Howard when they saw how bad Langford was (and before his injury and after his backup Carey's injury), 
  • Everyone long gave up on Rudolph so they passed on picking him up for nothing.......TE3 so far
  • Pryor (Coleman news came out on a Wednesday likely after many WW runs), He's returned mid-WR2 production on season. (And even better in the weeks you've likely started him)
  • Enunwa (likely free or low $$ pickup......before Decker's injury), Averaging 8 targets/game on year. And same FP Avg as Decker and more than Marshall.
PPR:

QB: Wentz   

RB: Jordan Howard, Whitaker, Oak

WR: Pryor,Enunwa,Royal, Beasley, Coates, Crowder, Tyrell WIlliams or Inman, Robert Woods

TE: Rudolph, Pitta,Henry, Z.Miller (dropped by quite a few after 2 weeks)

So through 4 weeks, there's possible #1 value at QB,RB,WR,and TE......on a possible season long basis with Wentz/Howard/Pryor/Rudolph  :shrug:  Maybe you can explain your definition of a 'true gem'.....or what you're looking for on waivers. Maybe give some 'true gem' examples available on the wire. (The examples I've given above were all available on the wire at some point in first 4 weeks in 2 separate PPR leagues size of 16 and 18). And again, all of Wentz/Howard/Pryor/Rudolph came for FREE in many cases.....and I think that clouds that "There's been nothing available on waivers". if you're playing in league sizes of 20 and greater.....slim waivers is by design.

Last edited by a moderator:
"So through 4 weeks, there's possible #1 value at QB,RB,WR,and TE......on a possible season long basis with Wentz/Howard/Pryor/Rudolph"

Only guy that was available in any league I play in was Rudolph. All were drafted.

"So through 4 weeks, there's possible #1 value at QB,RB,WR,and TE......on a possible season long basis with Wentz/Howard/Pryor/Rudolph"

Only guy that was available in any league I play in was Rudolph. All were drafted.
If you have rosters that big, then by design your waiver wire is boring.

Your FF league is the best on the planet!!!!1!1!!!

Bye week has me hurting at RB this week.  Picked up both Bilal Powell and Jalen Richard this week.  Now I just need to figure out which one I want to play.

Bortles on a bye. I picked up Siemian after his 4 TD game a few weeks ago. He's now a gametime decision.

My choices this week (this is the complete WW):

1. A Denver QB v. ATL
  2. Fitzpatrick @ PIT
  3. Stanton @ SF
  4. Gabbert v. ARI
  5. Kessler v. NE
  6. Keenum v. BUF
27 QBs rostered in a 18 x 12 league

:X

Bye week has me hurting at RB this week.  Picked up both Bilal Powell and Jalen Richard this week.  Now I just need to figure out which one I want to play.
Powell in PPR for sure

Probably Richard in standard because Oak will run run run on San Diego but this is a tad risky given we don't know how the carries will be doled out.

Powell in PPR for sure

Probably Richard in standard because Oak will run run run on San Diego but this is a tad risky given we don't know how the carries will be doled out.
Thanks.  It IS a PPR list and number of targets is what caught my eye on Powell.   Plus the Steelers are susceptible to screens (poor tackling) so Powell seems like the smart play here.

I picked up Powell in 2 leagues myself this week. Forte is banged up and seeing his touches decrease while Powell's role is on the rise and he has looked great these last 2 games. Powell has a flex-worthy PPR role even with an active Forte but if Forte goes down (2 months from turning 31 and in his 9th season and dealing with rib/knee issues right now), he instantly becomes a rock solid RB2 IMO

Coates if you need a play this week.  He leads the league in long pass rec.  Nyj give up lots of big pass plays.  His targets have been going up.  Td incoming 
I agree with Coates.    Potential Martavis Bryant v 2.0.     Roethlisberger is really gaining confidence in him, and the targets are increasing.   Jets secondary is awful.  

Cameron Meredith if you are in dire straits at WR.  Should at least see 5 targets or so.
Just a blind squirrel getting a nut.  Gotta pay myself on the back cause I'm rarely ahead of the curve on players.  Just glad I took my own advice and started him over Steve smith today because of weather.  Anyone else grab him and start him?

Just a blind squirrel getting a nut.  Gotta pay myself on the back cause I'm rarely ahead of the curve on players.  Just glad I took my own advice and started him over Steve smith today because of weather.  Anyone else grab him and start him?
I don't start players with girly names unless their name is Gurley.

Whoo, good call there. 

Yeah I called this one
He really hadn't been doing bad for standard coming into the game. Now with the monster game (11 targets!), he's a top 20 standard WR with a higher PPG than Diggs, AR15, Cooks and just below Sanders, Cooper and Baldwin. Is there something here going forward?

He really hadn't been doing bad for standard coming into the game. Now with the monster game (11 targets!), he's a top 20 standard WR with a higher PPG than Diggs, AR15, Cooks and just below Sanders, Cooper and Baldwin. Is there something here going forward?
They clearly want to showcase him.  I'm wondering if I need to start him in front of one of my 3 wr moving forward. Ar15, maclin, kelvin benjamin. Maclin, like all of kc, has underwhelmed.  Coates numbers seem to be growing every week.  When Eli Rogers returns hes gotta lose some targets though.  Also I thought bell coming back would have a negative effect on coates but it's been the opposite 

They clearly want to showcase him.  I'm wondering if I need to start him in front of one of my 3 wr moving forward. Ar15, maclin, kelvin benjamin. Maclin, like all of kc, has underwhelmed.  Coates numbers seem to be growing every week.  When Eli Rogers returns hes gotta lose some targets though.  Also I thought bell coming back would have a negative effect on coates but it's been the opposite 
The real question is use the number one waiver on him or continue to hold it for that rb gem.

The real question is use the number one waiver on him or continue to hold it for that rb gem.
Jordan Howard has already been taken. Unless you're waiting for CJ Anderson or Ezekiel Elliot to get hurt to claim their backups, not much out there that isn't probably owned

Users who are viewing this thread