What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Week 6*** LAR at SF +2.5 (51) (2 Viewers)

Has San Francisco thrown anything but a slant or screen?

I'd give their deep game no respect whatsoever and put nine in the box.

And there's some play action to go relatively deep.

Right there is how the Rams have to play on D. Rush 4 and hope to beat them that way. Now they completed that 1st down to Taylor on some nifty moves, but you keep making Garoppolo have to convert those and hope he makes a mistake or your 4-man rush gets home.

you watch Mostert, James Robinson and Phillip Lindsey, it's a wonder why anyone ever drafts a RB in the first 3 rounds (or at all)

I'm looking at you Bob Quinn

you watch Mostert, James Robinson and Phillip Lindsey, it's a wonder why anyone ever drafts a RB in the first 3 rounds (or at all)

I'm looking at you Bob Quinn
Your running back set the world on fire today, though. He's special. Kansas City did not choose wisely. 

And guys like Mostert, Robinson, and Lindsay all have flaws in their game that can get exposed. They're not truly exceptional all-around guys without chinks in their armor. Then again, few are.

Your running back set the world on fire today, though. He's special. Kansas City did not choose wisely. 
he was OK. you could have drove a Mack truck through the hole on the 54 yarder and the LB/S guy had just cleared out before the snap. the world's oldest man has still outplayed both their 2nd round pick RBs.

I needed my LA Rams D to take that potential pick back to the house. But no. Why couldn't we have played SF last week?

he was OK. you could have drove a Mack truck through the hole on the 54 yarder and the LB/S guy had just cleared out before the snap. the world's oldest man has still outplayed both their 2nd round pick RBs.
And the other seventy or so yards plus receiving yards were accounted for how?

If you disqualify guys because their blocking is good, you'll have to disqualify a litany of Hall of Famers.

I'm looking at you, Emmitt.

And the other seventy or so yards plus receiving yards were accounted for how?

If you disqualify guys because their blocking is good, you'll have to disqualify a litany of Hall of Famers.

I'm looking at you, Emmitt.
he's a good player

but literally 54 yards was the least any NFL RB would have gotten on that play - just run in a straight line

NextGen says he got up to 20.7 mph so maybe not any, but it wasn't anything special

he's a nice player, but they can't stop anyone and he was the last thing we needed to spend draft capital on

Mostert has toted the rock sixteen times already. That's how you get hurt. Or how you wear a defense down. Either one. Or maybe both. 

Having 2 healthy corners makes a big difference for SF's defense. Verrett and Moseley both playing great

They're so inconsistent with that.  They called that same thing intentional grounding last week.  I believe Pereira basically said it's not the ref's job to interpret QB/WR intent.  If the QB is under pressure and in the pocket and the pass doesn't land near a WR it should be grounding.  But they hardly ever call it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostert will be back. I have faith.

Who'd have thought an undrafted free agent would become so crucial to the 49ers.

Users who are viewing this thread