What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 6 waiver wire? (1 Viewer)

Run DMC?

9 catches
Garbage time special. Hard to count on that as a weekly premise.
and if they go to Cassell captain check down (Weeden) will be on the bench. He's the king of the 2 yard pass.
Brady is the king of the 5 yard pass :) I still can't believe no one has an answer for Julian Edelman.
Edelman has mad skills breaking off man press coverage off the LOS. That's really where he wins, and there aren't many who are that good at getting separation that quick off the snap.

dont' like those drops at all. I'm not saying this in hindsight, but I'd drop hillman over crow any day. Cleve offense is clicking and you're a duke injury away from rb2 numbers, and he could be a flex play at times too.
I do see where you are coming from. But I also think Hillman has value, but even moreso 2-3 days ago after what the coaching was saying recently about him getting more work.

(Note- today didn't help any of our opinions on Hillman, if anything it makes my drop look worse)

As far as the injury guessing is concerned, I .....like you, do try and anticipate what would happen.

But in a few ways I think Hillman has far more potential if a CJ Anderson occurs, than if a Duke injury occurs and I still rostered Crowell. Don't forget Turbin is looming and getting healthy.

I think you can also say that if CJ Anderson got injured, that Hillman should be expected a similar RB2 output, with much higher upside.

Sooner or later the Broncos will get some semblance of a running game going, and I'd much rather have the back on a Manning led team (even if Manning is declining) than someone on the Browns.

We may well be looking at close to the best the Browns can muster at RB currently, while thats certainly not the case with Denver.

Also note that Duke Johnson had been progressing in recent weeks, and seemed to be battling for more work, before today's decent Crow output that is.

I admit, that especially after today, that Crow has more immediate Flex value. But the truth is he won't see either of my lineups, barring a bizarre amount of injuries.

(Had Hillman not dropped his TD today, then it might not have even been a discussion)

If he hadn't, he may be the fully recognized bellcow in Denver by the time of this posting.

What it boiled down to in my mind, was that I had to drop someone to pick up West.

I was down to "who could be the biggest lottery ticket?", not necessarily current value, if you get my drift.

Hell I may regret it, who knows... LOL.

Appreciate the opinions as always Deamon. :yes:

TZM
I do not see how Denvers running game improves. Manning cannot throw the ball down the field very well. His arm strength is terrible. Seems like teams can cheat the safeties up a lot these days.

I picked up west but davis is still on the wire. I don't have bench space to hold both so im gambling on west. I already dropped Hurns to get west. I could drop hankerson(started him so i can't drop him) for davis. My WR's are thin and if OBJ is out they are really thin. May stick with West and hope for the best.
you must be weak at rb too. if you're so thin at wr (even thinner maybe if obj is out) then dropping hurns was a huge mistake.
i have Bell, Lacy, Murray, Forsett, Woodhead, and Randle at RB. This is a 8 team PPR league. Yeah i hated to drop Hurns but couldn't drop hankerson since i started him. Im 2-2 and have OBJ, Landry, J. Mathews, M. Evans, Hankerson at WR. I hate my WR group other than my LSU WR's. Couldn't leave West on the wire even if i had to drop hurns. Maybe I should have dropped Evans? Debated but didn't do it.

If OBJ is out im screwed. Landry does get a bonus for return yards but the rest of my WR group is struggling for sure.
Ya with that lineup, I wouldn't drop Hurns for West unless you plan on making some trades. Hurns might be your best WR and West is going to be your 4th/5th RB. Maybe you can make some trades though. The new Hurns owner might trade him to you for West :P
why on earth would anyone drop hurns?
Here is my lineup: 8 team PPR league. Current Record is 2-2

QB: E Manning

RB: Lacy, Bell, Murray, Randle, Woodhead, Forsett, West(drop hurns for west)

WR: OBJ, Landry, Mathews, Evans, Snead(just dropped hankerson for snead)

TE: Eifert

K: Crosby

Def: Baltimore

Our waiver wire is open during the games. Only catch is you can't drop a player that you started. Im watching the games and see Charles get injured. Obviously the Charles owner is going to try to get west ASAP. I started Hankerson over Hurns so I couldn't drop Hankerson. Tell me who should I drop for West? I thought about dropping Evans. I could't just let the Charles owner scoop him up for free like that. If west is a bust next week then i made a bad move. If west gets half the points Charles gets it was still worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bracie Smathers said:
Chicago Bears WR Marquess Wilson

He came into the league early as a young (20 yrs old) skinny (184 lb.) late draft pick (7th rd) with character issues. He needed to put on weight, clean up his character issues, and develop his game. Bears drafted WR Kevin White but he gets injured and lands on IR which seemed to open the door a little. They then trade away WR Brandon Marshall which seemed to open the door more but he couldn't beat out the guys in front of him but both Alshon Jeffery and Eddie Royale are gimped-up.

Last week he had a solid game and yesterday he stepped up. He could not only be a solid add for the next week or so but he could be a nice season addition.
As an Alshon owner, I wish I would have watched him play a week ago to get him as insurance. Now people are going to bite and I' ll probably lose out on him and the Alshon saga goes on.

I like the Marquess Wilson call. Another WR I'm adding to my watch list and maybe adding is NY Giants Dwayne Harris. He stepped in for OBJ and Randle in the 4th quarter of last nights game against SF when both went down to hammy injuries. Harris caught 6 for 72 yards on eight targets. Latest news on Randle is that his injury is considered serious. Harris could have a starting role going forward.

lsufan said:
I picked up west but davis is still on the wire. I don't have bench space to hold both so im gambling on west. I already dropped Hurns to get west. I could drop hankerson(started him so i can't drop him) for davis. My WR's are thin and if OBJ is out they are really thin. May stick with West and hope for the best.
you must be weak at rb too. if you're so thin at wr (even thinner maybe if obj is out) then dropping hurns was a huge mistake.
i have Bell, Lacy, Murray, Forsett, Woodhead, and Randle at RB. This is a 8 team PPR league. Yeah i hated to drop Hurns but couldn't drop hankerson since i started him. Im 2-2 and have OBJ, Landry, J. Mathews, M. Evans, Hankerson at WR. I hate my WR group other than my LSU WR's. Couldn't leave West on the wire even if i had to drop hurns. Maybe I should have dropped Evans? Debated but didn't do it.

If OBJ is out im screwed. Landry does get a bonus for return yards but the rest of my WR group is struggling for sure.
Ya with that lineup, I wouldn't drop Hurns for West unless you plan on making some trades. Hurns might be your best WR and West is going to be your 4th/5th RB. Maybe you can make some trades though. The new Hurns owner might trade him to you for West :P
why on earth would anyone drop hurns?
Here is my lineup: 8 team PPR league. Current Record is 2-2

QB: E Manning

RB: Lacy, Bell, Murray, Randle, Woodhead, Forsett, West(drop hurns for west)

WR: OBJ, Landry, Mathews, Evans, Snead(just dropped hankerson for snead)

TE: Eifert

K: Crosby

Def: Baltimore

Our waiver wire is open during the games. Only catch is you can't drop a player that you started. Im watching the games and see Charles get injured. Obviously the Charles owner is going to try to get west ASAP. I started Hankerson over Hurns so I couldn't drop Hankerson. Tell me who should I drop for West? I thought about dropping Evans. I could't just let the Charles owner scoop him up for free like that. If west is a bust next week then i made a bad move. If west gets half the points Charles gets it was still worth it.
ya not sure who i would have dropped instead. Maybe no one. Probably would have held though with hurns.

Jeez 8 team leagues are crazy... every team is good, so not sure what to do there.

I don't think dumping Hurns for West in an 8 team league is a bad idea, especially now that Borltes is dealing with a bum shoulder.

I don't think dumping Hurns for West in an 8 team league is a bad idea, especially now that Borltes is dealing with a bum shoulder.
Ya it makes it different in an 8 teamer. But when would west even start? I see Lacy, Bell, Murray, Forsette likely always starting over West, so would need to be only a flex and only if 2 guys are on byes. Hurns was his 2nd highest scoring WR this year in PPR... and if ODB is out, Hurns would be his top scoring WR. I understand the value of west, and that hurns may slow down, but I don't see any situation where I drop my WR2 (maybe WR1) for a guy who likely won't be one of my top 3 RBs.

With a RB stable of

Woodhead

Matt Jones

McFadden

R.Matthews

Z.Zenner

C.Michaels

I think I lead my league in potential RBs but that's not helping me this year...

I HAVE to go after West, don't I? I have the number 1 waiver priority that I've been saving for this moment.
Yes, pick up West.

I just can't help but feel like Knile could be the guy. And now they're kicking the tires on Pierre Thomas and Tate.

I cannot believe that (insert name here) is available in your league!!!

You must be in a 4-team league!

He's owned in all 347 of my leagues!

What a bunch of amateurs!!!

(Figured I'd do it before anyone else had the chance)
You're only in 347 leagues? Amateur.

I like the Marquess Wilson call. Another WR I'm adding to my watch list and maybe adding is NY Giants Dwayne Harris. He stepped in for OBJ and Randle in the 4th quarter of last nights game against SF when both went down to hammy injuries. Harris caught 6 for 72 yards on eight targets. Latest news on Randle is that his injury is considered serious. Harris could have a starting role going forward.
Sound logic, but Harris had so many drops in earlier action as the de facto WR3 that I'd be wary of using him as a fantasy starter even if he starts for New York.

Josh Huff isn't getting any buzz. He gave the entire team a much needed spark with a nice return, a long catch and run for a TD, and some surprisingly good blocking in the run game. Agholor hasn't played well but has been seeing lots of playing time. He is having an MRI on his ankle (though it is believed to be muscle related and not serious). With Matthews displaying some of the worst hands/concentration I've ever seen, I'm waiting for an Iggles receiver to step it up and be someone Bradford can go to on a regular basis. It just may be Huff. Then again, it was against the Saints and he might disappear next week.

Whats with the "TZM" at the end of all your posts? We know its you dude.
I think he works for TMZ, he's just dyslexic. :D
Nah, I don't. ;)

But my older brother was dyslexic, he suffered terribly for many years with it but finally got it manageable when he got a bit older.

It can be a much tougher problem for others than it is for some.

The way the characteristics vary from day to day makes it tough to diagnose when kids are young sometimes.

The public tends to brush it under the rug, but its a much more common problem than people realize.

TZM

What's the story with Cruz? Otherwise Harris may be a nice pick up for a few weeks?

What's the story with Cruz? Otherwise Harris may be a nice pick up for a few weeks?
It doesn't seem that anyone in the fantasy world thinks Cruz will amount to much even assuming he can be a game day active anytime soon. He's still sits on one of my redraft rosters (I've tried dropping him during the last 3 blind bidding periods, but I keep getting outbid for my targeted players). At this point, I'll likely hold & see what happens since the free agent pool is basically dry pending more injuries.

I would have dropped Evans over Hurns. Hurns is a top 15 WR and is very consistent.

cubbie5150 said:
Team Smokin said:
It doesn't seem that anyone in the fantasy world thinks Cruz will amount to much even assuming he can be a game day active anytime soon. He's still sits on one of my redraft rosters (I've tried dropping him during the last 3 blind bidding periods, but I keep getting outbid for my targeted players). At this point, I'll likely hold & see what happens since the free agent pool is basically dry pending more injuries.
I get a lot of calls wrong but moving on from Cruz was a decision i was glad I made. Soon after his patella tendon tear I traded him away in any league I had him in, never to be rostered by me again. Sometimes I did OK (a 2nd round pick), sometimes I took less but just wanted the roster spot. History has shown that players haven't had much success coming back from that injury. Either it gets re-injured or there is a compensation injury where some other part of the body fails, and I think that is what is happening with Cruz with the calf. I doubt he'll be much of a contributor this season at all, and with Beckham an Randle there these days it's not so important that Cruz be a big part of the offense like he was before the patella injury. And, I wouldn't be surprised at all if, after he's back from the calf, some other injury occurs, and I believe rightly or wrongly that it'll still be related to the original injury and the compensating factor of moving differently than before he blew the patella tendon.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but this is the week to stash LaFell if you have the room. He was working out on the field Sunday & eligible to return Week 7. WR4 out of the gate but WR2/3 upside.

If you need a D Minnesota is coming off a bye and has a tasty 3-5 game stretch starting this week.

Is Abdullah droppable?
How long can Detroit afford to punish him for fumbling?
He's put the ball on the ground four times (one was overturned.) Thankfully he only lost 1 but it's a legitimate concern since he fumbled 24 times in college.
It's definitely a legitimate concern but there is also a relationship between that and the replacement value of the player(s) you bench him for.
There are AA and also Detroit Lions discussion threads to continue this rather than muck up the WW thread.

Philly threw a ton of passes last week and four guys had more targets than Huff. I think there is no buzz because most feel it's not sustainable.

SNAP COUNTS - PHI WIDE RECEIVERS

Jordan Matthews: 59 (70%)

Riley Cooper: 47 (56%); 4 (13%)

Miles Austin: 46 (55%)

Josh Huff: 41 (49%); 3 (10%)

Nelson Agholor: 34 (40%)

Analysis: The playing time distribution was skewed because Agholor left in the first half with an injury. He was not cleared to return in the second half. That opened up more playing time for Huff and Austin. Huff took a big jump this week – he was limited last week because of a hamstring injury. Matthews’ playing time was affected by the amount of two-tight end sets the Eagles played.

Denard worth an add if TJ is banged up? Strictly one week filler I would think.

ETA: probably not, he was inactive again last week (knee) and looks like Yeldon will play

Sound logic, but Harris had so many drops in earlier action as the de facto WR3 that I'd be wary of using him as a fantasy starter even if he starts for New York.
Harris was "Mr. Hands" throughout his college career (and he was a QB in high school). Not sure why he looked so rusty unless it is because Dallas never used him as a WR. Players with bad hands don't get jobs as top-notch return men in college and especially not in the NFL. If he gets a starting gig he could be very good (one of the best YAC guys I ever saw in college and I watched almost every game). And he is a beast blocking (which old-school coaches like TC love).

Diggs will be the big pickup next week. Dude reminds me of OBJ
Care to elaborate more? I'm desperate for WR help and keep hitting on the wrong guys. Last week took Randle over Snead, the week before Ginn over Hurns.
:goodposting: You have my attention.

Last week was his first week active correct?

ETA: Next 3 weeks are salty fwiw. KC,@Det,@Chi
Guy got yards & targets in Denver, not a bad catch. :thumbup:

I honestly think KC will be RBBC. Both guys worth owning, but not worth spending a high % of free-agent money.
I've seen enough of N Davis to know he's got RB1 upside. West seems to be the darling lately, but if I got a good amount of FAAB budget left and Davis is on the wire (he's owned in all my leagues) I'm throwing the kitchen sink at Davis.
This is how I feel. But I'm reading everywhere that West is the guy in KC. I love Davis but I have to admit I haven't been following KC this year so it's possible West just fits the role better than Knile.

I have a chance at one or the other and I'm not sure who to go with.

If you had a shot at the following in Non-PPR, as a bye week plug, who do you pick up:

M. Wilson

J. Crowder

T. Montgomery

S. Diggs

Both Riddick and Joique Bell are available in one of my leagues. Riddick for sure worth a pick although I hate that i'd have to drop Mike Jones or David Johnson for him.

If you had a shot at the following in Non-PPR, as a bye week plug, who do you pick up:

M. Wilson

J. Crowder

T. Montgomery

S. Diggs
I'd rank it Diggs, Crowder, Montgomery, Wilson. I like Crowder a lot, but he'll be competing with Garcon and likely DJax for targets. There are no other WRs in Minny who look particularly good, and they seem to have a history of mid-season WRs emerging (just make sure you avoid overdrafting him next year).

I feel dirty for even typing this, but I'm probably going to put in a claim for McCown, dropping ... Peyton Manning.

Real question is, assuming I can't get McCown, do I drop Peyton for Diggs? Probably not, just because I need a QB when Taylor is on bye in a few weeks. But it's close.

M. Wilson

J. Crowder

T. Montgomery

S. Diggs
I'd rank it Diggs, Crowder, Montgomery, Wilson. I like Crowder a lot, but he'll be competing with Garcon and likely DJax for targets. There are no other WRs in Minny who look particularly good, and they seem to have a history of mid-season WRs emerging (just make sure you avoid overdrafting him next year).
I'm with you on Diggs, especially with the KC matchup.

Wilson interests me alot, i like his increase in targets.. But I guess Jeffery & Royal have to come back sooner or later.

M. Wilson

J. Crowder

T. Montgomery

S. Diggs
I'm with you on Diggs, especially with the KC matchup.

Wilson interests me alot, i like his increase in targets.. But I guess Jeffery & Royal have to come back sooner or later.
Good little subtopic. debating those 3 myself. Wilson is looking good..and its anyone's guess when Alshon comes back. I wouldn't assume anything there. Then Ty Montgomery has the Aaron Rodgers factor.

I think these 3 are close both short and longer term (rest of season in redraft).

Users who are viewing this thread