What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

Breece Hall down.

edited went to the tent. I didn’t see if helped off the field. Saw that as they returned from commercial

Breece Hall being carted off.. Not good
They let him walk off the field and checked him on sideline, but now getting on a cart to get to the room. Was walking on his own power but didn't look right.
He wasn’t on a cart going to the locker room. I saw him walkin, albeit gingerly
He walked off the field and was headed to locker room but then they did have him get on a cart to finish the trip.

They let him walk off the field and checked him on sideline, but now getting on a cart to get to the room. Was walking on his own power but didn't look right.
He walked off the field and was headed to locker room but then they did have him get on a cart to finish the trip.
Ok, missed that

That def looks like a cart to me..

breece hall getting carted off as well
I saw him walk to the tent and to the locker room
Well everyone else saw him on a cart so he WAS on a cart at some point. Doesnt make much sense to give him a cart ride half way with a knee injury.
Already pointed out he was walkig to the locker room, then given a cart. I missed the cart part, but did see him walk into the tent on his own and was walking to the room gingerly, then the crt rode him the rest of the way. Now we can move on from that.

That def looks like a cart to me..

I hate Fantasy Football...........

Edgerrin James finished playing the game on a torn ACL. I hope like hell it’s not serious. I need him for my fake team. MRI pending I’m sure.

Not an offensive injury but Jackson db for the Chargers was surrounded by staff with the players all taking a knee...... went off the field on a cart with an air cast. Obviously a bad injury they didnt want the cameras to see :(

breece hall getting carted off as well
I saw him walk to the tent and to the locker room
Well everyone else saw him on a cart so he WAS on a cart at some point. Doesnt make much sense to give him a cart ride half way with a knee injury.
apologies for the unnecessary snark. I wont accept the flag for piling on though because I type really slowly and there was cross posting going on :)

FWIW fantasy doctor Morse on youtubes "the fantasy doctors" is much more concerned for a major injury to Metcalf then he is for Breece Hall..... said both COULD be Acl tears but not likely that Hall has an ACL. Said both could be bone bruise/ meniscuis tear type injuries though.

Head Coach says ACL injury for Breece Hall
How would he know unless he has seen the MRI
You can typically assess whether an ACL is intact with reasonable certainty with a physical exam.
Don’t be harsh if I don’t believe that. MRI is needed to determine an ACL tear as far as I know.
Believe what you want. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Trainers can more often than not tell if an ACL is intact via physical exam. Of course they would always confirm with an MRI.

You can typically assess whether an ACL is intact with reasonable certainty with a physical exam.
Don’t be harsh if I don’t believe that. MRI is needed to determine an ACL tear as far as I know.
Believe what you want. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Trainers can more often than not tell if an ACL is intact via physical exam. Of course they would always confirm with an MRI.
Tear does not necessarily mean complete tear and I’m sure some doctor wannabe trainer wouldn’t know without a MRI

Believe he said they were fearing an ACL injury, not that they knew it was. But that's certainly where everything seems pointed.
He may very well have an ACL tear, but I prefer hearing the MRI result. Sometimes it comes back with something less severe.
It looked like an ACL tear to me :shrug:

A complete ACL tear can often be felt with your fingers or even seen visually, depends where the ligament goes but it can bulge under the skin and be quite obvious.

A complete ACL tear can often be felt with your fingers or even seen visually, depends where the ligament goes but it can bulge under the skin and be quite obvious.
Has that been reported? If not, then we’re at the mercy of the MRI.

What a bad week for injuries.

this list does not include SNF:

Here are the injuries and news we're monitoring around the league on this Week 7 Sunday:
  • Atlanta Falcons cornerback A.J. Terrell (hamstring) was ruled out versus the Bengals. Head coach Arthur Smith says Terrell will undergo testing to determine the severity of the injury.
  • Carolina Panthers running back Chuba Hubbard (ankle) did not return to the game versus the Buccaneers.
  • Cincinnati Bengals defensive end Trey Hendrickson (neck) was ruled out for the rest of the game. Hendrickson suffered a bad stinger and hopes to be back soon, per NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero.
  • Cleveland Browns tight end David Njoku (ankle) was ruled out versus the Ravens. Tight end Pharaoh Brown was being evaluated for a concussion.
  • Denver Broncos running back Mike Boone (ankle) did not return verses the Jets.
  • Dallas Cowboys guard Matt Farniok (left hamstring) was ruled out versus the Lions. Tight end Dalton Schultz is "fine" after tweaking his knee against the Lions, per Pelissero. Schultz had been dealing with a PCL sprain entering Sunday's game, Pelissero added.
  • Detroit Lions wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown (concussion) was ruled out versus the Cowboys. Safety DeShon Elliott (cramping) did not return to the game.
  • Green Bay Packers outside linebacker Rashan Gary (concussion) was ruled out versus the Commanders. Wide receiver Allen Lazard (shoulder) did not return.
  • Houston Texans defensive lineman Maliek Collins (chest) did not return to the game against the Raiders. Wide receiver Nico Collins (groin) did not return.
  • Las Vegas Raiders safety Matthias Farley (back) did not return verses Texans.
  • Los Angeles Chargers cornerback J.C. Jackson (knee) was ruled out versus the Seahawks. Jackson was carted off the field with his leg in an air cast after suffering the injury in the first half. Head coach Brandon Staley said Jackson suffered a "significant injury" knee injury, and per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, Jackson dislocated his kneecap. The MRI tomorrow will show what damage he suffered during the dislocation, Rapoport added. Wide receiver Mike Williams (ankle) did not return to the game.
  • Miami Dolphins safety Brandon Jones was injured and ruled out with a knee injury in Sunday night's game against the Steelers.
  • New York Giants offensive tackle Evan Neal (knee), guard Ben Bredeson (knee) and tight end Daniel Bellinger (eye) were ruled out versus the Jaguars. The initial belief is Neal suffered an MCL injury and will undergo further tests to determine the full extent of the injury, per Pelissero. Bellinger was taken to a local hospital, but he returned to the team after the game. NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported Bellinger will see an ophthalmologist on Monday in New York. Cornerback Adoree' Jackson was evaluated for a concussion.
  • New York Jets rookie running back Breece Hall (knee) was ruled out in the first half versus the Broncos. Head coach Robert Saleh told reporters that the initial diagnosis on the injury did not look good and it's believed to be an ACL injury. Wide receiver Corey Davis (knee) did not return to the game, while offensive lineman Alijah Vera-Tucker (elbow) was ruled out. Garafolo reported that initial indications are Davis suffered a MCL sprain.
  • San Francisco 49ers linebacker Dre Greenlaw (calf) did not return to the game verses the Chiefs.
  • Seattle Seahawks receiver DK Metcalf suffered a knee injury in the first quarter against the Chargers and was ruled out. He was carted into the locker room. Metcalf will get an MRI before the team knows the extent of his injury, head coach Pete Carroll told reporters after the game.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Antoine Winfield Jr. was evaluated for a concussion and did not return to the game versus the Panthers. Cornerback Anthony Chesley (hamstring) was ruled out for the rest of the game. Wide receiver Russell Gage (hamstring) did not return to the game.
  • Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill was in a walking boot after injuring his ankle in the second half against the Colts. Tannehill told reporters that his ankle "doesn't feel great" and he'll do all he can to be able to play in Week 8. Defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons (ankle) did not return to the game versus the Colts.
  • Washington Commanders tight end Cole Turner (concussion) was ruled out versus the Packers.

What a bad week for injuries.

this list does not include SNF:

Here are the injuries and news we're monitoring around the league on this Week 7 Sunday:
  • Atlanta Falcons cornerback A.J. Terrell (hamstring) was ruled out versus the Bengals. Head coach Arthur Smith says Terrell will undergo testing to determine the severity of the injury.
  • Carolina Panthers running back Chuba Hubbard (ankle) did not return to the game versus the Buccaneers.
  • Cincinnati Bengals defensive end Trey Hendrickson (neck) was ruled out for the rest of the game. Hendrickson suffered a bad stinger and hopes to be back soon, per NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero.
  • Cleveland Browns tight end David Njoku (ankle) was ruled out versus the Ravens. Tight end Pharaoh Brown was being evaluated for a concussion.
  • Denver Broncos running back Mike Boone (ankle) did not return verses the Jets.
  • Dallas Cowboys guard Matt Farniok (left hamstring) was ruled out versus the Lions. Tight end Dalton Schultz is "fine" after tweaking his knee against the Lions, per Pelissero. Schultz had been dealing with a PCL sprain entering Sunday's game, Pelissero added.
  • Detroit Lions wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown (concussion) was ruled out versus the Cowboys. Safety DeShon Elliott (cramping) did not return to the game.
  • Green Bay Packers outside linebacker Rashan Gary (concussion) was ruled out versus the Commanders. Wide receiver Allen Lazard (shoulder) did not return.
  • Houston Texans defensive lineman Maliek Collins (chest) did not return to the game against the Raiders. Wide receiver Nico Collins (groin) did not return.
  • Las Vegas Raiders safety Matthias Farley (back) did not return verses Texans.
  • Los Angeles Chargers cornerback J.C. Jackson (knee) was ruled out versus the Seahawks. Jackson was carted off the field with his leg in an air cast after suffering the injury in the first half. Head coach Brandon Staley said Jackson suffered a "significant injury" knee injury, and per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, Jackson dislocated his kneecap. The MRI tomorrow will show what damage he suffered during the dislocation, Rapoport added. Wide receiver Mike Williams (ankle) did not return to the game.
  • Miami Dolphins safety Brandon Jones was injured and ruled out with a knee injury in Sunday night's game against the Steelers.
  • New York Giants offensive tackle Evan Neal (knee), guard Ben Bredeson (knee) and tight end Daniel Bellinger (eye) were ruled out versus the Jaguars. The initial belief is Neal suffered an MCL injury and will undergo further tests to determine the full extent of the injury, per Pelissero. Bellinger was taken to a local hospital, but he returned to the team after the game. NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported Bellinger will see an ophthalmologist on Monday in New York. Cornerback Adoree' Jackson was evaluated for a concussion.
  • New York Jets rookie running back Breece Hall (knee) was ruled out in the first half versus the Broncos. Head coach Robert Saleh told reporters that the initial diagnosis on the injury did not look good and it's believed to be an ACL injury. Wide receiver Corey Davis (knee) did not return to the game, while offensive lineman Alijah Vera-Tucker (elbow) was ruled out. Garafolo reported that initial indications are Davis suffered a MCL sprain.
  • San Francisco 49ers linebacker Dre Greenlaw (calf) did not return to the game verses the Chiefs.
  • Seattle Seahawks receiver DK Metcalf suffered a knee injury in the first quarter against the Chargers and was ruled out. He was carted into the locker room. Metcalf will get an MRI before the team knows the extent of his injury, head coach Pete Carroll told reporters after the game.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Antoine Winfield Jr. was evaluated for a concussion and did not return to the game versus the Panthers. Cornerback Anthony Chesley (hamstring) was ruled out for the rest of the game. Wide receiver Russell Gage (hamstring) did not return to the game.
  • Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill was in a walking boot after injuring his ankle in the second half against the Colts. Tannehill told reporters that his ankle "doesn't feel great" and he'll do all he can to be able to play in Week 8. Defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons (ankle) did not return to the game versus the Colts.
  • Washington Commanders tight end Cole Turner (concussion) was ruled out versus the Packers.
Thank you for that compilation.

Users who are viewing this thread