What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

Titans WR Treylon Burks carted off field, taken to hospital after awkward fall on 'TNF'. Reported to have movement in all his extremities.

***trigger warning*** here's the Cole Holcomb leg injury which I don't recommend watching - gruesome (unfortunately unavoidable if you scroll X)

Last edited:
Titans WR Treylon Burks carted off field, taken to hospital after awkward fall on 'TNF'. Reported to have movement in all his extremities.

***trigger warning*** here's the Cole Holcomb leg injury which I don't recommend watching - gruesome (unfortunately unavoidable if you scroll X)
Helps if you tell everyone who it was, hahaha
Treylon Burks

thanks

the fingers don't always keep up with the synapses

Waddle is playing, but not looking himself. Seems a bit gimpy and last closeup in the huddle showed him wincing. Could be nothing but defo something going on with him.

Karen Hall declared out with concussion after taking a hit trying to stretch for the endzone.
They want Dobbs anyway
You know your team is in bad shape when they want Josh Dobbs.
the word on Dobbs is that he learned the playbook incredibly fast when he was picked up and started week 1 for the Cards.

this probably was the main reason why he was the target. if he can get up to speed on the offense in only 1 or 2 weeks they may still be able to contend for a playoff spot.

sure there are guys who are better players, but if they are slower learning the playbook the season could be over by the time they even hit the field.

I think it was a decent move given the situation. team is in a situation wher 2 or 3 losses in a row kill their playoff hopes so the less talented guy who learns the playbook quickly is truly their best (and possibly only) option.

Cam Akers Achilles.
Gotta wait to hear more but if torn, he's probably all but retired.
Sad but...

Cam Akers Achilles.
Sad but...
retired?
Well its a serious injury and particularly for players at the RB position one that has been difficult for them to recover from. Although we do have some examples of that. Akers being one of those examples.

If this is another tear as KOC said they fear it is, then its going to be even more challenging for Akers to try to recover from it again.

Its not clear to me if it is the same tendon what he tore before or not. We will have to wait for more information about this. If it is though, its going to be very difficult for him to come back from this again. So who knows? It could be Akers last play in the NFL.

Its not clear to me if it is the same tendon what he tore before or not. We will have to wait for more information about this. If it is though, its going to be very difficult for him to come back from this again. So who knows? It could be Akers last play in the NFL.
Different leg

Cam Akers Achilles.
Sad but...
retired?
Well its a serious injury and particularly for players at the RB position one that has been difficult for them to recover from. Although we do have some examples of that. Akers being one of those examples.

If this is another tear as KOC said they fear it is, then its going to be even more challenging for Akers to try to recover from it again.

What he said

Cam Akers Achilles.
Sad but...
retired?

Let's calm down and wait my man..

We don't even know what the injury is and some of you have him quitting Football.

Cam Akers Achilles.
Sad but...
retired?

Let's calm down and wait my man..

We don't even know what the injury is and some of you have him quitting Football.
Of course.

If its not the same leg as Penguin said that is less concerning but still pretty serious.

Cam Akers Achilles.
Sad but...
retired?

doesnt matter. an Achilles is usually a career killer for a RB.
recovering from one is lucky.

if he recovers from the second one (even if its the other leg) means he likely should be buying lotto tickets cuz his luck must be off the charts.

I'd say its at least 90% chance his career is over if this injury proves to be another Achilles injury.

Users who are viewing this thread