What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

I'm dropping Fuller for Nelson this week(If I can get him). I think he has more upside at this point than Fuller. Sure Palmer is declining,but he's still a much better QB than Ossucker... Floyd is toast,Fitzy is old and will fade like last year, Brown has issues! I see them keeping Nelson a huge part of their game plan.and the guy has wheels...

any thoughts from the pool on paul perkins or kadeem carey?

I've got an opportunity to grab em now vs wait for wednesday waivers.  with quizz going down, gio is literally my only rb playing significant snaps next week that i know of.  martin still out, quizz went down, dixon still waiting.

others mentioned for the regular waivers are definitely better options for the weekly waivers, but i'm thinking for the grab now window.
Any Giant fans have insight on Pekins?  Is it likelly he gets any more than 5 to 10 touches at best?  Is Rainey next man up for the heavy workload?  Jennings looks like he needs a fork in him and  Darkwa is JAG.

Perkins looks like the beat of the bunch, but do the coaches trust him not to get Eli killed?

JJ Nelson. Named a starter today. Jaron Brown has a torn ACL, Michael Floyd sucks, John Brown has health issues from time to time with the sickle cell trait.

11 catches on 19 targets the last two weeks. 2 Touchdowns.
Could be a good pickup, but keep in mind he's on bye this week.

Was going to post that, if the obvious RB choices (West, Hightower, etc) are gone, it might be worth looking at Knile Davis based on the cake match-up vs. Indy.

But then Davis got cut. So ... maybe Don Jackson?

I'm not saying I have any faith in any GB RB. Even with Cobb and Monty out yesterday, the team rushing leader was Rodgers. But in my 16-teamer, there's pretty much nothing available, so I'm thinking DoJax might be worth a flier.

I didn't mention guys like JJ because I'd think he would've been owned already last week.

With Green Bay... they seem to have a rotation of Ty (if healthy), Don Jackson, and Aaron Ripowski. I'd be shocked if they didn't add another RB but it doesn't seem like they will. Does that make Jackson worth a pickup? I own him out of desperation in a 14-teamer (lost Ty and Cobb) and I kinda don't think so. They seem perfectly willing to use Ripowski in short yardage situations over Jackson.

Any Giant fans have insight on Pekins?  Is it likelly he gets any more than 5 to 10 touches at best?  Is Rainey next man up for the heavy workload?  Jennings looks like he needs a fork in him and  Darkwa is JAG.

Perkins looks like the beat of the bunch, but do the coaches trust him not to get Eli killed?
Not a Giants fan but I picked up Perkins and have done a little research. With Vereen out Rainey is the COP back, so I don't think his usage will change all that much. Perkins pass pro was his weak point coming out of college, but we haven't really seen him all that much in the regular season to gauge how/if it's improved. However, the coaching staff talking him up pre-bye is encouraging IMO.

Longshot injured guys that may have been dropped that could become playable down the road, Rawls, Sims and Starks.

I'm a Giants fan and I have been very vocal about stashing Perkins.  The Giants run game is a disaster as it stands right now.  After their win last week in London, Mac did say that there would be some changes on offense.  One change I believe will be at the TE spot.  I also see Perkins getting more involved.  He is their best runner.  He sees the field and can find the holes, he is also a very good pass catcher.  I believe the only reason he is not starting already is because of his pass protection.  This is something thet have been working on with him since the beginning of the season.  IMO, I believe Perkins will get his shot sooner than later.  I loaded up where I could.

Who do you think has a better shot of contributing first, Jamaal Charles, or Adrian Peterson?  AP still on the wire.  I drafted Charles..   :wall:

What about Starks?
I like it. Most people point to his ineffectiveness early in the season as a reason to stay away. It is true that Starks looked pedestrian, but he's the main backup in the system, and have to think the team will want to put him in that role to keep Rodgers from getting killed out there running it himself. Montgomery has proven himself, but would also think the team would lean more on a guy who has the background and history in the role than continue to rely on a WR turned RB out of desperation going forward.

What about Starks?
Could be worth a flier? I'm avoiding though, that GB run offense has looked bad the entire year outside of Montgomery and Starks has never looked like anything more than a back-up his entire career... but there's not much else going on there so who knows, maybe it's time for Starks?

groin pains said:
I'm a Giants fan and I have been very vocal about stashing Perkins.  The Giants run game is a disaster as it stands right now.  After their win last week in London, Mac did say that there would be some changes on offense.  One change I believe will be at the TE spot.  I also see Perkins getting more involved.  He is their best runner.  He sees the field and can find the holes, he is also a very good pass catcher.  I believe the only reason he is not starting already is because of his pass protection.  This is something thet have been working on with him since the beginning of the season.  IMO, I believe Perkins will get his shot sooner than later.  I loaded up where I could.
As a Giants fan, I agree with all of this but would add the caveat that I don't necessarily trust the coaching staff or the play calling at this point.  If they commit to getting him more involved and make sure that he sees plenty of touches, I think the potential is there but I think the problems with the Giants run game goes beyond talent.  I worry that Perkins is being set up to fail.

I hope to be proven wrong but I see Perkins as a stash only option until then.

groin pains said:
Perkins becoming startable relies on:

• Jennings being phased out
  • Darkwa being phased out
  • Rainey being phased out
  • Giants' run blocking improving
  • Game scripts going in the right direction
  • Eli not killing them with turnovers
Kinda seems like a lot to expect.

With Moncrief back, I've gotta replace Doyle. Thanks for the head's up!
Hooper has barely seen the field this year because he's a rook but in the extremely small sample size we have, he's made some big plays. With Tamme out early last week, Hooper played on 79% of the snaps and drew 5 targets. The match-up this week isn't fantastic but I think he'll at least have similar opportunity. Plus Julio is a bit gimpy.

Perkins becoming startable relies on:

• Jennings being phased out
  • Darkwa being phased out
  • Rainey being phased out
  • Giants' run blocking improving
  • Game scripts going in the right direction
  • Eli not killing them with turnovers
Kinda seems like a lot to expect.
- Jennings stinks
- Darkwa had his chance last year (and the Giants still signed Perkins this year) and has been unimpressive this year.
- Rainey is CoP back with Vereen out, and still isn't anything special

The other three are knocks against any NYG RB (or really any RB... i.e. game scripts and turnovers). Giants have also faced some of the best run Ds in the league so far (LA, BAL, GB, MIN)... so it may be their run blocking or it may be their opponents. Maybe it's a lot to expect, but no one is saying this kid is the second coming, just that in an RB starved fantasy season, he could very well be a starter. This week should show us something and you don't want to miss the bus if it takes off.

- Jennings stinks
- Darkwa had his chance last year (and the Giants still signed Perkins this year) and has been unimpressive this year.
- Rainey is CoP back with Vereen out, and still isn't anything special

The other three are knocks against any NYG RB (or really any RB... i.e. game scripts and turnovers). Giants have also faced some of the best run Ds in the league so far (LA, BAL, GB, MIN)... so it may be their run blocking or it may be their opponents. Maybe it's a lot to expect, but no one is saying this kid is the second coming, just that in an RB starved fantasy season, he could very well be a starter. This week should show us something and you don't want to miss the bus if it takes off.
This strikes me as a "what they should do" versus "what they will do" situation. If I were betting, I think they'll be slow to take work away from Jennings. I seem to recall a pages long thread where David Wilson was clearly going to send every other RB on the roster to the bench...

This strikes me as a "what they should do" versus "what they will do" situation. If I were betting, I think they'll be slow to take work away from Jennings. I seem to recall a pages long thread where David Wilson was clearly going to send every other RB on the roster to the bench...
Sure but this is a different coach, different player, and overall different situation.

Sure but this is a different coach, different player, and overall different situation.
I don't follow them that closely currently so I will defer to those that do. That said, while the first two (coach and player) are clearly true, I'm not sure Perkins is going to be "fantasy relevant" with a reasonably healthy / functional Jennings around.

I don't follow them that closely currently so I will defer to those that do. That said, while the first two (coach and player) are clearly true, I'm not sure Perkins is going to be "fantasy relevant" with a reasonably healthy / functional Jennings around.
Functional is what's up for debate with Jennings: he's averaging 2.7 yards per/carry. I agree that's it's not a clear cut situation, but this is fantasy and we're trying to predict the future and win big on a minuscule investment. What I've read in the tea leaves is that their not comfortable with their current running situation and want to try something new. Your results may differ.

Nothing indicates to me that Darkwa wouldn't be a massive thorn in the side of Perkins in the event Jennings is benched.

Unless something has changed, it was Darkwa that got all the big back carries when Jennings went down with injury. At best, I think it starts off with a RBBC if they do decide to go in a different direction. 

Could be a good pickup, but keep in mind he's on bye this week.
So isn't Fuller...He'd be my wr5 anyways,but hoping Nelson becomes a WR 2 with and be a little more consistent than Fuller. I'd never start Fuller anyways at this point. I've got nothing to lose.

The Frankman said:
I didn't mention guys like JJ because I'd think he would've been owned already last week.

With Green Bay... they seem to have a rotation of Ty (if healthy), Don Jackson, and Aaron Ripowski. I'd be shocked if they didn't add another RB but it doesn't seem like they will. Does that make Jackson worth a pickup? I own him out of desperation in a 14-teamer (lost Ty and Cobb) and I kinda don't think so. They seem perfectly willing to use Ripowski in short yardage situations over Jackson.
JJ wasn't owned in most leagues last week He had 3 catches for 80 something yards. Most look at that as one decent week,but need to see more, Not sure why you would think he would have been owned in most leagues last week...Unless your in a 14 or 16 team league...He wasn't even named a starter until this week,as the wr 3...

Prosise split snaps with Michael and wasn't that far behind in utilization (8 to Michael's 12). 
This has me very intrigued...they have a tough rushing schedule ahead and I could see them using CJ more in the passing game. Seahawks are in need of a playmaker.

If you need them for this week C. West is the the priority add followed by Sproles, Hightower and then Antone Smith

For the rest of season I'd say JJ Nelson is the safest pick followed by Sproles and then all the RBBC guys that probably won't win your league but could be flex appeal down the stretch- C. West, Hightower, Kelley, Starks and Dixon 

JJ wasn't owned in most leagues last week He had 3 catches for 80 something yards. Most look at that as one decent week,but need to see more, Not sure why you would think he would have been owned in most leagues last week...Unless your in a 14 or 16 team league...He wasn't even named a starter until this week,as the wr 3...
Floyd was hurt and sucked the last few weeks and John Brown was looking at a possible multi-week absence. Jaron tore his ACL so JJ was worth a speculative add last week since he was trending up.

Floyd was hurt and sucked the last few weeks and John Brown was looking at a possible multi-week absence. Jaron tore his ACL so JJ was worth a speculative add last week since he was trending up.
Key words: speculative and trending. Arizona offense is pretty bad outside of Johnson, they aren't dominating enough to merit buying shares in the offense as a whole. He STILL isn't owned in my 10 teamer FWIW

My WW claims. 16-team, standard scoring. With Miller on bye and Quizz out, I have to pick up someone who I can start this week.

1. Charcandrick
  2. ASmith
  3. Prosise
  4. Barber
  5. DWilliams
No way I get West, and Smith is a long-shot, too. Prosise is probably the best I can hope for.

I still may switch Smith and Prosise. Not sure I trust that TB situation at all.

My WW claims. 16-team, standard scoring. With Miller on bye and Quizz out, I have to pick up someone who I can start this week.

1. Charcandrick
  2. ASmith
  3. Prosise
  4. Barber
  5. DWilliams
No way I get West, and Smith is a long-shot, too. Prosise is probably the best I can hope for.

I still may switch Smith and Prosise. Not sure I trust that TB situation at all.
Hightower?

I got Hightower (chosenhim or west for week 9 matchup bs 9ers andmore long term value IMO).  If Hightower can rush for over 100 tds against Seattle I think that speaks volumes.  

Also was able to grab jj Nelson, Chris hogan, and mike James TB. I have a sneaking suspicion that James is next man up for Tb until matin comes back.  He knows the system and has proven ability to carry the load and perform well when called upon.  

Looks to me like all the big RB adds are 1 week plays and risky at that. I like the idea of adding Perkins but as a life long fan I'm fairly positive they will underuse him for way too long. They'd rather trot out some near retirees who have 0 chance of breaking a big play. If you have the room and don't see anything better, he's probably worth a stash for a couple weeks to see if his usage increases. He needs to do a ton with his limited carries to earn significant time.

Looks to me like all the big RB adds are 1 week plays and risky at that. I like the idea of adding Perkins but as a life long fan I'm fairly positive they will underuse him for way too long. They'd rather trot out some near retirees who have 0 chance of breaking a big play. If you have the room and don't see anything better, he's probably worth a stash for a couple weeks to see if his usage increases. He needs to do a ton with his limited carries to earn significant time.
Yeah, I agree, and I'm worried since I need someone who can start next week, too. I got ASmith, who I figure will have some role (I don't expect to see Martin or Quizz back anytime soon), but none of us has any idea what that role will be.

As far as WRs, has anyone mentioned Kenny Stills yet? Strongly considering him as a spot start. He's boom or bust, but he's also the deep threat against a team that's been getting burned deep all year.

1. Charcandrick
  2. ASmith
  3. Prosise
  4. Barber
  5. DWilliams

I wouldn't 

Ware owner ...I missed on West but got Prosise -- Sure hope to hear good news on Ware though; Jags sweet matchup

I know this is more of an AC post, but where would you all rank Hightower vs. R. Jennings? I currently have Jennings, but am really thinking of dropping him for Hightower in my .5PPR league. 

While more specific to my team, I think both these 2 have actually been discussed in a similar light. 

Are you planning on starting prosise if Ware can't go?  ppr?  I am tempted o pick him up
Right now it looks like it -- I dropped JC for him and only have Rawls, D. Henry and Powell -- Powell worked out last week, but seems Seattle might lean on Prosise more --Want to hear more about D. Murray too -- Henry is an option as well --

Users who are viewing this thread