What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is an appropriate amount of time for a well-run company to reply to a client email? (1 Viewer)

How long?

• Within a few business hours

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Within a business day

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Two to three days

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Within a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longer than a week

• Never

• Total voters

Juxtatarot

Footballguy
I know it can depend but generally speaking.

For the purposes of this poll, an automated email stating that they received your email doesn’t count.

If you’d like, feel free to include a question submitted in some website portal as the same as an email.

I would say within 24 hours. Depending on the content of the email I would say something should be sent to at least say they received the request and let them know when they might respond with an answer (if they can't answer at that time).

I voted 2-3 days, but my real answer is somewhere around 36 hours. A lot depends on when you are getting to your emails vs when they sent.

Nothing worse than getting a 4:15 email on Tuesday, followed by a 9:00 am email Wednesday morning asking for an update with everyone added on blast. If you send something on Monday, give me until lunch Tuesday to reach back out.

Thanks for voting. Results are in line with my personal expectations.

It’s funny. It seems over the years that companies are discouraging phone calls and setting up elaborate tracking systems with case/ticket numbers for everything. Yet, somehow, my personal experience on getting answers to questions or solutions to problems is that it’s taking longer and longer.

My clients are told I will respond to voicemails and emails within one business day, even if to be told "I don't know, let me dig further." (I = me or my staff.) I have never received a complaint, and have received stellar reviews, by sticking to this commitment.

I think 2-3 days is acceptable and appropriate—so that is how I answered. I think that within one business day is “ideal”—but to me—what is acceptable/appropriate and what is “ideal” are two different things.

Users who are viewing this thread