What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst place you've ever slept? (1 Viewer)

Concrete floor of an airplane hanger at Woodstock '99.

If you watched the Netflix documentary, that pretty much summed it up. Add to the mix that I was there with a "new" girl who forgot to bring the poles for the tent she brought for us. That wasn't the only "tent" without "poles" that week as she jumped into the mud next to the turned over porta-potties on the first day, which promptly made me lose my "tent pole" for the rest of the trip. It was like 100 degrees and the only place I could ever get cool enough to sleep was in that hanger when it wasn't used for raves and other stuff at night. It was hard concrete, but it was cooler than any other surface around.
I remember that hangar. We rolled right off the Q102 bus (Cincy radio station that we won a free trip from -tix, charter bus ride, and a tent) and right into that hangar as George Clinton and P-Funk took the stage. That was epic. And things mostly got worse from there in a “that was amazing ,how did we not die, let’s never do that again way).

I managed to stay out of the mud, but that was probably the only shower I’ve ever taken that I exited in considerably worse shape than when I entered, (at least from the calves down since that’s how deep the drainage backup was.)

The bolded comment is 100% how I feel about that experience. Honestly, even if it was the way it was, if the girl I was with stayed out of the Hepatitis pond on the first day, it still could've been a lot of fun. I've never had someone go from attractive to completely off the roster so fast.

I still remember arguing with her when we were leaving about where the car was parked. I said it was left of the gate, she swore it was right. I let her go to the right and walk around for 30 minutes while I sat on the cooler and waited. When she got back, I went left, found the car, started it, and took a 30 minute nap with the AC running before I drove over and got her. She also hydroplaned on the way home on I-81, slipping about 45 degrees beside a semi before getting it straight again. I swore I was going to die.

Users who are viewing this thread