What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is your biggest Fantasy Football worry for 2022-23? (1 Viewer)

I received CEH in my “godfather offer” for Mahomes, and after those 2 good games he had last year flipped him for my own 1st. 

As I then decided to completely rebuild it was fortuitous as that pick should (should) be the 1.01

I don’t think you could find a trade partner willing to give up the 2023 1.01 in SF (or redraft) for CEH, so imma count that as a win. 
I traded 4 years (3 now) of CEH and jk dobbins, for two (1) of Ekeler and one (0) of c Patterson plus a top 10 de year rental last year.   Considering that I'm still very high on Ekeler I might still make a CEH + dobbins move for him if given the opportunity even as a one year rental.

I traded 4 years (3 now) of CEH and jk dobbins, for two (1) of Ekeler and one (0) of c Patterson plus a top 10 de year rental last year.   Considering that I'm still very high on Ekeler I might still make a CEH + dobbins move for him if given the opportunity even as a one year rental.
I mean, that’s the good news. If you believe CEH can be a solid FF RB2, he’s probably affordable.

i don’t, but it is possible. 

I have some worries about Miami WR's not named Hill. After drafting Waddle last season, I expected big things - he delivered. now what? he's a 77-1000-6 guy with Hill in town??? or is Hill just a significantly overpaid bust? 

disclaimer: I'm an owner of Hunter Renfrow.  I have a vested interested. I think the D. Adams trade will fall far short of expectations under Joshy boy McD. this guy has made household names of Welker and Edelman - Renfrow might be better than both. I dont see that changing. Adams will get his numbers, but I think far less value than Renfrow whose numbers might actually improve under Josh McD. His OFfenses on predicated on the little guy doing damage underneath, and not because his QB can't throw 20 yards downfield, he had TB12 for pete's sake. 

I do believe that as smart as Andy Reid thinks he is, he will rue the day he let Hill leave town. Mahomes' #'s were dropping off last season, and I expect that trend to continue for 2022/3 now without Hill.

Picking the wrong (2) keepers in a big money league.  Been holding tyreek and elliott for years at no cost (all players are held at a round earlier than last years draft round and I scored hill late years ago and elliott as a FA pickup because some dip#### dropped him during 2017 resetting his keeper value to a last rounder in the upcoming season). 

• T Hill in the 11th - How will the change impact him
  • Elliott in the 12th - Put up 1K last year and 10 tds but ypg has been in steady decline and a few changes on the offense.
  • Cam Akers (FA pickup) in the 16th - Seems like the guy on a loaded offense.
Whoever I dont keep is getting traded for pick upgrade this year.

Sidebar - I asked the footballgods at FBG to develop an article or tool around keeper valuations in leagues like this so here's hoping something comes to fruition. Would be a cool addition.

Picking the wrong (2) keepers in a big money league.  Been holding tyreek and elliott for years at no cost (all players are held at a round earlier than last years draft round and I scored hill late years ago and elliott as a FA pickup because some dip#### dropped him during 2017 resetting his keeper value to a last rounder in the upcoming season). 

• T Hill in the 11th - How will the change impact him
  • Elliott in the 12th - Put up 1K last year and 10 tds but ypg has been in steady decline and a few changes on the offense.
  • Cam Akers (FA pickup) in the 16th - Seems like the guy on a loaded offense.
Whoever I dont keep is getting traded for pick upgrade this year.

Sidebar - I asked the footballgods at FBG to develop an article or tool around keeper valuations in leagues like this so here's hoping something comes to fruition. Would be a cool addition.
Can you make an off-season trade?   This sounds like a bounty of riches problem. Someone else is bound to be holding a guy like... Gibson... for a 2nd.

Edelman - Renfrow might be better than both.
Watch some Edelman highlights.   You crazy.

I change my vote - off-season drama. Last year it was Rodgers and Watson both potentially not playing as my starting superflex QBs. 

This year, I have Ridley 🤦‍♂️ and Jeudy 🤦‍♂️ and it isn’t even June yet. 

Can you make an off-season trade?   This sounds like a bounty of riches problem. Someone else is bound to be holding a guy like... Gibson... for a 2nd.
Yep going to move one of them in the next few months.  Hill and Elliott current adp 2nd and akers in the 6th.  

My biggest worry for 2022 is that my wife will go through with her plans to book 2 cruises this fall, a 7 night and a 9 night and  for 3 weekends I'll have spotty to no internet,miss waiver deadlines  and lineup submissions. Although off of my performance last year that may be a good thing.

My biggest worry for 2022 is that my wife will go through with her plans to book 2 cruises this fall, a 7 night and a 9 night and  for 3 weekends I'll have spotty to no internet,miss waiver deadlines  and lineup submissions. Although off of my performance last year that may be a good thing.
Reminds me of the 1 year I played in the WCOFF. Ronnie Brown as my RB2, the Wildcat wonder - and LT on the downside of his career.

I had a trip to Germany planned, and was there for 10 days.  First weekend I had to set an alarm to get down to the shared computer in the lobby to check statuses & set my lineup.

2nd weekend I did the same, but learned that Ronnie was done for the season. At that point I was 7-0 or 8-0 & that pretty much ruined my year in the WCOFF. Didn’t win another game.

try to convince your SO to go somewhere with internet access. 👍🏼

rockaction said:
I'll add to the thread. 

I play IDP. I used two mid second round picks on Micah Parsons and Jamin Davis. 

My biggest fear is that one doesn't develop and the other keeps getting deployed on the defensive line instead of at linebacker. A usage like that really hurts a LBs scoring. In a league where we average about 210-215, it can be the difference between ten points (if on the line) and twenty or even twenty-five points (if at linebacker proper for Parsons). That's huge. That's my biggest worry. That and my running backs are really suspect. But I know that. What the unknown is with those two guys is worse. 

You took Jamin Davis in round two this year?  Or you used 2 2's in last year's rookie draft in a dynasty?

Davis had MAYBE three standout plays last year.  Most of the year he looked lost and was bypassed by journeyman Cole Holchomb for playing time and I believe defensive play calling.  :(

Or you used 2 2's in last year's rookie draft in a dynasty?

Two two's in a rookie draft in dynasty. I know what you're saying, but Davis's ADP was right where I picked him, if not higher. He disappointed everybody. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Two two's in a rookie draft in dynasty. I know what you're saying: But Davis's ADP was right where I picked him, if not higher. He disappointed everybody. 

Yep, that is correct.  Made way more sense when you drafted him than he would have in the 2nd this year.  :)

Dynasty trade package that essentially was me trading Kirk Cousins, Kareem Hunt, Brandin Cooks, Darnell Mooney for JK Dobbins and Sammy Watkins (eh).  Points wise it was a bit in my favor.  I now have Lamar, JK, and Gus Edwards.  Biggest worry would be A) Dobbins doesn't recover from the ACL cleanly this year and/or B) the Ravens running game just isn't as good anymore.  If they roll, I could be a in a very good position.  If they stink, the year will stink.

In general I'll have the same fear I have every year and that fear is that I'm going to lose everything or put another way lose my fantasy bankroll which right now is set to fund over 35 dynasty and redraft teams. This bankroll was established from previous years fantasy winnings and has enabled me to not pay out of pocket for an entry fee in at least the last 5 years in addition to being the reason I do so many leagues.  If I lose this bankroll I'll still be playing, just not remotely as much.

Have a friend who competes in these same leagues I do who  a few years ago  had several redraft and dynasty teams that totaled around $9K in entry fees and he did not win a dime. I'm a good amount past that entry fee range and have more leagues but in a nutshell that's my fear, this happens to me.

In terms of actual concern about fantasy players or a fantasy situation that would be an ankle for one Michael Thomas.

Dynasty trade package that essentially was me trading Kirk Cousins, Kareem Hunt, Brandin Cooks, Darnell Mooney for JK Dobbins and Sammy Watkins (eh).  Points wise it was a bit in my favor.  I now have Lamar, JK, and Gus Edwards.  Biggest worry would be A) Dobbins doesn't recover from the ACL cleanly this year and/or B) the Ravens running game just isn't as good anymore.  If they roll, I could be a in a very good position.  If they stink, the year will stink.
Dobbins got hurt early enough in the preseason that he should be back just as strong as before, and I'm saying this as someone who traded him away.

My biggest worry is missing out on the early bird discount and then the plan increasing in price to over $70 (about double last year's price) without warning it would increase so much.  

menobrown said:
In terms of actual concern about fantasy players or a fantasy situation that would be an ankle for one Michael Thomas.
I second this.  Left the 2019 season thinking how freaking awesome it is to finally have THE WR1 on my team for the next few years...its funny how completely and utterly wrong you can be sometimes lol

Users who are viewing this thread