What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What should be the new Minnesota State flag? (1 Viewer)

Which should be the new Minnesota state flag

• 2100 - The PowerPoint Flag

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • 1953 - The Caribbean Dictator Flag

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • 944 - The USFL Flag

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
And the winner is?

The Caribbean Dictator Flag.

"The commission settled on a flag design, choosing the submission with the white, green and blue stripes and an eight point star on the left. The commission will be making some changes to the flag to try to make it more "Minnesota" looking. "

Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

Mmm, not much representation of MN.
Native Americans legacy, Vikings (not the football team), 10k lakes, Paul Bunyan, farming, iron range, boundary waters, farming, flour milling, pine trees, hunting, fishing, mosquitos, boating,mall of america,hockey, green bean casserole, "pop", "uffda"!

ETA: I guess the green bean casserole is represented by the green stripe 😐.
Uffda should be the state motto.

Well I just voted for the USFL, and the FBG community is no help as all 3 options are now tied at 11 :)

ETA: Boo, just saw that the decision has already been made. Any were better than the current one.

Why are they changing it?
Current flag is terribly terrible. Also a little racist
Please explain this to someone who’s never seen the flag.
The picture ink is in the first post. Might have something to do with the Redskin in the background. Not a good look.
There used to be Indians in Minnesota. (There still are.)

Edit: The longer explanation is that the flag depicts the two groups of people most closely associated with the history of the region. The first are the plains Indians, who were mostly horsemen, which is they they're depicted on horseback. The second are settlers who came out here to farm, which is why they're depicted as sod-busters. Those are two groups of people who actually existed side-by-side more or less as shown.

Last edited:
I guess after the tweaks I actually like the final design.

That's much better. But it's kind of funny that they took one look at the winning design and were like "No, we're not doing that dontchaknow."

And the winner is?

"The commission settled on a flag design, choosing the submission with the white, green and blue stripes and an eight point star on the left. The commission will be making some changes to the flag to try to make it more "Minnesota" looking. "

So I just want to get this straight. They did a contest and boiled it down to three designs (all pretty bad). They then put those three designs up for vote. Then the design that won will be changed for the official flag.

WTF? Why even go through those motions?

So I just want to get this straight. They did a contest and boiled it down to three designs (all pretty bad). They then put those three designs up for vote. Then the design that won will be changed for the official flag.

My town opened a new children's museum like 15 years ago. They held a community contest to come up with a name for the mascot. I'm sure there were some bad and/or hoax suggestions tossed away in there of the Boaty-McBoatface variety, but the finalists were all pretty darn good ideas that assorted kids came up with.

They ditched all of those and went with a name that was obviously selected by a committee of marketing professionals.

And the winner is?

Minnesota is pretty banana republic in operation.

It's a little weird that they'd have this contest and then just do their own thing anyway, but I do think they chose the best of the 3 finalist and I also think they improved on the design.

The best thing about the design was the geometric Minnesota shape and they kept that. The two tone blue is MUCH better than the 4 color amalgamation of the original. I do think the original star was cooler, but the more geometric, even star is easier to reproduce on a flag so...

To let people feel involved, even if they really have no say.

"Minnesota Nice", baby.

Users who are viewing this thread