What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What to do about Jesse James, hold him or drop him for another player? (1 Viewer)

dfine1966

Footballguy
No trading allowed. My team is 0-3 and been beaten all three weeks by the one of the top scoring teams in the league. I need help. This is a 12 team PPR league with 20 roster spots per team. Not a lot of players left.
This is a non trading league. TE's can be used in flex. I have two flex spots each week. TE's get 1.5 PPR. TE's are big in this league. The rest of the players get 1 point PPR. 

I have OJ Howard and Tyler Eifert. I could keep James, or drop him for a WR ,RB or another TE. 

My options to pick up are Frank Gore,Albert Wilson, Taylor Gabriel, Cole Beasley. If I want another tight end, I could pickup Rhett Ellison, Geoff Swaim or Cameron Brate. So what should I do, keep James or drop him for one of these guys. If so who should I go after?

Here is my team. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 2 Flex(RB,WR,TE), K, Def

QB: Rodgers and Stafford
RB's: D. Johnson, D. Freeman(INJ), P. Barber, TJ Yeldon(ankle hurt), L. Murray(Cook is back), N. Hines, Chase Edmonds(Backup to Johnson)
WR's: B. Cooks, G. Tate, T. Ginn, P. Garcon, D. Amendola, R. Anderson(Darnold does't throw to him for some reason)
TE's: OJ Howard, T. Eifert and J. James
K: Gostkowski
Def Bears

Last edited by a moderator:
Are trades not allowed?  or just nobody in the league engages in trading or trade talks? 

James is definitely valuable in a league that rewards TE's like this.  But, especially with McDonald's presence, you're going to be hard pressed being able to trust him in your lineup with McDonald also healthy.  That said, I like James over Ellison (probably a short-timer while Engram is banged up) and definitely over Swaim (Dallas offense is turrible and he's unproven).  I'd like Brate more if Jameis was the QB, as I think his rapport with Jameis is better than Howard's based on past seasons.  

Are trades not allowed?  or just nobody in the league engages in trading or trade talks? 

James is definitely valuable in a league that rewards TE's like this.  But, especially with McDonald's presence, you're going to be hard pressed being able to trust him in your lineup with McDonald also healthy.  That said, I like James over Ellison (probably a short-timer while Engram is banged up) and definitely over Swaim (Dallas offense is turrible and he's unproven).  I'd like Brate more if Jameis was the QB, as I think his rapport with Jameis is better than Howard's based on past seasons.  
No. There is no trading in this league. Tight ends are important in this league with 1.5 PPR, but I'm not sure I would ever start him not knowing if he will even get targeted. I don't have to pick up another tight end if I dropped James.  I could add to my WR's or RB's.  I have OJ Howard and Tyler Eifert right now as my TE's.  

I don't have to pick up another tight end if I dropped James.  
My bad.  Somehow I read that as you had to have three rostered...maybe I'm getting posts confused in here. 

I'd keep him over those RB/WR options. If McDonald gets hurt or missed time James would be an easy flex option

Users who are viewing this thread