What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

what to do when one team in the league is MIA? (1 Viewer)

Largent72

Footballguy
Not sure if this is the forum or place to ask this question, but nonetheless I want to give the commish some idea's. 12 team league, one guy has basically abandoned his team. Essentially leaving the same line-up from the draft night and walks away - e.g, Jeudy, CMC in his line-up, heck even NYG kicker Martinez still there. Given the number of games/weeks - the first few week opponents are getting to play him twice this season. So the "let the chips fall where they may" isn't a fair deal. 

Any suggestions on how to eliminate this problem without wreaking havoc on the schedule? 

Thanks

Not sure if there is a better area than here to ask that, but I'll try anyway. Contact the owner via e-mail/Messenger Chat and make sure he's MIA. Once that happens, put the best lineup available for his roster (do NOT pick up FAs for him, his roster is effectively locked) and look for a replacement owner to reassign his team to.

I assume this is Yahoo, but even if not here's another place to talk about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too late now but I wrote a provision in a league constitution for situations like this. Probably best bet is to have a league vote and then not invite this person back next year.

[4.7 Anti-Tanking Provision]
FFL is a competitive league, created for the league owners to have fun playing fantasy football. While the competition may be fierce, this is not considered a cut-throat league. In the spirit of competition and league fairness, owners are not allowed to intentionally create a legal starting lineup that gives the opposing team a clear advantage. The executive committee reserves the right to step in and adjust the starting lineup of a team that is clearly trying to intentionally lose a game. If the committee must adjust a team's lineup in two consecutive weeks or for three or more weeks in any one season, the team will be considered inactive, and the executive committee may assume ownership of the team as detailed in the active ownership requirements section.

Not sure if there is a better area than here to ask that, but I'll try anyway. Contact the owner via e-mail/Messenger Chat and make sure he's MIA. Once that happens, put the best lineup available for his roster (do NOT pick up FAs for him, his roster is effectively locked) and look for a replacement owner to reassign his team to.

I assume this is Yahoo, but even if not here's another place to talk about that.
This is the best way to do it. I'd shoot that email off ASAP give him until Thursday morning to respond (to accommodate for TNF). No answer and he's out. Get a replacement on standby even before you get confirmation if he's in or out. The sooner you can get a warm body in there as manager the better.

Have the league agree on a site to use in terms of weekly ranking to auto set his line-up.

Users who are viewing this thread