What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

what will happen with montario hardesty (1 Viewer)

assistant coach forum
:confused: How can you be so sure?I wish i knew what the Cleveland Browns backfield will look like in 2011. Hillis is a bruising pass-catcher with nice speed for his size. Hardesty brings alot of the same skills to the table, however Hardesty jukes a bit more after hitting the hole where as Hillis looks to punish the tacklers once he's made it past the 1st line of tacklers... Is one a change of pace back over the other? I don't really see it.

One gets hurt and NEVER plays, one plays ALL the time, hurt or not.

assistant coach forum
:unsure: How can you be so sure?I wish i knew what the Cleveland Browns backfield will look like in 2011. Hillis is a bruising pass-catcher with nice speed for his size. Hardesty brings alot of the same skills to the table, however Hardesty jukes a bit more after hitting the hole where as Hillis looks to punish the tacklers once he's made it past the 1st line of tacklers... Is one a change of pace back over the other? I don't really see it.

if they're both healthy and on the team, etc, I would imagine it'll be something like kc or the jets, unless one guy really stands out -- then maybe you get more of a 2-1 distribution.

assistant coach forum
:unsure: How can you be so sure?I wish i knew what the Cleveland Browns backfield will look like in 2011. Hillis is a bruising pass-catcher with nice speed for his size. Hardesty brings alot of the same skills to the table, however Hardesty jukes a bit more after hitting the hole where as Hillis looks to punish the tacklers once he's made it past the 1st line of tacklers... Is one a change of pace back over the other? I don't really see it.
Just as easily said, "should I pick up Hardesty" basically what OP is saying as he contributed nothing to the thread

assistant coach forum
:thumbup: How can you be so sure?I wish i knew what the Cleveland Browns backfield will look like in 2011. Hillis is a bruising pass-catcher with nice speed for his size. Hardesty brings alot of the same skills to the table, however Hardesty jukes a bit more after hitting the hole where as Hillis looks to punish the tacklers once he's made it past the 1st line of tacklers... Is one a change of pace back over the other? I don't really see it.
Just as easily said, "should I pick up Hardesty" basically what OP is saying as he contributed nothing to the thread
This isn't an ACF thread so stop your constant whining. You contribute nothing to this entire forum. If you hate this place so much go somewhere else.

assistant coach forum
:thumbup: How can you be so sure?I wish i knew what the Cleveland Browns backfield will look like in 2011. Hillis is a bruising pass-catcher with nice speed for his size. Hardesty brings alot of the same skills to the table, however Hardesty jukes a bit more after hitting the hole where as Hillis looks to punish the tacklers once he's made it past the 1st line of tacklers... Is one a change of pace back over the other? I don't really see it.
This isn't an ACF thread so stop your constant whining. You contribute nothing to this entire forum. If you hate this place so much go somewhere else.
Or just use the report button and let the mods decide.

See Tampa Bay from 1997-2001

Montario Hardesty = Warrick Dunn

Peyton Hillis = Mike Alstot

Jake Dellhomme = Trent Dilfer

Mohamed Massaquio = Reidel Anthony

Montario Hardesty = Warrick DunnPeyton Hillis = Mike AlstotJake Dellhomme = Trent DilferMohamed Massaquio = Reidel Anthony
Just b/c there's similarities between Alstott and Hillis doesn't mean you can shoehorn the rest to fit your analogy.

Montario Hardesty <= Warrick Dunn

Peyton Hillis >= Mike Alstot

Jake Dellhomme (Colt McCoy) = Trent Dilfer

Mohamed Massaquio = Reidel Anthony (Jacquez Green)
Just b/c there's similarities between Alstott and Hillis doesn't mean you can shoehorn the rest to fit your analogy.
I'm not shoehorning. But now that I examined the numbers in more detail I did make some changes to my original point.I think the Browns next year will closely resemble the Bucs from 1999. Here are the Bucs stats:

Mike Alstot: 949 rushing, 3.9 ave, 27 recep, 239 yards

Warrick Dunn: 616 rushing, 3.2 ave, 64 recep, 589 yards

*Jacquez Green: 56 recep, 791 yards

Dilfer and others: 268 out of 447 for 2781 yards

I can see Hillis, Hardesty, Massaquoi, and Dellhomme (or McCoy) putting up very similar numbers. Hillis has proven he's a capable pass receiver so just swap the receiving stats for Alstot and Dunn and the 2011 Browns will resemble the 1999 Buccaneers....at least on offense. A run first team and a quarterback who main job is to not make mistakes.

*By 1999 Tampa realize Anthony wasn't going to amount to much so they tried Jacquez Green. Anthony's stats in 1997 and 1998 were similar to what Green did in 1999 and 2000.

assistant coach forum
:banned: How can you be so sure?I wish i knew what the Cleveland Browns backfield will look like in 2011. Hillis is a bruising pass-catcher with nice speed for his size. Hardesty brings alot of the same skills to the table, however Hardesty jukes a bit more after hitting the hole where as Hillis looks to punish the tacklers once he's made it past the 1st line of tacklers... Is one a change of pace back over the other? I don't really see it.
:goodposting:

Hardesty, if he gets healthy, will likely be the next RB behind Hillis. He looks like one of those guys who might be significant when the rb1 goes down to injury. Seeing that it's a torn ACL, this scenario could possibly unfold in 2012.

does hardesty have 3rd down back skills? is this a leon washington/chester taylor type of guy we are talking about here?

i always had the impression that he was more of a good all around talent with no specifically great skills.

he's going to be the handcuff to hillis that gets less than 33% of the carries (imo). the fact that he is sitting behind a super physical running back that gets 20-30 touches per game adds to his value. hillis hasn't has the chance to play through a entire season yet and will be on my injury watch next year.

i would say he is one of the more valuable guys in the handcuff category (even if you don't have hillis, you sit him on your bench in case hillis gets hurt), but still within the handcuff range.

in no particular order...hardesty, tate, gerhart, snelling, tolbert, m moore, green, j harrison, b scott, ringer.

if any of these starters get hurt, these handcuffs become instant rb2's

other than that, he shouldn't hold much value a all

I just think as a Browns fan we are in a awesome position with these 2. Hardesty is mostly 1 dimensional but Id argue if healthy he would have as many punishing highlights or more than Hillis has at this point. Hillis has proven to be a stud but if we are smart we need to make sure he will survive an entire season. Hardesty should be a monster 3rd down back with few opportunities to start as Hillis is sure to keep taking unecessary risks. He will be Michael Turner pre Warrick Dunn exit. We'll draft another young guy to throw in the mix but we have 2 great guys to continue to build around. Cant wait for Hardesty/Hillis next year. :lmao:

I just think as a Browns fan we are in a awesome position with these 2. Hardesty is mostly 1 dimensional but Id argue if healthy he would have as many punishing highlights or more than Hillis has at this point. Hillis has proven to be a stud but if we are smart we need to make sure he will survive an entire season. Hardesty should be a monster 3rd down back with few opportunities to start as Hillis is sure to keep taking unecessary risks. He will be Michael Turner pre Warrick Dunn exit. We'll draft another young guy to throw in the mix but we have 2 great guys to continue to build around. Cant wait for Hardesty/Hillis next year. :lmao:

abe froman said:
I just think as a Browns fan we are in a awesome position with these 2. Hardesty is mostly 1 dimensional but Id argue if healthy he would have as many punishing highlights or more than Hillis has at this point. Hillis has proven to be a stud but if we are smart we need to make sure he will survive an entire season. Hardesty should be a monster 3rd down back with few opportunities to start as Hillis is sure to keep taking unecessary risks. He will be Michael Turner pre Warrick Dunn exit. We'll draft another young guy to throw in the mix but we have 2 great guys to continue to build around. Cant wait for Hardesty/Hillis next year. :goodposting:
Hardesty is nt a thid down back at all, he is a big guy with very limited receiving skills , who runs over people not around them ( And then gets injured and miss time ) ...

abe froman said:
I just think as a Browns fan we are in a awesome position with these 2. Hardesty is mostly 1 dimensional but Id argue if healthy he would have as many punishing highlights or more than Hillis has at this point. Hillis has proven to be a stud but if we are smart we need to make sure he will survive an entire season. Hardesty should be a monster 3rd down back with few opportunities to start as Hillis is sure to keep taking unecessary risks. He will be Michael Turner pre Warrick Dunn exit. We'll draft another young guy to throw in the mix but we have 2 great guys to continue to build around. Cant wait for Hardesty/Hillis next year. :goodposting:
Hardesty is nt a thid down back at all, he is a big guy with very limited receiving skills , who runs over people not around them ( And then gets injured and miss time ) ...
Hardesty was regarded as having very competent receiving skills. UT split him at WR on occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread